• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me please

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I've always considered myself to have a reactive enneagram type. Now I'm considering enneagram 4 or 6 as my core type. I repress my feelings, but inwardly I am a turbulent individual. I put on a tough guy act but I experience a turbulence inside me. I identify with the security seeking 6 and the identity seeking 4, not typical of ExTJ types in general.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want a happy secure family life, maybe because of the lack of it growing up. It's my greatest goal in life. I will go through whatever lengths to achieve this goal. I also value perfection in whatever it is that I'm doing. I'm willing, for the most part, to do any kind of work, that doesn't matter to me. There's also a side to me that I quite don't understand myself. Despite the fact that I don't particularly enjoy social activities, I do love people and I want to be able to understand others and learn more about myself along the way.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I can't really think of a time I felt that way to be honest. I live life day to day. I feel the best when I've completed a task or achieved a goal. Scoring well on a test is something that always makes me feel good.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Anxiety, self doubt. The fact that I don't trust myself at times. I also often feel like I'm at the mercy of my emotions and I am a volatile individual. I suck at handling stress and I'm prone to depression. I can also sit around and brood for no reasons. I also don't handle failure too well.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

For the most part, I adapt myself to what life throws at me and a lot of my decisions are gut decisions. I am also impulsive.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I focus mostly on the results. I like having some control on the outcome. Having no control would make me anxious.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I can't really pick one time I had fun. Mostly fun times are the ones I enjoy with those closest to me. Anything can be fun if I am with the right people. I feel most comfortable around my family and also around my fiance.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

I like to learn by doing. I like to get myself a book or a guide or find videos and copy the methods described in them. I'm not a very creative person but I am a fast learner.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Incredibly. I keep a very tidy living space and I have three different journals for keeping track of things

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I try to learn as much information I can. Then I try to see where the information fits and if it doesn't, something is wrong with the idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

A combination of both. They're both equally important to me.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I tend to do both. I just speak as it comes naturally to me. I have no particular preference regarding group or one on one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Action over words always. I'm always ready to take the plunge.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I go out with friends.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Stress turns me into a crazy person. I brood and become depressed and anxious. I start questioning everything. I might eventually start wondering why I'm doing what I'm doing, and then become unable to find an answer. I am on medication right now.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Hypocrisy, people lying, being irresponsible, acting like idiots, trying to be cool when they're not.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like discussing literature and any TV shows I've seen. I take pleasure in dissecting them and try to find hidden meaning in them.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Other people's opinions, trying to fit in with society, peer pressure

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I can't answer this as I honestly don't know how other people see me.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Reading, watching a good TV show, maybe going for a walk, talking to my fiance, go shopping, go out to dinner, ring up some friends and go for a movie, things like that.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
None of this really seems to exempt ESTJ, as 6 and 4 are common in xSTJ personalities (ISTJs are typically 614 or some combination of that). I'd question a bit that you identify as a 4 core (you almost sound more like a 64x rather than a 46x). You also almost sound more like you have a 1 fix rather than a 9 fix, but I'm not going to question that much because I'd agree that your gut fix doesn't seem that prominent.

My only questions would be:
What parts the Te descriptions do you resonate with? Which parts don't you?

How strongly do you feel you are sx/so and why?

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wouldn't you consider ISFJ? I can see the sensor and the judging but you really look more of an introvert than extrovert. Also, you look like someone who leans more to the F spectrum.
If i'm not mistaken, you typed yourself as ENTJ not long time ago, am I wrong?
How your cognitive functions look like? Have you already done some cognitive test functions test?

As for enneagram, if 4 and 6 are the options, I'd go with 6. Seem like a good fit for you.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
None of this really seems to exempt ESTJ, as 6 and 4 are common in xSTJ personalities (ISTJs are typically 614 or some combination of that). I'd question a bit that you identify as a 4 core (you almost sound more like a 64x rather than a 46x). You also almost sound more like you have a 1 fix rather than a 9 fix, but I'm not going to question that much because I'd agree that your gut fix doesn't seem that prominent.

My only questions would be:
What parts the Te descriptions do you resonate with? Which parts don't you?

How strongly do you feel you are sx/so and why?

I see. So being a 6 would just mean I have a really strong 4 influence. I'm just went with 9 but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure I don't have an 8 in me.

I type as a Te user because I desire structure in the external world and I'm focused on being productive. Also because I ruled out 4 since I don't really like to socialize as much as other SFJs but there might just be something about Fe I don't understand. I've also kind of stayed away from forming relationships with people because of my anxiety, and also possibly some other issues I don't want to bring up here. It doesn't sound like Fe so I go with Te. Do I come off as an Fe user? I'm open to the suggestion.

I'm quite confident of Sx/So. Mostly because of my intensity. I also believe I am Sp last because of my complete lack of focus on the material aspects of life that bring me security.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wouldn't you consider ISFJ? I can see the sensor and the judging but you really look more of an introvert than extrovert. Also, you look like someone who leans more to the F spectrum.
If i'm not mistaken, you typed yourself as ENTJ not long time ago, am I wrong?
How your cognitive functions look like? Have you already done some cognitive test functions test?

As for enneagram, if 4 and 6 are the options, I'd go with 6. Seem like a good fit for you.

I don't believe I'm an introvert because I don't feel drained by social interaction. Why would you say more Fe Than Te for me?

I typed as an Ni user because my perception is very subjective and I always felt like others had a hard time understanding me. Then I learnt that Si can be as complex as Ni, an eye opener for me, so I'm going with SJ now.

I don't really trust online tests so I have not taken any.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't believe I'm an introvert because I don't feel drained by social interaction. Why would you say more Fe Than Te for me?

I typed as an Ni user because my perception is very subjective and I always felt like others had a hard time understanding me. Then I learnt that Si can be as complex as Ni, an eye opener for me, so I'm going with SJ now.

I don't really trust online tests so I have not taken any.

I am too, quite reluctant about online tests, even official ones. I believe the best way is to research about the functions. I only asked because I would like to know more about your functions' preferences, and a test could make me be able to analyze better.

Well, I don't think one must feel completely drained after social gathering to be an introvert. The way you've described your hobbies and activities seemed like introvert. But yes, I don't know what's going on your head so I will take your word about it.

As for Te and Fe, you really look more life a feeler to me, especially based on the way you express yourself and what I've seem from you so far on this forum.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see. So being a 6 would just mean I have a really strong 4 influence. I'm just went with 9 but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure I don't have an 8 in me.

I type as a Te user because I desire structure in the external world and I'm focused on being productive. Also because I ruled out 4 since I don't really like to socialize as much as other SFJs but there might just be something about Fe I don't understand. I've also kind of stayed away from forming relationships with people because of my anxiety, and also possibly some other issues I don't want to bring up here. It doesn't sound like Fe so I go with Te. Do I come off as an Fe user? I'm open to the suggestion.

I'm quite confident of Sx/So. Mostly because of my intensity. I also believe I am Sp last because of my complete lack of focus on the material aspects of life that bring me security.

Yeah, you do come across as a Fe user, at least more than Te from what I've seen here. The desire for structure comes more from having a dominant Je function aligned with Si to make a desire for productivity. Fe isn't so much about socialization and relationships, but about emotional objectivity. Fe forms it's values from the outside world, while Te forms their values internally (through Fi). Fe is more oriented around group dynamics, "how will this make others feel" or "what will be best as a whole." Fi is more singular "How will this make me feel" or "what will be better for an individual in the long run" (although an actual Fi user would probably be better at describing Fi to you than me).

To be honest I almost questioned if you were an introvert, but ESxJs are more likely to call themselves impulsive than ISxJs (because of the higher perceiving functions).

I have no doubt that you use sx somewhere (as you seem oriented around intensity and intense experience through impulse). I just questioned if you might be sp/sx or sx/sp instead, as you seem to be oriented around security and well being.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am too, quite reluctant about online tests, even official ones. I believe the best way is to research about the functions. I only asked because I would like to know more about your functions' preferences, and a test could make me be able to analyze better.

Well, I don't think one must feel completely drained after social gathering to be an introvert. The way you've described your hobbies and activities seemed like introvert. But yes, I don't know what's going on your head so I will take your word about it.

As for Te and Fe, you really look more life a feeler to me, especially based on the way you express yourself and what I've seem from you so far on this forum.

A lot of my introvert traits are a result of my anxiety, I think. I have a hard time trusting people at all. I'm getting better at it though.

I've been considering Fe dom for myself but the classic ESFJ description of the gossiping cheerleader type doesn't fit me at all. I know it's just a stereotype...

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, you do come across as a Fe user, at least more than Te from what I've seen here. The desire for structure comes more from having a dominant Je function aligned with Si to make a desire for productivity. Fe isn't so much about socialization and relationships, but about emotional objectivity. Fe forms it's values from the outside world, while Te forms their values internally (through Fi). Fe is more oriented around group dynamics, "how will this make others feel" or "what will be best as a whole." Fi is more singular "How will this make me feel" or "what will be better for an individual in the long run" (although an actual Fi user would probably be better at describing Fi to you than me).

To be honest I almost questioned if you were an introvert, but ESxJs are more likely to call themselves impulsive than ISxJs (because of the higher perceiving functions).

I have no doubt that you use sx somewhere (as you seem oriented around intensity and intense experience through impulse). I just questioned if you might be sp/sx or sx/sp instead, as you seem to be oriented around security and well being.

I will consider sx/sp for myself also. I will let you know what I think of it :)

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll type myself as ESFJ for now. Thanks for the insightful posts [MENTION=34313]RooibosKrayfish[/MENTION] [MENTION=33955]shpotva[/MENTION]

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of my introvert traits are a result of my anxiety, I think. I have a hard time trusting people at all. I'm getting better at it though.

I've been considering Fe dom for myself but the classic ESFJ description of the gossiping cheerleader type doesn't fit me at all. I know it's just a stereotype...

Don't pay attention to stereotypes. If they were true, right now I would be trying to be become the next Mother Tereza.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Based on the questionnaire id say 6w7 9w1 3w2/4 So/Sx (You seem more positive outlook than reactive tbh ;)) and your forum presence reflects that well. Id say ESFJ fits well as you seem very Fe dom with Si and I think part of the anxiety is your Ne just kicking into gear as it grows and isnt yet mature enough to be used as a healthy tert function.