• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really a ESTP?

RealDeadpool01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7W8
If I am one, I'm a pretty fucking damn unique one. Reasons why I think I am:

I'm not very open minded when it comes to new people and am really quick to judge
I'm very opinionated
I have a short temper but am really quick to forgive as quick as I am to get mad
I cant stand staying home all day alone which Im forced to. Exercise and technology keep me from going absolutely insane
In a very active enviroment I get really energized and excited and stay that way for hours until Im alone
I stress when I have to worry about the future
I dont like to fight with friends
I love to look cool and dress nice
I speak my mind and am blunt most of the time, some people hate it
I love to be active
I hate being lazy and get restless if I dont do something
One of my greatest strengths is my determination. Ever since I was little, whenever I wanted something, I did or said anything I had to to get it
As a kid I talked a LOT. A lot is honestly a understatement, I fucking never shut up
Ive always liked the idea of being leader, whether in a game, of a group, etc.
I get bored easily

Reasons why I dont think I am:
When around new people, i put up a tough guy front with body language that says dont fuck with me
Anger is one of my strongest emotions and I find myself hating people easily at times
Even though I love to be active, I hate playing sports, even the ones that Im really good at and dont know why. I think its either becuase of my fear to look stupid or the embarrassment if I end up losing. I fucking hate that
I depise parties. I cant stand them and you wont ever catch me at one unless its to purposely mess it up
I love theories that interest me
Im a big comic book and movie fan and can get geeky when it comes to this sort of stuff
I have lists of the things I want to buy or do, though its not set in stone and they change easily
I dont have that many friends and thats because of my distrust towards new people
I sometimes have a hard time saying no to the people I like or want to impress
I am at times scared of confrontation. Not because Im scared of losing but because of something else that I really dont understand
I always have something in my mind to think about and put to action
This has come out when I started to get older, but I love to analyze how things in movies or tv shows work, like superpowers, machines, etc.
Though I dont like staying home alone, I at times need time to myself to relax

So yeah, there you have it guys. I definitely think I may be a Thinker and peciever and sensor, but the extroversion confuses me. Now please give me some good answers, it took me a hour to get this stupid laptop to work and finally type this up, dont let my work be for nothing :)

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm on mobile mode so I don't know how to post quote but based on this you sound like an ESTP. Your comment about anger being your strongest emotion and putting up a tough guy front is typical of se doms. Not liking sports and a fear of looking stupid or being emberressed relates back to tetiary fe. Your commentary about theory is related to aux ti

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I can relate to a fair amount of this and your why nots are hardly deal breakers. We don't all have the same style plus what has already been said. I'd say it fits you. Wear it well, and don't feel pressured to let it wear you if that makes sense. Unless you want to, it's your thing man, and I get the sense you do it well. Keep on killing it. ^_^

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sound like ESTPs i know

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
If I am one, I'm a pretty fucking damn unique one. Reasons why I think I am: I'm not very open minded when it comes to new people and am really quick to judge I'm very opinionated I have a short temper but am really quick to forgive as quick as I am to get mad I cant stand staying home all day alone which Im forced to. Exercise and technology keep me from going absolutely insane In a very active enviroment I get really energized and excited and stay that way for hours until Im alone I stress when I have to worry about the future I dont like to fight with friends I love to look cool and dress nice I speak my mind and am blunt most of the time, some people hate it I love to be active I hate being lazy and get restless if I dont do something One of my greatest strengths is my determination. Ever since I was little, whenever I wanted something, I did or said anything I had to to get it As a kid I talked a LOT. A lot is honestly a understatement, I fucking never shut up Ive always liked the idea of being leader, whether in a game, of a group, etc. I get bored easily Reasons why I dont think I am: When around new people, i put up a tough guy front with body language that says dont fuck with me Anger is one of my strongest emotions and I find myself hating people easily at times Even though I love to be active, I hate playing sports, even the ones that Im really good at and dont know why. I think its either becuase of my fear to look stupid or the embarrassment if I end up losing. I fucking hate that I depise parties. I cant stand them and you wont ever catch me at one unless its to purposely mess it up I love theories that interest me Im a big comic book and movie fan and can get geeky when it comes to this sort of stuff I have lists of the things I want to buy or do, though its not set in stone and they change easily I dont have that many friends and thats because of my distrust towards new people I sometimes have a hard time saying no to the people I like or want to impress I am at times scared of confrontation. Not because Im scared of losing but because of something else that I really dont understand I always have something in my mind to think about and put to action This has come out when I started to get older, but I love to analyze how things in movies or tv shows work, like superpowers, machines, etc. Though I dont like staying home alone, I at times need time to myself to relax So yeah, there you have it guys. I definitely think I may be a Thinker and peciever and sensor, but the extroversion confuses me. Now please give me some good answers, it took me a hour to get this stupid laptop to work and finally type this up, dont let my work be for nothing :)[/QUOTE]
Direct and to the point.
all the highlighted points above make me feel that you are typed correctly. Maybe your a bit of both? would that make sense that you go between introversion and Extroversion?

RealDeadpool01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7W8
I feel more extroverted than introverted because when I go out with family or people I feel close to and trust I get a energy and buzz I never got and still never get when Im alone. At times when I cant exercise or use my phone I need to go out on my porch and just sit there so I can feel something

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I feel more extroverted than introverted because when I go out with family or people I feel close to and trust I get a energy and buzz I never got and still get when Im alone. At times when I cant exercise or use my phone I need to go out on my porch and just sit there so I can feel something
And what about when your in a social setting with people you don't know, what is your energy when you walk into the room feel like, can you describe it?

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It seems like you are trying to validate or determine your type on the basis of stereotypes, which are not helpful. ESTPs don't have to like parties or have lots of friends. These types of individual traits are just a generic portrait of a type. Whether you are extroverted and prefer Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving (and the related cognitive functions) are what determine whether you are an ESTP. The ESTP descriptions should only be used as a rough guideline, particularly since Myers-Briggs descriptions tend to omit unhealthy type-specific traits.

RealDeadpool01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7W8
+Abcdenfp With people I don't know, I have a very strong mistrust towards them and put on a mean face with aggressive body language and body postures. I feel as if people will take advantage of me and that fear fuels my anger towards new people and strangers, but only towards other teenagers. When I walk into a room, Ii feel as if all eyes are on me and it makes me feel naked in some way, I hate that feeling a lot and dread when Im gonna be late on certain days of school as I know all eyes will be staring at me when I walk through the door

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Jfc, SE is pretty strong here xD

Your fears seem pretty Ti (especially this look of anger) :hi:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It seems like you are trying to validate or determine your type on the basis of stereotypes, which are not helpful. ESTPs don't have to like parties or have lots of friends. These types of individual traits are just a generic portrait of a type. Whether you are extroverted and prefer Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving (and the related cognitive functions) are what determine whether you are an ESTP. The ESTP descriptions should only be used as a rough guideline, particularly since Myers-Briggs descriptions tend to omit unhealthy type-specific traits.

They seem to like to portray "meaning" in descriptions which screws them up and makes them all different. Its an N thing...they cant just see what is and have to make things they are not, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Jfc, SE is pretty strong here xD

Your fears seem pretty Ti (especially this look of anger) :hi:

Thats just our resting face, not always anger

RealDeadpool01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7W8
With people I don't know, I have a very strong mistrust towards them and put on a mean face with aggressive body language and body postures. I feel as if people will take advantage of me and that fear fuels my anger towards new people and strangers, but only towards other teenagers. When I walk into a room, Ii feel as if all eyes are on me and it makes me feel naked in some way, I hate that feeling a lot and dread when Im gonna be late on certain days of school as I know all eyes will be staring at me when I walk through the door

RealDeadpool01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7W8
With people I don't know, I have a very strong mistrust towards them and put on a mean face with aggressive body language and body postures. I feel as if people will take advantage of me and that fear fuels my anger towards new people and strangers, but only towards other teenagers. When I walk into a room, Ii feel as if all eyes are on me and it makes me feel naked in some way, I hate that feeling a lot and dread when Im gonna be late on certain days of school as I know all eyes will be staring at me when I walk through the door

RealDeadpool01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7W8
I don't think I am a Istp, as Istps don't get a energy buzz from hanging out with friends and family. I do, and its a very strong one

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This could just be a manifestation of anxiety; it isn't necessarily related to your type.