• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type? (confused IxTx)

AmaryllisG

So, while I'm pretty sure I'm IxTx, I'm not quite sure what to make of the other letters. Most give me ISTJ, but 16personalities acknowledges that I'm borderline when it comes to J/P.

When it comes to I/E, I think I'm a social I. I don't mind being alone for a little while, and I need some time to myself, but I generally like one-on-one conversations. I don't feel comfortable in large groups.

When it comes to S/N, I'm leaning toward S, because I'm practical, but I also spend a lot of time thinking to myself about philosophy. I see myself as a realist and sometimes also as a pessimist.

When it comes to F/T, I'm almost certain I'm a T. I believe one's decisions must first be rooted in logic. I'm not heartless, but I value logic over feelings. I'm not prone to giving up in an argument just so no one gets upset. Also, when it comes to my thinking, I store a lot of facts. In my family, I'm the best at things like Jeopardy! and other trivia games. My knowledge is deepest in political geography, linguistics, and history. My worst subject by far is mathematics.

When it comes to J/P, I'm quite confused. Most tests give me J, but 16personalities.com says I'm about 54% J 46% P. From what I've read, Js are supposed to be controlling and highly organized, with no tolerance of deviance from a routine, while Ps are supposed to be fearless, spontaneous, and unorganized individuals. I see my self as borderline. I have no want to control anyone else, but I like having the freedom to change my own schedule. I don't really like being "spontaneous" in the reckless way, but I like keeping my plans open. I do like to travel to new cities, as long as the destination isn't dangerous. When vacationing, I usually like to know exactly how and when to arrive, but once I'm there, I like the freedom to wing it. I do suffer from anxiety and OCD, mostly worrying about my health. I'm not so much compulsive as I am obsessive. My desk, room and closet is not tidy, I admit.

Now, I figured I'd answer one of the "questionnaires":
1. if you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be? A small dragon.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? (yes, written by a 26 year old ) A linguist, perhaps?
3. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be? An apple, I guess? Hadn't really though about it...
4. What is your favorite beverage? Chocolate milk.
5. You're having a cookout... what do you make? Classic burgers.
6. What's the most recent cool thing you've learned? That Cape Verde has a chance of making it to the World Cup? Or perhaps that October 9 was Leif Erikson Day, which I had not heard of before.
7. What portrayal of the future do you like the best? I really don't know which portrayal I like the best, I prefer to simply take the future as it comes and make the best decisions as the come near.
8. You're on death row... what's your last meal? Why, probably some absurd delicacy that no one could ever find, as to ensure I never get executed. If that doesn't work, pizza will do.

Feel free to ask me any follow-up questions if needed, and thank you! :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, while I'm pretty sure I'm IxTx, I'm not quite sure what to make of the other letters. Most give me ISTJ, but 16personalities acknowledges that I'm borderline when it comes to J/P.

When it comes to I/E, I think I'm a social I. I don't mind being alone for a little while, and I need some time to myself, but I generally like one-on-one conversations. I don't feel comfortable in large groups.

When it comes to S/N, I'm leaning toward S, because I'm practical, but I also spend a lot of time thinking to myself about philosophy. I see myself as a realist and sometimes also as a pessimist.

When it comes to F/T, I'm almost certain I'm a T. I believe one's decisions must first be rooted in logic. I'm not heartless, but I value logic over feelings. I'm not prone to giving up in an argument just so no one gets upset. Also, when it comes to my thinking, I store a lot of facts. In my family, I'm the best at things like Jeopardy! and other trivia games. My knowledge is deepest in political geography, linguistics, and history. My worst subject by far is mathematics.

When it comes to J/P, I'm quite confused. Most tests give me J, but 16personalities.com says I'm about 54% J 46% P. From what I've read, Js are supposed to be controlling and highly organized, with no tolerance of deviance from a routine, while Ps are supposed to be fearless, spontaneous, and unorganized individuals. I see my self as borderline. I have no want to control anyone else, but I like having the freedom to change my own schedule. I don't really like being "spontaneous" in the reckless way, but I like keeping my plans open. I do like to travel to new cities, as long as the destination isn't dangerous. When vacationing, I usually like to know exactly how and when to arrive, but once I'm there, I like the freedom to wing it. I do suffer from anxiety and OCD, mostly worrying about my health. I'm not so much compulsive as I am obsessive. My desk, room and closet is not tidy, I admit.

Now, I figured I'd answer one of the "questionnaires":
1. if you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be? A small dragon.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? (yes, written by a 26 year old ) A linguist, perhaps?
3. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be? An apple, I guess? Hadn't really though about it...
4. What is your favorite beverage? Chocolate milk.
5. You're having a cookout... what do you make? Classic burgers.
6. What's the most recent cool thing you've learned? That Cape Verde has a chance of making it to the World Cup? Or perhaps that October 9 was Leif Erikson Day, which I had not heard of before.
7. What portrayal of the future do you like the best? I really don't know which portrayal I like the best, I prefer to simply take the future as it comes and make the best decisions as the come near.
8. You're on death row... what's your last meal? Why, probably some absurd delicacy that no one could ever find, as to ensure I never get executed. If that doesn't work, pizza will do.

Feel free to ask me any follow-up questions if needed, and thank you! :)

I don't see anything wrong with calling it ISTJ. Have you read any ISTJ descriptions? No description is a perfect match. But you should identify with most of the ISTJ descriptions, and also agree with some traits from other types.

AmaryllisG

I don't see anything wrong with calling it ISTJ. Have you read any ISTJ descriptions? No description is a perfect match. But you should identify with most of the ISTJ descriptions, and also agree with some traits from other types.
I guess I do fit ISTJ the best probably. I'm probably just well balanced. Sometimes it's just hard when the descriptions read a bit like extremes.

AmaryllisG

I guess another reason I have doubts is that I fit the descriptions of Ti, Se, Ni, Fe, which are ISTP's functions, rather than Si, Te, Fi, Ne, which are ISTJ's functions.