• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I've typed myself as an INFP...What do you think?

Krys

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Hmm, I guess sometimes I think I could be an extrovert. Ne and Fi always score very closely on tests and I don't have any problems introducing myself to people or talking to them. I'm not particularly shy, I suppose. I guess what I'm saying is that there is a possibility that I'm an ENFP...or possibly some other type.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

My first compulsion is say happiness, but that's too impermanent, so a better expression of what i want would be: freedom, acceptance, and answers.

-Freedom to pursue whatever route in life that I want to take regardless of how far-fetched.
-Personal acceptance of my body and my mind.
-And as for answers, well, big questions have always bugged me (why are we here? Does God exist? Where will Humanity be in another thousand years?) so I'd ideally like at least a few answers to those kinds of questions.

Why? I'm not sure. I guess I just want those things because without them I feel a little lost.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I can't think of any particular moment, but I guess I feel best when I've completed some kind of project or task and people like it? And tell me they like it? I enjoy it when my hard work is validated by my peers. Also, just the act of finishing something is so good.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Feeling incompetent for sure. If I feel stupid, like I can't do something or I'm the weakest link on a team, I feel bad. That goes double if I'm letting someone else down in the process.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

This is a question I actually get stuck on frequently, and I think its why I'm so unsure of my type. I'm probably overthinking this question, but I think it depends on the kind of decision I'm making. I tend to do things that i want to do, but i'm also very aware of what other people will think about me and that weighs on my decision, so i'm quite indecisive. I do pro-cons lists, but mostly as a last resort type of thing because they don't really sway me very much because thing A might have less pros than thing B but thing A's pros could be of more value.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Hmm, if I'm working alone, then my emphasis is on achieving a desired result within the given timeframe. That doesn't change if its a group project, but other variables are added, like making sure everyone knows what we're doing, and that we're all okay and have no problems. It isnt always me who would take care of those things specifically, but it's important to me that everyone's on the same page.

And if I could control the outcome, I would.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Well, I went to a theme park with my two friends a few weeks ago, that was fun. I love rollercoasters even though they scare the crap out of me.

Let's see. I remember that it was sunny, and most of the rides were packed. The lines were slow --we had to wait like an hour for one ride -- and you could always hear someone screaming in terror as you waited. I didn't eat much, only potato wedges and a coke because i wasn't hungry, and one of my friends almost threw up because he got dizzy. He didn't though so it was fine. I kinda felt bad for asking him to go because he hates theme park rides, but I think he mostly enjoyed himself. At one point I almost peed myself because I needed to go to washroom but we were already near the front of the line.
The rides were all beautiful metal and wood deathtraps. It was a lot of fun.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you

I watch someone else do the the thing and then I try to do the thing.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I'm not very neat (try: messy as all hell) but I do try to be organized. The bookmarks on my computer are stored in various folders according to content. My clothes are folded away according to their use and association to a specific season. I once organized all my mother's archie comics according to the little numbers on the spine, and she has A LOT of them. The question of whether any of this stays organized, is well, depressing. I misplace things frequently. I have to pay attention to be neat.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I tend to look for information that supports it, i think.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself
The word harmony in this context kind of confuses me, so I’m going to translate it as inner peace and hope that that’s correct. Hmm, this one took some thought, because I do value group harmony, but I think that I’m most comfortable when I’m staying true to myself. If I don’t feel comfortable enough to be myself its more disruptive to my mood than say, if other people are visibly upset (not to say that I don’t feel bad for them, but it’s a different kind of bad.)

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
This one’s a little tricky. If someone’s asking me how I feel about something, I’ll pause before I speak, but mostly my thought process is subconscious. Sometimes I don’t fully know what I think of something until I’m actually speaking. So I tend to think as I’m speaking. To be honest I don’t have a huge preference in terms talking to groups or one-on-one. It depends on the topic. Going in depth on a something is much easier when you’re only speaking to one person, but group discussion is useful for generating ideas. Though, if I had to choose, I’d probably say one-on-one is preferable.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to look before I leap most of the time, although I am pretty spontaneous and occasionally impulsive. I’m also pretty impatient as well, if “looking” takes too long, I’m liable to just shrug and start “leaping”.
I do believe that actions speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Depends how I feel. I’m quite the homebody (mostly because I’m too lazy to go get dressed, put on make-up etc), so I’d probably stay home.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I tend to get really flustered and try to do a million things at once, but I’ll stop doing one thing half way and then start doing something else and then stop doing that and do something else etc. I have a lot of nervous energy and it shows. I can’t sit still when I’m stressed, and my attention span shrinks.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I don’t like people who are condescending or rude. I don’t like people who act entitled to certain things because of who they are. I don’t like people who take their anger out on others.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like talking about people, but not in a gossipy sense. I like talking about body language, personality, nature vs nurture, things like that. I like talking about things that shape western society. How Western Popular Culture effects globalization. Future technology and where I think it’ll go next. Parallel universes where one important event didn’t happen/went differently. Theoretical what-ifs are fun.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Like I said, I’m not terribly neat. I don’t really much attention to keeping things in order. I’m pretty terrible at every day life necessities in general to be honest. Laundry is only done on time because I’ve tried really hard to set a routine for it. I don’t pay attention to bills until I have to. I preset alarms on my phone to remind myself to make important appointments (dentist, doctor, etc) because I’d forget otherwise. I forget to buy groceries a lot. And I just eat…whenever. Schedules are wasted on me.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My bestfriend sees me as a very practical person who isn’t prone to emotional outbursts, which is kinda true but also not? I’m pretty given to making bad choices with money, so not that practical, but she’s correction about the emotions. I’m not all the given to emotional outbursts. I’m very even-tempered, and rarely visibly angry. She sees me as very honest and very objective in that I can show her sides of an argument that she wouldn’t have otherwise thought about.

My other friends would probably call me introverted because im not all that keen on going out and I don’t love meeting new people or going to clubs. I think I’m probably introverted, but I don’t think that has much to do with my aversion to clubs. I have some social anxiety with meeting new people, but I’m actually pretty relaxed when I do, even if I wouldn’t say I’m entirely myself –I try to get a feel for their personality before I get weird and I try to balance how extroverted or introverted they are.

My friends say that I can come off kind of serious sometimes but that I also have a very silly side that frequently shows as well, which I do, and it does. I’d say that my sense of humour is one of my most prominent traits, whether I’m feeling silly or not. It’s usually either wry or absurdist. I’ve also been called witty (although typing that sounds kind of egotistical) because I’m quite good at word play (puns and the like) and have a good sense of comedic timing. Other words they’ve called me include: contemplative. Difficult to read. Warm but not touchy or especially emotional. Playful. Sometimes childish.

My bestfriend would never call me over the top, I’m pretty measured in all my outward emotions. I rarely ever loose my temper or cry in public.

(Special thanks to my friends for answering this for me :p)

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I’m going to chill at home on the computer. Read some articles, watch a bunch of youtube videos relevant to my interests. Maybe try write a short story. Read a book. Do a gigsaw puzzle (I love gigsaw puzzles). Play minesweeper (I’ve just learned how to play properly and I’m addicted). If the youtube video or article has a point that I find especially interesting, I’ll call my friends to discuss it and use that as an opportunity to ask them how they’re doing. I’ll…try to watch a movie, but I mostly fail at watching movies outside the cinema. I don’t have the patience to watch a movie on the computer by myself because I usually end up pausing it half way through to do something else. Sometimes because a scene in the movie got my imagination going, or just because I thought of something else that I wanted to do.

Oh and I’d listen to music in between all those activities. I love music.

Thanks for reading all that. Your thoughts are appreciated :)

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thread: I've typed myself as an INFP...What do you think?
I think it's perfectly ok for you to label yourself as whatever type you wish...

Krys

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well sure, but I'd like to be accurate about it :huh:

I'd say you sound INFP to me. As for being ENFP, you don't seem to have that hyper energy ENFPs exhibit. Your writing and thought process seems calmer. I'm really new at typing but from the NFP's I've encountered Es and Is have a different writing style but I feel I'm not able to point out the distinctive subtleties, only the overall energy each conveys in the structure and flow of their posts.