• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trying to find my type since days! ESTJ or ENTJ?

LoyalKnight

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so
Go sure to check my profile first! AnonymousExecutive - The Commander

| 16Personalities

Greetings everyone! I was active on another forum, but I found this one, which seems to be active. So I will copy and paste my thread into here:

Greeting everyone! I still struggle finding my type; that is the reason why I have joined this forum. I can relate myself heavily toward an ENTJ, or an ESTJ as well.

First, a new questionnaire which I have found:

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

There are actually, yeah, especially when I feel bad. I posted a questionnaire here after an event (which made me feel bad for days to come), so I will attempt another try here. Now I feel way better and smarter than last time.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

I got many pictures, and I liked all of them. (They were about the nature). I picked this one: Flickr: Page Not Found

I think it feels good to view that, they seem to be happy, and together, enjoying their life. What else do you want?

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
There is no reason to get enraged. I would call the service to help the one's which car broke down (it is called ADAC here in Germany). I may get initially a bit angry, but it is depending on how I feel. Currently I would say that I would simply accept it, and wait for help. No need to rage.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I am really not the party person. I never went to a party in my whole life! I would doubt their assuring, since they will most likely get drunk, anyways. But I would join them, better than being alone. Still I would not like partying.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I have many friends which whom my believes clash. If it is a close friend, I would ask him why he thinks that way, and if the topic is important, then I would argue with him about it. If it is a minor thing, I would not care.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
It is once more depending on how important the topic is, and how close my friend is. If he is not really competent, or a radical, I know that arguing would lead to unnecessary. I have nothing against conflicts, but it has to be worth it. For example: If it is someone who I do not care much about, I would seldom go into conflict with him, especially if he is a stranger. If he clashes with my views on a high level, then he can expect conflict. With a closer friend I would probably argue on a higher level even if we have minor clashes with my habits/beliefs or experiences.

I can say it like that: I really love talking to people (I get a +80-90% extrovert score in most tests) but I change my topics depending on how close they are. If they are really close, loyal and if I trust them, then they will know most things about my private, also my emotions. If they are a normal friend, not so much. If they are a stranger, I would probably even seem to agree with them despite the fact that I disagree with them on a point. But if we get ourselves to know better, then I would open my "inner thoughts" per se.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Some days ago, I would have said tradition and other stuff: But now I do not really care. I believe in some ideals, but I doubt everything which seems to be ineffective to me. I have my own way of living. That is what speaks heavily for me not being an ESTJ and rather an ENTJ, I will come later to this point.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I have my own way of living. I am fairly unique, and mainly do what the majority does not do. For example: I am really interested in history (especially wars!) and the world, also how it will be in the future. I follow elections (but only of major countries), because I find them interesting. I am not focused on one country - rather on the whole world. To have that level of interest in such things, especially at my age, I find really rare and unique. How I said, I do what I think is right, and I never follow others in their behavior.
I know that, but I am confident that I am doing the most correct thing, I am confident that I will be victorious at the end.
b) Perhaps that I am emotionally not that open, I rarely talk about them ,despite the fact that I am quite emotional. But I see this as a advantage as well, especially in leading. But in private life, not. I already implemented a plan for this: I fill talk about my emotions more often, but with close friends only, of course. (Actually, when I think about this, it is rather an advantage, especially in leading)

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
If I have a gut feeling that I am wrong or right, I tend to stick to the choice I made. If it is right, I intend to defend it, unless someone can provide good arguments why I should consider his view. If my gut feeling tells me that it is wrong, then I never do it, no matter the circumstances, even if I am under high pressure from my friends.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
It is depending on how I feel. But generally speaking I can say:

a) Sports and fitness. I feel great after a hard workout, or even after a one-hour cardio workout. Tell me, is there something better than feeling great after a workout? (But saying so, I have seldom days where I feel bad and drained during the workout, but ALWAYS better after the workout, no matter how good or bad it was. Better than staying at home!) I also feel great if I am talking with people or hanging out with them. I hang out in my group quite often at school, but not outside, since most of them simply do not fit with my believes and style. My best friend for example, I urged him multiple times to do something, but he is an extreme introvert, so no way to get him going. But I would say: Better be alone than to be in bad company. Bad friends will make you down, especially the ones with bad habits. But nevertheless, I have a friendly relationship to everyone I know or I see often. I have many people who like talking to me. Oh yeah, speaking to people IRL, no matter if they are strangers or friends, always makes me feel better!

b) Actually, hard which draines me most. I would say if I do something that is not good for me, I always feel bad about it afterwards. Therefore I always go to the gym even if I feel horrible, because skipping the gym will make me feel even worse.
Then, also being with persons who are not really competent. I like being around friends, but if my friends are acting incompetent or constantly against my believes, then I will feel drained afterwards. But that is also depending on the situation and the day, sometimes it draines me, and some days I simply do not care. I would rather say that most of the time, I do not care. I notice that they are wrong, but I do not say it, especially if everyone thinks that way.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I told this in the last posts already, no need to repeat myself here. Go sure to read them thoroughly, please!

Overall: Most of the recent time, I think of my future and I act accordingly. I may have some days where I get stuck up in the past, but mostly I view the past as vital experience, for development in my future. I know that if I want to have a successful and relaxed future, I have to suffer and fight through my young ages. There is no excuse for it. Things which seem insignificant will prove important in the future - that is why I most agree with the ESTJ's. Plantings seeds, which I will reap in the future.

Also, comparison of my ESTJ and ENTJ charcteristics:

What speaks for me being an ESTJ:
- I value structure and I believe in my duty. I do not await anything in return.
- I am a really good strategist.
- I follow the law and respect it, if I think it is correct. If not, well, then not! (Speaks for ENTJ here)
- I like the military, and I could imagine myself being a commander in it.
- I follow some aspects like not drinking or smoking....
- I have difficulty expressing emotions.

What speaks for being an ENTJ:
- I tend to forget things, and misplace things in the house time by time.
- I respect leaders if they are being just. If they are being unjust or unfair towards me, then I speak up, I even tend to get slightly "louder" towards them.
- I would consider myself a realist - if I think that something has to be doubted, then I doubt it.
- .... but I do not care about aspects of religion which I think are not relevant, like "no-sex before marriage" or other kind of stuff.
- I accept everyone, no matter their views or their beliefs.
- I am not focused on social status at all.
- I am not uncomfortable with uncoventional situations. If there is something new to test, that's better and more fun!
- I handle my emotions poorly sometimes.

Following points speak for both ESTJ's and ENTJ's ( I think so, at least)
- - I am very loyal - but only for the things which I believe deserve the right to be loyal to! - but so are ENTJ's (I would still never use someone for my own benefit.)
- - I am a natural leader and I love leading. Getting into a leading position would be my goal, no matter in which job or area. I value leading though, I know that you have many tasks as a good leader.

Please read my posts thoroughly. I want to solve this question for once and for all.

EDIT: By the way: My mother is ISTP and my Father ISTJ. I am the only extrovert.... an I am 96% extroverted! I find it funny. I would not consider myself to be so high extroverted, but I answered all questions in all honesty. Perhaps I am, I mean, I really love to talk to strangers and to befriend anyone. I would consider myself a master in it - I can really befriend and strike up a chat with anyone. (Still, I hate partying, but because I think there is no point in it - just people not of my type people looking to have fun and to get the one or the other one-day-stand there.)

Last edited:

LoyalKnight

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so
Thanks to the moderator who approved it, I greatly appreciate it!

A friendly bump so you all see this thread. :)

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
Right off the bat I would say ESTJ but . . .

To me, the most sure way to find your type is through finding you type compatibility. What I would recommend is, if you care enough to, is to read through a few of my posts/threads and see what your impression is- If you think I seem familiar/similar in a lot of ways then maybe you're an NF; Different but with some common interests? Maybe your an NT. Can't stand me/hate my guts? Probably an STP. etc. etc. etc.

These tell a lot about what type you are so I would recommend that approach and see where it gets you. :nod:

^This was a post I made a while ago but it applies here so please don't penalize me for it!!!~
^That was from last time. Hope all this copy and pasting is allowed. So it goes . . .

LoyalKnight

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so
The margin is really low between S and N. Could I say for example that I am mainly N also with S attributes?

Also, input from anyone else? I'd appreciate it if someone could take a closer look to my post. Thanks in advance !

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your manner comes off as very J. I'd say go with ENTJ just based on how I can relate to you but I would say don't rule out ENFJ either since both types are very structured and both types can look similar on first glance. If not F, go with T. I'd say take a look at all NJ types though

LoyalKnight

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so
I think after checking most pages on descriptions to personalities, I would be safe to assume that I am an ENTJ. I would rule out ENFJ - I cannot relate to them. I am too strong of a Thinker than a Feeler, I am certain of that. It is a advantage - also a disadvantge. Are there any tests which any of you would suggest me to take?

I can really kind of read myself when I read this profile : ENTJ Personality Profile . The biggest weakness of me is my inner control and expressing of emotions, still, I think.

I'd be safe to assume ENTJ. Is it normal that depending on my state of mind that I got ESTJ in most of the tests some days before only, but now since I adopted a better and more confident mind of state, that I am ENTJ again? Hard to explain - hope you all got it.

Also: It cannot be an co-incidence that my best friends (which whom I talk mostly to) are all INTP? I told them to take the test, and I was shocked. They all became INTP, all of them.

By the way: My mother is ISTP and my Father ISTJ. I am the only extrovert.... an I am 96% extroverted! I find it funny. I would not consider myself to be so high extroverted, but I answered all questions in all honesty. Perhaps I am, I mean, I really love to talk to strangers and to befriend anyone. I would consider myself a master in it - I can really befriend and strike up a chat with anyone. (Still, I hate partying, but because I think there is no point in it - just people not of my type people looking to have fun and to get the one or the other one-day-stand there.)

Go sure to check my profile here: AnonymousExecutive - The Commander

| 16Personalities

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think after checking most pages on descriptions to personalities, I would be safe to assume that I am an ENTJ. I would rule out ENFJ - I cannot relate to them. I am too strong of a Thinker than a Feeler, I am certain of that. It is a advantage - also a disadvantge. Are there any tests which any of you would suggest me to take?

I can really kind of read myself when I read this profile : ENTJ Personality Profile . The biggest weakness of me is my inner control and expressing of emotions, still, I think.

I'd be safe to assume ENTJ. Is it normal that depending on my state of mind that I got ESTJ in most of the tests some days before only, but now since I adopted a better and more confident mind of state, that I am ENTJ again? Hard to explain - hope you all got it.

Also: It cannot be an co-incidence that my best friends (which whom I talk mostly to) are all INTP? I told them to take the test, and I was shocked. They all became INTP, all of them.

By the way: My mother is ISTP and my Father ISTJ. I am the only extrovert.... an I am 96% extroverted! I find it funny. I would not consider myself to be so high extroverted, but I answered all questions in all honesty. Perhaps I am, I mean, I really love to talk to strangers and to befriend anyone. I would consider myself a master in it - I can really befriend and strike up a chat with anyone. (Still, I hate partying, but because I think there is no point in it - just people not of my type people looking to have fun and to get the one or the other one-day-stand there.)

Go sure to check my profile here: AnonymousExecutive - The Commander

| 16Personalities

I can understand you scoring S sometimes and N sometimes. MBTI is about preferences. No individual is 100% N or S.

LoyalKnight

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so
Yeah, good to know. I am quite certain that I am ENTJ now. (I'd still hear someones views about my personality - so feel free to inspect my post!)

Should I also take that Enneagram test and perhaps post it here? I did it once, and I think that I may become another result if I re-do it. No idea though.

My old results:

My results:

Also, my ennegram type:

Type 3 - 8.4
Type 8 - 7
Type 1 - 6.7
Type 2 - 5.7
Type 5 - 5.4
Type 9 - 4.7
Type 4 - 1

Wing 3w2 - 11.3
Wing 2w3 - 9.9