• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ennea type me (again)

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I know I've done this before, but would like to try again. Something feels off about 3w4, or at least I'd like some confirmation from the forum that I am really on the right track with 3w4. I don't know. I realate to several types. So I'll take this questionnaire, and tag me friend list, but anyone can respond or not, blah blah blah.:)

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is an notion we attach to things which evoke a sense of wonder or mystery in us. I do believe there is a general form of beauty, as Plato described it, but it's also something we experience by looking at specific objects. Like love, beauty is ultimately hard to define - it must be experienced. I couldn't explain either concept to a person who has not experienced them.

2. What are your most important values?

Authenticity, being one's self and being true to one's self, depth of feeling and thought, freedom.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I consider that I am on what they call the Left-Hand path of spirituality. This is the path of individuality and individual sovereignty in the spiritual sense, as opposed to Right-Hand path, which has a clear set of rules and values obedience to those rules. I am far from advanced on my path. In fact I am only a neopythe, to borrow a term from traditional occult structures. I've tried being Christian, for some brief periods of my life, but I felt that religion doesn't really help me cultivate the good aspects of my personality. I also called myself an athiest/nontheist, and while that gives you somehwat mroe freedom than Christianity, I find, since you don't have to obey a bunch of rules (the 'why's of whose existence I never understood) it doesn't really value cultivating any aspect of yourself either. Athiesm isn't a religion or a path,
it is a denial of anything of that sort. Really, I am on the LHP because it leaves me freedom while helping me develop good aspects of myself, it helps me become a better person, a more accomplished person with a view of the future, not just the present.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

War can be a necessity, but it is never pleasant. Military force is a necessity to any earthly power. The best is to avoid war alotogether, but have a strong military just in case. The problem is, that if you have military and don't excercise it, your military grows weak. War is basically ineviatble, at some point at least. Fortunately in today's world, we do have diplomacy and diplomatic organizations to minimize war.

Interests

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I've had long convos about lots of stuff, often politics, public policy, my path and others' paths, etc. Generally I've had longer conversations about more 'serious' stuff, espeically the ones I remember.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Health is like the main discussion topic in my family, but I don't like to discuss it. I find it boring, unless it concerns me directly. Most of the time I am focused in my mind, not in my body, still I can focus my attention on my body if I'm performing some kind of physical task, which happens quiet a bit.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

I can sometimes procrastinate and neglect daily chores, because just like anyone else they don't fill me with passion, but I think showing mastery over daily chores is nontheless important. A person who masters daily activities has a good mastery of their life, in my opinion, though obviously this is not a solid rule and its not the only thing necessary to master one's life, but it is a good sign one is mastering one's life.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

I'm a fan a anything that stimulates my imagination, especially dark stuff. I like Kubrick's movies, Lovecraft, C.A. Smith, the classics such as Dracula and Frankensein, Baudelaire, Rimbaud. I also like to read philosophy, psychology, archeology, in terms of non-fiction. Books on Magic and Initiation can be good too, but alot of useful stuff pertaining to Magic is found in the categories mentioned above, and one needs a good grounding in these thigns rather than just pick up books that look cool like an 'occultnik' would.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

I am generally uncomfortable crying or showing too mcuh vulnerability in front of people, even ones I know well. It might have to do with being a man,
but I think there is something more to this, which is why I mention it.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

In nature, in the wildnerness, or the countryside. Paradoxally, I can also feel very alive in big, bustling, busy cities with alot of attractions.

Evaluation & Behaviour

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

People have told me I show defensiveness too quickly. I was once told that when someone asks me a question, I tend to counter with a question, in self-defense. Sometimes I get upset to easily, though I've learned to control that.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I think people like my sense of humor and genuinenness.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

Getting out more, meeting more people, relationships.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Sometimes, I feel like I can get really caught up in my thoughts and fantasies, and high on excitement. I tend to see this a negtaive, because I feel like I'm losing control over my capacity to make decisions, that I'm being ruled by emotions.

People & Interactions

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I can't stand fakeness, and I HATE gossip. Just keep me out of it. I don't like people who play games. Get real. I value sense of humor, genuineness,
down to earthness but also openness to the things I'm into, which might not be appealing to everyone.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I want simplicity, down to earthness, someone who is a bit compettive, but not overly so to the point that it gets draining. I like someone to keep me on my feet, but with whom I can relax as well.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I'm concerned with the way technology seems to be eating away at children's brains nowadays, and that humans can't adapt to the fast changes in lifetsyle that are being sold to us for economic reasons. Look at kids today, how many screens do they use? What will be next? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against technology, but more against the way many, myself included, tend to indulge in it.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Inwardly, I react very very strongly as I probably see this as a threat. I would probably think "I didn't know this aspect of them" and my mistrust would grow. Outwardly, I probably would argue, but calmly. I guess I'm not very tolerant...but that's only because I fear others' intolerance myself. If someone tells me its fine that we have different beliefs, my mistrust will go down greatly...

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I'm kind of an outsider, but it's more that people don't know I exist. At least, that's my impresion, it's not that theyw ant to exclude me, just that they don't really see me. I like people on the whole and I actually am optimistic about human nature in general. A prevalent social problem is peoples' tendency to get sucked up into poltical and social causes, not because they genuinely believe it, but because they have been made to believe it is important out of fear. Its easy to get brainwashed nowadays.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I choose people who get my sense of humor, not everyone does. I usually act goofy and like to have fun.

21. How do you behave around strangers?

I'm more reserved around strangers. I follow the norms of politeness and all that, which around my friends I tend not to do, unless I haven't seen them in long time.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4w5 core, not sure about the tritype.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
3w4 if only because imo we vibe kind of similar via posts alone. Reading your answers reinforces it in my mind. I'm told that I sometimes get on the defense, I hold back on the emotion and often want to stuff it down in service of following the head (though a lot of people do this too), I'm seen as quirky and pretty funny to those who "get it", genuine especially to those who "get it".

I transitioned from a weakness to social gatherings to being able to have some fun with them and learn from them, then to getting weary of faking it in those situations when I'm expected to, and then to be very selective because I find that I don't need to give a shit about the approval of people who have no impact on my life (but still want to be kind, but without sacrificing my sense of humor). I basically developed a "I'm too old for this shit" attitude somewhere down the line, it seems, even when age doesn't directly contribute to that feeling.

I also journeyed from feeling the need to help everyone to understanding that (a) people are responsible for themselves and (b) charity starts from home.

I find food and all to just be a pain in the ass fwiw, unless it's like a good meal rather than maintenance. Same with chores, but over time I've learned to tolerate some of those.

This isn't about talking about myself, really, but throwing out there a "does this sound familiar", you know?

8w9 with a strong-ish wing is another option. You seem more straightforward than me, which is one of the few differences between us that I see.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3w4 if only because imo we vibe kind of similar via posts alone. Reading your answers reinforces it in my mind. I'm told that I sometimes get on the defense, I hold back on the emotion and often want to stuff it down in service of following the head (though a lot of people do this too), I'm seen as quirky and pretty funny to those who "get it", genuine especially to those who "get it".

I transitioned from a weakness to social gatherings to being able to have some fun with them and learn from them, then to getting weary of faking it in those situations when I'm expected to, and then to be very selective because I find that I don't need to give a shit about the approval of people who have no impact on my life (but still want to be kind, but without sacrificing my sense of humor). I basically developed a "I'm too old for this shit" attitude somewhere down the line, it seems, even when age doesn't directly contribute to that feeling.

I also journeyed from feeling the need to help everyone to understanding that (a) people are responsible for themselves and (b) charity starts from home.

I find food and all to just be a pain in the ass fwiw, unless it's like a good meal rather than maintenance. Same with chores, but over time I've learned to tolerate some of those.

This isn't about talking about myself, really, but throwing out there a "does this sound familiar", you know?

8w9 with a strong-ish wing is another option. You seem more straightforward than me, which is one of the few differences between us that I see.

I aprreciate this kind of feedback. Thanks. I'll try to look at what you wrote, and see how much I relate to.

I relate to the first paragraph quiet well.

I experienced something similar with social gatherings, I was totally uninterested in them until my late teens, when I started actually going to them. I used to be a party animal back then. Then, in my early twenties I experienced isolation, and went to few gathering from then on, at first it was like saying "fuck you" to all the happy people who seemed like they were having more fun then me, but as I got older its more like "I'm too old, but I'm not mad at you. have your fun", even if I'm not technically too old to have fun (who is?). I guess I just got in the habit of not going out much in my 20s and never let go of the habit.

I never felt the urge the help everyone though, not sure I relate to that bit. I learned to be more open to helping others in gaining maturity.

I relate to finding physical needs and food mostly a chore, yes I've also learned to deal with chores with age. Not my favorite thing to do, but as long as I'm not spending my entire day on that, it's fine.

I tend to be rather straightforward/direct. Not in an "in your face" kind of manner, I don't always say what I think, but when I do, it's fairly honest.

What impression does that give you? 8w9 is interesting, in the past thread I made on this topic, both 3 and 8 were suggested.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not contesting this as it seems legit, but out of curiosity, I'm wondering what of what I wrote gives you this impression?

You seem very passionate about not wanting to go with the majority if it upsets your own set of internal values, though perhaps that may be your Fi function that my eyes are picking up rather than your enneatype. 3w4 is also a strong possibility, 4w3 being the second.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem very passionate about not wanting to go with the majority if it upsets your own set of internal values, though perhaps that may be your Fi function that my eyes are picking up rather than your enneatype. 3w4 is also a strong possibility, 4w3 being the second.

Why not 5w4 then? Looking for the differences between four and five, I found this:

Fours and Fives share many traits in common and can easily be mistyped, especially when the wing is strong. Both types are frequently introspective, intellectually inclined and prone to withdrawal. The principle difference lies in the relationship that each type has to emotional experience. Fours generally know exactly how they are feeling and are generally comfortable dealing with emotional expressions from others. Fives, on the other hand, tend to detach from direct emotional experience under stress, and need to take time to process their emotional response. Finally, Fours are more inclined to self-revelation than are Fives, who generally find self-disclosure to be especially taxing.

Fours | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.

I'm fairly overwhelmed by others having "in your face" type emotions. I'm generally aware what I'm feeling though, just not always in the moment. I need some time to process emotions and experiences. Also, I'm uncomfortable with too much self-revelation. Yet at the same time I'm not "detached", I feel things very strongly.

As a child I was fairly introverted and loved to learn. I knew alot, about topics that interested me, not because I was smarter, just that I was interested in learning things that interested me. I didn't like school though. I became more extroverted as a teenager and an adult, I have more confidence around people. The thing that got me doubting 3w4 was my childhood self, it was more like 4w5/5w4 than 3. I think you are more "yourself" in the first years of your life, when society hasn't yet left its mark on you too much.

The thing about not compromising values is probably Fi.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION], help me out here! xD

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION], help me out here! xD

Will do :). Based on your forum presence and overall energy (For Typhon) I would guess 5w4 9w8 3w4 as a tritype with the double 4 wing giving you a strong 4 flavor. Why I dont think you are a 4 fix si that you are not triple withdrawn as you have a energy and drive that triple withdraws tend to lack plus I see a clear double competency outlook and single positive outlook overall with the clear positive element being a 9 fix as I can confidently rule out a 7 or 2 fix. If ya wanna know more just let me know :D.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Will do :). Based on your forum presence and overall energy (For Typhon) I would guess 5w4 9w8 3w4 as a tritype with the double 4 wing giving you a strong 4 flavor. Why I dont think you are a 4 fix si that you are not triple withdrawn as you have a energy and drive that triple withdraws tend to lack plus I see a clear double competency outlook and single positive outlook overall with the clear positive element being a 9 fix as I can confidently rule out a 7 or 2 fix. If ya wanna know more just let me know :D.

Thanks, this helps alot.

Do you think 5w4/9w8/3w4 in that order? Do you think 5w4 core?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks, this helps alot.

Do you think 5w4/9w8/3w4 in that order? Do you think 5w4 core?

Yep thats the order I think ovreall. Id say you lead with 5w4 as you first of all lead with your head ideas and theories then you have like a 9w8 that like wants to keep the peace but also gives solidity to your 5 ideas and lastly the 3w4 means despite being overall content to be withdrawn you do have a kinda force and presence that a triple withdrawn would lack.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep thats the order I think ovreall. Id say you lead with 5w4 as you first of all lead with your head ideas and theories then you have like a 9w8 that like wants to keep the peace but also gives solidity to your 5 ideas and lastly the 3w4 means despite being overall content to be withdrawn you do have a kinda force and presence that a triple withdrawn would lack.

Do you think my gut fix could be 8w9? I don't see myself as having any positive outlook at all, coping-style wise. I do see myself as fairly reactive, with a good dose of competence thrown in. I think double four wing creates reactivity, but so does my gut fix.

I would say I am 5w4 3w4 8w9 in that order. I see my heart fix more dominant than my gut fix tbh.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To [MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION], and whoever is still interested. I've been thinking alot about this.

I've come to the conclusion five is not my head fix. Six is. My head fix is skeptical of things that authorities say, especially stuff I'm "supposed" to believe, as I feel there's often a political reason as to why I'm supposed to believe in it. Fives tend not to worry too much about who is trying to brainwash them, since they trust their own intellect alot. Sixes tend to doubt their own intellect more, and to doubt the intellect of intellectuals for the same reason. When you think about it, alot of prestigious intellectuals believed silly things, Sarte was convinced communism was good, and Heidegger was a nazi sympathizer. Being an intellectual is fine, but it isn't a safegauard against nonsense. Fives to believe it is (in my experience of fives). I would say I am a 6w5 head fix.

I think my gut fix is 8w9. My gut center is focused on power and not being controlled by others, which combines with six rather nicely into a "frontier" mentality, lol. I don't think 9w8 is my gut fix, because I am more reactive than positive outlook in terms of coping styles. I could even be triple reactive.

My heart fix is probably 3w4 or 4w3. I would guess the former, but the latter would make me triple reactive, which is not impossible. Two is out of the question, its either three or four.

As far as my core type goes, I'm pretty sure 6w5 is not my core type. Its possible I could be an 8w9 but I don't see myself as callous and insensitive, nor do the people around me see me that way. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut........I want to direct my own destiny, not be controlled by others, but I'm not sure it is my fixation. I am very direct and straightforward, though, which is something I noticed is lacking from 3w4 and 4w3, they can be very snake-like when defensive, whereas I become more in-your-face and pushy.

I would say I am 8w9/6w5/4w3 or 8w9/4w3/6w5.

If anyone has any thoughts of course, please feel free to share. :)

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
To [MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION], and whoever is still interested. I've been thinking alot about this.

I've come to the conclusion five is not my head fix. Six is. My head fix is skeptical of things that authorities say, especially stuff I'm "supposed" to believe, as I feel there's often a political reason as to why I'm supposed to believe in it. Fives tend not to worry too much about who is trying to brainwash them, since they trust their own intellect alot. Sixes tend to doubt their own intellect more, and to doubt the intellect of intellectuals for the same reason. When you think about it, alot of prestigious intellectuals believed silly things, Sarte was convinced communism was good, and Heidegger was a nazi sympathizer. Being an intellectual is fine, but it isn't a safegauard against nonsense. Fives to believe it is (in my experience of fives). I would say I am a 6w5 head fix.

I think my gut fix is 8w9. My gut center is focused on power and not being controlled by others, which combines with six rather nicely into a "frontier" mentality, lol. I don't think 9w8 is my gut fix, because I am more reactive than positive outlook in terms of coping styles. I could even be triple reactive.

My heart fix is probably 3w4 or 4w3. I would guess the former, but the latter would make me triple reactive, which is not impossible. Two is out of the question, its either three or four.

As far as my core type goes, I'm pretty sure 6w5 is not my core type. Its possible I could be an 8w9 but I don't see myself as callous and insensitive, nor do the people around me see me that way. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut........I want to direct my own destiny, not be controlled by others, but I'm not sure it is my fixation. I am very direct and straightforward, though, which is something I noticed is lacking from 3w4 and 4w3, they can be very snake-like when defensive, whereas I become more in-your-face and pushy.

I would say I am 8w9/6w5/4w3 or 8w9/4w3/6w5.

If anyone has any thoughts of course, please feel free to share. :)

Hmmm id say if you have a reactive in your tri its a single reactive. Just dropping this by and I will be back with a more deep and in deapth answer and anaysis.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha, it's weird you see me as potentially having no reactive in my tri since I am very reactive. Though maybe you are seeing something I ain't, it's also possible you aeren't seeing something that I am!

Yeah, maybe not triple reactive, but maybe double. Like 368. Not necessarily in that order.

I am curious to hear your thoughts in any case!