• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please type me?

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
'sup boiz.

I'm after some help typing myself, this shit has been doing my head in for like 2 months now.
I've legit thought I was a load of different types at some point over the last two months.

So I'm in need of some real help, the most recent test I took was the Flow Type test thing on Erik Thors website which gave me ENTP:
Your Flow Type Test (Full version) - Erik Thor

I actually test relatively consistently as an INFJ, and tested as an INFJ on the official site, but sometimes, I feel like I'm a bit too WTF to be an INFJ, not to mention I'm nowhere near the empath the descriptors make them out to be.

So, I stole this from [MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION]

During work, group activities, etc. what role do you often gravitate to?

I gravitate to something I can do on my own, preferably. I've never been in a supervisory position, so no idea how I'd enjoy that.
I find myself constantly thinking up better ways of doing things, ideas for the company I'm working for etc.. like.. new sales techniques, or things that would let us e-mail people ourselves, alternate ways to close sales, or at a previous job, I'd think of different ways to upsell or ways for employees to bypass business rules, and I'd actually go so far as to write them up and let my superiors know which rules I deemed to be terrible.

I do prefer working on my own, but yeah. I'm not entirely sure how to approach this question.

If forced into a group, I would gravitate towards wanting to think up the best ways forward, and I wouldn't be afraid of getting my hands dirty and leading the way in that regard.
I'd like to be in a position where I can think up great new ideas and have them come to fruition in a way that works for everyone - i.e take everyones ideas on board, and then sort of synthesize it all into a killer way forward.

A real world example of me in a group activity environment is perhaps basketball - I'd always want to be the one to take the shot, or if someone else has proved themselves to be a better shot, I'd want to focus on getting the ball to them.

In video games, I wind up taking a healer/protector type roll, where I help people achieve goals i.e using a Priest, or being a Sniper.

What habits/traits are you often criticized over by those closest to you? (Give at least two examples)

Arrogance and not being able to stick to things as much as they'd like.

What values do you hold? Why?

I'm not entirely sure. I'll never do drugs or smoke.
Because they're just bad ideas.

Describe your decision making process.

Think up pros and cons, then follow my heart and throw everything I've considered out the window.

Reviewing all your enjoyable moments, what aspects often made them worthwhile?

Real connections. Marrying my wife. Having our daughter. Real emotional connections to people I love.

Another thing is when I'm in the zone musically, I absolutely love that feeling of connecting with the audience in this way - you can just feel it, it's magic.
Which is weird because I'm the worlds biggest introvert. But sometimes, when you play music at a gig, it just clicks and for a moment it's like you're on another planet, it's almost a high of sorts, I would imagine.

So yeah. Even my best moments with my friends, from being a kid, would come down to those kinds of emotional connections - from trolling the police, to just playing video games with them and having a blast. Those emotional connections almost choke me up sometimes.

Do you ever want to make a difference in the world? Why/Why not? What would you do?

Absolutely. Because it's a waste of life otherwise.

I want to help people out. Help people find employment. Be a mediator. Counsellor. Social worker. That kind of thing.
I'm a telemarketer now, and as much as people would likely hate me - the feeling I get when I land a sale, and provide someone with a product I KNOW they will love and use, and definitely not regret, is just awesome. Brings me back to the connections thing.

The connections thing makes no sense in my head because I am an introvert and legit don't like small-talk on the streets etc, not much of a people person.

What traits about other people annoy you?

Fake. Bullshit artists. People who are just dumb as dogshit. Impatience annoys me - makes me wanna smack people up, which is funny because I can get impatient myself.
But out of everything, it's fake.

I can see through people like glass and when I know someone is dodgy.. yeah, I'm on to them, and won't like them, ever.
I won't ever see them as anything but a manipulative bullshit artist.

Anyway, any help would be awesome!
I want to know because I want to basically use this typing stuff to better myself in all aspects of my life, it's for self-development.

I find it annoying because it can get confusing, loads of descriptions are very abstract and everyone seems to have their own meaning for functions, which pisses me right the hell off.
I resonate with loads of different types and functions and could make a compelling argument for pretty much every function being in my stack.

This is why I've come here for help, because I'm obviously messing up somewhere.

Cheers!

NinjaKristi

MBTI Type
INTJ
It sounds to me like you're INXJ. The T/F one might be a borderline trait for you. Having borderline traits can make it hard to get a clear answer from the tests.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It sounds to me like you're INXJ. The T/F one might be a borderline trait for you. Having borderline traits can make it hard to get a clear answer from the tests.

Cheers mate, but having a borderline trait means the cognitive functions are all out of whack.. it's like.. Fe-Ti or Te-Fi.. confusing.

NinjaKristi

MBTI Type
INTJ
Understood. But some people really are borderline & if that's the case, your functions might be in a unique order or arrangement & not line up perfectly with any of the 16 types.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Understood. But some people really are borderline & if that's the case, your functions might be in a unique order or arrangement & not line up perfectly with any of the 16 types.

Yeah, you're probably right. That makes it hard to know what areas might be natural strengths for self improvement though.

And how would I even work on Ni?

I feel like Ne would be easier to develop.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think INFJ fits you well. I saw the Fe-Ti axis. That "WTF" you mention may be your Ti. I've considered ENFJ too but unsure.

I was wondering. Can you post your results from these two tests?

Keys2cognition
Keirsey/Jung

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think INFJ fits you well. I saw the Fe-Ti axis. That "WTF" you mention may be your Ti. I've considered ENFJ too but unsure. I was wondering. Can you post your results from these two tests? Keys2cognition Keirsey/Jung
Hey cheers for responding, hope you didn't mind me stealing your prototype test.. I took both tests, and funnily enough the functions are in almost the same order yet I've been given different results, here's a link

cognition and keirsey/Jung test - Album on Imgur

I get Ni-Ne-Fe-Ti-Fi on both but one test says INFJ, one says INTJ.. but INTJ I don't get since Te is like the last one in my stack there.
I can totally see an argument for ENTP from that as well.

I didn't realise Ti can get a bit wtf - in what way?

My Enneagram is type 9 fwiw.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey cheers for responding, hope you didn't mind me stealing your prototype test..
It's okay, just pay the royalties ;)

But seriously, I say INFJ. I don't know how it registered INTJ for the second test, seems pretty INFJ to me. You could be ENTP, but I doubt it. If you want to double check yourself, here's a good post of the drives of the dom/aux functions. Functions, and how they work

Oh, a Ti "WTF" would be like "are you that dumb!" or "did you really say something that stupid? That's not going to work!"

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's okay, just pay the royalties ;)

But seriously, I say INFJ. I don't know how it registered INTJ for the second test, seems pretty INFJ to me. You could be ENTP, but I doubt it. If you want to double check yourself, here's a good post of the drives of the dom/aux functions. Functions, and how they work

Oh, a Ti "WTF" would be like "are you that dumb!" or "did you really say something that stupid? That's not going to work!"

Yeah that link is solid, cool read.

I feel like I resonate with Ni+Fe and Ne+Ti equally, above all others.
I don't resonate with INTJ because I don't resonate with Te, though I return pretty high thinker results probably due to Ti.

I guess I'll just flip a coin, haha.

Rouskyrie

'sup boiz.

I'm after some help typing myself, this shit has been doing my head in for like 2 months now.
I've legit thought I was a load of different types at some point over the last two months.

So I'm in need of some real help, the most recent test I took was the Flow Type test thing on Erik Thors website which gave me ENTP:
Your Flow Type Test (Full version) - Erik Thor

I actually test relatively consistently as an INFJ, and tested as an INFJ on the official site, but sometimes, I feel like I'm a bit too WTF to be an INFJ, not to mention I'm nowhere near the empath the descriptors make them out to be.

So, I stole this from [MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION]

During work, group activities, etc. what role do you often gravitate to?

I gravitate to something I can do on my own, preferably. I've never been in a supervisory position, so no idea how I'd enjoy that.
I find myself constantly thinking up better ways of doing things, ideas for the company I'm working for etc.. like.. new sales techniques, or things that would let us e-mail people ourselves, alternate ways to close sales, or at a previous job, I'd think of different ways to upsell or ways for employees to bypass business rules, and I'd actually go so far as to write them up and let my superiors know which rules I deemed to be terrible.

I do prefer working on my own, but yeah. I'm not entirely sure how to approach this question.

If forced into a group, I would gravitate towards wanting to think up the best ways forward, and I wouldn't be afraid of getting my hands dirty and leading the way in that regard.
I'd like to be in a position where I can think up great new ideas and have them come to fruition in a way that works for everyone - i.e take everyones ideas on board, and then sort of synthesize it all into a killer way forward.

A real world example of me in a group activity environment is perhaps basketball - I'd always want to be the one to take the shot, or if someone else has proved themselves to be a better shot, I'd want to focus on getting the ball to them.

In video games, I wind up taking a healer/protector type roll, where I help people achieve goals i.e using a Priest, or being a Sniper.

What habits/traits are you often criticized over by those closest to you? (Give at least two examples)

Arrogance and not being able to stick to things as much as they'd like.

What values do you hold? Why?

I'm not entirely sure. I'll never do drugs or smoke.
Because they're just bad ideas.

Describe your decision making process.

Think up pros and cons, then follow my heart and throw everything I've considered out the window.

Reviewing all your enjoyable moments, what aspects often made them worthwhile?

Real connections. Marrying my wife. Having our daughter. Real emotional connections to people I love.

Another thing is when I'm in the zone musically, I absolutely love that feeling of connecting with the audience in this way - you can just feel it, it's magic.
Which is weird because I'm the worlds biggest introvert. But sometimes, when you play music at a gig, it just clicks and for a moment it's like you're on another planet, it's almost a high of sorts, I would imagine.

So yeah. Even my best moments with my friends, from being a kid, would come down to those kinds of emotional connections - from trolling the police, to just playing video games with them and having a blast. Those emotional connections almost choke me up sometimes.

Do you ever want to make a difference in the world? Why/Why not? What would you do?

Absolutely. Because it's a waste of life otherwise.

I want to help people out. Help people find employment. Be a mediator. Counsellor. Social worker. That kind of thing.
I'm a telemarketer now, and as much as people would likely hate me - the feeling I get when I land a sale, and provide someone with a product I KNOW they will love and use, and definitely not regret, is just awesome. Brings me back to the connections thing.

The connections thing makes no sense in my head because I am an introvert and legit don't like small-talk on the streets etc, not much of a people person.

What traits about other people annoy you?

Fake. Bullshit artists. People who are just dumb as dogshit. Impatience annoys me - makes me wanna smack people up, which is funny because I can get impatient myself.
But out of everything, it's fake.

I can see through people like glass and when I know someone is dodgy.. yeah, I'm on to them, and won't like them, ever.
I won't ever see them as anything but a manipulative bullshit artist.

Anyway, any help would be awesome!
I want to know because I want to basically use this typing stuff to better myself in all aspects of my life, it's for self-development.

I find it annoying because it can get confusing, loads of descriptions are very abstract and everyone seems to have their own meaning for functions, which pisses me right the hell off.
I resonate with loads of different types and functions and could make a compelling argument for pretty much every function being in my stack.

This is why I've come here for help, because I'm obviously messing up somewhere.

Cheers!

I'm thinking that your most likely type is either INTJ or ENTP, given that you seem to be someone with strong intuition and thinking functions.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm. INFJ with a 9 type is interesting, but possible. Not all the types are in neat little boxes waiting to be assigned.

You seem really chill. I too know the feeling of questioning your type and it bugging you. You definitely sound like an INFJ, especially going with the heart and throwing all the other options out the window.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm thinking that your most likely type is either INTJ or ENTP, given that you seem to be someone with strong intuition and thinking functions.

Cheers mate. INTJ I don't really relate to because of the Te.
ENTP is funny, because in theory it's supposed to be an entirely different type of intuition, Ne v Ni, but I feel like I relate to both very strongly, and can actually give examples of both in 'real life'.

I feel like I live my life in Ni+Fe, yet if something sparks up my interests, like music or something, I switch over to Ne+Ti and get far more excitable, upbeat, optimistic, creative etc.

My function stack, as I relate to them, would be like.. Ni, Ne, Fe-Ti, Fi, Se, Te, Si in that order, and Fe and Ti are IMO, of equal value and importance to me.

So that makes it confusing for anyone into function theory because.. Ni and Ne shouldn't be that high in the same person, should be one or the other to 'fit' a type, having Fe-Ti underneath them provides support for both INFJ and ENTP as they both have Fe-Ti as their aux and tert functions, just the other way around for ENTP (Ti-Fe).

So it's like. Where to go from there. I think for me, best way forward is likely to work on things that can work on my intuition, since that's apparently where I get my energy and motivation from. No point working on functions that don't energise me.

Anyway sorry for rambling mate. Just things that popped in my head.

Hmm. INFJ with a 9 type is interesting, but possible. Not all the types are in neat little boxes waiting to be assigned.

You seem really chill. I too know the feeling of questioning your type and it bugging you. You definitely sound like an INFJ, especially going with the heart and throwing all the other options out the window.

Cheers for the reply mate, yeah I do go with my heart every time.
I do also weigh up pros and cons, but I'll throw 'em all aside for what my heart/gut tells me is the right decision.

It's funny because when I'm energised, and on the ball with something, I can do the pros and cons thing in real-time, instantly.
When it's like everyday life.. work, chores, just general stuff I'm not overly motivated by, like finances etc, then it's like.. time to pull out the notepad and pen and go through it all bit by bit.

I feel like a total contradiction, somewhere between INFJ and ENTP which makes no sense. I'm definitely an introvert so by definition, that would rule out ENTP.
But the functions tells me otherwise, as I relate to Ne (and, Ni) very very much.

Asides from getting a bit confused and WTF'd at this function theory stuff lately, yeah I'm a really chilled dude.
I can't ever recall a time where I got 'angry' or all worked up, lol. I actually find that stuff kinda funny. :/

Why did not knowing your type bug you?

Why are you interested in personality type theory?

sophiabrown

Honestly, none of those questions or answers do much to actually dig deep into your personality type. The only questions that fits into the mold of learning your type is what is your decision making process, but your answer doesn't do much in explaining which functions you use so...

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Cheers mate. INTJ I don't really relate to because of the Te.
ENTP is funny, because in theory it's supposed to be an entirely different type of intuition, Ne v Ni, but I feel like I relate to both very strongly, and can actually give examples of both in 'real life'.

I feel like I live my life in Ni+Fe, yet if something sparks up my interests, like music or something, I switch over to Ne+Ti and get far more excitable, upbeat, optimistic, creative etc.

My function stack, as I relate to them, would be like.. Ni, Ne, Fe-Ti, Fi, Se, Te, Si in that order, and Fe and Ti are IMO, of equal value and importance to me.

So that makes it confusing for anyone into function theory because.. Ni and Ne shouldn't be that high in the same person, should be one or the other to 'fit' a type, having Fe-Ti underneath them provides support for both INFJ and ENTP as they both have Fe-Ti as their aux and tert functions, just the other way around for ENTP (Ti-Fe).

So it's like. Where to go from there. I think for me, best way forward is likely to work on things that can work on my intuition, since that's apparently where I get my energy and motivation from. No point working on functions that don't energise me.

Anyway sorry for rambling mate. Just things that popped in my head.

Cheers for the reply mate, yeah I do go with my heart every time.
I do also weigh up pros and cons, but I'll throw 'em all aside for what my heart/gut tells me is the right decision.

It's funny because when I'm energised, and on the ball with something, I can do the pros and cons thing in real-time, instantly.
When it's like everyday life.. work, chores, just general stuff I'm not overly motivated by, like finances etc, then it's like.. time to pull out the notepad and pen and go through it all bit by bit.

I feel like a total contradiction, somewhere between INFJ and ENTP which makes no sense. I'm definitely an introvert so by definition, that would rule out ENTP.
But the functions tells me otherwise, as I relate to Ne (and, Ni) very very much.

Asides from getting a bit confused and WTF'd at this function theory stuff lately, yeah I'm a really chilled dude.
I can't ever recall a time where I got 'angry' or all worked up, lol. I actually find that stuff kinda funny. :/

Why did not knowing your type bug you?

Why are you interested in personality type theory?

Not knowing my type bothered me because it just, I don't know. Seeing my type sort of helps make sense of things, I guess. I'm interested in this theory because I learn a lot about myself and others, through it. It's a good way to connect.