• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I demand that you type me!

Daisyness

So here goes ..

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I feel like I am sure of the introvertion and the judging. however, even though I've read a decent amount of information about sensing vs intuition, I am still unable to tell which one I use. As for the feeling and thinking, it is what I am most confused about, I see myself as both without leaning towards one more than the other

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I think all I really want in life is freedom/independence and being loved by the people I keep close. I yearn for a quiet life that's extraordinary in its simplicity. I want knowledge in fields I'm interested in, like language. And I would love to take time to volunteer and make a habit of it.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

It was a time where I felt comfortable in my body, I earned good grades and I watched Gilmore Girls which is a show that changed me as a person. I had control, I did not overthink and I was on the right track .

4) What makes you feel inferior?

To be honest, not being good-looking goes highest on that list. And not having a fulfilling life (no friends, no job, no hobbies)

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I try to see how every decision will playout in the future, I take into consideration everyone that would be involved and I try to be fair and not hurt anyone. Even if their definition of fair was different than mine I will go with mine. I do not like being manipulated and I do not allow it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I give up control only if the person wanting to be in control is dependable, but I will still watch like a hawk and keep records of all details (tasks, teammate's responsibilities, deadlines) I'm almost always the one in control though, and I have to say I am damn good at it.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Finally letting go of embarrassment and joining a sport's team in high school turned out to be so much fun. A type of fun I never had before as I tend to keep to myself.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

I'm not sure I understand the question. When I want to learn something new, I usually don't have "a special method" to do it. I usually have ideas of what suits me better and start a try and error period until I find what works. Like I'm doing now with learning Korean. My method might be unusual but it works nicely for me. I couldn't last one day in a Korean learning class. I learn much better on my own.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I'm the most organized person I know. You'll always find my stuff clean and tidy and my notebook filled with plans and to-do-lists. Though I can be disorganized when I'm "creating", I get so caught up in it, Ideas and excitement take over and I dive in the mess.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I LOVE new ideas!! I'm almost always looking to try new things and give myself new challenges. Its a combination of having a "feeling" it would work in a certain way and connecting dots of separate principles I read about and united in my head to represent a new idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Personal values matter most to me, the day I stray from them is the day I will die inside. I've messed with the general harmony before because I held on so tightly to what I felt was right, to what I felt represented me as a person, and I'd do it again. I expect everyone to do the same. Never lose yourself to make someone else feel comfortable.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before I speak, and if I couldn't decide what to say .. then I don't say anything.
One on one all the way. A friend once said to me that I grow quieter with every person that joins us, its very true.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Think then do. I want to see a clear path in front of me before I step forward. Action does speak louder than words but its not that black and white I'm afraid. Not all those who do mean it (in that case I wish they didn't do it at all) and not all those who said it and didn't do it are insincere or inefficient.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

This hugely depends. how many of them are going? where? are they planning on staying out till late? will there be a lot of people there and I will be expected to socialize? when was the last time I saw them? is dressing up needed? will it be loud? To be honest, I usually only go to house gatherings. I feel I connect more with them and I come home feeling full, if that makes sense.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Prefer to be left alone, think of possibilities of what might happen and start coming up with a plan for each possibility. I might even suffer physical discomfort. I always feel my emotions in my body.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Loud
selfish
unhygienic
doesn't listen or listens to argue not to understand
not genuine
users
jealousy
always bored
oh and laziness!!
irresponsibility

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

life - why we do what we do - personality - animals - movies and meaning behind them -
there's nothing I love more than listening to someone interesting talk about how they see the world and interpret events. I stay very quiet and I ask loads of questions.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

hmm, I'm not someone who tries to look their best. My appearance is always minimal and natural. I'm also not interested in a "wealthy-privileged lifestyle" I don't dream of owning big expensive stuff one day.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Once my friends and I started saying what we like about each other. unanimously I was voted funniest/best listener. They also said I had principles.
I think they have a perception of me being louder and less sensitive than I actually am.
They would never say I have hidden motives or that I'm a liar .. at least I hope they wouldn't lol

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

walk for hours in the country side listing to Taylor swift
going to a coffee shop and trying a new drink to have a new memory. read an autobiography there.
Return home and watch a movie wearing a comfortable Pjs and eating popcorn.
Drink warm tea before bed and write in my journal.
Then have a lucid dream lol

Thank you for reading and taking the time to help me figure out my type. its very kind of you.

Last edited:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My general impression was ISFP. How sure are you of a J preference?
ISFJ is possible but J mentality isn't so much about being neat and tidy as it is having a structured approach to life. You can be clean and organized and still have a more exploratory, open ended mentality of a P type.
I don't see iNtuition because the "possibilities" you describe seem quite tangible and immediate. It sounds more like Se to me - looking at immediate opportunities to explore.
In general your writing refers to specific, concrete experiences and factual information, also suggesting sensing.
You seem clearly a Feeling type to me.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This might sound like a random question, but how did "Gilmore Girls" change your life? Which character do you identify with?

Daisyness

My general impression was ISFP. How sure are you of a J preference?
ISFJ is possible but J mentality isn't so much about being neat and tidy as it is having a structured approach to life. You can be clean and organized and still have a more exploratory, open ended mentality of a P type.
I don't see iNtuition because the "possibilities" you describe seem quite tangible and immediate. It sounds more like Se to me - looking at immediate opportunities to explore.
In general your writing refers to specific, concrete experiences and factual information, also suggesting sensing.
You seem clearly a Feeling type to me.

You know, I've never considered the possibility that I could be a P. I cannot function without to do lists, very uptight on how specific I want thing and never try anything new without writing down an entire plan including sub-plans in case things went wrong.

I will read about the ISFP type, maybe I will identify with it. I never got it as a test result before that's for sure.

Thank you so much for trying to type me! its very exciting

Daisyness

This might sound like a random question, but how did "Gilmore Girls" change your life? Which character do you identify with?

I would love to explain it to you but I cannot even explain it to myself. Its not that my actual life changed of course, I meant the feelings the show gave me was something I never experienced before. It changed the way I view myself and the world around me, and gave a clearer view of what I want. I loved the characters, the humour, the relationships, the town and the connections everyone had with one another. but still, like I said, its the feeling it gave me that I loved the most .. of alomost belonging somewhere, of being home.

I identify with Lorelai most I guess.
about you? are you a fan of the show?

Do you have a guess of what type I might be?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would love to explain it to you but I cannot even explain it to myself. Its not that my actual life changed of course, I meant the feelings the show gave me was something I never experienced before. It changed the way I view myself and the world around me, and gave a clearer view of what I want. I loved the characters, the humour, the relationships, the town and the connections everyone had with one another. but still, like I said, its the feeling it gave me that I loved the most .. of alomost belonging somewhere, of being home.

I watched the show for a little while - enough to know the characters. I do think that Lorelai is probably an ESFP. Yeah, you might be an ISFP. I'd say that Rory is the I--J, and I actually wondered if she was an INTJ.

(I know right now I'm typed as one, but I'm a bit atypical from the definitions)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I only heard the show while traveling with a friend who would watch it while getting ready in the hotel room...
I don't know much about it.... so my typings could be wrong...and it's a faulty way to type someone...but...

The daughter character struck me as IxFJ, possibly ISFJ.
The mom character stuck me as ExFx, but leaned towards an EnFJ because she seemed to experience status quo as restrictive yet feel compelled to please people and beating herself up when she didn't meet expectations. I thought the mom was an enneagram 2 as well, which is usually ExFJ but sometimes ExFP. IMO ESFPs just don't give a shit because it doesn't even enter awareness. The mom does care what people think but doesn't want to....this creates inner conflict for her.

The show overall seemed very Extroverted Feeling to me and everyone I know who loves it is an FJ. So maybe ISFJ is a better fit for you if you really relate to that mentality. The way you describe it and reasons you like it strike me as Extroverted Feeling as well.

But I could be wrong because ISFPs apparently value community as ISFJs and INFJs do, according to MBTI stats. They are the only IxxP types who don't value autonomy most highly. INTJs also highly value independence but not community. I think we can rule out INTJ and probably ISTJ too. INFJ seems unlikely to me because of the sensing preference evident in your first post.

So maybe we are back to ISFJ or ISFP, but my personal impression is ISFPs often do value independence more than ISFJs and value community less than they do, even if they highly value it. Like most IxFPs, their behavior indicates they value intimate connection more than being a part of a wider social fabric. Like ESFPs, ISFPs don't seem to care about social protocol out of obliviousness, so they don't experience the kind of conflict FJs may experience when they choose to balk at it.