• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analyze the Jeffster

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
First off, I'm not sure I agree. We could be confusing social anxiety with introversion, which are different things, presumably. The internet's anonymity has a way of evoking people's true selves.
Eh, if you look at actual cases, that doesn't hold true. Introverts are just as active online if not moreso as/than extroverts. It reveals our true thoughts, potentially, but the interface is what distorts personality. Just as heart said, this isn't draining, unlike real life social activity.

heart

heart on fire
Third, I am typing him based on his personality on the forum, rather than his personality in real life, which I again have no access to.

That's the same for everyone here. Many people here claiming to be introverts have way higher post counts than extroverts. Social anxiety didn't even come into my equation. I was relating it to how draining a social activity feels based introversion not anxiety.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
My first name is Jeffrey and I was born in New Jersey. That's the closest you'll get to an answer to that question.

Irrelevent questions, but:
i) Have you ever been annoyed at other ways to spell Jeffrey, thinking that there Can Only Be One way to spell it?

ii) Do old Jersey cattle in from New Jersey feel an urge to moove? :D

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Is the Jeffster an Extrovert?

Thank you, Edahn. You're the first one to actually reply with some substance! :)

You're welcome.

Jeffster the Extrovert said:
One thing, though, and I'm not contradicting you here, just asking for the sake of furthering discussion...wouldn't a lot of posts on an internet forum actually be MORE likely from an introvert? It would seem to me that an extrovert would desire more actual in-person contact rather than words on a computer screen.

Why do people equate high post counts with extraversion... it's the internet people, an introvert can go postwhore crazy without leaving their comfort zone :doh:

It doesn't EQUATE with high post count (and I didn't say it did) but it's an indication. I'm not saying I have proof that Jeffster is extraverted (and assigning me that burden is illogical), but a high post count would be something you'd expect from an extravert. It's all the reliable evidence I have to go on. There are introverts on this site who post less, and author more concentrated posts. Those are the people I think of when I think classic introvert, not Jeffster. Not to mention, folks, I talked to him online and he wouldn't stop talking. :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm..good points, Edahn.

There are two members of this forum who have actually met me in person, scantilyclad and Tallulah. It would be interesting to get their input. But of course, we only met once for lunch, so I don't how much information that meeting actually provided, especially for scanty who was focused on her young son most of the time, and rightfully so. :)

I've encouraged a co-worker of mine to join up here (she's an INFJ and many of the topics here are right up her alley of discussion) but so far she hasn't. She would obviously be the most qualified to analyze me as she sees me (and talks quite often to me) every weekday and the occasional weekend.

heart

heart on fire
Most of the extroverts I know say they don't "get" why I like to chat online so much.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Really? I do.

What are some "signs of Fe"? Just the posts about how to moderate or is there anything else you can point to?

When I took that "cognitive processes" test, Fe actually showed up as my 4th highest function. I'm just throwing that out there as more data.

Jeffster is a FOX!

no explanation necessary.

:D

Irrelevent questions, but:
i) Have you ever been annoyed at other ways to spell Jeffrey, thinking that there Can Only Be One way to spell it?

Yes. In fact, the number of times people wrote it as "Jeffery" was part of the reason I started going by Jeff. One of my best friends growing up used to tease me by calling me "Jeff-ER-ey" just to annoy me. And it worked.

ii) Do old Jersey cattle in from New Jersey feel an urge to moove? :D

Probably. It gets pretty boring just standing in one place all the time.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Eh, if you look at actual cases, that doesn't hold true. Introverts are just as active online if not moreso as/than extroverts. It reveals our true thoughts, potentially, but the interface is what distorts personality. Just as heart said, this isn't draining, unlike real life social activity.

:huh:

Do you have a study to back up what you've said (or anything reliable at all) or is it just something you pulled out of your ass?

That's the same for everyone here. Many people here claiming to be introverts have way higher post counts than extroverts. Social anxiety didn't even come into my equation. I was relating it to how draining a social activity feels based introversion not anxiety.

Again, it's one indication, and it lends itself more to an extraverted personality than an introverted one. Maybe "many people" do claim to be introverts, but that doesn't mean that on average, a person with a high post count:time ratio is more likely to be an introvert than an extravert.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Most of the extroverts I know say they don't "get" why I like to chat online so much.

Can you explain more about the "Fi dom" part or are you still too busy with the pizza? ;)

heart

heart on fire
Again, it's one indication, and it lends itself more to an extraverted personality than an introverted one. Maybe "many people" do claim to be introverts, but that doesn't mean that on average, a person with a high post count:time ratio is more likely to be an introvert than an extravert.

I didn't claim it did. You were claiming that he wasn't an introvert based on his high post count. I was merely pointing out that an introvert may very well have a high post count.

I don't think a high post count indicates anything but a high level of interests in the topics or people on this board. That's all it indicates. Someone here might have a very low post count and have a very high post count on another board somewhere, we still won't know if they are introvert or extravert.

Can you explain more about the "Fi dom" part or are you still too busy with the pizza? ;)

It's too deep for me to get into today. (My ideas and impression, I am not claiming to know that much really!) I had a headache all day yesturday and feel drained mentally today. I'll PM you sometime over the weekend.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It doesn't EQUATE with high post count (and I didn't say it did) but it's an indication. I'm not saying I have proof that Jeffster is extraverted (and assigning me that burden is illogical), but a high post count would be something you'd expect from an extravert. It's all the reliable evidence I have to go on. There are introverts on this site who post less, and author more concentrated posts. Those are the people I think of when I think classic introvert, not Jeffster. Not to mention, folks, I talked to him online and he wouldn't stop talking. :)

Yeah, I responded to your post specifically but I've seen other suggestions about the place particularly in relation to Jack, hence my wording.

As someone who's been told on many occasions that I 'must' be an extravert on another forum because I had a rather high post rate I disagree that it is an indication of extraversion.

Exactly, so surely in this kind of environment we have to assume a person’s claim of being E or I is accurate unless they have doubt themselves.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What are some "signs of Fe"? Just the posts about how to moderate or is there anything else you can point to?

When I took that "cognitive processes" test, Fe actually showed up as my 4th highest function. I'm just throwing that out there as more data.

I'm not surprised. You've managed to form a lot of connection and make your name pretty ubiquitous on this forum. The way you quote people talking about you in your signature, to me, is a gimmick that increases your perceived popularity on this site. (Not trying to insult you at all, fyi, and I don't even think it's insulting, but just in case.) Your post about the moderators also supports Fe, and lastly, I get the feeling that you are uncomfortable when other people are excluded from the group or made to feel uncomfortable about something. I think that's a classic F/Fe trait.

heart

heart on fire
Your post about the moderators also supports Fe, and lastly, I get the feeling that you are uncomfortable when other people are excluded from the group or made to feel uncomfortable about something. I think that's a classic F/Fe trait.

An Fi dom can get just as upset on case by case basis, based on their own values. Fi's can go on crusades. In fact isn't it more a Fi trait to go against the popular opinion of leaders and crusade for their own values?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's too deep for me to get into today. (My ideas and impression, I am not claiming to know that much really!) I had a headache all day yesturday and feel drained mentally today. I'll PM you sometime over the weekend.

Okie doke, heart. Sounds good! :) Sorry about your headache. I am drained physically at the moment, but mentally I'm popping all over the place. ;)

Oh, but it'd be better if you posted in here instead of PM though. That way it adds to the discussion for everyone. :cheese:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I didn't claim it did. You were claiming that he wasn't an introvert based on his high post count. I was merely pointing out that an introvert may very well have a high post count.

Okay. Then I guess we're not disagreeing. I actually never said he CAN'T be an introvert. I just said that I was choosing extravert and I saw no reason to choose anything else.

I don't think a high post count indicates anything but a high level of interests in the topics or people on this board. That's all it indicates. Someone here might have a very low post count and have a very high post count on another board somewhere, we still won't know if they are introvert or extravert.

It reflects a willingness and enthusiasm to communicate one's ideas and interact with other people, qualities identified with extraversion.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
An Fi dom can get just as upset on case by case basis, based on their own values. Fi's can go on crusades. In fact isn't it more a Fi trait to go against the popular opinion of leaders and crusade for their own values?

I don't think this has anything to do with any crusade.

Second of all, maybe it can be looked at as an Fi trait -- so what? I haven't set out to prove he's Fe dominant. He just asked for some indications that I saw.

wolfy

awsm
I and E
I was thinking you may be E you seem to enjoy posting in order to get a reaction more often than expressing an opinion although you do that too. You can't tell really online. Only you could really know where you get your energy.

S You are S for sure. You don't seem to have started a thread on an abstract MBTI theory."Was Zangief any good" etc

F I would say F and maybe Fe. The way you talk about your son and the fact you've got 69 friends on MBTIc. Also the way you seem to want to build the relationships.

J or P I don't know. Your job sounds like a stereotypical J job. I lean towards J because you give off a motherly vibe. And that would make you ESFJ building on what I already said.

Random thoughts though. You typed Chris Farley as ISFP and I imagine you as a Chris Farley type of guy.

Friendly as hell and a bit off his rocker. :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Do you have a study to back up what you've said (or anything reliable at all) or is it just something you pulled out of your ass?
Just 15 years of observation. If you pass me your beaker and slide rule, I'll make it more scientific, since obviously you and everyone else are going all Oppenheimer about it.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Just 15 years of observation. If you pass me your beaker and slide rule, I'll make it more scientific, since obviously you and everyone else are going all Oppenheimer about it.

Oh, okay, so in other words, you pulled it out of your ass. Just checkin. Thanks.

heart

heart on fire
It reflects a willingness and enthusiasm to communicate one's ideas and interact with other people, qualities identified with extraversion.

I think it's a myth that introverts don't have this feeling as well, it is just that too much extraverting drains them and they must budget it, but online is very liberating for many introverts, allows communication at the time when they feel most up to it and they can pick and choose who and what they reply to and for how long, to what degree etc. Real life does not give these options.