• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help with Type (Te-Fi or Ti-Fe)

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Te-Fi definitely. It kind of shows up throughout your questionnaire, but becomes very evident in question 6: "I'd weigh it against what I perceive to be true, how it can be used and also how it might also make me a better person." What you internally feel is true? To make you a better person? That's Fi. Fi get's it's morals from what it believes is correct and supports these judgement with facts and figures from the outside world (Te), Fe gets them from what society values and what makes logical sense to them (Ti). You sound like you value Ne, and especially since your contemplating ESTJ and INTP, both which have inferior feeling functions, I'd suggest you might be an ESTJ. If you'd like a more detailed explanation I'd be happy to provide one.

stealthcamo

Enneagram
Thanks, I'd like to see what you can infer my questionnaire. The reason I doubted ESTJ at first was because I don't really fit what Te-dom is in my opinion.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually looking back at the questionnaire, perhaps ISTJ is more possible. I see a lot of Te-Fi though

"On the inside my I would say that is false. Depending on how incorrect I think my friend is I will just tell them bluntly that I disagree. If not, I usually take the more diplomatic approach and tackle the disagreement indirectly. I might throw out evidence or a study that might help suggest my point without me ever actually saying it. I want to give my friend another perspective to think about. If the topic was something political in nature, for example, I would reference modern data and models that support my beliefs, but also what I consider ethical." - Your approach to this argument is typical of high Te users, especially your reference to modern data in order to prove correctness. Ti is more theoretical in it's approach. In blue shows a secondary importance to your internal ethical code, Fi.

"I just try to be as logically consistent as possible. I want to make sure that what I believe is true or at least makes sense - to the best of my ability. That also ties into with my open mindedness, anything that helps me look at the world in a different way is very appreciated. I want as many ways to see the world as possible in order to see how the entire world is connected. I see the world as a giant machine(?), in that everything from business, culture, science etc. all intersect with each other on so many different levels and I am fascinated by it. Everything comes together to create the world that we experience. I often see myself as an observer of the world instead of a participant of it." The green applies to typical Te phrasing. In purple however is a reference to Ne. You enjoy finding the connections that exist in the world, which in context of the rest of your questionnaire could apply as your asperational function (aka inferior function) or as a developing tertiary function. The last line sort of sounds like enneagram 5. You could always be a 593 ESTJ, which would be more passive and withdrawn than your typical ESTJ.

"a) Any activity where I can just think a lot and learn more about the world or any activity that will allow me to have noticeable skill increase over time. It's satisfying knowing I put time it something and I am getting something back out of it.
b.) Mundane and repetitive tasks that could have been spent doing something more worthwhile." - A relates back to Te. You love learning, but you desire to apply what you learn in the form of a skill. The bold furthers that point. B can relate back to Te for some extent, but it also hints at a higher usage of Ne than just inferior. You seem to use a lot of Te and a bit of Ne, so I feel like ESTJ might fit.

"I'm probably not a typical Te-dom user or ESTJ. I am not a workaholic, don't prefer to lead unless I have to, and I am fairly non-traditional. I can relate to inferior Fi, but something people see in me to be xSTJ that I don't. Tbh, the xSTJ descriptions online tend to not be that great." -An atypical enneagram stacking might contribute to your difficulty relating to SJ descriptions, (although to be honest the descriptions online are very poorly written). STJ descriptions are tailored to 513/613 enneagram users because those are the most typical, and I think I do see more 9 influence in your writing than 1.

Hopefully that helped a little

stealthcamo

Enneagram
I meant to add more information before you replied lol.

Some more information I can provide:

1.) I like to have the fundamentals down when learning something new. A bad foundation only gets more noticeable over time.
2.) I often ask myself 'Why'? or "How?"
3.) Over the past few years I've learned that myself, and people in general, are very susceptible to being very logically inconsistent. So I put more time into things like sciences where those topics at hand have been tested and verified so many times, that they seem more trustworthy.
4.) I am not very organized in my opinion, certainly more than some people I know, but I would be called messy by certain friends and family.
5.) More of a "play, then work" person. Once I get going it's hard for me to stop.
6.) When stressed, I tend to point the finger at myself first for a problem(even if I have nothing to do with it) and I can get very angry because of it. I become very impatient just wanting to im I also can completely shutdown and remove myself from other people for feeling so inadequate, since I feel that I am just disappointing everyone and being a nuisance to them.
7.) Politcally, I am very left wing by US standards. Ideally, everyone should be treated equally until proven otherwise and have equal opportunities. In practice the world of politics is dirty and sometimes you have to set aside your ideals for the greater good. It is admirable to have something to fight for, but fighting over who is more 'pure' is stupid ,quite frankly, a waste of time, and get us nowhere.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can see where you get INTP from, but I'm pretty sure you use Te-Fi over Ti-Fe. I think it is most probable (at least from what I'm getting from this) that you are an ISTJ type 9 (95x), or at least an ISTJ with a significant 9 fix. I don't always like combining theories when doing typing like this, but in this case I think it will be helpful to do so. It would explain your deviance from typical descriptors of SJ types (If I am right about you being an SJ type, which I may not be).

As I mentioned before, typical ISTJ descriptions are based off the more common 1 fix, since type 1 aligns with Te typically. Te heavy ISTJs (1 fix) will be focused on rationality, self control, and their beliefs, which can in turn make them appear more rigid in their ideas and less accepting of other perspectives. This is your typical workaholic, competency oriented and organized ISTJ. An ISTJ with a 9 fix, however, will be more Si heavy (comfort oriented). ISTJ type 9 will be more relaxed in nature, and has a tendency towards laziness rather than competency/organization. Being less rigid than a type one, they will be more open minded when it comes to perspectives and more focused on accommodation. They may also be significantly less assertive. Combined with a 5 fix, this would create a "thinker" mentality, one who is curious, predictive, and seeking knowledge. 9 is most common among IP types, but also not rare among SJ types, but because it is less prominent, would be less commonly included in descriptions of SJ types.

I could be completely off though, as there were a couple of things here that reminded me of me, and I am a NP who originally typed as an SJ type. I'd be curious to see what other's perspectives are on this. Anyways, this is what I got from what you added:
1.) I like to have the fundamentals down when learning something new. A bad foundation only gets more noticeable over time.
Strikes me as pi dom (Si/Ni)
2.) I often ask myself 'Why'? or "How?"
Need more context to decide on which cognitive function is used here, but this is typically attributed to high Ne or high T.
3.) Over the past few years I've learned that myself, and people in general, are very susceptible to being very logically inconsistent. So I put more time into things like sciences where those topics at hand have been tested and verified so many times, that they seem more trustworthy.
Your phrasing here is very typical of TJ types in general. The second sounds like Si-Te dynamics, trusted, proven and outside (objective) data.
4.) I am not very organized in my opinion, certainly more than some people I know, but I would be called messy by certain friends and family.
You don't lead with Te then I guess. Your either Pi dom with currently developing je functions or a perciever.
5.) More of a "play, then work" person. Once I get going it's hard for me to stop.
Not typical of TJ types, but typical of type 9s.
6.) When stressed, I tend to point the finger at myself first for a problem(even if I have nothing to do with it) and I can get very angry because of it. I become very impatient just wanting to im I also can completely shutdown and remove myself from other people for feeling so inadequate, since I feel that I am just disappointing everyone and being a nuisance to them.
Very typical of Fi users. Also sounds type 9.
7.) Politcally, I am very left wing by US standards. Ideally, everyone should be treated equally until proven otherwise and have equal opportunities. In practice the world of politics is dirty and sometimes you have to set aside your ideals for the greater good. It is admirable to have something to fight for, but fighting over who is more 'pure' is stupid ,quite frankly, a waste of time, and get us nowhere.
If you use Fi it isn't that high in your stack, although admittedly this is more of a common belief for Fe users. While political left leaning is more prominent among N types, it isn't that uncommon among S types.