• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me confirm my MBTI type :)

BoomCha

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey there :) I am new here and would like to know how people would type me.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I come across as a very intellectual, rational individual and my friends praise my objectivity (e.g. I've recently had a friend who has no idea what MBTI is telling me that it is great talking to me because I always tell her the objective, rational thing to do when she is overwhelmed by her feelings) but I'm also highly sensitive and hypersensitive (including emotionally hypersensitive). From what I've been reading so far, it seems that those two traits are not compatible (being very pragmatic and rational is a thinker trait but I keep reading that being hypersensitive correlates with being INFx). However, I'm very logical about everything and people who have got no logic get on my nerves.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Finally being happy somewhere and the feeling of completeness.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

My last year of studies in Ireland. I graduated first of my class, got medals, I was also feeling good physically and looked the way I wanted to look. I was at my best intellectually and physically.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I'm hypersensitive and therefore, a lot of things make me feel inferior. Criticism affects me a lot. However, I do not show my emotions to anyone except people who are very close to me. Apparently though, some people have told me that they can tell when I am sad/angry/think something is dumb just by looking at my face even if I absolutely do not realise an emotion is showing on my face.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I tend to carefully research every variable before I reach a decision with objective considerations and I am the least easily influenced person ever. The only scenario in which I could change my mind is if someone brings additional data that I had not considered and which changes my conclusion.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

My emphasis is to get it done before any deadline and as perfectly as possible. Yes, I need to have control of the outcome.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I usually have to get drunk to fit in a group and have fun anywhere, otherwise I overthink and the experience is not fun. For example tonight, I went to the restaurant and got tipsy enough to still be in control but not overthink about what I say as much and I and people there laughed a lot together - that was fun but I would have stayed silent without any alcohol.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Researching it from every source I can find and then cross-examine them. If it is something I really want to learn, taking a course would come to my mind too.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I'm not the most organised person ever. I always meet deadlines and arrive on time (not early though, but on time), but I tend to do everything last minute and procrastinate. My flat can become quite messy and I will only tidy it up if someone is visiting.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I will first look for information that supports it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

By making sure that I follow what I believe and being myself 100%. I barely have any Fe.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think (a lot.. too much actually) before speaking, to the point where I am silent in group settings. One-on-one definitely, group discussions are a nightmare to me, I never manage to say anything. I'm the most introverted of introverts.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I want to know where I am jumping in most situations. Yes, actions speak more than words most of the time as most people are hypocrites.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

"Erm thanks for thinking about me, but I'm not feeling great tonight, maybe another time?" and just stay at home.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Procrastinate until the last minute if it is something I have to do. If I am really stressed out, I become very emotional and seek reassurance e.g. from my mom, start crying, thinking of self-harm etc.
When I'm not stressed out, I'm very pragmatic and objective.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I cannot stand hypocrites, idiots, people who talk a lot to say nothing, people who are mean on purpose.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

The meaning of life, psychology... Basically any deep topic that interests me.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Unsure.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

As said above, they perceive me as very objective and pragmatic, shy/introverted, knowledgeable about a lot of things, someone you can rely on. Some also tell me I seem very anxious/worried and should relax. I don't think anything is wrong. They would never say that I am very outgoing and talkative for sure.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Either staying in bed on my computer or going for a walk in a park or nice scenery on my own where there aren't too many people.

Amethyst14

I would be inclined to say you were a thinker just because you talk about researching and objectively considering data in order to make decisions. Primarily the T/F division is to do with what you assign value to; or in other words, what you consider as important when making decisions in your life. It sounds like you value logic and objectivity. Also, I agree you are an introvert. I'd suggest deep topics such as the meaning of life were probably more intuitive considerations. I'm going to say INTJ or INTP, inclining towards INTP because of inferior Fe and its impact on emotions being that they can undermine your usual logic and make things much more difficult in times of stress..that sounds a little bit like what you are describing. Anxiety is also sometimes associated with INTP's.

BoomCha

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey Amethyst :)

Thank you for your reply, this is very kind of you! That is a very interesting insight thank you. I know I have put INTJ in my profile but I actually have tested as all the INxx types in the past which is why I am still doubting, but I agree that I rely on logic rather than feelings in my opinion even though I am very sensitive inside (I tested as INFP the very first time I took the 16 personality test).
Regarding INTP v INTJ, yes, I am still not 100% sure. I thought INTJ because I have a lot of Fi and no Fe but I'm not sure about the other functions. For example, INTJ have dominant Ni, and despite reading all the Ni descriptions, I still am unsure that I have got it or not..
Thanks again :)

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You overall seem xNTJ 5w6 3w4 9w1 So/Sp as I see a lot of Te and Ni. I could also see ENTJ as another option as despire your obvious social introvertsion I think I see Te over Ni not Ni over Te plus your answer to question 4 seems inferior Fi.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You sound XXTJ. Which statement in each of the groups sounds the most like you?

Perception
A). I am focused on the tangible environment and what's currently happening / Focus on what lies beneath the surface or what is to come.
B). I am focused on the patterns and connections that the environment infers / Focus is paid to the subjective impressions of the world.

Judgement
A)I affirm what is agreeable by considering the harmonic effect on the environment / Determine what is by referencing my inner database.
B)I affirm what things are by referencing external protocol / Determine what is agreeable by looking inward to my inner values.

BoomCha

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you so much Cat Brainz and Mayflower for replying :)

You overall seem xNTJ 5w6 3w4 9w1 So/Sp as I see a lot of Te and Ni. I could also see ENTJ as another option as despire your obvious social introvertsion I think I see Te over Ni not Ni over Te plus your answer to question 4 seems inferior Fi.

Ah that is interesting, you've all got a different-ish opinion haha. I did a few cognitive functions tests, and I usually get either Fi or Ni as the dominant function: e.g. : View attachment 18653 (this one said I was likely iNTJ)
However, none of these tests has given me the same result so I guess they are quite unreliable (on another one I got INFP because of the big Fi)
I wish I was extroverted really. But I usually get 99 or 100% introverted on MBTI tests, so sadly for me it is unlikely.
Regarding the enneagram, I indeed got a very similar tritype in the tests I took, so I guess this confirms it mostly :)
Thanks again. :)

You sound XXTJ. Which statement in each of the groups sounds the most like you?

Perception
A). I am focused on the tangible environment and what's currently happening / Focus on what lies beneath the surface or what is to come.
B). I am focused on the patterns and connections that the environment infers / Focus is paid to the subjective impressions of the world.

Judgement
A)I affirm what is agreeable by considering the harmonic effect on the environment / Determine what is by referencing my inner database.
B)I affirm what things are by referencing external protocol / Determine what is agreeable by looking inward to my inner values.

Regarding "Perception", I'd answer B).
Regarding Judgement, err.. most likely B) too :)
Thanks for taking time to reply to my post :blush:

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess we narrowed it down to NT. INTJ and INTP seem to be the stated favorites so identifying the inferior should help.

Inferior Se: You're too focused on observing hidden substance of the world that you sometimes forget to take part in it.

Inferior Fe: You're a bit impersonal and sometimes (if not often) fail to take the social "temperature" into account.

Function test to help Keirsey/Jung

If you are willing to read some, here's a great thread to help. Root of the Functions

BoomCha

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION]
I got this result: View attachment 18655 :shock: I swear I am not extroverted though!
Regarding the root of the functions thread, I seem to identify more with the INTJ functions in the way they are described there :)

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, if INTJ seems right to you, it must be so! Just to be sure, hang around the other INTJs and see if your thinking patterns click.

BoomCha

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, if INTJ seems right to you, it must be so! Just to be sure, hang around the other INTJs and see if your thinking patterns click.

Thanks for all your help :) On Facebook, I seem to "click" the most with people from the INTJ group (however, there are still many who do not seem INTJ to me and who I do not get on with/do not understand the way they think, some are also very blunt, even mean, and would probably call me a p*ssy if I admitted I was emotionally sensitive, which is not something I would ever do as I'm a rather empathic person - so to that extent, I cannot relate with some of them..) - I have also joined INFP, INFJ, ENFP, INTP and ISTJ groups but I cannot relate with the people there as well. I thought I was INFP for a while, joined an INFP group, but most posts made me cringe... I could relate more to the "feeling misunderstood" INFJ posts until someone told me I had no Fe so I could not be INFJ.. Regarding the INTP group, I always end up arguing with them and mostly hate their humour and find most of their posts and discussions dumb, which is not a good sign. :D
So I guess I'll keep considering myself as an INTJ until proven otherwise.