• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my sibling: ISFP or something else?

RavenDream

MBTI Type
INFP
Hi I'm new here and I need some help ><

Lately, MBTI caught my attention and I started to do some research, just for fun, and now I'm guessing what is my sister's type.
ISFP suits her best (for now), but I still need some help to confirm this.

here is some of her characteristics:

She is a 20-year-old, college student and is studying Computer Science.

She is realistic and pessimistic. There was one time I told her that our school's choir (I was a member and my sister is an ex-member) would win the gold awards in an international choir competition. After hearing that, she immediately told me that it is impossible. She said, "Are you sure your team will win? Your team is consisted quite a number of junior members who are inexperienced and aren't "well-developed". The probability of your team getting a gold award is almost zero. Moreover there are so many groups that are much better than your team out there."
Yea, I was angry after hearing that but she did have a point.

She loves art very very much. She appreciates all form of arts as long as it is meaningful, unique, abstract, aesthetic and "emotional". She would pay a lot of attention to the details and sometimes would speak to herself, murmuring "how does he draw this?" "dang the colours are nice!" "look at that elegant pencil stroke". She told me that she find inspiration from these type of art and hope that she could apply some techniques to her own art. She also said that she wants the viewers to "feel" her art too. (Andd she is currently has a crush on surreal art).

She is very good at writing stories when compare to the rest of our family. She would "show-off" how good her grades were for her essays during her high school days and would spend hours learning different type of phrases to make her essay "beautiful" (she described her essay as that). She got really upset when her precious essays went missing.

She hates going to parties especially family reunion and house warming parties because she always being judged there, especially when it is a family reunion with my dad's family. She often dressed herself as a tomboy because it is something she is comfortable with. My relatives would always criticize on how she wears and her "not-so-beautiful" appearance. (That is what my dad said) All she did was replying all those criticism with a bitter smile or "ahaha".

Maybe because of the above point, she hates people who judge especially by appearance. My dad loves to judge people by appearance. When he commented on someone's appearance, regardless the comment is good or bad, my sister is likely to walk away or say something like "Just let them be who they want to be, as long as it is not fake."

She daydreams sometimes. When I asked what is she thinking, she mostly replied something she did few hours or minutes ago, or something that is about to happen. For example, she once got herself into flower meanings and from what I observed, she spaced out for a very long time and would suddenly mumbled "What if these flowers have their own personality?". Another example is that when she has an important thing to do on the next day, she would talk to herself before going to sleep, saying something like "If the person ask this question I should answer (blah blah blah). What if something happen, how should I react (blah blah blah)." To me, she is like imagining different scenarios for a given situation.
But most of time, she is busy daydreaming her comic plot XD.

She is very observant and very aware of her surroundings (if she does not daydream lol). She would always be the one who notice small details and mostly the first one to act when there is a change in her surroundings. For example, she would notice the other person is taking someone's things away when everybody is talking (my friends love to do that, it's something for fun).

Does she loves to explore? Depends on her mood. All I know she loves to be challenged when going to the amusement park. You challenge her to bungee jump, she would do it; challenge her to go into the haunted house alone, she will said "Challenge accepted".

Although computer science is what she choose to study for her career, she does not like it initially. This is because my parents are kinda dislike the idea of her studying Graphic Design. She also told me that she choose computer science just because there is multimedia.

She is very bad at summarizing things in general. In the past, she would have problems in summarizing movies as she would somehow give out too much details and the other person would always remind her that she was giving away too much spoilers. She is much better now but there was few times when her friend ask her about a movie, she said something like "Okay I will stop right here, no more details. No matter how badly I want to say it, I won't say it and I will endure this pain for the sake of your future movie experience." (I literally laughed out loud)

My sister is very mysterious and it is hard to understand what is she thinking because she NEVER share her problems and (deep)thoughts with anyone else including our family. I know she is struggling about something very personal (which I don't know) and might have depression because I secretly caught her crying quite a number of times when everyone was asleep. (we share the same bed so I know).

When under great stress (especially when assignments storm arrives), she would make a time table, plan out everything and ended up not following it at all.

So how do you guys think, sorry for the very long post, but if anyone of you read until here, I am so grateful that you are willing to read until here ><

Last edited: