• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me find my stacking

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I want this forum to help me determine my stacking. I tagged my friend list but anyone is welcome to post or not post. Thanks.

Self-Preservation (Need to protect and preserve)

1. Do you tend to save money and are cautious about spending it?

I'm fairly careful with money, most of the time. I am usally fairly conservative about how I spend money, compared to many people.

2. Are you security oriented? Ready to protect yourself, those close to you and your resources?

Yes, though I am not always sure how. Pick up a rock and throw, I guess?

3. Are you fairly consistent? Like things known and regular? No big changes?

Pretty much

4. Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing?

Pretty much

5. Are you fairly private? Not revealing too much to strangers?

Yes, I am careful what I reveal even to people I know. I think people find it hard to get to know me.

6. Do you tend to be introverted?In the common understanding of the term 'introverted', yes

7. Do you understand money? Securities? Investments?

I would say so. I'm not expert on finance but I think I have a natural knack for understanding it.

8. Do you tend to plan for the future? Ready for emergencies?

Sometimes. I don't know if I plan for emergencies that much, but I tend to imagine what might go wrong. See question 10.

9. Are you concerned about health? Safety? Comfort? Home? Hearth?

I don't like discussing health too much. Safety is fairly important I guess.
Comfort is another thing I find boring to discuss, but find important to have. Home and hearth are important too, very much so.

10. Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios?

All the time

11. Do you like things spelled out? Details? Exact information? Guarantees?

Yes, I can't stand contracts and agreements where people aeren't clear or don't give you the information you need, or you find out later they gave you the wrong information and you're not sure who to trust.

12. In relationships do you take care of others financially?

Kind of. I expect people to be independant, but I also enjoy backing them up financially if they need my help.

Social (Need for Social Validation) - Can show up with strong focus on groups, organizations, family, world, friends, your surroundings, your social image

1. Do you need or really like social validation?

Not really

2. Is social image important to you?

Not too much so.

3. Do you have desires/fantasies of being rewarded in a social or public arena?

No

4. Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world?

Yes.

5. Is it very important to you to look good in public, groups, work, and the world? Is name recognition important, either yours or others? It is important, but not the most important thing either.

6. Are you upset if you don't get enough validation, reward for the hard and creative work you do in a social context or for a social cause?

Who isn't?

7. Are you involved in groups, organizations and team oriented activities?

Not overly so. I prefer to things my own way, and don't work so well in groups.

8. Is belonging to special groups or being a leader of a group important to you?

Yes, it is. I mean groups do kind of build society, so its nice to have influence in them.

9. Are you strongly upset if you feel not included or rejected by a group or family or not invited to a social event?

Yes.

10. Do you make your money through your association with groups affecting a large number of people?

No.

11. Do you get really upset if you make a social faux pas? Do you think about and plan out how you will be or present yourself in public?

I can feel really ashamed of making what I think are social faux pas. It bothers me. And yes, I am aware of the image I present in public.

12. Are you the social instigator and connector in your family?

Nah, I leave that to others.

Relationship (Need for 1 to 1 or Relationship Closeness)

1. Do you define yourself through a romantic or close partnership? Is closeness with another person of paramount importance?

No to the first question; I've had very few romantic relationships for someone my age, so I wanted to define myself through them, I wouldn't have much to work with. But it does upset me that I don't have a close relationship, because it is of great importnace to me since it makes me happy.

2. Do you like intense energy, particularly in relating to people? Are you energized when you have a revealing conversation or engagement with another, particularly a special other?

Yes to both questions.

3. Do you tend to focus more attention on close relationships than money?

Let's just say I see relationships as a greater facilitator to getting ahead in life than money is, does that make sense? Like you can have lots of money, but if you have no connections, you'll just rot in your corner. Connections on the other hand, can help you get money if you don't have any.

4. Does money relate to how a partner will see you more than security for yourself?

Not sure. Both are importnant I guess.

5. Are money and resources less for self and more to please an intimate other?

No, I think money ismostly for myself. Then again, like I said I've had few romantic relations in my life, so its hard to say if being in alot of relationships could change that.

6. Does your attention go more to how well you relate to a partner or potential partner than to other concerns?

Its a concern (how I relate to my partner) but not the only concern in life.

7. Would others describe you as dramatic? Do you like to go deep with things?

I have been described as dramatic by those who know me well.
Go deep into things? Hell yes.

8. Do you tend to be in the moment and not think as much about the future or your future security?

Hmmmm not sure.

9. Do you have an urge to merge? Do you "lose yourself" with an important other at times?

Very much so. In fact, nothing makes me happier.

10. Do you like risk taking? New experiences? Tend to get bored without enough stimulation particularly in the area of relationships?

I'm not a big risk-taker (as I see it) but I love new experiences. I am bored without stimulation in the area of relationships.

11. Are you focused more on connection with another and forget your own priorities?

I think that's going a bit far, I don't really forget my priorities.

12. Do you focus a lot on sexuality, romantic fantasies or mystical spiritual experiences?

Yes

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why not sx/sp?

For the shallowest answer ever, "vibes". For a slightly better one, I see more fixation in sp. You seem to suggest that you never lose hold of "sp things" no matter how much sx also interests you, whereas sx first at normal levels will dive in in a way that can be reckless (especially sx/so but also sx/sp, though sx/sp is of course a possibility for you, too.).

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I relate best to the description of Sx/sp based upon those descriptions, VG.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*Runs up to Typhon and gives him a once over then takes a BIG wiff*

The above. Why? The following factored in heavily.

4. Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing? Pretty much

10. Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios? All the time

Risk avoidance and minimizing negative potentialities is one thing, but a concurrent preoccupation with how things can go sideways 'screams' SP dom, although not a very loud scream. Kind of like a yelp, but not the online website.

P.S. Fact: The smell test has never been wrong and you sir have the SP dom

P.S.S. Something to also factor in. Sp/Sx = contra flow. Sx/Sp = syn flow

Socionics - the16types.info forums

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Syn flow and contra flow instincts

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sp/Sx. Your straight to the point and security seeking personality has lead me to this conclusion, and although it is possible for you to be Sx/Sp, it's just like Masokissed said: Your desire for Sp outweighs that of Sx interests.