• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't know my mbti type. Help me pleaseee

kath

Hello everyone!

I'm completely lost about my mbti type. I've taken a lot of quizzes but I feel like every type could match my personality...
I'm going to answer some questions that I've just selected on the questionnaire compilation thread.

(I am 17 btw)

What do you like/dislike most about people?

I hate when they complain about everything, when they are pessimistic in all aspects of their lives. The fact that they can't be hopeful for a second and that they never do anything to improve their situation makes me feel angry. I don't really like passivity.
I hate it when people do everything to belittle others to prove they are the best. I totally agree that we have to be confident, but belittle others is so weak to me.
I also do not like people who are not open-minded, -cruel people and those who criticize anything that does not fit in with their standards.

What do you like most about the favorite people in your life?

I like the fact that they fight for what they believe in and that they never give up on something they are passionate about. I like their imagination, bravery and humor.
I also like the discussions with them. It's always so ressourceful because it's always deep conversations.

What do you like/dislike most about yourself?

I hate the fact that I worry about everything, especially about people close to me. Sometimes I even get paranoid and I know it's not good.
Sometimes I don't say exactly what I think so it doesn't hurt other's feelings (however, I only do this with people I like, if they are unknown, I don't hesitate to give my opinion .)¨
I also feel that I'm boring when I am uncomfortable with someone.
Unconsciously, I always compare myself to others, which lowers my confidence in me. And I would like to stop that. I hate being too hard on myself, because I'm aware of it and it's bad.

What do you spend the most time thinking about?

I usually think about my future, because my worst fear is regrets. I want to do everything I want in my life and if I don't, I think it would be the greatest disapointement of my life.
I also think about my personality. I am obsessed with the desire to know myself perfectly and that my feelings or reactions make sense.
Finally, I also think about human rights and about them being respected.

What's the most recent cool thing you've learned?

That too much fluoride is bad for your health

When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
Well, if I have a little crush on someone it's usually someone I completely don't know. And yes, I'm really really shy when it comes to that. But I have to say that I don't have a lot of crushes because I feel like I need to wait to have the "perfect" person. I don't want to do things in a hurry. It will come one day.

Name a city that best represents your personality.

London, because I really like history and imagining what happened before always makes me feel passionate. But on the other hand, it's a big city so there are so much things to do. You never get bored and you get to know other people which is amazing.

How do you present yourself to the world, at work, in conversation (perhaps in your choice of clothing or word choice)?

I try to look my best. I dress the best I can sometimes it's just for myself, because I want to wear what pleases me, but sometimes I have to confess that it's to look good for people.
About my word choices, I try to be diplomatic, but if I'm not ok with someone who tells stupid things, I speak my mind.

What is your idea of the perfect day?

I do not like when my plans are changed, so I would like to start my day as I usually do, calmly. Then either I go out with my loved ones, or I stay inside because I never get bored. I always have something to do to occupy my thoughts.

What changes would you make if you were president/king/emperor/ruler of the world?

Destroy patriarchy

What are your most important values?

Hope, courage, intelligence, determination, family, friends, kindness, dreams accomplished

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Books: Sylvia Plath's Journals because I can relate to some of things she describes (not everything)
Harry Potter because I look up to Hermione
Films: The dead poets society, because the philosophy of this movie means so much to me

What have people seen as your weaknesses?

- They I'm too hard with myself, too perfectionist
- I tend to be bossy with them because I want things to be the way I want them to be, which annoys them.
- Sometimes they say I'm too kind

What have people seen as your strengths?

- They say I'm "the mother" of the friends group, and that I always give good advice and that I always listen to them. Compassionate.
- They say I'm intelligent, always know how to react with someone
- Loyal, inspiring and brave

How do you behave around strangers?

It's funny because if I don't know anybody I can easily speak with them and I make friends quickly.
But if I kind of "know" the person or my idea of the person, I don't speak very much because I'm afraid not to be liked. I am also afraid of being mistaken about the person's personality.

A friend is getting married and they put you in charge of the cake. You narrowed it down to two places to make an order. The first is a bakery with whom you got a good relationship with. The other is a well-known cake maker to whom everyone goes to (your friend hints to it as well). Which one do you choose and why?

I think I would choose the second one. So I'm sure the cake will please him/her.

Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios?
Oh yes

Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing?
I would naturally be tempted to be 100% sure of it. But I would love to get rid of this and be more audacious but it is complicated because I am rather down-to-earth.

Do you have desires/fantasies of being rewarded in a social or public arena?

Yes actually, I often need recognition

Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world?

Accordind to my friends and family, I'm pretty outspoken about my beliefs, so they say I inspire people. I'm also the leader of a humanitary group.

Which fictional characters do you identify yourself as?

Hermione Granger, Tony (13 reasons why), Molly Weasley, Belle, Padmé Amidala, Clarke Griffin, Mary Stuart (reign)

Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

Other people say that I'm very rational down-to-earth and that I am an inspiration for them, that I am hopeful and always putting them in the right "road" (sorry English is not my first language but I hope you understand what I mean).
But sometimes I think i'm not that serious. I think I am more imaginative, even more weird and sometimes I get angry about things like injustice,... so I wouldn't say that I am completely calm and relaxed.
[/B]

Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I'm very dynamic and I can sometimes freak people out because I'm too excited. I don't remember why but the other day a friend of mine told me something very very excitable and I was jumping everywhere and I was very happy. It's the same thing when a movie comes out. I am a big fan girl.

Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I have a tendency to respect all the authorities which is kind of different from my views of conformity. My views are mostly anti- conformist, but I think we have to keep order in this society.

Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I am better in one on one interaction. I prefer to have a few friends. I think it's more intimate and we can share more things. But when I am in a large group for example in my classroom, I am confortable enough to speak to everybody and maybe even speak louder than when I am with few friends. If we have for examples a debate about something, I wouldn't be shy and I would speak my mind entirely. But still a lot of interactions might be tiring for me.

Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

I'm very independent, i like to have a total control on everything, I always had a lot of responsibilities which made me very mature for my age.

(if you need more information, please ask me)

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I definitely see some J in you. also a lot of N.

so something like xNxJ
leaning toward introvert since interaction tires you so.
INxJ
with your humanitarian spirit, leaning toward feeling.
INFJ would be my best guess.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I was going to say 7w6 because I think you are positive outlook- your first answer made me feel that-but the more and more I read the less 7 you seemed. And you seem to reject 9 so strongly. Then I started wondering if you might be just an EXXJ 7 which... would seem... less... 7. Less of the 'flighty' qualities of 7 so often described and more just the mindset of jumping into the world around them to... fill themselves up with as many positives as possible. The fact you feel so strongly about negative people speaks strongly to you being positive outlook. Its something positive outlook types often judge I think to some extent because its... something that we work SO hard to do- to be positive- to push away the negative- that it is hard to understand people who actually 'embrace it'. Threatening in a weird way. The reminder- their reminder- that not everything is positive all the time.

Anyways. As your questionere went on... it became clearer that you are most likely a 2. So 2 in fact that... both of the wings... the possible wings... have been developed slightly. 1 and 3(I beliebe this CAN happen. Lots of other people dont- I think that wings are kind of like arms- everyone has a dominant one- one they are better at using- but both are THERE and can be... developed/come up/have their say in a persons personality)

Anyways. I dont much like MBTI. You DO sound like a 2 though. Probably 2w1 (though you also could be 2w3... its... close isnt the right word but it IS close) would be my guess. Best guesses EXFJ 2w1 1w9 6w7. Though maybe if Im putting your secondary type as 1... maybe you ARE 2w3. Actually yeah Ill go with that for now. EXFJ 2w3 1w9 6w7 so/sx or sx/so. Probably so/sx as you seem syn flow. But instinct variants ill admit im not the best at.

kath

Wow thank you so much for your answers!
I'm still kind of lost between INFJ, ISFJ, ENFJ and ESFJ... I read a lot about these types and they all have something I can relate with.
Does anyone has another opinion? That may clarify the thing

And of course if you have questions about my personnality or if someting is missing from the questionnaire, please ask me.

sbluhm800

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know if you're still stuck regarding your MBTI type, but I am certain you are an INFJ. You definitely come off as an "NF" type, because you are so open-minded and caring, so there's no question there.

INFJs can often come off as extraverted. This is because of their auxiliary Fe (extraverted feeling), which explains why they are so humanitarian - which you undoubtedly are. Another reason I think you are introverted is because you say you long for deep conversations - I'm not saying extraverts don't have a need for this, but introverts tend to fall into exhaustion if they have to endure small talk. Introverts also have a lot more brain activity going on, which explains why you are happy being alone with your thoughts and can easily entertain yourself. Extraverts have less brain activity, so they seek stimulation from the outside world and feel the need to engage in exciting and thrilling activities in order to stay entertained. Introverts, having increased brain activity, are drained when they are left in a loud environment for too long and seek to be alone so they can recharge. I know this is commonly stated, so I'm not sure if this part helps, but I hope it does.

Even though you mostly have your own views and opinions, you still feel a strong need for harmony in the outer world. You also seem to display more Ni (introverted intuition), which explains why you are so focused on the future. It seems to me that you tend to focus your attention on one thing at a time rather than jump from one idea to the next (which would be Ne). The reason I don't see ENFP or INFP at all for you is because you seek to please people and, like I said before, you strive for external harmony. INFPs, having Fi (introverted feeling) as their dominant function, and ENFPs, having Fi as their auxiliary, don't actively seek harmony in the outside world. They stick to their values and have a hard time compromising them for the sake of external harmony. As you said before, you mostly stick to your opinions, but will sacrifice them if it means the people and environment around you are balanced.

So far this gives us Ni-Fe in the cognitive functions.

Thirdly, I think your next function would be Ti. You seek to understand why things are the way they are. Te, on the other hand, don't feel a need to understand theories and concepts. Since Te is an extraverted function, they would rather gather the facts so that they can use this gained knowledge to organize the external environment. They want to apply this knowledge to the real world. On the flip-side, people who use Ti are more focused on their inner logical understanding. Te is more focused on the HOW, Ti is more focused on the WHY. Since Ti is your tertiary function, it won't fully develop until you are 21. Also, Ti being lower in your cognitive functions, this function likely won't ever be strong for you. The tertiary function is considered the "relief" function, though, so engaging in activities which use Ti will help you to relax and indulge in these activities in a non-stressful environment. Ti activities include puzzles and games which include strategic problem-solving.

Last in your cognitive functions would be Se (extraverted sensing). Se being your inferior function, you tend not to use it. People don't really ever fully develop their inferior function. This explains why you are in your head most of the time. You don't take much time to focus on the sensory details in what is happening around you. Activities using Se would include sports. You didn't mention whether or not you are part of a team sport, so I hope I'm not ignorant in assuming that you don't play. Your inferior function is also considered your "aspirational" function, which means this function is hidden in your soul and is something which you aspire to develop, but it will never be a strong function for you. Engaging in Se activities, though, will help you achieve significant breakthroughs in your life. You will not regularly use this function, but using it at some point in your life will change you for the better. This function helps you grow as a person.

That being said, your cognitive functions are probably: Ni-Fe-Ti-Se. This is the function stacking of the INFJ.

I hope this helps! :bye:

Edit: If you are still unsure, there is a test which I recommend. It is based on the cognitive functions. Tests aren't always reliable or 100% accurate, but they can be helpful.
Here is the link: Jungian Cognitive Functions Test

Last edited:

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*Clearly* an ESFJ.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was thinking INFJ. However, I could also see ESFJ, ISFJ, and ENFJ.

My gut seems to say INFJ. A lot of the time INFJs can appear sort of extroverted in the right scenario, and that's the sort of feeling I get from your answers. A very close friend of mine is an INFJ, and that is the case for her. I have heard this said of ISFJs, but the only ISFJ I have gotten to know really well is extremely introverted.

I picked these types as my guesses because you seem to have a good deal of Fe. It's hard for me to pick out specifics, but a lot of the things you said just seem rather Fe like to me.

However, you really have the final say in your type.