• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hello Friends!! Am I really an ESTP? (V confused)

helloxo

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hii,
So I'm new here but I would soo love it if you guys can help me figure out if ive been mistyped. I'm in my first year of University studying urban planning. I've taken the online test multiple times, ESTP mostly, ive managed to have a look at the cognitive functions and shit and I've also done an enneagram test which came out 7x8. I've got interested in MBTI from my friend, who is an INFJ i think and she told me to have a go on this forum.
Like I may be an ESTP? But im not sure. She told me I was an ESFP. I read about ESFP and Ireally dont think I am. I am really not too much a fan of the spotlight, and I am 100% a realist. She's sure im not ESTP. And Tbh having the same personality type as Donald Trump isnt too great...

This questionnaire seems to be the most common one so ill do it. (I'm soz but some of the answers may be short.)

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Um probably that ESTP's are very highly energetic, and athletic, socialble whilst I can be energetic, im also fuckin lazy and not athletic in the slightest, but i do ballet tho. Not really sociable either... unless with my close friends. I'm quite happy with routine as long as its interesting, but I will swap if it isnt. I hate change. in fact i despise sports. I can also be very shy infront of large groups, and people I don't know. Only like being the center of attention in small groups. I'm not really a leader either... So I don't really talk that much, if i dont know you. but I can act and pretend that i can... I've always been good at knowing when people are uncomfortable due to their body language and notice small changes. But I know for sure that im not an introvert, cause i do get my energy from talking with people. I am very picky when choosing my friends and have a close knit friendship, and im shit with longterm relationships. But I've never felt like im such a leader... I can also be very very very ditzy.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I really want to be rich, so I can buy nice stuff but also I reallly want to success. I want to be in a powerful position after I finish this fucking stupid university degree lmao. I also really want people to like me. Being respected.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When people praise me and when I'm having fun. Also when I figure out solutions for my assignments(I'm studying urban planning.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Ummmm I havent really thought about that. When people are prettier than me truthfully, and if they go on about somethng I don't get.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
If I make a decision I would usually think first if it makes sense, is it logical, is it realistic etc. I would make sure that I feel as though its a good idea and before thinking about anyone else's.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is to finish it, but I am an awful procrastinator if It is something Im uninterested in. I'm not too fussed to have control of the outcome, i guess. If someone else has control, but doesn't belittle me, as then I would fight for control, or doesnt tell me what to do. As long as the thing I'm doing has a tangible result, that makes it interesting and worthwhile for me to do.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Last year my 18th Birthday, it was so fun! Party with my closest friends. We got pissed af.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
When I want to learn something new, I would go out and do it to see if its cool and fun.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Not organised at all... I'm sure im def P

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
maybe both? Maybe the latter more. It depends. If the principles behind it are relevant and interesting, if its just a a vomit of words than i couldn't be fucked and it would just be a damn waste of time to do it. Yes, i hate doing unnecessary things.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Making sure that I follow what I believe and being myself. My personal values are very important to me. Harmony doesn't matter if something is shit and doesn't work well.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I like group discussions when its my friend group 100% but I always hated class discussions and things like that, in a really big group. I always feel awkward and uncomfortable, unless im drunk. Class talks were boring as to me too as I was never interested in what they were talking about. I was always talking and laughing with my friend next to me about funny videos(that midget falling in water is so funny) or stupid things. We never really talk about deep stuff cause its never really interested us. I never really think before talking- I just talk. I value honestly, if people gloss over shit, so annoying. I have been called insensitive.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Actions speak louder than words, yes. And I do jump into action straight away.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? Go out and have fun 100%

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I can become particularly anti social and hurtful. But i'm not usually stressed out, if people arent trying to tell me what to do im all goods.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When people talk about things that make no sense for the moment right now, like why do people discuss philosophy and religion?? i just dont get it. When people are too stuck in their own feelings, and other peoples feelings. I mean, I do understand people's feelings but i understand that you need to prioritize YOURSELF first. Otherwise you won't go anywhere. People whom are too sensitive, people who are too rigid, smartasses, people who are self righteous, people who plan every minuscule detail of their life. I honestly cannot STAND THAT. Oh and people that are too controlling... really specific but i hate when people bash others for looking different and wearing strange clothes. Leave them be!

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Just whats happening atm, parties, funny videos, whats goin on our lives. I quite talking to my coursemates about our assignments, things about planning as im pretty interested in it.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Um...... I don't pay attention to alot of things if they are uninteresting... probably i never pay attention to the future, i live in the moment. Idk. But I do have times when I dwell on the past... I sometimes think 'ohno why did I say this etc' or 'damn it was easier then'

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ? My friends perceive as me as the leader of the our small four friend group, i do all the talking to professors and stuff. shy but confident, and very impulsive. But i've been described as Charismatic, i sometimes tell people what they want to hear? But i never put my personal values on the line. Friendly, and easygoing. Quite argumentive.. and I get pissed easily. At school I was in trouble alot, I don't like being restrained in the school environment. I didn't like it at all... I hated the inequality between students and teachers, especially the hypocritical ways of school. I know they think of me as blunt and insenstive, they probably think im quite stupid too. I mean sometimes I do stupid things but I can be quite smart, like I know how to wiggle my way out of a bad situation by talking.. i also am quite attentive. My friends wouldn't say this to my face but I bet they would say I can be fake.... I would never be fake maliciously, but just its just a way to be more efficient etc.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I get in a really bad mood and feel like shit If my day is boring and feels wasted, so I would probably call up my mates and we would go hang out.. go to a party, some clubbing. I would go to studio for some training too. If I have had a good convo withmy friends I would feel fulfilled.

Okay so there we go. Damn, im slightly surprised I finished that. hopefully thats enough! Thanks so much guys <3 Sorry about my shitty spelling! Tell me what you think? Personally I would love to be an entp or something l,ol. Sorrry if this is messy, some points don't fit with the question but i just wrote what i thought.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTP does work for you. I thought Te dom at the beginning, but Se comes out on top.

helloxo

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Thanks for your reply ^_^, Why did you think that SE comes out on top?

BrownSugar

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
"I never really think before talking- I just talk." I think that ESTPs do think before they talk. They know exactly what they're doing and saying. They just don't care. And were you a very athletic in school? I think I agree with Mayflower.

Edit: They do care what they say but they don't try to say things to please other people (unless an unhealthy one who is trying to get something/manipulate)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're a little late to the party, sugar.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sound pretty textbook ESFP to me. Se comes out pretty heavily