• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WHO wants to give a go at helping type me? (again) (This is a questionnaire)

Yay

MBTI Type
INFP
I still can't find my own type..now I realize being self-aware is key, but I can't interpret cognitive functions the way other people seem to be able to.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type? Every aspect basically. I try to think logically first, but my emotional reactions usually come first naturally, I have emotional outbursts and once I sit to think my logic kicks in. I read functions and I can't decide which ones I relate to more, or which one I act like more.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? I yearn to be successful, the kind of person people aspire to be like. Because I being successful makes me feel like I have a purpose.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way. I feel at my finest when I am completely honest about the way I feel and think with people. Like, I can talk about exactly how I feel or think without being afraid of the consequences, I say everything that's on my mind and I don't have any secrets. Or i'm not holding back my feelings, I just let them spill out freely. Problem is it usually bears negative consequences.

4) What makes you feel inferior? I feel inferior to people easily because i'm always envious of other personality traits, only slightly, not to a destructive extent , but just people being better then me at something makes me feel inferior.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) The future consequences of the decision I have to make. I generally weigh out pros and cons of each option. I'm not good at making decisions, I either come to a decision right away or I can't make one at all.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? When I want to learn something new...I let it come to me naturally and usually I don't keep interest for a long time, I get really excited about it and then once I start to learn it I get bored and move on with something else. If it's educational, I usually just research it , although i'm very cynical about resources so I like to test drive education concepts on my own before trusting the internet.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as? I'm not organized, I like planning out meetings and I like to know what thins are going to happen before they do (it makes me feel calm and in control) but other than that I'm very messy, I don't keep any papers organized in school, it's been one of my biggest downfalls.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? Usually I just look for evidence to support an idea, and then evaluate it to see if it makes any sense to me.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?I don't think people belong in certain groups, and I don't like to put myself in a box. Of course I'm going to be myself, if I don't be who I am i'm lying to other people and creating misconceptions. I would hope everyone is doing fine, but if they don't want my help then it's not my problem. Sometimes when I really admire someone I may slightly compromise about what I believe in, but usually i'm pretty straightforward about my beliefs as I don't care if it bothers other people.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? I prefer one on one, crowds intimidate me, I think a lot about what I am going to say before I say it.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? I think life is too short to look before leaping, I like to go into action right away because usually waiting just makes me more anxious. Words can mean a lot of they are spoken truly, but actions show that a person can follow through with what they say which is what's most important..

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? People who can't think independently, people who aren't honest, people who aren't themselves, people who try too hard to get attention..

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
4w3 and 9w1. Double withdrawn. Both influence your personality. I want to say 9w1 first and label you as a seeker. This would explain your desire to be 'honest with yourself' while also explaining things like... the jealousy of other personality traits-(though in a different way this can be a 4 thing too...) and your answers to #5 and number 8.

So I think you are an IXFP 9w1 4w3 6w(unsure). sx/sp

Yay

MBTI Type
INFP
4w3 and 9w1. Double withdrawn. Both influence your personality. I want to say 9w1 first and label you as a seeker. This would explain your desire to be 'honest with yourself' while also explaining things like... the jealousy of other personality traits-(though in a different way this can be a 4 thing too...) and your answers to #5 and number 8.

So I think you are an IXFP 9w1 4w3 6w(unsure). sx/sp

Thank you!

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thank you!

You are very welcome!

I might not be right but... your questionere is the kind I like to type. With no- hey Im this tell me Im this- going on. I dunno. Im picky about which of these threads I reply in and yeah yours is one of them.

Now less about meeee and more about you. What type DO you think you are? Which typing system is your favorite? Are you enjoying the forum so far?

Yay

MBTI Type
INFP
You are very welcome!

I might not be right but... your questionere is the kind I like to type. With no- hey Im this tell me Im this- going on. I dunno. Im picky about which of these threads I reply in and yeah yours is one of them.

Now less about meeee and more about you. What type DO you think you are? Which typing system is your favorite? Are you enjoying the forum so far?

I think because the cognitive functions seem more precise to me, I really like that aspect of personality typing. As far as my MBTI, when I first started I thought I was INTJ (I wasn't) that was a couple of years ago though. I was questioning on whether or not i'm ISFP, INFP, and I think for a little bit I questioned INTP and I also thought I was ENFP for like half-a- year but there's no way i'm extroverted. I've been going back to IxFP quite frequently , so you might be right.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think because the cognitive functions seem more precise to me, I really like that aspect of personality typing. As far as my MBTI, when I first started I thought I was INTJ (I wasn't) that was a couple of years ago though. I was questioning on whether or not i'm ISFP, INFP, and I think for a little bit I questioned INTP and I also thought I was ENFP for like half-a- year but there's no way i'm extroverted. I've been going back to IxFP quite frequently , so you might be right.

In what way does your thinking method and way of life conflict with that of the society you live in? Or would conflict if you had the chance?

Yay

MBTI Type
INFP
In what way does your thinking method and way of life conflict with that of the society you live in? Or would conflict if you had the chance?

Hmm..my thinking method is generally that everything is theoretical, I don't see the world from as much of a practical point of view as the society i'm surrounded by. I don't really come to solid answers for questions, because I always focus on how things can change at anytime. To be honest, i'm not very in tune with society around me at all. I don't tune in to the people around me unless I can find a good reason to, or something about them catches my curiosity.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm..my thinking method is generally that everything is theoretical, I don't see the world from as much of a practical point of view as the society i'm surrounded by. I don't really come to solid answers for questions, because I always focus on how things can change at anytime. To be honest, i'm not very in tune with society around me at all. I don't tune in to the people around me unless I can find a good reason to, or something about them catches my curiosity.

Most likely you're the INFP type, with INTP a second possibility.