• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

my sister is a mystery, please help!

poppy58

I’ve been trying to figure out my sister’s type for a while now but got nowhere. I’d like to be friends with her but she doesn’t seem to be interested. I’d really like to know how she thinks, feels and expresses herself to be able to read her. I think I’m ok at reading people, but she’s like a blank paper for me.
I know she’s not good with feelings, neither expressing them nor receiving them. She seems unsure in social situations. I think she has low self confidence.
She doesn’t seem to be attached to anything, you buy her something for Christmas she wanted but she doesn’t use it. She has plans to do stuff but she never does any of it.
She knows how to manipulate people (in a positive and a negative way) and knows how to turn your words against you. She always wins at arguments.
She’s a perfectionist, when she starts cleaning (it rarely happens, most often she persuades others to do it by affecting their conscience) she goes after every little corner and expects the same from others too.
She likes to dress nicely, she has a lot of clothes they’re in a huge pile on her floor.
I think she’s not very flexible, or maybe just very precise. I remember her throwing a fit as a little kid, when she asked for the time and my mom told her it was five minutes to six. Because she wanted to know what the time was NOW, not what’s it gonna be in five minutes. She didn’t accept when she was wrong, she always had to be right and she always had to win otherwise she’d throw a tantrum.
As a kid she used to whine when she had to do physical activities, but she’s actually quite decent at it. She used to write shorts stories and she has a good eye for shapes and composition in photography.
She gets frustrated when she has to decide on the spot. It takes her a long time to make up her mind even in things like which picture to upload to instagram (it’s the same picture with different filters). The time’s also important when she uploads it (you have to upload it when people are most likely at home scrolling through instagram, but not Friday night because that means you don’t have a social life). She sometimes needs to ‘picture eating’ the food to decide if she’s full or which one to choose if there’s more options.
When she gets overwhelmed with work, she breaks down emotionally and
giving her advice sets her off. These are the only times she opens up to my mom and we learn what’s going on with her.
My guess is IXTP, but she’s not the scientific type and I have no clue if she analyzes stuff (she used to question my dad when he was trying to help her with math homework, if that counts) and if she has a mental logical system.
English is not my first language so it might not translate accurately, I hope it makes sense.