• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is my type?

Sky_Nova_20

Hello, new member here. I've just heard about MBTI a few months ago and would definitely like to know more about it (plus cognitive functions) I took plenty of tests and got anything with introversion and most of the time, thinking as well. While I do find them enjoyable, they're sometimes unreliable to me, no offense. Anyways, moving on with the questions, I guess.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
S and N, definitely. I think I might both of them. I tend to imaginate a lot of things on my head and always wonder if those things will become possible one day. On the other hand, I see the boring stuff everyday.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want a quiet, peaceful life. However, my family always had financial issues and it's really something I want to fix, but at the same I really want to do something on my own. I want to live in a house where nobody else is in my room. I tend to be miserable at times though, but I don't really care.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I don't really know. I tend to be alone everytime I get older, but it makes me feel much better and more relaxed than I expected it to be. Whenever I take a new interest on something, it fascinates me. I take new interests, but I lose them quickly.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Humilliation, especially if I feel dumb in front of many people. However, I actually never intend to show it and it's something that I was never actually fond of. My anger is also a major issue and it always makes me feel that I should be alone everytime.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Like I said, I can be really angry at times, but I usually don't show it to someone and rather keep it by myself. I only care about the people I know well and how similar they are to me, but that's very rare.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I always think about how the project must look like. I try to make it as creative as I can and give specific information about my project. I try to make it look like it's the best one. I also value independent work over cooperation/teamwork.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I never really seem to have much fun to be honest, but when I was younger, I played with toys, chess, and hide and seek with a 10 year old kid. He was really smart and kind to everyone, especially for his age. I had a lot of memories with him, but I haven't seen for two years now.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
When I do the thing. Whenever I try to learn something, I lack confidence, but I always try to improve, no matter what.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Eh, I don't know. Sometimes my room can be messy, but I try to keep it as clean as possible. There's currently nothing bad in my room and I usually arrange books and clothes in order. Organized and lazy at the same time.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
New ideas? Hmm... As long they're informative, valuable and interesting, then I would personally view them as good ideas. Some new ideas by people tend to lack something that's very important.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
While harmony is a very important aspect in life, it really depends on the people I'm talking/staying with. I usually try to be myself though, but both are valuable.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I tend to think before I speak. I rarely speak before I think and that happens when I get angry. I prefer one-on-one conversations as I find it to be calmer, but group discussions really depend on the topic of the discussion. I don't discuss anything that I'm not interested in.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Hmmm.. this is a very tricky question. I tend to do both sometimes, but when there's something dangerous happening, I definitely avoid it and go do something else.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I don't call anybody and nobody calls me, so do I care? Not really. I would definitely rather see my favorite TV show or read a book. I don't like going out at nights either. It's too dark and late to go out there.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Terribly stressed/angered, depending on the situation. When it's something I've done wrong, then I feel worried and scared, but when someone does something wrong to me, I get very upset and leave the person alone.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't like anyone that's stereotypical. That's too much for my taste. I tend to argue with a lot of people and I don't like it. Some arguments tend to be okay, others tend to be very saddening. I want respect and trust.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Anything that the person and I have in common. It can be about school, books, videogames, or cartoons we like.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Dating, parties, and sports. I'm aromantic asexual, so I never want to deal anything dating-related. Parties, because they're extremely irritating and awful. Sports, because I'm bad at them. Extremely non-athletic here. Never cared abouy any of these things.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
Some people say I'm quiet/shy, some say I'm smart, some say I'm dumb/stupid, some say I'm a weakling, some say I'm caring, some say I'm boring/bland, some say I'm childish, some say I'm critical/savage, etc.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Anything I like to do, but anything isn't a lot. Go on the internet, ride my bicycle everywhere I want (I enjoy biking) and sometimes read a book I actually enjoy.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You can have both N and S as active functions and part of your identity as I am sure you know, but one needs to find out what you prioritize the most in order to type you. If you answer both to a critical question, you will be untypable.

What is clear is that you are an introvert and quite possibly a thinker. You also sound more like a P than a J, but there is not enough information here to make that call. So, IXTX, but I cannot be sure of anything based on your answers as they are not detailed enough.

You also sound very young. Some people would say that you are ineligible for MBTI typing until you are in your early 20's as that is when your cognitive functions have developed and kind of settled in your soul.

I can recommend Keys 2 Cognition Test that was posted in the Online Test section here on the forum. It correctly ordered my cognitive functions as SiTeFiNe (ISTJ), perhaps it will work for you as well.

Sky_Nova_20

You can have both N and S as active functions and part of your identity as I am sure you know, but one needs to find out what you prioritize the most in order to type you. If you answer both to a critical question, you will be untypable.

I can recommend Keys 2 Cognition Test that was posted in the Online Test section here on the forum. It correctly ordered my cognitive functions as SiTeFiNe (ISTJ), perhaps it will work for you as well.

Hmm... interesting. I got ISTJ on the test you recommended me. I took it three times and got the same result, but it wasn't a common type I got in other tests compared to other IxTx's. This test seems very interesting as I had a harder time answering the questions, but it was pretty manageable. I believe that ISTJ shares functions with ESTJ, but obviously in different orders, but the latter type is not really trues, as I'm clearly an introvert. The results I got based on the 8 cognitive functions are like this:
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.3)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************************** (35.6)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.4)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************ (36.7)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.3)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.4)
excellent use

This makes kind of sense for ISTJ, but at the same time I'm not sure whether I'm a P or J as well. Those two really change the cognitive functions of every type. I also tend to use Te/Ti at the same time though.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After reading the OP my call is INTP. Keys 2 Cognition is a very difficult test for a beginner.

Sky_Nova_20

After reading the OP my call is INTP. Keys 2 Cognition is a very difficult test for a beginner.
I believe ISTP!
Both answers seem very interesting. I'm probably between those two, but I'm still not exactly sure which one is more suitable. I tend to mix up both intution and sensing at the same time. I believe both MBTI types are Ti-dom and Fe-inferior, but different in S/N, something I really the struggle the most. I always think about my past experiences and how they really affected me, but at the same time I want to know what's going to happen with myself in the next few days. I always think about possibilities in my head, but I feel like they wouldn't happen at the same time. I wish about something, but it never happens, so I didn't really care afterwards. I also feel unprepared whenever I do something me especially when my mom comes at my room and I always ask myself "why is she in my room?" During the summer, I always do the same things everyday and I haven't done anything important, besides using my phone and stay quiet on my bed as usual and avoid human contact. I never really helped my family at all and I want to do things on my own, rather than someone helping me going through the situation. My family and I also moved through a lot of houses/cities for family reasons and I always wonder that why must this happen. I sometimes read a book or go biking, but I tend to be lazy and lay on my bed, which is something I really struggle with. Like my mom forced me to change my bed today and I already did what she said. I stay upstairs, while my family stays downstairs in our house. Whenever I go biking, I always focus on myself rather than just what others are doing. I follow various sidewalks, rather than just going on the same pace everytime. I also like learning languages as well. They're really interesting to me. The only things I hate watching on TV are news and programming for an older audience. Never paid attention to those, but I really don't watch TV, because my siblings keep watching it and there's nothing really interesting anymore. I also struggle with concentrating sometimes, depending on the situation I'm dealing with. I worry about myself a lot more than I do for others. I'm not selfish or anything and I tend to criticize myself at times as well. I also remember my past memories a lot, especially with the fact how strange they were, especially with my experience of bullying. I also keep a lot of secrets to everyone, because I don't want anyone to know something private about myself in real life. I also point out to a lot of things, especially with spelling mistakes. I might have grammatical errors and I apologize, but whatever.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both answers seem very interesting. I'm probably between those two, but I'm still not exactly sure which one is more suitable. I tend to mix up both intution and sensing at the same time. I believe both MBTI types are Ti-dom and Fe-inferior, but different in S/N, something I really the struggle the most. I always think about my past experiences and how they really affected me, but at the same time I want to know what's going to happen with myself in the next few days. I always think about possibilities in my head, but I feel like they wouldn't happen at the same time. I wish about something, but it never happens, so I didn't really care afterwards. I also feel unprepared whenever I do something me especially when my mom comes at my room and I always ask myself "why is she in my room?" During the summer, I always do the same things everyday and I haven't done anything important, besides using my phone and stay quiet on my bed as usual and avoid human contact. I never really helped my family at all and I want to do things on my own, rather than someone helping me going through the situation. My family and I also moved through a lot of houses/cities for family reasons and I always wonder that why must this happen. I sometimes read a book or go biking, but I tend to be lazy and lay on my bed, which is something I really struggle with. Like my mom forced me to change my bed today and I already did what she said. I stay upstairs, while my family stays downstairs in our house. Whenever I go biking, I always focus on myself rather than just what others are doing. I follow various sidewalks, rather than just going on the same pace everytime. I also like learning languages as well. They're really interesting to me. The only things I hate watching on TV are news and programming for an older audience. Never paid attention to those, but I really don't watch TV, because my siblings keep watching it and there's nothing really interesting anymore. I also struggle with concentrating sometimes, depending on the situation I'm dealing with. I worry about myself a lot more than I do for others. I'm not selfish or anything and I tend to criticize myself at times as well. I also remember my past memories a lot, especially with the fact how strange they were, especially with my experience of bullying. I also keep a lot of secrets to everyone, because I don't want anyone to know something private about myself in real life. I also point out to a lot of things, especially with spelling mistakes. I might have grammatical errors and I apologize, but whatever.

INTP. Based on the Hornevian triad of Aggressive, Compliant, and Withdrawn, you are Withdrawn. The ISTP type is a Compliant type. The INTP is a Withdrawn type.