• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could you try to help me figure out my type?

Chernushka

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
fuk
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Well, I type usually as INFJ, but I feel like I might be actually ENFJ, or INTJ. Keys2cognition results are : INFJ, ENFJ, ISFJ. Also, I'm a very anxious person who was diagnosed with very high IQ, and I'm suspected of having Aspergers.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to have an impact on others. I want to inspire them towards the good, I want to take care of them, but I'm torn between being a savior and being behind the scenes. I like being in the spotlight, but not for a long time. I don't want to be the most famous person in the world, I just want to make my "followers" happy and feeling cared for. I want to achieve my best potential, become a greater version of myself, and show people my vision, acknowledge it, and finally, leading them on a better path, while keeping my independence. I don't exactly know how to put it the right way, but that's what came out.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I was at my brother's. We were a small group of people, him, his girlfriend, two or three of their friends, and me. I felt included, loved, and understood. I experienced the same when I went to visit my great-aunt and one of my mom's cousins. I felt protected, accepted, I didn't feel like a total alien who is disconnected from everyone else like I do everyday. I always get a smile on my face when I reminisce about this, because it was really a good time I had.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I feel inferior when I make mistakes or when I get something wrong, or when I don't know something. I hate ignorance, incompetence and lack of intelligence, and I'm awfully perfectionistic too... I tend not to ask for help, because it'd be admitting I'm doing things wrong and wanting someone else to do it with me, which I hate. I hate to be assisted in what I do. When my mom jumps at every occasion to help me, for example, I just feel the anger boiling inside and I want to insult her in the worst way, because it makes me feel like she thinks I can't do things by myself, which is untrue! I'd rather do things myself than be helped, though I accept a bit of help from time to time.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I usually think about the consequences. Everytime I make a decision impulsively, it tends to get me in trouble, because I need to think about how it will affect the future, my situation, the others, it really depends. But most of the time, I weigh my decisions on the consequences it will have on the long term. I have a strong intuition too, and I noticed that I often should follow the first choice I make, because it's really often the best choice. Complicated to explain.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I'm goal-oriented. I know what I want, and I make sure to have what I want at all costs, though I make sure not to hurt others in the process. I'm awfully stubborn, and tend to plan things on the long term. If one of my plans is cancelled, it can get me extremely upset for quite some time. People always tell me "you can't control the future", but I know which outcome I want, and I will do everything I can to get it.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
When, about a year ago, I played a card game with family friends. It was a game called Dixit (it's creative guesswork with cards), and I had a lot of fun confusing everyone with what I said. It didn't work at each time, but I had a lot of fun. I'm very meaning-oriented, I could say games like that are perfect for me.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Hands-on experience, until I master it. That's how I learned English: as a child, I discovered the Internet, and saw that most of the things here were in English. I used translators, researched words I didn't know, and that's how, years later, I ended up with a fluent level. However, the academic method of learning doesn't work on me. At best, it makes me learn a bit, but at worst, I get completely closed off and uninterested. I notice that if I do it my way and I'm interested in the topic, pretty much everything can get in my little brain.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I'm not "concretely" organized. My desk is a total mess, but it's not dirty, and I know where to find my things. I'm more "abstractly" organized. I tend to make plans all the time. I plan things on the long-term, I always make sure there is always some sort of "structure" in my life. I want my life to make sense. Wishy-washy and unorganized people annoy the f*ck out of me.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both. When I hear a new idea, I make sure to think it as I hear it. I try to make sense of everything, like a puzzle, and then, if it interests me, I'll look around for information. But I try to make sense of things first.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Kind of both. I'm at my happiest when I know people are happy around me. I'm an emotional sponge, and pick up on every emotion that passes. For this reason, though, I'm plagued by my mother's negativity. If someone in my loved ones is suffering, or if someone needs a helping hand, I'm always here. But when I feel that I'm different from the group, even if I like what I do, I can't help but feel strange. No matter where I go, I tend to never fit in, and I hate it. I hate not being like the others, but I know deep down that can't be something else than myself, so I just live with it. I'm a huge people pleaser, and sometimes I distantly listen to their issues just not to upset them, even if I don't care that much. I just don't want to offend them. I constantly put on a facade... I appear to be the nurturer of everyone, but actually, I'm fiercely independent and will always prefer doing my own thing.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before talking most of the time, but when I'm with people I'm comfortable with, I think as I talk. It really depends. But I prefer one-on-one conversations. Group discussions drain me, and I even get headaches and tiredness from it after some time. I love socializing, but I love my alone time too, and wouldn't stand being with overly social people. I keep to myself, but I like having company.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I usually prefer to know where I'm jumping before I jump, but when I'm stressed out, I get the urge to act, no matter how deep in trouble I can get... and yes, actions speak more than words, definitely. I don't want anyone to tell me they love me if they don't show it first. Those words would be empty shells.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'll politely turn them down, because I would have planned my whole evening, and I hate things that happen at the last minute. I'd wish them fun, and think about it for a while, but I'd just gently nestle in my bed or couch, and watch my show. However, if they warn me earlier the next time, I'll readily go with them and make sure to find my episode on the Internet.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get extremely impulsive. It's like my brain shuts down. I just act, think out loud, and usually get extremely angry. I overreact, I get the urge to act, act, act. Think of it as a need to charge towards an enemy. I'm like a bull, who won't let go until its aggressor is dead. I also tend to believe everyone is out to get me. When I get upset about something, I get busy with something to forget about it, and I noticed that sometimes, I ignored people I loved because I was way too busy. In all, it's not beautiful at all.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Apathy, being too blunt and unaccepting of other people, disloyalty, disrespectfulness, idiocy, the kind of ass who like to be mean to others just for fun (the troll type tends to annoy me a lot), people who don't know how to be serious and are too laid-back, and people who seem "too perfect". There's obviously issues with these ones.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Philosophy, thinking deeply, discussing theory, art, spirituality, writing, having talks about their lives, hearing their experiences, relating to them. When I meet someone who sees the world in the same way I do, I often start to appreciate them deeply. I feel like a dog who found its owner.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I don't really know. Everyday things?

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends perceive me as very deep, symbolic, somewhat mystical, artistic, very emotional, looking too deep into things, very opinionated, kind of whimsical, and loyal. They'd never say I'm selfish or someone you can't count on.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'll probably draw some, take care of my cats, go outside a little bit to get some air (who doesn't need to have fresh air everyday?), write, think about things and trying to understand them to the core, and enjoy my alone time. I'll talk to my online peeps on Discord, get back to my things, and spend my day calmly, enjoying my own company.