• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can I have help finding my tritype please?

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Currently I'm typing as 963 sp/so (9w1 6w7 3w2), but that seems really off. While I do have trouble typing and the attachment triad usually has trouble typing, I cannot see myself as the chameleon that 963 is portrayed to be. I'm pretty confident saying that my core type is 9w1, and am semi sure of the 6 bit (although I've heavily considered 6w5), but the heart triad makes little sense to me, which I think is causing the difficulty.

Here is how I relate/do not relate to each of the types. I was hoping someone could help me narrow down which ones I made the best argument for (questions are welcome).

Type 1:
Why Yes: I am incredibly self controlled, prudish, and oriented around producing high quality work. I am motivated not to be a "bad person," and am often upset when I feel to meet my own internal expectations of myself. I can be incredibly self critical at my worst, and at times critical of others (especially when they are acting in a way that ignores consequence). I can be quite verbal when people are wrong, although I try not to be pretentious about it. I'm incredibly stiff at times, and am 100% a control freak.
Why No: I am probably the most disorganized and indecisive person to have ever existed. I don't really associate things (or at least like to associate things) with the label of good or bad, because I believe everything is probably a mix of the two. While I am very stiff, I have points of extreme gregariousness and joy, which probably rules out 1. I really like things to be the best quality they can be, but I believe "perfectionist" is probably a stretch of my personality

Type 2:
Why Yes: I enjoy volunteer work and generally like to see myself as a helpful person. It's part of both the rejection triad and the optimistic triad so with this type I could probably knock off two birds with one stone. At my worst I can be manipulative and overly disregarding of my own needs. I consider myself empathetic. I desire to be useful.
Why No: I'm not sentimental and I hate attention. I'm incredibly stingy and am often accused of not working hard enough to maintain relationships. I'm not really flattering (more avoident). I probably enjoy yelling too much to be a caregiver. I don't really feel the need to be wanted by others.

Type 3:
Why Yes: I'm competent, diplomatic, and ambitious. I can be very energetic and persuasive when I try to be. People seem to be convinced that I am some studious and conscientious student when in fact they've all been fooled by my quiet demeanor and good quality work. I can sometimes come across as arrogant and prideful if taken the wrong way. I am somewhat insecure with my emotions and identity and have difficulty knowing how I am perceived. I'm a workaholic who uses work to avoid pain.
Why No: This type has always bothered me the most. I'm not conning, I hate being deceitful, and I'm not particularly competitive. I don't really care much for material goods nor image. I was always yelled at by my parents for not caring enough about my image. I hate being in the spotlight and would rather crawl into a hole then be given attention.

Type 4:
Why Yes: I'm pretty moody and artistic. I struggle to find an identity and personal identity, which creates distress within my life. I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to learning pop culture, and I feel that my ego prevents me from indulging in it and connecting with others at a strong level. I think I'm fairly unique? At times I can be absorbed in my ideas and too focused on my inner, fantasy world.
Why No: While I can be absorbed in my fantasy world, I'm not particularly self indulgent. While I feel I'm unique, I don't really go out of my way to be different and contrary. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. I don't think I create a fantasy of who I am, but then again maybe I'm just deluding myself. I'm not a romantic in the least, and I don't do aesthetics...

Type 5:
Why Yes: I'm stingy, withdrawn, and hardworking. I've always desired a life where I could continuously learn. When I have difficulty with people, my first reaction is to withdraw and cut them off. I hate feeling useless and incapable, and consistently work to orient myself in the real world. As curious about the world as I am, I am often overly cautious and avoidant out of a strange fear I cannot explain. I fall into my head and fantasy world when I cannot deal with my reality or the people of the real world.
Why No: I've tried to put 5 in various forms inside of my tritype with no avail. I am withdrawn and isolated, but I am also gregarious and energetic. I can be extremely focused, but more often scattered and disoriented. While I'd like to be independent, I have to ask for help sometimes, as evident in situations like this.

Type 6:
Why Yes: I am overcautious, pretty responsible, and run on high anxiety. I am very ambivalent in personality and desire to feel secure in my surroundings and being. I'm relatively stiff, and incredibly stubborn when it comes to challenging my irrational fear. I lack self confidence, but when the people around me are suffering or are in danger, it's somewhat easy to put aside my fears and challenge adversaries. Indecision.
Why No: I'm not loyal, nor am I group oriented. Even though I'm always pretty anxious, I'm not anxious about what might happen or who could deceive me (I'm just nervous?). Unfortunately, I'm more naive and excitable than skeptical.

Type 7:
Why Yes: I'm curious, energetic, and optimistic when comfortable. I avoid pain by doing work continuously. I have a wide variety of interests and things that I'm good at, but very few things I'm great at nor passionate about. Again, the knowledge seeking. I'm somewhat distracted and versatile, and I enjoy talking at length to people when comfortable. I am idealistic and am a descent brainstormer. I feell as though I've kept my child like curiosity.
Why No: I'm not exactly spontaneous, and I'm not completely pain avoidant (in healthier states). I don't really feel connected to the id, and have trouble indulging in myself and interests. I'm relatively self controlled. I am not experience seeking.

**NOT BOTHERING WITH 8 BECAUSE I'M NOT**

Type 9:
Why Yes: I am tact oriented, self effacing, and lack a concrete identity. I am optimistic and generally try to be a pleasant and agreeable person who can go with the flow. I am somewhat disengaged from reality, which can make me seem more agreeable and passive than I probably am. I'm often cool headed with a long fuse. I'm not going to fight you unless you really give me a reason. I can be incredibly stubborn, and at times lazy. I am dispassionate.
Why No: I'm not really passive aggressive, nor am I avoident of hard work. If you want to have a debate or if their is need for argument, I won't run away and hide (I rather like debating). I'm not that harmonious, and can be quite irritable as a human being.