• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questionnaire mashup :)

SwimmerGal97

I've been typed as several MBTI types since I first discovered it but I'm still not fully sure of my type. I put together a few questions from several questionnaires and was wondering if anyone could have a go at typing me :)

1. What do you yearn for in life?

I want to be happy, content and satisfied with my life. I don't feel the need to be successful in the conventional way (like be a doctor and earn loads of money although I wouldn't turn down a load of money..) but I'm looking for the career that is 'me', the one that feels right. I haven't worked out what this is yet though!

2. What makes you feel inferior?

When people are better than me. Whether it's that they're more skilled or more informed or better looking. Unless it's something I know I'm not very good at, I can get competitive.

3. When you want to learn something, what feels more natural to you?

Find a video!! I'm a student and there are loads of textbooks and websites that try to explain subject matters but I don't learn by reading, the information is just meaningless words on a page. I learn visually so when I'm learning something new, I find a video or diagram so I can picture what's going on in my head. Even if a video just gives me an overview, it's like I can use that to arrange bits of information spatially in my head.

4. You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

By making sure everyone is doing fine. For example at school we would often do group activities like Young Enterprise or running science activities for younger kids. I wasn't the type to address a group as a whole but I flit from person to person, making sure they're all doing what they're meant to and understand the bigger picture and working out issues quietly, from the inside.

5. Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before speaking and I prefer one on one conversations or small groups where I don't have to answer immediately but can sit back and think for a while

6. Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Know where I'm jumping, I find out as much about activities as I can before participating

7.It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favourite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Stay home!! If I'm going on a night out, it will have been arranged at least a day earlier so I wouldn't be settling down to watch my show.

8. How do you act when you're stressed out?

When I'm stressed I often feel trapped and start imagining ways out of a situation (every exam season I end up researching jobs in australia or how to make a living as a self employed artist or how to open a bakery)

9. Describe your ideal day. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

My ideal day would be one in Autumn. I'd wake up in time for the sunrise on a misty yet sunny morning and sit in the garden wrapped in a blanket with a cup of tea , then I'd have breakfast which would either be pancakes or waffles with fruit and syrup. During the day I'd go on a hike with my camera (which seeing as this is my perfect day, the camera would be new and top of the range!) enjoying the autumn scenery and taking photos (obviously the reason for the camera) and wildlife spotting etc. I like my hikes to be relatively strenuous so I'm tired and hungry and can enjoy a good pub lunch at a quaint little pub my hike has led me to. Then I'd make my way back home, put my pj's on and watch a film with my dinner (probably a light dinner after the waffles and pub lunch I'd previously consumed). In terms of films I love animated films (Disney, Dreamworks and the like) so I'd probably be watching one of them in the company of a homemade apple or plum crumble with custard. It would be dark relatively early and there'd be a wicked storm raging outside.

10.You now have a kid (sex of your choosing)! Years pass and they are now 15 years old. You notice their personality traits are the complete opposite of how you were when at their age. Describe how they are. Describe the possible conflicts that would arise between both of you due to differing temperaments.

They'd be wild, reckless, rebellious. Forever sneaking out and never seeing things from different perspectives. They'd love parties and be forever talking to a wide range of people. I'd probably lose my temper at them never thinking of consequences or seeing things from my point of view.

11. What do you spend the most time thinking about?

All sorts! What could happen, what has happened, thinking about that film I saw the other day and promptly became obsessed with. I love daydreaming and often take characters out of books/film/tv and insert them into daydreams about daily life. I could also think about what I’m going to dress up as for Halloween, what should my Christmas shopping budget be, planning my Autumn/Winter wardrobe….it goes on and on and on…

12. How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?

I’m probably a bit more reserved now than I was as a kid. When I was little I would ramble on about fairies and magic and dragons and now I’d sound a bit nuts. Although I still have that creativity it tends to stay internal. I was a lot more involved when I was a kid as well- I was part of a dance company, a swim team, I was a school councillor, eco councillor, road safety officer, playground monitor, library monitor, office helper…kind of a suck up :L These days I’m not involved in anything like that and just keep myself to myself. Admittedly I do still have some of the books I read when I was younger and sometimes read them or watch old TV shows just because the blast from the past is comforting.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmm. You're very vivid in some of your descriptions. I definitely sense Introversion... is it possible you could be INFJ? I kind of get that sense from you, a very nurturing sort of vibe. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's a very warm kind of feeling. You clearly think your way through things, in these responses.

SwimmerGal97

Hmmm. You're very vivid in some of your descriptions. I definitely sense Introversion... is it possible you could be INFJ? I kind of get that sense from you, a very nurturing sort of vibe. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's a very warm kind of feeling. You clearly think your way through things, in these responses.

Thankyou for you response :) INFJ could be possible however I've always swayed towards the idea that I use Si-Ne over Ni-Se. I'm not completely certain as nothing jumps out as being a dominant function but I've never strongly associated with Ni. I didn't put any potential types in above as I didn't want to put ideas in anyone's head but the types I've been typed most frequently as are : ISFJ, ISTJ, ISFP, INFP and INFJ. Like you say, I'm definitely an introvert but the other letters are still in question

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah. I'm not going to act like a pro on typing, but, I can see you as an ISFJ