• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused/Anxious about my type.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm just not sure if I'm my type or not. I'd take an actual test, but those are expensive, so I need the forums' expertise.

1. What do you yearn for in life?
I want to be able to travel, no where fancy, just to the States. Away from my birth place. I'm not really sure what would make me happy. I feel like I'm even idealizing my happiness, like it's some dream and when I get it I'll be happy, but what about on the way to getting it?

I yearn for the ability to have money and travel and to follow my passions. I'd love to work in the arts, because that would make me happy. I have never really seen myself as someone who would be happy sitting at a desk job. That feels too safe for me.

2. What makes you feel inferior?
I don't like being told I'm wrong. Especially in a rude way. I don't like being made to look like I'm stupid. I'm fine with being wrong, but I'm also competitive and stubborn in that I must be right. I feel inferior if I make a mistake, but that's because I'm hard on myself and a perfectionist. I just am by nature, about certain things.

3. When you want to learn something, what feels more natural to you?

I'm kind of lazy, so sometimes I even get bored with a Google search. I feel overwhelmed if I don't find the answer right away, so I want to give up. But I like to find videos and picture examples. I've always been a more hands-on person. And if someone shows me how to do something, I tend to pick it up more. I actually learned this way a lot as a kid, in combination with copying out notes repeatedly, but I am way more of a visual/hands-on (kinesthetic?) learner.

4. You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I find harmony when everyone is relaxed. I hate conflict of any type, I hate raised voices. I don't mind loudness, but I hate fighting and arguments and when things are tense; it makes me very anxious. I like when things are relaxed or easy and people are getting along, it feels much better.

5. Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I tend to think before speaking, but I am prone to speaking before thinking, like talking-as-i-think. I prefer one on one communication but I don't mind group discussions.

6. Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I'm jumping before I leap, but I'm also prone to jumping into action right away, I don't mind doing that. It's like a safety net sort of thing to me -- like I just bite the bullet and decide to try something. I'm trying to be more like that lately, due to anxieties.

Actions speak louder than words, to me.

7.It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favourite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I honestly would probably stay home. I don't mind going out, but I have to be in a mood to do it. And there are some times where I don't like to.

8. How do you act when you're stressed out?
I don't really follow through, but I will google stuff like jobs and other options. It's sort of a panicked thing, I grasp at straws even if I have no intention of doing something, but I'm like, "Ah, I wish I could."

9. Describe your ideal day. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.

All kidding aside, my ideal day would be one where I'd wake up early and I wouldn't feel lazy or like not doing anything, as I sometimes do. I like to be productive because it makes me feel energetic. And a lot of the time, lately, I feel like I have to "force" myself to do things, to have my shit together. I really do enjoy shopping and almost any time I'm invited to go out to do so, I take the opportunity.

10.You now have a kid (sex of your choosing)! Years pass and they are now 15 years old. You notice their personality traits are the complete opposite of how you were when at their age. Describe how they are. Describe the possible conflicts that would arise between both of you due to differing temperaments.
I'm really afraid to have kids because I don't want to screw it up. At 15, they would probably be bubbly and seemingly more happier than I was, wear brighter clothing, not be as sullen. They'd probably be more popular and have more friends. I wouldn't really see any conflicts, but I'd want them to be responsible. I'd definitely educate them better and more and be more open than my parents were with me.

11. What do you spend the most time thinking about?

I think about the future a lot, I contemplate things I want to buy, even if I already have stuff. I think of hair dye and make up and clothes. I think about movies and plays and names I like. But I also worry a lot about things. There are times that I think about absolutely nothing; I can be pretty empty-headed at times. I think of ways to be more productive, but then I don't follow through. Healthy recipes, clothes I'd love to wear...

12. How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?

I'm probably more reserved than I was as a kid. There was a period where I was pretty bubbly and open and outgoing and stuff. But honestly when I moved as a kid, all of that changed. I was bullied severely and that made me go into myself. I've always had a bit of a shell around me, but I've never really been able to stand up for myself. I was made fun of when I tried to fit in, and made fun of when I tried to stand out. Like I always toed some line. As a kid, I just wanted to grow up and leave and get out. But now I am grown and that hasn't happened, because I always knew I just wanted to flee, but I never made any sort of plan. I always wished I could just disappear or be someone different, and then I'd be liked.

I do know as a kid I got away with a lot of stuff, I was always respectful but I also did stuff to get attention, I was kind of weird, I guess. I don't know. I was stubborn, I think. I liked reading, and I did give up a lot of extra-curriculars, the second I got bored with them, I quit.

SwimmerGal97

I'm just not sure if I'm my type or not. I'd take an actual test, but those are expensive, so I need the forums' expertise.

I want to be able to travel, no where fancy, just to the States. Away from my birth place. I'm not really sure what would make me happy. I feel like I'm even idealizing my happiness, like it's some dream and when I get it I'll be happy, but what about on the way to getting it?

I yearn for the ability to have money and travel and to follow my passions. I'd love to work in the arts, because that would make me happy. I have never really seen myself as someone who would be happy sitting at a desk job. That feels too safe for me.

I'm getting an N sense from this (I can't actually say why though, maybe it's just the dream talk so I won't say you're definitely an N for now, but I'm getting that sense). Likewise an F sense- I can't pick out actual proof but this seems F-ish. Travelling away from home and into the unknown and not being satisfied at a desk job says P to me.

I don't like being told I'm wrong. Especially in a rude way. I don't like being made to look like I'm stupid. I'm fine with being wrong, but I'm also competitive and stubborn in that I must be right. I feel inferior if I make a mistake, but that's because I'm hard on myself and a perfectionist. I just am by nature, about certain things.

Hmm I don't see anything that indicates a preference for a function here- I think most people dislike being told they're wrong in a rude way! What sort of things are you certain on?

I'm kind of lazy, so sometimes I even get bored with a Google search. I feel overwhelmed if I don't find the answer right away, so I want to give up. But I like to find videos and picture examples. I've always been a more hands-on person. And if someone shows me how to do something, I tend to pick it up more. I actually learned this way a lot as a kid, in combination with copying out notes repeatedly, but I am way more of a visual/hands-on (kinesthetic?) learner.

I think this is Si- you learn by experience.

4. You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I find harmony when everyone is relaxed. I hate conflict of any type, I hate raised voices. I don't mind loudness, but I hate fighting and arguments and when things are tense; it makes me very anxious. I like when things are relaxed or easy and people are getting along, it feels much better.

F!

5. Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I tend to think before speaking, but I am prone to speaking before thinking, like talking-as-i-think. I prefer one on one communication but I don't mind group discussions.

Swaying towards introversion, also the talking as you think could be indicative of Ne?

6. Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I'm jumping before I leap, but I'm also prone to jumping into action right away, I don't mind doing that. It's like a safety net sort of thing to me -- like I just bite the bullet and decide to try something. I'm trying to be more like that lately, due to anxieties.

not sure what this indicates to be honest. Self awareness of your weaknesses and trying to improve could be Fi?

7.It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favourite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I honestly would probably stay home. I don't mind going out, but I have to be in a mood to do it. And there are some times where I don't like to.

Introvert

I don't really follow through, but I will google stuff like jobs and other options. It's sort of a panicked thing, I grasp at straws even if I have no intention of doing something, but I'm like, "Ah, I wish I could."

Ne

That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.

All kidding aside, my ideal day would be one where I'd wake up early and I wouldn't feel lazy or like not doing anything, as I sometimes do. I like to be productive because it makes me feel energetic. And a lot of the time, lately, I feel like I have to "force" myself to do things, to have my shit together. I really do enjoy shopping and almost any time I'm invited to go out to do so, I take the opportunity.

Hmmm April here in the UK is very rarely a light jacket occasion- it's usually a 'heatwave' (like 19 C...) or the Return of Winter. Or throwing it down. Anyway back to your questionnaire, again I'm afraid I don't really get much from this question but the fact that you're proud when you've been productive suggests a concious effort to get stuff done instead of procrastinate so I think you could be a P?

10.You now have a kid (sex of your choosing)! Years pass and they are now 15 years old. You notice their personality traits are the complete opposite of how you were when at their age. Describe how they are. Describe the possible conflicts that would arise between both of you due to differing temperaments.
I'm really afraid to have kids because I don't want to screw it up. At 15, they would probably be bubbly and seemingly more happier than I was, wear brighter clothing, not be as sullen. They'd probably be more popular and have more friends. I wouldn't really see any conflicts, but I'd want them to be responsible. I'd definitely educate them better and more and be more open than my parents were with me.

Ne through thinking of how it could go wrong. You wish your parents were more open which to me seems quite mature and like you're naturally understanding of more 'grown up' things so maybe NF.

I think about the future a lot, I contemplate things I want to buy, even if I already have stuff. I think of hair dye and make up and clothes. I think about movies and plays and names I like. But I also worry a lot about things. There are times that I think about absolutely nothing; I can be pretty empty-headed at times. I think of ways to be more productive, but then I don't follow through. Healthy recipes, clothes I'd love to wear...

I can relate with absolutely everything you wrote there :L

I'm probably more reserved than I was as a kid. There was a period where I was pretty bubbly and open and outgoing and stuff. But honestly when I moved as a kid, all of that changed. I was bullied severely and that made me go into myself. I've always had a bit of a shell around me, but I've never really been able to stand up for myself. I was made fun of when I tried to fit in, and made fun of when I tried to stand out. Like I always toed some line. As a kid, I just wanted to grow up and leave and get out. But now I am grown and that hasn't happened, because I always knew I just wanted to flee, but I never made any sort of plan. I always wished I could just disappear or be someone different, and then I'd be liked.

I do know as a kid I got away with a lot of stuff, I was always respectful but I also did stuff to get attention, I was kind of weird, I guess. I don't know. I was stubborn, I think. I liked reading, and I did give up a lot of extra-curriculars, the second I got bored with them, I quit.

I'm sorry you were bullied, that must've been rough :(

Overall I think you're an INFP (this is totally off topic but do the types have colours to you? INFP is so pastel pink )

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always felt you were NFP, but who knows. Anyway Eric B has a informative thread Here.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I appreciate the typing and I have gotten INFP before, but I am not sure I'm an introvert. Introvert tendencies, sure. :newwink:

Seems F, probably more on the Fi side, but I think any type could want this. However, I'm sensing inferior Te as well due to not knowing how to achieve whatever happiness it is you desire.

Probably either Fi or Fe, but it could be any type.

I'm thinking SFP. You mention how you are very hands-on and visually oriented, which are both generally SFP traits.

Seems 9ish to me. I don't think this has anything to do with type specifically, but maybe Fe.

Probably Fi perhaps, but an extrovert can prefer this as well.

Actions speak louder than words, to me.

Being action-oriented, but wanting to know beforehand what you're getting yourself into sounds Fi-Se to me.

Sounds more introverted. Probably Fi.

Inferior Te.

I'm leaning towards Fi-Se. Shopping is a very in-the-moment kind of activity too, so I think more 'S' whenever I hear that. You also claim you'd go shopping nearly anytime you're invited, so this tends to indicate perceiving over judging.

Could be any type.

Seems rather SFPish, very Se-oriented things. Everyone also thinks about the future to some extent, so it's not necessarily limited to intuitives.

I'm leaning towards Fi-dom. Not having anything planned out, but wanting to somehow desperately run away would probably be a product of having inferior Te.

Based on your overall answers, my belief is you're probably an ISFP, an ambiverted one perhaps. I could be totally wrong, but this is my general impression. There is a Fi-styled flavor contained in many of your answers; a desire to be independent-minded, a free-spirit of sorts that I attribute to ISFPs. I don't see Ne, but rather hints of Ni here and there where there is indication towards future-oriented thinking at times. However, there is this sort of paranoia about it as well that is usually associated with tert-Ni. I don't see really any metaphors or deep under-the-surface abstractions in many of your answers either, but instead are mostly direct and to the point in addition to having interests that are more Fi-Se in nature. So ISFP would be my official guess.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Based on your overall answers, my belief is you're probably an ISFP, an ambiverted one perhaps. I could be totally wrong, but this is my general impression. There is a Fi-styled flavor contained in many of your answers; a desire to be independent-minded, a free-spirit of sorts that I attribute to ISFPs. I don't see Ne, but rather hints of Ni here and there where there is indication towards future-oriented thinking at times. However, there is this sort of paranoia about it as well that is usually associated with tert-Ni. I don't see really any metaphors or deep under-the-surface abstractions in many of your answers either, but instead are mostly direct and to the point in addition to having interests that are more Fi-Se in nature. So ISFP would be my official guess.

Hmm. That's interesting... I don't know. I could be on a loop. I know whenever I've done these questionnaires, it's hard for me to guage myself as I generally am, I always have different answers.