• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENTJ, ESTJ, or ENFJ?

DizzleMaster

Hey everyone,

For the past few months I've been on a quest to find my personality type. I've been studying the cognitive functions (although I don't really understand them all that well yet) and I've taken a lot of test and they've given me these personality types:

On the 16 Personalities website, it gave me -> ENTJ or ENFP
On the similar minds website, the cognitive functions test gave me -> INTP or ESTJ
The other similar minds test (Jung + Ennegram) gave me -> ENTJ or ENFJ
Personality Jacker and Personalit Junkie test gave me -> ENTJ or ENFJ
Celebrity types Cognitive Functions Test -> INTJ or INFJ

Here are some personality traits about myself:

- My life is fairly organized. I have a calendar that has all my future tasks and events, and I a drawer full of plans (for example plans for traveling, plans for getting good grades at school, plans on how to do well at work, etc). I can surivive a one week to a month without planning and doing things, but after that my lifes feels like it's turning to chaos, and then I amd forced back to organized my things
- My life goals are based on what inspiration I don't expect to complete them until WAY in the future. All my life goals revolve around the fact of proving people that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. Some of my goals include making six figures a month all the way to inventing a new open world styled video game.
- When making decisions on a day to day basis, I usually write down what I am going to do for the day on a notebook. I tend to get VERY annoyed when anyone / any situation arises that stops me from accomplishing my task. Also, I make decisions based on what is the most logicial and effective decision to help accomplish my agenda and my goals.
- I am usually a very tolerant person when I am letting loose and having fun, but when it comes to work and getting my agenda completed I tend to become VERY MAD
- I LOVE learning and figuring out how the world works, but as much as I love learning, I belive that knowledge is wasted if you don't take action for it. I can't stand to see someone who has all these great ideas but is not putting any effort to making them come true. As a result, I strive to making my hopes and dreams come true every day.
- I CARE about people and my friends - I want to help people and the world. I spend a lot of hours volunteering and organizing outreach programs at my Robotics club just for the sake of helping people. When I am with friends I am easy going and I don't tend to get mad very easily. I usually don't tend to talk about my emotions or my personal life unless someone asks me.
- Despite being organized I have a fairly big problem for procasionation , as if I see an opportunity, I would drop my things and run to it. Then later I would beat myself up for not finishing my to do list.
- I am indecisive when it comes to making decisions, as I look all sides of the equations first (it is going to benefit me, will this help me achieve my agenda, is it logical, does it follow my moral values)
- Although I may not know my personality, I am pretty sure I am an extravert. I am always the guy that plans the social events or starts the conversation I have a lot of "good friends" and a few close friends. I do not need alone time to "recharge".
- In conversations I usually ask the other person questions and listens to their response, although I do talk alot about myself.
- I have a VERY STRONG SET of moral values that tends to go against the grain of society, although I don't believe myself to be perfect and as a result I encourage critisim, as it makes me a better person.
- For some reason I CAN NEVER BE IN THE MOMENT. My head is always in the clouds, thinking about what could be what couldn't be. I think about things such as "What is the meaning of my exsistence" or thinking about if those internet conspiracies are true, etc. When I am bored I can zone out pretty quickly. As a result I always make careless mistakes, such as not stopping by the super market on the way home, for forgetting where I put my keys to the car, despite my room being organized. Only with REAL EFFORT I can be focused on the moment.
- Despite my "head in the clouds", I love exploring new things. I love traveling to new places and going on exciting adventures. I crave to do something new everyday (as long as I can put it in my schedule, of course).

I don't know much about cognitive functions, but here is what my potential functions can be based on what I know:

Ti: I love learning things for the sake of knowing more. When I am very interested in something, I have a bad habit of being obsessed with something, doing the same things over and over again and researching the hell out of it. If I really like it, I can become really invovled with the online community of a particular topic, such as what I did with video games at a younger age. I am interested in philosophy and how the world works. Despite this, I try to be more productive with my learning and I schedule when I do things (whether it be eating, sleeping, playing, or learning).

Te: As said before, I don't just want to know things; I want to put them into action! I have crazy goals I want to achieve (whether it be valedictorian or finish a marathon). I schedule most of my time so I can learn what I need to do to achieve that goal, and put ALL MY EFFORT into working to achieving that goal. I organize my priorities and my calendar very well, and I have a plan for every scenario I can think of.

Ne: I can spit out ideas faster than I can think of them. I love making connections and understanding the bigger picture. I dream of many weird possibilities, such as "what if aliens visited my home", etc. I seem to be very good at jokes, being espeically punny. da-dunce!

Ni: I'm not too sure about this cognitive function. All I can say is that I can get hunches or random inspirations, but they happen RARELY! When I'm stuck between a decisions I use my gut instinct to tell me a solution.

Se: If I were to have this function, it would be inferior. If I really enjoyed what I'm doing at the moment, I will be mindful and "livin' it". Other than that mostly I would be up in my head.

Si: I don't really pay attention to detail. I don't really remember many details about the past, unless it's really important to my life. I can be sentimental at times and I can have nostalgia for certain things I do at my childhood.

Fi: As said before: "I have a VERY STRONG SET of moral values that tends to go against the grain of society, although I don't believe myself to be perfect and as a result I encourage critisim, as it makes me a better person". Some of my values are "if someone has helped you, then it is your duty to help them back in the future", or "that taboo jokes (like racist jokes) aren't bad if they aren't meant to offend anyone". I work of living towards my moral values and strive to be the "most ideal person in my eyes".

Fe: Like with Ni, I'm not too sure what Fe means. I like group harmony at times. I think that I have a Fi rather than Fe, but I am willing to compromise for the sake of making everyone happy if need be.

Sorry for the extremely long post and if I wasted your time. I would mean A LOT if you can determine my personality from here. I hope that I've given you more than enough information.

Thank you,

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
ENTJ or ENFP? Those are very different.

DizzleMaster

I don't know - that's what it gave me when I took it. A couple years back it put me as ENFP; now it either puts me as ENTJ or ENFJ.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Either ESTJ or ENFP. You don't use Fe-Ti or Se-Ni. I see usage of Ne, Te, and Fi, but not so much Si, so maybe ENFP would fit best unless I'm missing something, which I have a feeling I am

- My life is fairly organized. I have a calendar that has all my future tasks and events, and I a drawer full of plans (for example plans for traveling, plans for getting good grades at school, plans on how to do well at work, etc). I can surivive a one week to a month without planning and doing things, but after that my lifes feels like it's turning to chaos, and then I amd forced back to organized my things
Suggestive that you have a strong judging function (Te/Fe) in aux or dom position

- My life goals are based on what inspiration I don't expect to complete them until WAY in the future. All my life goals revolve around the fact of proving people that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. Some of my goals include making six figures a month all the way to inventing a new open world styled video game.
You are a J type, as this also suggests a high functioning Pi function. Sort of sounds like the Ne-Si axis

- When making decisions on a day to day basis, I usually write down what I am going to do for the day on a notebook. I tend to get VERY annoyed when anyone / any situation arises that stops me from accomplishing my task. Also, I make decisions based on what is the most logicial and effective decision to help accomplish my agenda and my goals.
Your so organized. Still suggestive that you use Fe/Te in dom/aux position, but I have the feeling you are on the Te-Fi axis

- I LOVE learning and figuring out how the world works, but as much as I love learning, I belive that knowledge is wasted if you don't take action for it. I can't stand to see someone who has all these great ideas but is not putting any effort to making them come true. As a result, I strive to making my hopes and dreams come true every day.
Te, lower Ne but not inferior

- I CARE about people and my friends - I want to help people and the world. I spend a lot of hours volunteering and organizing outreach programs at my Robotics club just for the sake of helping people. When I am with friends I am easy going and I don't tend to get mad very easily. I usually don't tend to talk about my emotions or my personal life unless someone asks me.
Human focus, but is it stronger than other focuses?

- Despite being organized I have a fairly big problem for procasionation , as if I see an opportunity, I would drop my things and run to it. Then later I would beat myself up for not finishing my to do list.
Ne presence

- I am indecisive when it comes to making decisions, as I look all sides of the equations first (it is going to benefit me, will this help me achieve my agenda, is it logical, does it follow my moral values)
Ne, Te-Fi axis. It's weird that I haven't seen much Si yet (except for maybe the lists but technically that's not strong evidence)

- For some reason I CAN NEVER BE IN THE MOMENT. My head is always in the clouds, thinking about what could be what couldn't be. I think about things such as "What is the meaning of my exsistence" or thinking about if those internet conspiracies are true, etc. When I am bored I can zone out pretty quickly. As a result I always make careless mistakes, such as not stopping by the super market on the way home, for forgetting where I put my keys to the car, despite my room being organized. Only with REAL EFFORT I can be focused on the moment.
This was described in a way that would either suggest inferior Si or high Te...

- Despite my "head in the clouds", I love exploring new things. I love traveling to new places and going on exciting adventures. I crave to do something new everyday (as long as I can put it in my schedule, of course).
Ne presence, sounds like tertiary Ne though

Ti: I love learning things for the sake of knowing more. When I am very interested in something, I have a bad habit of being obsessed with something, doing the same things over and over again and researching the hell out of it. If I really like it, I can become really invovled with the online community of a particular topic, such as what I did with video games at a younger age. I am interested in philosophy and how the world works. Despite this, I try to be more productive with my learning and I schedule when I do things (whether it be eating, sleeping, playing, or learning).
This is more Ne, not Ti

Te: As said before, I don't just want to know things; I want to put them into action! I have crazy goals I want to achieve (whether it be valedictorian or finish a marathon). I schedule most of my time so I can learn what I need to do to achieve that goal, and put ALL MY EFFORT into working to achieving that goal. I organize my priorities and my calendar very well, and I have a plan for every scenario I can think of.

Ne: I can spit out ideas faster than I can think of them. I love making connections and understanding the bigger picture. I dream of many weird possibilities, such as "what if aliens visited my home", etc. I seem to be very good at jokes, being espeically punny. da-dunce!
You make a stronger case for Te rather than Ne

Se: If I were to have this function, it would be inferior. If I really enjoyed what I'm doing at the moment, I will be mindful and "livin' it". Other than that mostly I would be up in my head.
Mildly suggestive that you are Je dom, but then again, maybe not

Si: I don't really pay attention to detail. I don't really remember many details about the past, unless it's really important to my life. I can be sentimental at times and I can have nostalgia for certain things I do at my childhood.
This really isn't Si, but I don't think I could give you a better explanation

Fi: As said before: "I have a VERY STRONG SET of moral values that tends to go against the grain of society, although I don't believe myself to be perfect and as a result I encourage critisim, as it makes me a better person". Some of my values are "if someone has helped you, then it is your duty to help them back in the future", or "that taboo jokes (like racist jokes) aren't bad if they aren't meant to offend anyone". I work of living towards my moral values and strive to be the "most ideal person in my eyes".
Typical of the Te-Fi axis. Again though, you seem to use this function, which doesn't support you being an ESTJ