• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my friend

Cl-Cl-Cl-Claudius

So I was wondering what type my best friend could be, since I'm really shit at typing people, I thought to post some of his more noticeable traits here and see what you guys make of it.
It's a short list of things this person says or do that stand out to me.
- He is really artistic (Not really something you can type somebody off I guess, but anyway).
- He often seems to feel like he doesn't get the credit he deserves. He will often say things like "I did this and that, but nobody mentioned it or seems to care". He is a bit pride in a sense.
- Also, I think he likes to acknowledge or show his respect to different people or cultures by talking to me when someone of that culture is around. A stupid example, when we are in a kebab 'restaurant' and the guys who work there are around, he will often talk to me about Turkey, like how nice our visit to Istanbul was, but it looks like he only mentions it so the other guys can hear him mention it, it's really bizarre but I always find that funny. He does it a lot.
- Another thing I find weird, in the same line of the previous, is that when he likes something, he will say it just like that, like when we are having a conversation about let's say David Lynch, he will say, almost out of the blue, "I love David Lynch". I find this weird because he says it in the middle of the conversation and there is no follow up.
- He is pretty easy-going, like he goes along with things he doesn't really care for, just for the sake of the other involved. I wish I was more like him in that aspect, he can be social when he wants to be, he has no problem making friends.
- So, he can be quit and cautious, but he is really sympathetic (in a bit of a weird way I guess).
- I don't think he likes conflict, he vents to me about things or people that bother him and he says he will deal with them, but he doesn't really act upon that, or he let's it come too far. That's also because he wants to see how things will develop.
- Talk about venting, he doesn't like to drive, traffic makes him a bit nervous (which I completely understand), and so he is constantly pointing out the things that annoy him.
- When he is doing something creative (he makes animation movies), he will listen and take advice from others (he really appreciates that), but in the end he will always do it his own way.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Either 2w3 or 3w2. Leaning 2w3. Sounds like either Fe or Se. Maybe both. Hard to say more on his mbti type.

Could you give me a bit more information? Just like you are doing here- just a few more bullet points?

My very tentative guess so far... INFJ 2w3 so/sx.

Cl-Cl-Cl-Claudius

Either 2w3 or 3w2. Leaning 2w3. Sounds like either Fe or Se. Maybe both. Hard to say more on his mbti type.

Could you give me a bit more information? Just like you are doing here- just a few more bullet points?

My very tentative guess so far... INFJ 2w3 so/sx.
I was also thinking about typing him as an INFJ.
A few more points.
- He sometimes tells half truths, or tells the story so it sounds more exciting, and in my head I'm always correcting him. But he knows this annoys me.
- Because of the previous, I always get in discussions that revolve around details. He engages in those discussion vigorously, because he thinks I'm attacking him, but I just want to get over the specifics and get them out of the way. He however almost always gets angry when I start a discussion like that. (Honestly I can get why he finds it annoying)
- He likes it though when you listen to him and give him tips when he is working on something. He doesn't like it when his parents (for example) don't pay attention to a project he is working on. Like his short film, he would often confide to me that he feels like his parents don't care or don't show interest. He also likes to talk with people about his film (for ideas), he wants people to give honest criticism (he doesn't always take it well though). He is not vain to ask for help, but in the end he will do it his way.
- Like I said, I think he is more introverted then extroverted. But he can be charming and I think people feel comfortable around him.
- He doesn't like silence, this one time I went for a drink with him and his girlfriend, and he was constantly annoyed when there were moments of silence. Telling us to speak up, while the silence didn't really seem to bother us.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
He's a bit too much concerned about people, seemingly in an unhealthy way.
Sympathy and compassion are commendable, but he seems very inclined about creating the image of what he thinks people should be thinking about him.

I'd say an unbalanced INFJ.

I appreciate your concern and patience with him. You mentioned he can easily make friends, but apparently, you're one of the closest he opens up to revealing all his eccentricities and idiosyncrasies. Stick with him. He will need your opposing insight as his confident to grow.

Cl-Cl-Cl-Claudius

He's a bit too much concerned about people, seemingly in an unhealthy way.
Sympathy and compassion are commendable, but he seems very inclined about creating the image of what he thinks people should be thinking about him.

I'd say an unbalanced INFJ.

I appreciate your concern and patience with him. You mentioned he can easily make friends, but apparently, you're one of the closest he opens up to revealing all his eccentricities and idiosyncrasies. Stick with him. He will need your opposing insight as his confident to grow.
I might need him more, he is doing fine really (way better than me), but he might be a little insecure at times.