• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Like a cockroach, I will likely never leave this forum

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Guess who still isn't certain about their mbti type or sociotype? I am literally open to just about any suggestions for what my mbti type is, and am also open to you slapping me in the face with what you feel is super obvious.

What is your MBTI and Enneagram Type?
I’m trying to figure that out now, but I’m pretty sure I’m a 9w1 sp/so. I might be an INFP, but it’s weird to think of myself leading with Fi since I have difficulty forming opinions and deciding how I feel about things. That could also be the reason I am an INFP though?

What got you interested in Personality Type?
I’ve always felt the need to study personalities in general to understand how to interact with others generally and to understand those who behaved… “Strangely”. Personality theories make it more efficient to do this. I took the mbti test the summer before 9th grade (I was supposed to fill out a school survey, didn’t want to, and procrastinated on other tests I would eventually have to take, the mbti test being one of those). At the end I was to pick one of two personality descriptions which both sounded like me (found out later it was INTP vs INFJ, even though I’m pretty sure I’m neither now), and was genuinely took interest in the theory itself afterwards, which branched off into other theories later on.

What kind of work do you do for a living?
I don’t have a job yet, but I plan on becoming a research scientist (likely nanoscale biologist or something like that). Learning has always been the single thing I was passionate about (which says enough for someone as dispassionate as I am). It gives me energy when I can solve problems all by myself or I learn something new and exciting. I want to learn for the rest of my life, so I feel as though research scientist would make that easy.

What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
Well I haven’t lived long, so so far it has been graduating high school. It wasn’t difficult per say, as academically I’ve always done pretty well, but circumstances made it mentally draining. Since I worked so hard and actually finished it, I’d say that’s my greatest accomplishment.

What would constitute a perfect day for you?
A perfect day for me would start with a long hike, perhaps with a dear friend so there would be a good discussion, and involve getting unique food afterwards (maybe something I haven’t tried before). The hike would be long enough to take up most of the day, but leave time towards the end for me to sit down, relax, and draw/regain focus.

What are you most grateful for in your life?
I’m thankful I have the opportunity and motivation to pursue what I want to accomplish, because I know that can be difficult sometimes. I am thankful that I have a close bond with my mother. We’ve always been close friends in a sense, and it’s much easier to have someone who will listen and discuss things with you rather than tell you your opinions or actions are flat out wrong. It’s also nice to have someone to listen and help analyse your feelings (especially since I have trouble doing that on my own), and in the sense will also rely on you for the same thing.

Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
Yes, that is to become a successful research scientist and buy my mother a house by the beach. I am young and do not have a job or a college education yet, so that’s why I haven't accomplished that. I’ve also dreamt of becoming organized and decisive, and have taken steps towards this goal. Something internal that I cannot identify has always blocked me from achieving this goal, however.

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
My environment perhaps, and perhaps I’d get rid of a certain toxic individual and replace them with someone less narcissistic. This individual has hurt a lot of people unintentionally and has stunted my growth as a person to some extent. My town itself is unusually cliquey and habit bound (which isn’t a bad thing if you’re on the inside). If you weren’t born there or you don’t have a loud personality, you will be an outcast. This isn’t an exaggeration either, I have overheard conversations from my neighbor (who came from another country) and other as well who complain about the same exact thing.

Share an embarrassing moment in your life.

(Just one?) When I was in my senior year of high school, me and a couple of my friends formed a “Brass Quartet,” which consisted of two trumpets (including me), and two trombones. I planned to arrange a anime melody for the band, but since we were lacking in time when the first concert neared, our teacher gave us another piece. It made me anxious because it was basically just me soloing and the others accompanying, but it was close to the concert so we couldn’t change it. We practiced a lot, and in the practice just before the concert our intonation and accuracy was at a good level. However, when we got on that stage it was as if none of us had ever touched our instruments (as my mom described it). The three others were playing into the stand, so from the feedback I recieved, no one could hear anything but me. My anxiety got the best of me, strained my tonality, and prevented me from hitting any of the high notes. The entire time I could hear how badly we sound and tried really hard to brush off my anxiety and sound better but couldn’t bring myself to sound good (or stop playing because my ego makes me finish anything I start). In the end, the teacher applauded us for not stopping, but I was really devastated because I had worked so hard and failed anyways.

Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?
Yes, I write it down. Phone calls make me anxious for some reason, and because of that it’s difficult to understand what the person on the other line is saying. If I script myself, sometimes things become a bit easier.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
Decisiveness. I hate that I have to consider every possibility/consequence or hyper analyse even the simplest things in order to make a decision. It’s slow and inefficient. If I was decisive, I’d probably miss less opportunities.

What do you value most in a friendship?

I value a friendship where both parties can learn and grow from each other and also listen to each other. In the end, this makes both parties better people and also makes life a little brighter.

What roles do love and affection play in your life?
Love and affection is something that I struggle with so… I suppose they play the “ego crusher” in my life. While I love my immediate family obviously, I don’t love much else and am incredibly dispassionate. I might feel love for other things, but if I do I’m unaware of it or unable to understand the feeling itself, which makes me feel a bit empty I suppose. Affection is difficult to express and sometimes makes me feel weird if given to me by someone outside of my immediate family, and showing affection/love for others/things is also difficult for me. I show affection by doing things for others, which is a fancy way of saying that no one notices when I show affection.

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?

My trumpet probably. It means a lot to me and I’d rather not go out of practice because I’m lacking an instrument to practice on, but also I bought it with my own money and still haven’t gotten insurance on that, which I should probably do.

Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
My mom because you could literally stick her on a deserted island and she’d survive until you found her or until she died of old age. Me on the other hand, I’m grossly unaware of my environment and would likely accidentally walk off a cliff or eat nightshade or have an allergic reaction to a tree or something stupid. It’d be nice to have someone capable with me.

If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
I’d travel to another country maybe and tour myself around it (without a guide, that’s boring) and get some good food.

Who is your favorite author?/What is your favorite book?

I don’t have a favorite author. I’m sort of a terrible person, so I don’t ever remember who wrote the books I read. It’d be more respectful to that individual if I did, however I don’t and doubt that’ll change anytime soon. Still, I really like “The Mysterious Incident of The Dog In The Nighttime” and “Lord of The Flies.” Both are more psychological in nature, and I like the allegorical nature of LOTF, so those ended up being my favorites.

What has been your biggest challenge?
Overcoming my anxiety, because that has held me back from so many things. Still, since that won’t help mbti wise, I’ll also consistently being behind as well as watching people suffer and being unable to fix it have been challenging. I’m a problem solver, and it hurts to constantly watch someone have the same problem for years and have no solution. With the being behind thing, I’m ahead in some areas, in physical areas I struggle. I still can’t ride a bike, can’t drive a car, and still can’t catch common social references. It’s irritating to play catch up all the time.

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?

I wouldn't want to go back in time, the past is over and done with.

How would your friends describe you?
Energetic, socially incapable, intelligent, accepting, anxious, self depreciating, likes to take on too many things at once/overly busy, distant/closed off and easygoing.

Thanks to anyone who reads and responds. I am willing to answer more questions if you need clarification or more information in order to come to a conclusion.

My guess would be an FP of some sort, but too be honest I don't think these questions are very helpful in determining what cognitive functions you prefer to use. Have you filled out another questionnaire before?

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My guess would be an FP of some sort, but too be honest I don't think these questions are very helpful in determining what cognitive functions you prefer to use. Have you filled out another questionnaire before?
I've done plenty of others, although I really didn't get much of a response from my last questionnaire (except from turi who was very helpful). I can link it here a bit later

edit: here's the link to my most recent one: Can I please have help? I'm hopeless when it comes to typing

I've done plenty of others, although I really didn't get much of a response from my last questionnaire (except from turi who was very helpful). I can link it here a bit later

edit: here's the link to my most recent one: Can I please have help? I'm hopeless when it comes to typing

I'd say INFP, so I agree with Turi. It was my first reaction while reading through your questionnaire. Your e9 and e6 are both very apparent as well.

What stood out the most to me were your answers to questions 3 and 4, which both seem to radiate Fi-Ne. In regards to being a possible Fi-dom, it might not be as apparent because of you being an e9, which could be overshadowing it to a degree. Maybe see if you can relate to the Fi-dom 9s in this Reddit thread: Question about Fi users and Enneagram 9? : mbti.

Also, I don't think you're an ENFP because you don't seem to have that bounce-off-the-wall, high energy that Ne-doms tend to have. I get a much more introverted vibe overall. Plus, e9s tend to be Fi-doms more often than not. Just my two cents.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say INFP, so I agree with Turi. It was my first reaction while reading through your questionnaire. Your e9 and e6 are both very apparent as well. What stood out the most to me were your answers to questions 3 and 4, which both seem to radiate Fi-Ne. In regards to being a possible Fi-dom, it might not be as apparent because of you being an e9, which could be overshadowing it to a degree. Maybe see if you can relate to the Fi-dom 9s in this Reddit thread: Question about Fi users and Enneagram 9? : mbti. Also, I don't think you're an ENFP because you don't seem to have that bounce-off-the-wall, high energy that Ne-doms tend to have. I get a much more introverted vibe overall. Plus, e9s tend to be Fi-doms more often than not. Just my two cents.
Perhaps you and Turi could be correct about me being an INFP. I’ve always struggled identifying with Fi because of its stereotypical understanding of itself, it’s likes and dislikes, its values, and understanding of its emotions (which is why I had gone with ENFP). Perhaps it’s just my 9 fix messing with everything. Thank you much for your input.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread title makes me wanna kick the water fountain just to watch all the roaches flee. Junior high memories :wubbie:

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm probably going to go with ENFP 9w1 sp/so for the moment, I don't think I am sensitive or passionate enough for INFP. If anyone has any more suggestions that'd be really cool though