• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

All the cool kids are doing it...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
...drugs. They're all doing drugs.

Kidding. They're actually all just posting "type me" threads.

Since I have a newfound understanding of enneagram, along with a healthy skepticism of Fauvre's theory of tritype, I thought I would approach typing from a different angle. One where I actually answer some flippin' questions about myself. I am not sure that input is going to sway me much in any direction, and I'm particularly interested in hearing alternate theories of enneagram or at least insight from those who have researched it in depth.

I have done my best to answer these questions freely and naturally without even thinking about typology, so without further ado, I present you with some Q&A for your typing consideration.

ENNEAGRAM TRITYPE QUESTIONNAIRE

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Meaning. Passion. Expression. Raw authenticity. Universal truth. Rejecting the standard American dream. Manifesting my own dreams. Questioning norms. Always looking for the answers to "why" and "how."

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I want a life of beauty and experience. I don't want to be chained to the daily grind. I don't want to struggle financially, but I also don't care for a life of luxury. I want to live a simple life with a lover whom I connect with on a spiritual level. I want the freedom to be able to travel regularly and I want a home that feels like a sanctuary. I want a peaceful and inspiring life which encourages a balanced mind, body, and spirit. I also want to be my own boss and envision myself being a successful yet humble entrepreneur (like the owner of a little natural living store or quaint bookstore/coffee shop or maybe an edgy art/home decor shop).

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I don't want to struggle my whole life and be weighed down by stress. Coping with stress exhausts an extreme amount of my energy and I prefer a life of relaxation. I don't want to waste my life working for other people in jobs I find meaningless or stressful. The values I hold most dear to me are honesty and authenticity. Ultimately, those are the only things that matter about character.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I fear never figuring out who I am or what I am supposed to do. I have had many ideas over the years of what I should be doing, and I have struggled to pull the trigger and follow through because very few careers speak to me on the level I seek, and I also fear that I may not be able to cope with the stress and demands of chasing my dreams. I hold impossibly high expectations of myself and strive for near perfection in all of my endeavors. When I am trapped in a place that doesn't fulfill my desires, I become very complacent and tend to lean toward doing the bare minimum to get by. I lose my competitive nature and just don't care. This is where I have been stuck professionally for several years now, and I don't like who I have become as a result. I want to break free of this and find myself and my true calling and fear I won't have the resources/opportunities/ability to do so.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
As difficult as it is for me to admit it sometimes, I want to be liked and admired. I want people to view me as smart and funny. I don't care if people are offended by me because I feel that my "tribe" would easily be able to recognize me as one of them and that we would be compelled toward one another naturally. I see myself as smart and funny but am prone to feelings of inferiority and am very critical of myself, especially when depressed which has been a significant issue for me over the past 3 years. I see myself as raw and real, whether it's liked or not. I see myself as a truth speaker and someone who easily reads between the lines. I have an inherent understanding of human nature in all of its shades and am remarkably accepting and forgiving as a result.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
It's been a long time since I have consistently "felt my best," so I struggle to remember what that's even like or how I got there. I guess I am at my best when I can emotionally cope with the stresses of life without letting it weigh me down or make me moody. That is something I have only recently became aware of in myself. I used to do a lot of blame shifting and used to be a rather angry person at times, and I now realize it was because I was detached from my own shame and ability to take blame, and also largely repressed emotionally and creatively.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) Anger controls me, I don't control it.
b) I have learned better coping mechanisms and try to be more revealing these days so that I can work through things, but I used to deny my shame which would often present as anger, which only resulted in increasing my subconscious shame. Rinse and repeat.
c) Anxiety isn't a baseline for me but under periods of high stress, it can weigh me down quite a bit. In the past, I have hyper-focused on my health (I do have some significant health problems) which resulted in a state of hypochondria and psychosomatic symptom exaggeration which I would cope with by extensively researching symptoms and diseases and human biology. I also have a tendency to self-medicate. When stressed and anxious, I tend to reach out more for comfort and validation, and oftentimes people close to me are able to snap me out of my thought loops and help me ground myself.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) Not well, lol. Stress exhausts me mentally, physically, and especially emotionally. I can become moody, irritable, or depressed rather easily these days. My default reaction to stress is often crying which ends up embarrassing me.
b) It's definitely not my favorite thing. Good news can be fun, of course, but I hate when things spring up because it feels like my life has been a series of unexpected changes, especially over the last 3 years. I used to be much more resilient.
c) Conflict isn't the end of the world. I feel that most conflicts can be solved with honesty and communication. I don't avoid conflict, but if someone in my life is a constant stream of conflict, then I am likely to cut them out completely. I expect a reasonable amount of communication from those in my life.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) I can respect authority to some extent but authority can't be granted just because of belonging to a group. Respect is earned, not guaranteed. I tend to view people as equals and judge them based on their character, so naturally a person of authority who displays certain traits is not going to earn my respect. I don't have a chip on my shoulder regarding authority, but I will call out shit as I see fit. It usually takes repeated offenses or a clear pattern for me to get to that point, unless it's just blatant abuse of authority which I have no problem calling out immediately.
b) Power is the root of all evil. We should all seek power over ourselves and strive for just treatment of humanity.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
My outlook is unique to me, that is the meaning of life; to find our own intrinsic truths and inspirations. Humanity, like all else, is a spectrum rich with colors and shades hardly imaginable.

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
Oh jesus. My life has not been smooth by any means and I have responded to situations differently depending on my mental and emotional state at the time.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I consider myself a pretty trustworthy individual, and grant the same to those in my life as well. I can usually sense when someone isn't trustworthy, so I don't spend much time thinking about it. If someone breaks my trust, I would probably discuss it with them and depending on the offense, consider cutting them out of my life.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a) I'd pretty much be repeating myself. I am a pretty honest and straightforward individual. I am rather multi-faceted, which can be a good and a bad thing.
b) Sometimes I am vain or jump to judgy conclusions, which is odd because I can also be quite accepting. I guess I don't like the seemingly contradictory parts of my personality because I find it confusing and wonder who I am and how these things define me. I hate that I am temperamental and wish I didn't get so irritated at times. It's all too easy for me to fall into feelings of shame and inadequacy.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
I see through most people. I can sense when others are lying to me or even to themselves. I can read between the lines very well, which gives me a knack for determining other's motives, but my passion is figuring out why people are the way they are. I do this very quietly and do it to everyone around me.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
When would a stranger insult me? That doesn't even make sense. I'd probably laugh or flip them off or both. If they compliment me, it depends on who they are and what the compliment is. If it's a genuine compliment, I would probably smile and say "thanks." If it's some asshole eye-fucking me, I'm going to be a bitch.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
a) I am not always that great at being thankful for what I have, it is something I am consciously working on. I guess I am thankful that I have made it this far and I appreciate the people in my life who helped carry me when I felt I couldn't walk another step.
b) I wish I could be as grounded and resilient and motivated as other people. It seems like others have it together more than I do lately, which logically I know isn't necessarily true and serves as a self-defeating view on life.

INSTINCTUAL STACKING

Self-Preservation (Need to protect and preserve)

1. Do you tend to save money and are cautious about spending it?
Yes. I try my damnedest to not go below a certain arbitrary line in my checking and savings accounts. I don't like having to dip into savings or utilizing credit.
2. Are you security oriented? Ready to protect yourself, those close to you and your resources?
I am more protective of those around me than I am of my resources, but I guess I still value my resources. I don't mentally fret over security in a safety sense.
3. Are you fairly consistent? Like things known and regular? No big changes?
Yes, I like to follow a routine and love spending time at home. I like to be able to anticipate big changes. Small surprises can be refreshing if I am not exhausted and I do sometimes crave novelty.
4. Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing?
Yes.
5. Are you fairly private? Not revealing too much to strangers?
I am pretty aloof and detached with strangers. I simply don't care enough. I am pretty open with those who know me though and am prone to being a personality exhibitionist on social media, more so than irl.
6. Do you tend to be introverted?
Absolutely.
7. Do you understand money? Securities? Investments?
I lack the focus and interest to learn more about things like stocks and bonds and retirement funds. It is definitely in the back of my mind though and I wish I knew more and would have started young.
8. Do you tend to plan for the future? Ready for emergencies?
I always keep an emergency savings and treat my money like a valuable resource.
9. Are you concerned about health? Safety? Comfort? Home? Hearth?
I am very concerned about health but am not necessarily good at taking care of myself consistently. I don't eat a ton of junk food but I also don't eat enough fruits and vegetables, and I struggle to stick to a fitness regimen. I spend next to no time thinking about safety, and if I do the thought is fleeting. I think about and envision a comfortable home and hearth often and love to express myself through decor.
10. Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios?
Not unless I am stressed. My mind doesn't necessarily jump to worst case scenarios. I do have a history of doing this regarding my health though, and can do so in general when things seem shittier than normal.
11. Do you like things spelled out? Details? Exact information? Guarantees?
Yes, lol.
12. In relationships do you take care of others financially?
I firmly believe in a 50/50 split or at least 2 partners willing to contribute to the best of their respective abilities.

Social (Need for Social Validation) - Can show up with strong focus on groups, organizations, family, world, friends, your surroundings, your social image

1. Do you need or really like social validation?
I want to be liked by those I like. If I don't like you, I couldn't care less what you think about me. I think that wanting to be liked and seeking status are two completely different scenarios and I don't relate to the latter much.
2. Is social image important to you?
Well, I want to be viewed as desirable and attractive and having a good sense of fashion, and I want to be seen as smart, funny, and competent, but I don't want any sort of fame or notoriety.
3. Do you have desires/fantasies of being rewarded in a social or public arena?
No. That would likely make me somewhat uncomfortable. I would maybe want to graduate top of my class if I went back to school though.
4. Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world?
I tend to do this more after the fact. Like, I might make a faux pas or offend someone, but I think about it after and think "well shit, I guess I shouldn't have said that." I tend to laugh it off or not care at all more than I tend to care. I do want to help people and find my place in the world, but more as a capable equal than a star of any sort.
5. Is it very important to you to look good in public, groups, work, and the world? Is name recognition important, either yours or others?
If you mean look good aesthetically, then yes. As for name recognition; no.
6. Are you upset if you don't get enough validation, reward for the hard and creative work you do in a social context or for a social cause?
Not really. I think social work should be done for the greater good and not for notoriety. When I make donations to causes, I do so anonymously for this reason. If I had a goal in mind, like starting a business, I might care more about networking, but it wouldn't be for notoriety, it would be for resources.
7. Are you involved in groups, organizations and team oriented activities?
No. The forum is the only "group" I belong to. I wouldn't be opposed to it if it was a cause I found worthy and I had the time and energy to donate.
8. Is belonging to special groups or being a leader of a group important to you?
No. I do want to be the leader of myself though and own a business and have some connections, but the thought of dinner parties and such is quite a turn off to me.
9. Are you strongly upset if you feel not included or rejected by a group or family or not invited to a social event?
It depends on how much I like the people involved. I might be hurt and wonder if they don't like me or why they don't like me.
10. Do you make your money through your association with groups affecting a large number of people?
No.
11. Do you get really upset if you make a social faux pas? Do you think about and plan out how you will be or present yourself in public?
I might think about it after the fact, but it's not going to keep me up at night. I generally laugh things off or just don't care much.
12. Are you the social instigator and connector in your family?
Eh, no. I am not very good at keeping in touch with people overall.

Relationship (Need for 1 to 1 or Relationship Closeness)

1. Do you define yourself through a romantic or close partnership? Is closeness with another person of paramount importance?
Yes, it's my primary motivator; to enjoy an intimately shared life.
2. Do you like intense energy, particularly in relating to people? Are you energized when you have a revealing conversation or engagement with another, particularly a special other?
Yes, but it is hard to come by.
3. Do you tend to focus more attention on close relationships than money?
Yes.
4. Does money relate to how a partner will see you more than security for yourself?
No, if a partner likes me more for my money, than they aren't the one for me.
5. Are money and resources less for self and more to please an intimate other?
No, money and resources are for me and our shared life together.
6. Does your attention go more to how well you relate to a partner or potential partner than to other concerns?
Oh absolutely, and I find it hard to be satisfied in this arena. I often cycle between total satisfaction and feeling unfulfilled.
7. Would others describe you as dramatic? Do you like to go deep with things?
Lol, probably, yes.
8. Do you tend to be in the moment and not think as much about the future or your future security?
I love when a moment is strong enough to pull me into it. I like to be oblivious to the outside world, but unfortunately that is not attainable as a constant state.
9. Do you have an urge to merge? Do you "lose yourself" with an important other at times?
Yes, and I also fear losing myself to this at times, which can give me a rather hot and cold presence that I am painfully aware of these days.
10. Do you like risk taking? New experiences? Tend to get bored without enough stimulation particularly in the area of relationships?
Yes and no. I generally like routine, but I do get cagey and need to escape it all here and there. It usually doesn't take much novelty to satisfy me though. At the same time, I crave occasional grand escapes. I would like to be able to go on one or two travel excursions a year and leave everything behind for awhile.
11. Are you focused more on connection with another and forget your own priorities?
Oh boy, that's a tough one. I do have a history of becoming enmeshed in relationships, and ever since becoming aware of that, I have these moments where I want to run away and retain my autonomy. It's not easy to live with.
12. Do you focus a lot on sexuality, romantic fantasies or mystical spiritual experiences?
Yes, more so than anything else.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oof, you are one beautifully complex human being. I'm honored to have gotten to know you. :wubbie:
I had thought I was seeing 4w5 at first, but 4w3 actually seems a lot more likely than I have realized. I refuse to type you as 3w4, since that would have pushed you out to network and do all the other things to reach a level of success and you're more mellow in that department. Not lazy, just more mellow and calmer about it, which is good.. the right opportunities will grace your footstep when you are ready for it, after all.

I could see 416 Sx/So for you, 4w3-1w2-6w5. Your 4 is intensely individualist, though the w3 has softened you enough to want to reach for a certain aesthetic in your life, to appear a certain way to others, to be an artist of everything you see and touch. You have a lot of shame and perfectionism in you, though the w2 doesn't forget about other people, and you love to take care of them in return. 6w5 since I do see a lot of security seeking attributes to you, and you also love to immerse yourself into the world of logic from time to time thanks to w5.

I might be wrong, but that's what I see from you. Thanks for the tag!

416: PHILOSOPHER / INDIVIDUALIST
3.7‰ of humanity, of whom 99% are feminine and 1% are masculine.

Morally focused, you have strong emotions and are inclined to voice your feelings and intuitions. You care deeply and want to help others improve their lives and the expectations they have of themselves.

SUGGESTED DRAMATICA ROLES:

Desire
Possibility
Nonacceptance
Equity
Help
Conscience
Unproven
Uncontrolled

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Thank you for your insight [MENTION=26674]Nørrsken[/MENTION]. I'm going to hold off on commenting because I want to see what others have to say and I don't want to persuade any other opinions.

Also, you're the sweetest.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
...drugs. They're all doing drugs.

Kidding. They're actually all just posting "type me" threads.

Since I have a newfound understanding of enneagram, along with a healthy skepticism of Fauvre's theory of tritype, I thought I would approach typing from a different angle. One where I actually answer some flippin' questions about myself. I am not sure that input is going to sway me much in any direction, and I'm particularly interested in hearing alternate theories of enneagram or at least insight from those who have researched it in depth.

I have done my best to answer these questions freely and naturally without even thinking about typology, so without further ado, I present you with some Q&A for your typing consideration.

ENNEAGRAM TRITYPE QUESTIONNAIRE

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Meaning. Passion. Expression. Raw authenticity. Universal truth. Rejecting the standard American dream. Manifesting my own dreams. Questioning norms. Always looking for the answers to "why" and "how."

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I want a life of beauty and experience. I don't want to be chained to the daily grind. I don't want to struggle financially, but I also don't care for a life of luxury. I want to live a simple life with a lover whom I connect with on a spiritual level. I want the freedom to be able to travel regularly and I want a home that feels like a sanctuary. I want a peaceful and inspiring life which encourages a balanced mind, body, and spirit. I also want to be my own boss and envision myself being a successful yet humble entrepreneur (like the owner of a little natural living store or quaint bookstore/coffee shop or maybe an edgy art/home decor shop).

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I don't want to struggle my whole life and be weighed down by stress. Coping with stress exhausts an extreme amount of my energy and I prefer a life of relaxation. I don't want to waste my life working for other people in jobs I find meaningless or stressful. The values I hold most dear to me are honesty and authenticity. Ultimately, those are the only things that matter about character.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I fear never figuring out who I am or what I am supposed to do. I have had many ideas over the years of what I should be doing, and I have struggled to pull the trigger and follow through because very few careers speak to me on the level I seek, and I also fear that I may not be able to cope with the stress and demands of chasing my dreams. I hold impossibly high expectations of myself and strive for near perfection in all of my endeavors. When I am trapped in a place that doesn't fulfill my desires, I become very complacent and tend to lean toward doing the bare minimum to get by. I lose my competitive nature and just don't care. This is where I have been stuck professionally for several years now, and I don't like who I have become as a result. I want to break free of this and find myself and my true calling and fear I won't have the resources/opportunities/ability to do so.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
As difficult as it is for me to admit it sometimes, I want to be liked and admired. I want people to view me as smart and funny. I don't care if people are offended by me because I feel that my "tribe" would easily be able to recognize me as one of them and that we would be compelled toward one another naturally. I see myself as smart and funny but am prone to feelings of inferiority and am very critical of myself, especially when depressed which has been a significant issue for me over the past 3 years. I see myself as raw and real, whether it's liked or not. I see myself as a truth speaker and someone who easily reads between the lines. I have an inherent understanding of human nature in all of its shades and am remarkably accepting and forgiving as a result.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
It's been a long time since I have consistently "felt my best," so I struggle to remember what that's even like or how I got there. I guess I am at my best when I can emotionally cope with the stresses of life without letting it weigh me down or make me moody. That is something I have only recently became aware of in myself. I used to do a lot of blame shifting and used to be a rather angry person at times, and I now realize it was because I was detached from my own shame and ability to take blame, and also largely repressed emotionally and creatively.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) Anger controls me, I don't control it.
b) I have learned better coping mechanisms and try to be more revealing these days so that I can work through things, but I used to deny my shame which would often present as anger, which only resulted in increasing my subconscious shame. Rinse and repeat.
c) Anxiety isn't a baseline for me but under periods of high stress, it can weigh me down quite a bit. In the past, I have hyper-focused on my health (I do have some significant health problems) which resulted in a state of hypochondria and psychosomatic symptom exaggeration which I would cope with by extensively researching symptoms and diseases and human biology. I also have a tendency to self-medicate. When stressed and anxious, I tend to reach out more for comfort and validation, and oftentimes people close to me are able to snap me out of my thought loops and help me ground myself.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) Not well, lol. Stress exhausts me mentally, physically, and especially emotionally. I can become moody, irritable, or depressed rather easily these days. My default reaction to stress is often crying which ends up embarrassing me.
b) It's definitely not my favorite thing. Good news can be fun, of course, but I hate when things spring up because it feels like my life has been a series of unexpected changes, especially over the last 3 years. I used to be much more resilient.
c) Conflict isn't the end of the world. I feel that most conflicts can be solved with honesty and communication. I don't avoid conflict, but if someone in my life is a constant stream of conflict, then I am likely to cut them out completely. I expect a reasonable amount of communication from those in my life.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) I can respect authority to some extent but authority can't be granted just because of belonging to a group. Respect is earned, not guaranteed. I tend to view people as equals and judge them based on their character, so naturally a person of authority who displays certain traits is not going to earn my respect. I don't have a chip on my shoulder regarding authority, but I will call out shit as I see fit. It usually takes repeated offenses or a clear pattern for me to get to that point, unless it's just blatant abuse of authority which I have no problem calling out immediately.
b) Power is the root of all evil. We should all seek power over ourselves and strive for just treatment of humanity.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
My outlook is unique to me, that is the meaning of life; to find our own intrinsic truths and inspirations. Humanity, like all else, is a spectrum rich with colors and shades hardly imaginable.

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
Oh jesus. My life has not been smooth by any means and I have responded to situations differently depending on my mental and emotional state at the time.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I consider myself a pretty trustworthy individual, and grant the same to those in my life as well. I can usually sense when someone isn't trustworthy, so I don't spend much time thinking about it. If someone breaks my trust, I would probably discuss it with them and depending on the offense, consider cutting them out of my life.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a) I'd pretty much be repeating myself. I am a pretty honest and straightforward individual. I am rather multi-faceted, which can be a good and a bad thing.
b) Sometimes I am vain or jump to judgy conclusions, which is odd because I can also be quite accepting. I guess I don't like the seemingly contradictory parts of my personality because I find it confusing and wonder who I am and how these things define me. I hate that I am temperamental and wish I didn't get so irritated at times. It's all too easy for me to fall into feelings of shame and inadequacy.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
I see through most people. I can sense when others are lying to me or even to themselves. I can read between the lines very well, which gives me a knack for determining other's motives, but my passion is figuring out why people are the way they are. I do this very quietly and do it to everyone around me.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
When would a stranger insult me? That doesn't even make sense. I'd probably laugh or flip them off or both. If they compliment me, it depends on who they are and what the compliment is. If it's a genuine compliment, I would probably smile and say "thanks." If it's some asshole eye-fucking me, I'm going to be a bitch.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
a) I am not always that great at being thankful for what I have, it is something I am consciously working on. I guess I am thankful that I have made it this far and I appreciate the people in my life who helped carry me when I felt I couldn't walk another step.
b) I wish I could be as grounded and resilient and motivated as other people. It seems like others have it together more than I do lately, which logically I know isn't necessarily true and serves as a self-defeating view on life.

INSTINCTUAL STACKING

Self-Preservation (Need to protect and preserve)

1. Do you tend to save money and are cautious about spending it?
Yes. I try my damnedest to not go below a certain arbitrary line in my checking and savings accounts. I don't like having to dip into savings or utilizing credit.
2. Are you security oriented? Ready to protect yourself, those close to you and your resources?
I am more protective of those around me than I am of my resources, but I guess I still value my resources. I don't mentally fret over security in a safety sense.
3. Are you fairly consistent? Like things known and regular? No big changes?
Yes, I like to follow a routine and love spending time at home. I like to be able to anticipate big changes. Small surprises can be refreshing if I am not exhausted and I do sometimes crave novelty.
4. Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing?
Yes.
5. Are you fairly private? Not revealing too much to strangers?
I am pretty aloof and detached with strangers. I simply don't care enough. I am pretty open with those who know me though and am prone to being a personality exhibitionist on social media, more so than irl.
6. Do you tend to be introverted?
Absolutely.
7. Do you understand money? Securities? Investments?
I lack the focus and interest to learn more about things like stocks and bonds and retirement funds. It is definitely in the back of my mind though and I wish I knew more and would have started young.
8. Do you tend to plan for the future? Ready for emergencies?
I always keep an emergency savings and treat my money like a valuable resource.
9. Are you concerned about health? Safety? Comfort? Home? Hearth?
I am very concerned about health but am not necessarily good at taking care of myself consistently. I don't eat a ton of junk food but I also don't eat enough fruits and vegetables, and I struggle to stick to a fitness regimen. I spend next to no time thinking about safety, and if I do the thought is fleeting. I think about and envision a comfortable home and hearth often and love to express myself through decor.
10. Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios?
Not unless I am stressed. My mind doesn't necessarily jump to worst case scenarios. I do have a history of doing this regarding my health though, and can do so in general when things seem shittier than normal.
11. Do you like things spelled out? Details? Exact information? Guarantees?
Yes, lol.
12. In relationships do you take care of others financially?
I firmly believe in a 50/50 split or at least 2 partners willing to contribute to the best of their respective abilities.

Social (Need for Social Validation) - Can show up with strong focus on groups, organizations, family, world, friends, your surroundings, your social image

1. Do you need or really like social validation?
I want to be liked by those I like. If I don't like you, I couldn't care less what you think about me. I think that wanting to be liked and seeking status are two completely different scenarios and I don't relate to the latter much.
2. Is social image important to you?
Well, I want to be viewed as desirable and attractive and having a good sense of fashion, and I want to be seen as smart, funny, and competent, but I don't want any sort of fame or notoriety.
3. Do you have desires/fantasies of being rewarded in a social or public arena?
No. That would likely make me somewhat uncomfortable. I would maybe want to graduate top of my class if I went back to school though.
4. Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world?
I tend to do this more after the fact. Like, I might make a faux pas or offend someone, but I think about it after and think "well shit, I guess I shouldn't have said that." I tend to laugh it off or not care at all more than I tend to care. I do want to help people and find my place in the world, but more as a capable equal than a star of any sort.
5. Is it very important to you to look good in public, groups, work, and the world? Is name recognition important, either yours or others?
If you mean look good aesthetically, then yes. As for name recognition; no.
6. Are you upset if you don't get enough validation, reward for the hard and creative work you do in a social context or for a social cause?
Not really. I think social work should be done for the greater good and not for notoriety. When I make donations to causes, I do so anonymously for this reason. If I had a goal in mind, like starting a business, I might care more about networking, but it wouldn't be for notoriety, it would be for resources.
7. Are you involved in groups, organizations and team oriented activities?
No. The forum is the only "group" I belong to. I wouldn't be opposed to it if it was a cause I found worthy and I had the time and energy to donate.
8. Is belonging to special groups or being a leader of a group important to you?
No. I do want to be the leader of myself though and own a business and have some connections, but the thought of dinner parties and such is quite a turn off to me.
9. Are you strongly upset if you feel not included or rejected by a group or family or not invited to a social event?
It depends on how much I like the people involved. I might be hurt and wonder if they don't like me or why they don't like me.
10. Do you make your money through your association with groups affecting a large number of people?
No.
11. Do you get really upset if you make a social faux pas? Do you think about and plan out how you will be or present yourself in public?
I might think about it after the fact, but it's not going to keep me up at night. I generally laugh things off or just don't care much.
12. Are you the social instigator and connector in your family?
Eh, no. I am not very good at keeping in touch with people overall.

Relationship (Need for 1 to 1 or Relationship Closeness)

1. Do you define yourself through a romantic or close partnership? Is closeness with another person of paramount importance?
Yes, it's my primary motivator; to enjoy an intimately shared life.
2. Do you like intense energy, particularly in relating to people? Are you energized when you have a revealing conversation or engagement with another, particularly a special other?
Yes, but it is hard to come by.
3. Do you tend to focus more attention on close relationships than money?
Yes.
4. Does money relate to how a partner will see you more than security for yourself?
No, if a partner likes me more for my money, than they aren't the one for me.
5. Are money and resources less for self and more to please an intimate other?
No, money and resources are for me and our shared life together.
6. Does your attention go more to how well you relate to a partner or potential partner than to other concerns?
Oh absolutely, and I find it hard to be satisfied in this arena. I often cycle between total satisfaction and feeling unfulfilled.
7. Would others describe you as dramatic? Do you like to go deep with things?
Lol, probably, yes.
8. Do you tend to be in the moment and not think as much about the future or your future security?
I love when a moment is strong enough to pull me into it. I like to be oblivious to the outside world, but unfortunately that is not attainable as a constant state.
9. Do you have an urge to merge? Do you "lose yourself" with an important other at times?
Yes, and I also fear losing myself to this at times, which can give me a rather hot and cold presence that I am painfully aware of these days.
10. Do you like risk taking? New experiences? Tend to get bored without enough stimulation particularly in the area of relationships?
Yes and no. I generally like routine, but I do get cagey and need to escape it all here and there. It usually doesn't take much novelty to satisfy me though. At the same time, I crave occasional grand escapes. I would like to be able to go on one or two travel excursions a year and leave everything behind for awhile.
11. Are you focused more on connection with another and forget your own priorities?
Oh boy, that's a tough one. I do have a history of becoming enmeshed in relationships, and ever since becoming aware of that, I have these moments where I want to run away and retain my autonomy. It's not easy to live with.
12. Do you focus a lot on sexuality, romantic fantasies or mystical spiritual experiences?
Yes, more so than anything else.

Ur beautiful, thank you for tagging me, my brain glazed over reading a few of your responses, because some of your responses (the way you want to live, struggling to find yourself), I relate to that a lot and for some reason my brain tunes out the rest?

I'm jumping on [MENTION=26674]Nørrsken[/MENTION]'s response and saying 4w3. 4w5 is so common for INFJ, but it's not the only type.

I'm sorry if my reply is lazy, but generally/genuinely, the enneagram really goes over my head. I think you're a really awesome person and thank you for tagging me. :wubbie:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am seeing a clear pattern with you in terms of typing. I think you are a attachment 4 i.e 469/496. You start of with the frustration outlookish 4 which is like "I NEED TO FIND MY IDENITY" then your 6 and 9 fixes come along and make you seek outwards for this identity which in many ways makes you look 3w4ish at times but it is far more about substance than the style like it would be with a 3w4. Your 4 then rebounds and rejects what ever has been placed on you from your 6 and 9 fixes attaching to the 4 ideal you are seeking which makes you very ping pong in terms of your behaviour and attitudes. I know yuu dont consider yourself a 9 but it does make so much sense when one looks at it. One is the fact you have common doubts over your identity due to 9 seeking a external object to attach to and a postive outlook in your tritype somewhere which is defo not a 2 or 7 fix (A 164 would be far more firm and less outward seeking for information and conclusions). . . As for wings hmm 4w3 6w5 9w1. In other words you are a godo example of a seeker tritype.

Now your stacking is another topic of debate. I am firmly in the Sx/So camp for you. You have this intense Sx energy which is super serious (Your Sx practically wants to eat people alive ;) and its not the soft playful Sx of a So/Sx but the serious and angsty Sx of a Sx dom and I do see some So from you in that you seek a community around you to help keep the Sx energy going into you so to speak plus you are playful with So using it as a tool in many regards).

4w3 6w5 9w1 Sx/So ( I am 99% confident in this typing for you).

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll take the time to actually read this later, but the impression you give me in discord is 6w7. Doubting, friendly buddy type and scattered. With 9w1 and 4 fix. And so/sx. NOT contraflow, not intense, very focused on groups and participate in the community here a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg I thought this was Frosty. I TAKE IT BACK.

46x sx/sp. Gut impressions change from time to time, but more in the 1 and 9 area than 8.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'll take the time to actually read this later, but the impression you give me in discord is 6w7. Doubting, friendly buddy type and scattered. With 9w1 and 4 fix. And so/sx. NOT contraflow, not intense, very focused on groups and participate in the community here a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg I thought this was Frosty. I TAKE IT BACK.

46x sx/sp. Gut impressions change from time to time, but more in the 1 and 9 area than 8.

Lol

Did you read it yet though?

Still laughing about this.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Anyone else care to contribute? I'd love to get some responses from people who may not know that well, based on what I have provided. I am doing a bit of an experiment regarding how others see me.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Enneagram 4 is a nice type for you. Somehow, I see you as social last, as a core 4.. but I need to think about that more.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
So it looks like everyone is unanimous on core 4 at this point, and we have a couple votes for Sx/So, and a vote or two for Sx/Sp. Most agree that my head type is 6, and gut type varies but 8 hasn't been suggested yet.

*makes tallies on imaginary survey*

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I see social first (for a 4) to be: "Look at sheepish mentality that everyone else has... I am so above everyone else".

I don't totally understand how social first manifests in a 4, but it seems that the main issue is that the don't recognize other people's sense of individuality and just lumps everyone into a ball called society. Social 4s seem to critique the world around them as a way to assert their individuality. While you do state that you reject norms, your way of being a 4 is more ...SPish to me.

mmm you're head type does not seem to be a 7. I'd say it's more of a 5 or 6 ...I'd say 6w5 works for you. As for your gut type... it's good to have to keep in mind that 4s already have a connection to 1 ...so it's very easy to say that 1 is your gut type because you're a perfectionist. But your ability to be understanding of human nature suggests 9. There are some 4s who really have a stronger connection to 1. These 4s are super critical of others mistakes/faults. I know a 4 who explodes when her roommate forgets their keys 3 times too many or when her other roommate is clumsy/ditzy and even when people don't do as well as her in school. She told me that, as a kid, she would be super frustrated with her classmates because didn't do as well as they should (didn't study hard, didn't understand things as well has her, goofed off too much ...whatever. Critique after critique after critique ...like, she is the only one who knows anything AT ALL and everyone else is just ...wrong).

It's possible that you are just as critical of others ...but this wasn't captured in your Original Post. Then in that case... maybe a 1-fix lol.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
4sx

...Honestly, I'm real bad at this typing thing, and yeah. I looked up fixes and all that but i dont got it. From a very shallow pov you have that 4 thingy where youre like... ready to forge your own path to be who you are and that's gr8
...hmmm sx seems obvious i guess, that intense connectivity.