• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please type me

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=33903]Crystal Winter Dream[/MENTION]

oh boo, I ask myself both "How do others feel?" and "How do I feel?" and I can't tell which I ask more frequently :p

I think my consistency between what I say and do is more logical than ethical, like it's about some principle instead of being true to myself, so to speak.
So we're back to Fe/Ti instead of Fi/Te :p

a part of me wants to be ESTJ but there's no way that I'm dominant Te :alttongue:

Yea it is easy to get wrapped up in what you want to be. It's okay.

You see, what many mistake about Fe vs. Fi is suggesting Fe does not have its own values. Fe can, unhealthy if it is, groupthink, but it does not do that really.
Fe has internal values it creates through externalizing. They get the scope of how those closest to them feel on the issue then create a base structure. Once this base is found, it chooses to associate with those of the same or similar point of view to avoid conflict.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yea it is easy to get wrapped up in what you want to be. It's okay.

You see, what many mistake about Fe vs. Fi is suggesting Fe does not have its own values. Fe can, unhealthy if it is, groupthink, but it does not do that really.
Fe has internal values it creates through externalizing. They get the scope of how those closest to them feel on the issue then create a base structure. Once this base is found, it chooses to associate with those of the same or similar point of view to avoid conflict.

hmm :thinking: So what's our next step?

Last edited:

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do all this talk, at least here in Typology Central and on Personality Cafe, about being helpful. Umm . . . last night I was at a party, where I was being more "myself" because with my family I have to help, I have no choice, they make me do a lot that I don't even want to do. Well at the party I was just chilling, sitting by myself, eating. The whole time I was looking around thinking to myself "wow, everybody is making conversation with each other, but nobody has walked up to me and tried to talk about anything with me, but if I try to talk with them, it's going to be like I'm intruding on their conversation, so I'll just stay here and if anybody really wants to talk with me, they will, anything else is just fake" so that's how I really feel about being helpful, and not all the stuff I have said before, sorry :p

Last edited:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do all this talk, at least here in Typology Central and on Personality Cafe, about being helpful. Umm . . . last night I was at a party, where I was being more "myself" because with my family I have to help, I have no choice, they make me do a lot that I don't even want to do. Well at the party I was just chilling, sitting by myself, eating. The whole time I was looking around thinking to myself "wow, everybody is making conversation with each other, but nobody has walked up to me and tried to talk about anything with me, but if I try to talk with them, it's going to be like I'm intruding on their conversation, so I'll just stay here and if anybody really wants to talk with me, they will, anything else is just fake" so that's how I really feel about being helpful, and not all the stuff I have said before, sorry :p

Are you sure that isn't anxiety? Because I have anxiety and I tend to get the same thoughts about trying to talk to someone myself, minus feeling if I began the convo it would be fake. I do feel liek I am intruding someone's space...

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you sure that isn't anxiety? Because I have anxiety and I tend to get the same thoughts about trying to talk to someone myself, minus feeling if I began the convo it would be fake. I do feel liek I am intruding someone's space...

I think that if it is anxiety, that it's anxiety from being surrounded by people interacting with each other but nobody is interacting with me, which socially isolates me. I don't think it's anxiety about not knowing how to approach people or now knowing what to talk about. That usually only happens when somebody actually says something to me, or after a conversation in hindsight when I'm looking back on it. :p

Last edited:

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Somebody else asked this question.
Do you ever get the sense that you said or did something wrong to someone or provocated them but you can't figure out why?

I had this response.
Yes, that happens a lot. I'm actually hypocritical in that regard. When people are angry at me, I don't understand what I did, even when they try to explain, I still think they just didn't understand what I meant, not that it's my fault, which it's not. When I'm angry at somebody else, I'm convinced it's their fault and when they don't understand, either they do understand and they're acting stupid to avoid taking responsibility so they don't have to apologize, or they don't understand because they don't know anything about what is rude and what isn't rude.

Last edited:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gonna say first hand you honestly do sound like a core E2 type. E2 wants to be loved and is very prideful so they never want to admit something is their fault or they are flawed. I do see some E9 in the sense you want to be apart of the group. It also seems you are overly concerned with what people think to a degree. I would consider your tritype at this moment probably 296. While it is not set in stone, 296 is a tritype that is more correlated to Fe types but you can be other types too, but you sound pretty Fe to me feeler wise. So any Fi types would be thrown out of the question. You also sound like someone who enjoys focus on the group, but wants close relationships too. So/Sx.

Have you considered some of the other cognitive functions much?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Gonna say first hand you honestly do sound like a core E2 type. E2 wants to be loved and is very prideful so they never want to admit something is their fault or they are flawed. I do see some E9 in the sense you want to be apart of the group. It also seems you are overly concerned with what people think to a degree. I would consider your tritype at this moment probably 296. While it is not set in stone, 296 is a tritype that is more correlated to Fe types but you can be other types too, but you sound pretty Fe to me feeler wise. So any Fi types would be thrown out of the question. You also sound like someone who enjoys focus on the group, but wants close relationships too. So/Sx.

Have you considered some of the other cognitive functions much?

I'm really not that concerned with what people think, only how they treat me. I have a unique yet solid way of thinking, as soon as I understand the subject. I'm hesitant to give an opinion when I don't understand. If I do understand, then I'm simply hesitant to give my opinion because I've been rejected a lot. So if I do give an opinion, it's to somebody that I know isn't going to shoot me down. I'm very into integrity and appropriate behavior. I mostly want a high life with a lot of practical security and also moral security in not being corrupt. I think Si would be the next function after Fe.

Last edited:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm really not that concerned with what people think, only how they treat me. I have a unique yet solid way of thinking, as soon as I understand the subject. I'm hesitant to give an opinion when I don't understand. If I do understand, then I'm simply hesitant to give my opinion because I've been rejected a lot. So if I do give an opinion, it's to somebody that I know isn't going to shoot me down. I'm very into integrity and appropriate behavior. I mostly want a high life with a lot of practical security and also moral security in not being corrupt. I think Si would be the next function after Fe.

2w3 core. 9w1. 6w7. So/Sx.

Your commentary still says a lot of Fe.
Being hesitant to give an opinion unless you fully understand is the sign of an introverted function...the way you commentated suggest either Ti or Ni. So let's look at that since we have another lead.
What do you really mean by getting understanding? Is it feeling you need to know for sure this is true or false, or is it more future oriented? Do you not want to discuss it until all the pieces fit together? Does both of those sound like you even?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
2w3 core. 9w1. 6w7. So/Sx.

Your commentary still says a lot of Fe.
Being hesitant to give an opinion unless you fully understand is the sign of an introverted function...the way you commentated suggest either Ti or Ni. So let's look at that since we have another lead.
What do you really mean by getting understanding? Is it feeling you need to know for sure this is true or false, or is it more future oriented? Do you not want to discuss it until all the pieces fit together? Does both of those sound like you even?

But 2s really go out of their way to be helpful, I'm much more passive, and I'm a bit of a social misfit.
It's to know that something is true, and for the pieces to fit together. I don't think it's about the future, nope.
Don't you think you could be jumping to conclusions about the tritype and variant?

Last edited:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But 2s really go out of their way to be helpful, I'm much more passive, and I'm a bit of a social misfit.
It's to know that something is true, and for the pieces to fit together. I don't think it's about the future, nope.
Don't you think you could be jumping to conclusions about the tritype and variant?

Mmmm I am typing based on what I am hearing and what you are telling me. 2s are usually helpful yes but say, a 2 who has become resentful because people do not accept them or appreciate them, may become manipulative, accusatory, and may become withdrawn from people and dislike them. You asked me to help type you and I am continuing to share my consensus with you. You are allowed to disagree as well.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also want to be clear:
Being a social misfit does not mean you cannot be Fe, or E2, or E3, or anything of that sort. Being a social misfit often may not even be typology related, but related to how people judge someone and etc. I am a social misfit but I am an ENFP, a type known for being loved by people. I am also an ENFP 1 which is quite rare because E1 is normally related to J types. It is self analysis, but to write yourself off because you struggle socially is not logical in this case. :)

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mmmm I am typing based on what I am hearing and what you are telling me. 2s are usually helpful yes but say, a 2 who has become resentful because people do not accept them or appreciate them, may become manipulative, accusatory, and may become withdrawn from people and dislike them. You asked me to help type you and I am continuing to share my consensus with you. You are allowed to disagree as well.

I also want to be clear:
Being a social misfit does not mean you cannot be Fe, or E2, or E3, or anything of that sort. Being a social misfit often may not even be typology related, but related to how people judge someone and etc. I am a social misfit but I am an ENFP, a type known for being loved by people. I am also an ENFP 1 which is quite rare because E1 is normally related to J types. It is self analysis, but to write yourself off because you struggle socially is not logical in this case. :)

I was simply trying to understand how you got to your conclusion. :alttongue:

I think it's core 1w9, and 4 and 5 to go with it. I don't understand why you said 2w3, 9w1, and 6w7.
A video on the home page of Typology Central is about the 9 Enneagram Types at a Party. The lady in the video says that the Enneagram 4 in any social situation feels like a misfit, and wants to connect with other people, but are unable to do so because it's just so inherently difficult for them. It's like they don't even know how. I relate very much with that.

Last edited:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was simply trying to understand how you got to your conclusion. :alttongue:

I think it's core 1w9, and 4 and 5 to go with it. I don't understand why you said 2w3, 9w1, and 6w7.
A video on the home page of Typology Central is about the 9 Enneagram Types at a Party. The lady in the video says that the Enneagram 4 in any social situation feels like a misfit, and wants to connect with other people, but are unable to do so because it's just so inherently difficult for them. It's like they don't even know how. I relate very much with that.

and I am here to tell you E4 is misunderstood and comes in many flavors, I will explain this tomorrow when I have more time because I have A LOT to say on 4s. XD

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and I am here to tell you E4 is misunderstood and comes in many flavors, I will explain this tomorrow when I have more time because I have A LOT to say on 4s. XD

I relate with 1, 4, and 5. It's true not just for now, but also many times in the past. I look forward to seeing what else you can say about this. :)
Not to brag, but simply to state the facts, I have researched all of the enneagram types extensively.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I relate with 1, 4, and 5. It's true not just for now, but also many times in the past. I look forward to seeing what else you can say about this. :)
Not to brag, but simply to state the facts, I have researched all of the enneagram types extensively.

^ Alright, never mind that I said that. I wasted your time. I'm sorry.