• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me now that it's been a year

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I'm 16 days late with my whole 'one year anniversary' thing but hey, what can you do. Seeing how it's been a full 365 days since first joining, I'm confident in saying I have established a presence on the site. Being here, I've made connections with you all and that's exactly what I came here for. I love this site, dude.

Sappy stuff aside... the type I usually rep is NeTe 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 sx/so IEE.

NOTES
  • I've been typed as every single extroverted MBTI type while here and no one can agree on what my aux function truly is. Most can agree I am on the Ne-Si axis, but even that's debatable to some people.
  • My enneagram is the thing of most confidence. Some would argue that I am a 827 (as opposed to 287) and others think I am an 3w2.
  • I am too uneducated in Socionics to even have a confident self typing.
  • My instinctual variant is usually agreed with, with some arguing that I am actually so/sx.
  • I am 17 years old, which plays a huge factor into my typing. I also suffer from what has been diagnosed as major depression and anxiety. I no longer take medication for this.

Q & A

Feel free to ask me anything. I'd love to see what you all type me as.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whats your favorite hobby?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Whats your favorite hobby?

Drawing, talking to people, playing video games. I also like watching trivia shows, if that counts. I usually pick up and drop hobbies a lot. Hard to keep to one.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What types of video games?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What types of video games?

Platformers. Preferably 2D but I don't mind a 3D platformer here or there. I also enjoy simulation games. Not the large scale ones, like SimCity, but the more focused ones like The Sims or even the choose your own adventure tier dating sims. Strategy games are hella fun too. And puzzles are super great!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Platformers. Preferably 2D but I don't mind a 3D platformer here or there. I also enjoy simulation games. Not the large scale ones, like SimCity, but the more focused ones like The Sims or even the choose your own adventure tier dating sims. Strategy games are hella fun too. And puzzles are super great!

Are you laid back and play for fun or do you have to win? I am horrible with sims, i pretty much figure out the system of how everything is setup get bored and then see what havoc i can create.

My kinda games, i enjoy challenging stuff. I am not a serious gamer though, crazy laid back and play for fun. I can count how many games i have beat all the way through on one hand, maybe 2. I get bored around the end and find a new game.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Are you laid back and play for fun or do you have to win? I am horrible with sims, i pretty much figure out the system of how everything is setup get bored and then see what havoc i can create.

My kinda games, i enjoy challenging stuff. I am not a serious gamer though, crazy laid back and play for fun. I can count how many games i have beat all the way through on one hand, maybe 2. I get bored around the end and find a new game.

Depends on the genre. If it's a platformer then I have to at least make it close to 100%'ing the game. Simulation games are just for fun, it's hard to truly 'win' those. Strategy and puzzles are definitely something I play to win, that's what makes them so relaxing.

So I guess I play to win for all of them minus games where you can't technically win.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends on the genre. If it's a platformer then I have to at least make it close to 100%'ing the game. Simulation games are just for fun, it's hard to truly 'win' those. Strategy and puzzles are definitely something I play to win, that's what makes them so relaxing.

So I guess I play to win for all of them minus games where you can't technically win.

I know it sounds stupid, but i generally dont care about winning. I will do things for the purpose of learning even if i lose. I like to know how it works. I used to frustrate people when i played clue because i had a technique down and when they see me start asking questions just for fun they knew i had the answer, just got tired of winning.

What about card and board games?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I know it sounds stupid, but i generally dont care about winning. I will do things for the purpose of learning even if i lose. I like to know how it works. I used to frustrate people when i played clue because i had a technique down and when they see me start asking questions just for fun they knew i had the answer, just got tired of winning.

What about card and board games?

I love them! I love playing games with other people! I don't have any preference for card games... I like Sevens and Speed and this variation of War I've been playing recently (and of course, Uno). As for board games, my favorites are Monopoly, Dominos, Jenga, and Checkers. They're the type of games that have more thought put into them than initially perceived. Plus those board games remind me of my family, as odd as it is.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still think you're an ESTP. I'm so tired of people getting typed with "N" because only intelligence can be associated with "N"s. :doh:

I think ESTPs are extremely intelligent and shouldn't be underestimated, because not only are they intelligent, they are doers.

Now that I got that off my chest, so I think you are a seeker to protect people, and ESTPs usually have a knack of associating themselves with people of importance, like wanting to protect them. And I think I'm right, because I'm pretty sure you give, in order to get, which is that e2 thing happening, wanting to protect in return for being loved/appreciated.

What do you think? Think I'm off my trolley? :D

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Id say based on Discord interactions and forum presence that I can say with confidence you are an ENFP. You do seem Se superficially due to your bold and out there nature but when i talk to you I dont see the Se but rather a very clear and strong Ne as you are very invested in the ideas of a matter so to speak rather than the realities. I see clear Fi/Te as well and the two often fight for attention. I also think you often Ne/Te loop as a lot of the time you are mostly using these two functions and not using Fi. As for tritype I would say core 8w7 as you are gut first and seek to assert yourslef in a very gut way so to speak and I would say your image fix is 3w2 as I sense more goal than relationship focus (Both are important to you but I think goals wins by an inch so 3w2 but 2w3 I wouldnt rule out but regardless the wing is very strong). As for head fix Id agree on 7w8 as you dont seem to have any 5 or 6 infulence at all.

As for stackings Sx/So is so you. You are very firey and passionate in the way I see Sx doms being and I also see you play with So as you seek to like enter a social siutation and play with them so to speak.

My personal conclusion= ENFP 8w7 3w2 7w8 Sx/So (Though I am open to 2w3 as well).

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not an introvert, not a dom or aux Ne user, and definitely not a feeler. But you know what type I think you are.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Q & A

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To expand on my previous post, do you suppose it's possible that you might be a Te-dom?

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
In my own personal experience video games are more of a senor enjoyment than Intuitive. I have several sensor friends who are v much into gaming however I have dozens and dozens of intuitive friends who like myself have no use for any time of video games. Se would be the function I see loves gaming, Si also. I have no idea what your type is, I'm not so foolish as to think I can type a total stranger online without knowing squat about you, nor have I had a decent conversation with you in reality. However only from my personal experiences I can tell you Se and Si are more related with video games than other functions. Good luck.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sounds like you're the type of person who would really rock the boat if someone said something out of the line, would you? ;) The diverse comment sounds like something a person with Ne would say and definitely focus on.

You mean like, if someone was being blatantly disrespectful? Of course. Especially if that disrespect is unwarranted. Fuck people who are like that. Blame it on a savior complex, but I'm always standing up for people in situations like that.

Or do you mean like if I just disagree with someone? If so, then nah. I thrive off of differing opinions. I'm more likely to get upset if people agree with me if they don't have a valid reason to do so.

What are your most memorable compliments that other people have given you before?

I'm sure there are more I will remember randomly but here are some off the top of my head.
"You are so bright and wonderful."
"I know one day, you're going to change the world."
"I'm so happy I met you."
"You're so light and happy and smart. You can do all these things. You're never incapable. I look up to you."
[This one was an explanation for why they put 'organized' on my old johari window:] "You have everything planned out. You know what you want to do and you get it done. A determined type of organized. Like a crime boss."

"How can I be better?" - When you ask yourself this, do you think of the multiple scenarios that could you lead you to your self metamorphosis, or do you go by just one final conclusion?

Multiple scenarios. All the possibilities. Then I attempt towards the ones that will most likely result in the best possible outcome.

This also points out to you maybe being a 3 core rather than a 7 or 8 core after all. What says you? You've been talking about success a lot in this questionnaire that it's becoming hard to ignore.

If it means anything, those aren't in exact order.

To expand on my previous post, do you suppose it's possible that you might be a Te-dom?

Actually, yes! For a while, I identified as ESTJ. I think I'm on the Ne-Si axis as well as the Te-Fi axis, but I am thinking more and more about how my Fi doesn't feel auxilary at all.

At first, I was very confident in my ENFP typing. Then it was like, "Yeah, I'm an ENFP, I just have really strong Te." And now it's all over the place. My purely functional interpretation of MBTI is failing me, really.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, regardless if I'm right or wrong, perhaps the following will help you out identifying your type. I will quote from the book: How everyday stress brings out our hidden personality. Was that really me? by Naomi L. Quenk.

Mentioning [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] for obvious reasons.

I will add my own commentary in spoilers.

Extraversion and Introversion

Strictly speaking, there are no introverts and extraverts pure and simple, but only introverted and extraverted function-types, such as thinking types, sensation types, etc. there are thus at least eight clearly distinguishable types. (1976a, p. 523).

When we come to analyze the personality, we find that the extravert makes a niche for himself in the world of relationships at the cost of unconsciousness (of himself as subject); while the introvert, in realizing his personality, commits the grossest mistake in the social sphere and blunders about in the most absurd way. These two very typical attitudes are enough to show -- quite apart from the types of physiological temperament described by Kretschmer -- how little one can fit human beings and their neuroses into the strait jacket of a single theory. (1954, p118)

We can therefore formulate the occurrences as follows: in the introvert the influence of the object produces an inferior extraversion [a], while in the extravert an inferior introversion takes the place of his social attitude. And we come back to the proposition from which we started: "The value of the one is the negation of value for the other." (1966, p58)

Sensation (Sensing)

But the sensation type remains with things. He remains in a given reality. To him a thing is true when it is real. Consider what it means to an intuitive when something is real. It is just the wrong thing; it should not be, something else should be. But when a sensation type does no have given reality -- four walls in which to be -- he is sick. (1976b, p.19)

The specifically compulsive character of the neurotic symptoms is the unconscious counterpart of the easy-going character of the pure sensation type, who, from the standpoint of rational judgement, accepts indiscriminately everything that happens... This coercion overtakes the sensation type from unconscious, in the form of compulsion.... If he should become neurotic, it is much harder to treat him by rational means because the functions which the analyst must turn to are in relatively undifferentiated state. (1976a, p. 365) [a]

Intuition

The intuitive is always bothered by the reality of things; he fails from the standpoint of realities; he is always out of the possibilities of life. He is the man who plants a field and before the crop is ripe is off again to a new field... Give the intuitive four walls in which to be, and the only thing is how to get out of it, because to him a given situation is a prison which must be undone in the shortest time so that he can be off to new possibilities. (1976b, p. 19) [a]

Thinking

If you know that thinking is highly differentiated, then feeling is undifferentiated. What does that mean? Does it mean these people have no feelings? No, on the contrary. They say, "I have very strong feelings. I am full of emotion and temperament." These people are under the sway of their emotions, they are caught by their emotions, they are overcome by their emotions at times. If, for instance, you study the private lives of professors it is a very interesting study. If you want to be fully informed as to how the intellectual behaves at home, ask his wife and she will be able to tell you a story! (1976b, p.18)

In the pursuit of his ideas [the introverted thinker] is generally stubborn, headstrong and quite unamenable to influence. His suggestibility to personal influences is in strange contrast to this. [a] He has only to be convinced of a person's seeming innocuousness to lay himself open to the most undesirable elements.... His style is cluttered with all sorts of adjuncts, accessories, qualifications, retractions, saving clauses, doubts, etc., which all come from his scrupulosity. (1976a, p. 385)

The feeling of the introverted thinking type is extraverted. He has the same kind of strong, loyal and warm feeling described as typical for the extraverted thinking type, but with the difference that the feeling of the introverted thinking type flows toward definite objects. (1976b, pp. 18, 19)

The more the feelings are repressed, the more deleterious is their secret influence on thinking that is otherwise beyond reproach... The self assertion of the personality is transferred to the formula. Truth is no longer allowed to speak for itself; it is identified with the subject and treated like a sensitive darling whom an evil-minded critic has wronged. (1976a, p. 350)

Because of the highly impersonal character of the conscious attitude, the unconscious feelings [of the introverted thinker] are extremely personal and oversensitive, giving rise to secret prejudices -- a readiness, for instance, to misconstrue any opposition to his formula as personal ill-will, or a constant dependency to make negative assumptions about other people in order to invalidate their arguments in advance -- in defence, naturally, of his own touchiness. His unconscious sensitivity makes him sharp in tone, acrimonious, aggressive. Insinuations multiply. His feelings have a sultry and resentful character -- always a mark of inferior function. (1976a, p.350)

I have frequently observed how an analyst, confronted with a terrific thinking type, for instance, will do his utmost to develop the feeling function directly out of the unconscious. Such an attempt is foredoomed to failure, because it involves too great a violation of the conscious standpoint. Should the violation nevertheless be successful, a really compulsive dependence of the patient on the analyst ensues, a transference that can only be brutally terminated, because, having been left without a standpoint, the patient has made the standpoint the analyst.... In order to cushion the impact of the unconscious, an irrational type [c] needs a stronger development of the rational auxiliary function present in consciousness (and vice versa). (1976a, p. 407)

Feeling

Disappointment [is] the strongest incentive to differentiation of feeling... [it] can supply the impulse either for a more or less brutal outburst of affect or for a modification and adjustment of feeling, and hence for its higher development. This culminates in wisdom if feeling is supplemented by reflection and rational insight. Wisdom is never violent: where wisdom reigns there is no conflict between thinking and feeling. (1970b, p 334)

It is true that feelings, if they have an emotional character, are accompanied by physiological affects; but there are definitely feelings which do not change the physiological condition. These feelings are very mental, they are not of an emotional nature. That is the distinction I make. Inasmuch as feeling is a function of values, you will readily understand that this is not a physiological condition. It can be something as abstract as abstract thinking. You would not expect abstract thinking to be physiological condition. Abstract thinking is what the term denotes. Differentiated thinking is rational; and so feeling can be rational in spite of the fact that many people mix up the terminology. (1976b, p. 30)

If you have a value which is overwhelmingly strong for you it will become an emotion at a certain point, namely, when it reaches such an intensity as to cause a physiological enervation. (1976b, p. 26) [a]

The reverse is true of the feeling type. The feeling type, if he is natural, never allows himself to be disturbed by thinking; but when he gets sophisticated and somewhat neurotic he is disturbed by thoughts. Then thinking appears in a compulsory way, he cannot get away from certain thoughts. He is a very nice chap, but he has extraordinary convictions and ideas, and his thinking is of the inferior kind. He is caught by this thinking, entangled in certain thoughts.... On the other hand, an intellectual, when caught by his feelings, says, "I feel just like that," and there is no argument against it. Only when he is thoroughly boiled in his emotion will he come out of it. He cannot be reasoned out of his feeling, and he would be a very incomplete man if he could. (1976b, pp. 18, 19)

She begins consciously to feel "what other people think." Naturally, other people are thinking all sorts of mean things, scheming evil, contriving plots... (1976a, p. 391) [a]

Anyway, my opinion is open to criticism :D I need to learn too... Although I hate discussing my own ideas and thoughts with others. I blame you e5! :backout:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You mean like, if someone was being blatantly disrespectful? Of course. Especially if that disrespect is unwarranted. Fuck people who are like that. Blame it on a savior complex, but I'm always standing up for people in situations like that.

Or do you mean like if I just disagree with someone? If so, then nah. I thrive off of differing opinions. I'm more likely to get upset if people agree with me if they don't have a valid reason to do so.

I'm sure there are more I will remember randomly but here are some off the top of my head.
"You are so bright and wonderful."
"I know one day, you're going to change the world."
"I'm so happy I met you."
"You're so light and happy and smart. You can do all these things. You're never incapable. I look up to you."
[This one was an explanation for why they put 'organized' on my old johari window:] "You have everything planned out. You know what you want to do and you get it done. A determined type of organized. Like a crime boss."

Multiple scenarios. All the possibilities. Then I attempt towards the ones that will most likely result in the best possible outcome.

If it means anything, those aren't in exact order.

Actually, yes! For a while, I identified as ESTJ. I think I'm on the Ne-Si axis as well as the Te-Fi axis, but I am thinking more and more about how my Fi doesn't feel auxilary at all.

At first, I was very confident in my ENFP typing. Then it was like, "Yeah, I'm an ENFP, I just have really strong Te." And now it's all over the place. My purely functional interpretation of MBTI is failing me, really.

[MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION], what do you think of this? I'm seeing lots of Fi and Te, definitely Ne as well, however, not sure how to put these functions in order for her.

Merced, how do you behave in times of stress? How are you like when the world turns their back on you? What makes you go crazy?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION], what do you think of this? I'm seeing lots of Fi and Te, definitely Ne as well, however, not sure how to put these functions in order for her.

Merced, how do you behave in times of stress? How are you like when the world turns their back on you? What makes you go crazy?

Brainy boy reporting for duty :). Hmmm from the above I see clear Fi and Te and both are balanced with he two sort of feeding of each other suggesting that ether isnt dom or inferior so that means defo a ExFP or IxTJ type. From the above I think Merced is a ENFP in a clear Ne/Te loop which would explain why you think your Fi isnt aux as you neglect your Fi a lot for Ne and Te. From our interactions while I see your Te as being very impressive for an ENFP your age I do see it is somewhat forced and not natural and flowing as it would be in a ESTJ. You have this bluntness that many looping Pe/Te ExFPs have that is different from Te dom bluntness in that there is a clear bigger Fi purpose behind the Te outburst. Merced I would say partly the reason for your strong Te is your strong 8 and 3 influences (Another reason why I incline 3w2 over 2w3 as I do think you would be more hmmm more gentle and less blunt were you a 2 fix).