• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please type me

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see. I think I have an example. Two places which I frequently visit both sell White Chocolate coffee. I'm typically loyal to one company, but one time I tried the competition, because it was less expensive and had less calories. The quality of the taste was not as good as the product to which I was accustomed. Is that an example of what they mean?

Exact example of what they mean. :)

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
also, now that you know your instinctual variant, it can be helpful in settling on your enneagram tritype. :)

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Exact example of what they mean. :)

Good to know :)

I don't know if he'll return, but if he does, there's an explanation for Cat Brainz regarding 5w4 instead of 7 - I avoid fear by withdrawing, learning, and preparing on my own.
I didn't know that at the time he first asked. It's easier to answer more accurately after some time has passed, which allows for better reflection.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
also, now that you know your instinctual variant, it can be helpful in settling on your enneagram tritype. :)

While we were communicating here, I was researching and found that Sp 9w8, Sx 5w4, and So 4w3 fit me more than the others. :thumbup:

I'm eagerly looking forward to October 3rd, when I can change my username to something more appropriate lol
pretty sure Quint from Jaws had 3w4, 6w7, 8w9 in his tritype - not necessarily in any certain order

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While we were communicating here, I was researching and found that Sp 9w8, Sx 5w4, and So 4w3 fit me more than the others. :thumbup:

I'm eagerly looking forward to October 3rd, when I can change my username to something more appropriate lol
pretty sure Quint from Jaws had 3w4, 6w7, 8w9 in his tritype - not necessarily in any certain order

hah I can understand about coming up with a username that wasn't quite what you wanted.

So you have a pretty withdrawn tri! Pretty common for an INTP. :)

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hah I can understand about coming up with a username that wasn't quite what you wanted.

So you have a pretty withdrawn tri! Pretty common for an INTP. :)

You're reading my mind lol
Yeah after the change, you'll see how it involves me embracing the withdrawn nature of myself lol

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is particularly fascinating because the only INTJ that I've met in person called me a "deep thinker" and a "deep feeler" as I recall.

459 The Contemplative
459 is one of the most socially withdrawn tritypes. This type needs to be able to take the time to be alone with their thoughts and feelings to sort through and better understand the outside world. 4 brings an emotional intensity as well as a rejection of pressures go conform itself to the world. 5 brings a depth of knowledge and a hunger for more that is hard to satisfy. Combined with 9’s preference for withholding judgement, this makes the 459 both a deep thinker and a deep feeler. 459s can be at risk of becoming too withdrawn from the world to the detriment of their own happiness when they begin to expect others to always reach out for them without ever reaching themselves.

source - 459 The Contemplative
459 is one of the most... - MBTI / Enneagram blog

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ironically, you do. That's twice now you failed to detect sarcasm. Get a sense of humor, Quint. ;)

I can't be expected to know when somebody is joking without any sign. That's the point of emojis and the acronym "lol"
Don't troll on a serious thread.

Jaguar

I can't be expected to know when somebody is joking without any sign. That's the point of emojis and the acronym "lol"
Don't troll on a serious thread.

This is a serious thread? Do your homework on type theory if you want to get serious. Next you'll be asking people to dress you in the morning.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is a serious thread?

Apparently you should follow your own advice in your signature because you asked me that.

Do your homework on type theory if you want to get serious. Next you'll be asking people to dress you in the morning.

Leave this thread. You're being disrespectful.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Still looking to get typed? I can sniff out that bothersome type for you!

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
side note Quint that avatar is absolutely ADORABLE!!!

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Still looking to get typed? I can sniff out that bothersome type for you!

I'm good thanks, but I'd still value your opinion. :)
If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to know what you think and why.

side note Quint that avatar is absolutely ADORABLE!!!

Thanks, a friend from Personality Cafe gave me the link :D

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION] [MENTION=33903]JazzyLarsen[/MENTION]
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to waste your time, and I'm figuratively kicking myself for this but . . . I'm good with NP, but I'm not sure about the other two letters.
Also, I'm questioning my whole tritype and instinctual variant again, but I think my heart type could be 4 and my head type could be 5 and my gut type could be 9

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure how well versed you are in socionics but you strike me as perhaps an alpha quadra type.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure how well versed you are in socionics but you strike me as perhaps an alpha quadra type.

I know some about socionics. Each group refers to four types with the same functions. I believe alpha has Ti/Fe and Si/Ne, is that right?
Okay yeah, I just looked it up and that's right. Okay so that narrows it down to four types - ESFJ, ISFJ, INTP, ENTP - and I'm certain about NP, which narrows it down even further to INTP and ENTP

I wonder why I don't strike you as a Delta type, because either I'm stuck in my 4 at the moment, or the 4 is first, and I'm overwhelmed with feelings.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know some about socionics. Each group refers to four types with the same functions. I believe alpha has Ti/Fe and Si/Ne, is that right?
Okay yeah, I just looked it up and that's right. Okay so that narrows it down to four types - ESFJ, ISFJ, INTP, ENTP - and I'm certain about NP, which narrows it down even further to INTP and ENTP

I wonder why I don't strike you as a Delta type, because either I'm stuck in my 4 at the moment, or the 4 is first, and I'm overwhelmed with feelings.

Yes, those would be the valued functions for alpha types. they use the other functions as well but they are said to be unvalued, if I remember correctly.

I like that socionics tries to account for the presence of all 8 in each type, something that not all MBTI theorists take into account.