• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questionnaire to help with my type.

PurpleDawn

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
The fact that I constantly question if I’m actually another NP type or an INTJ.
I also want to mention here that I’ve scored literally every intuitive type (excluding ENTJ) on tests. Function tests tend to at least have me on the Te/Fi axis though. Although I have tested high in Ti before, never Fe.
I Don’t fit many a ENFP description nor any stereotypes related to it. I’m more of a loner and get things done on my own. I tend to be stoic and deep in thought the majority of the time rather than social or bubbly (There are definitely people I’m talkative and loud around, but that’s when I actually know and trust someone (which takes time, and obviously sometimes the propinquity fades), other than that being too social isn’t really my thing). I also dislike most people, I’m a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to people but if I like you, you’ve earned my respect. There are several traits a person can have to which I immediately know we won’t get along, such as: Too cheery and extraverted, hedonistic, too attentive to social norms and trends, bubbly and stupid, too attentive to physical appearance, too feminine, too much of a conformist, lacking independence (I also avoid being these things myself since they severely bother me, and hate people that try to label anything I care about as them). I’m too idealistic to really like a lot of people. I feel like I’m just the odd on out and always have. Sure, I hope someone will at some point truly get me, but it’s not likely. I also have a very strong, but often hurt, emotional side that comes up a lot, it’s just never shown to anyone except my absolute best friend. All that said however, I do have my extraverted traits, I like being outside and doing things. I hate being controlled by others. I’m quite adventurous as well, however as said before I can be a bit of a loner in doing so. I’m also rather socially confident and assertive, it’s just I’d rather do my own thing. I also like making new friends, it’s just my standards are VERY high. I’d also never live with another person, it feels that would either be annoying or compromise my independence.
As for where I get my energy, I don’t gain or lose it from being around people. I more gain it through either coming up with ideas, trying out new ideas, or listening to music and lose it when I’m brought down, get bored, or when someone starts to annoy me.
As for functions: I tend to come up on function tests as Ne > Ni > Te > Fi > Ti or something along those lines. I’m big on Ne, Te, and really all the introverted functions, and seem to repress and hate the shit out of Se and Fe.
Enneagram: I relate to 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, to at least some extent, all except for 2 and 9. I relate most to the basic fears of 4 and 8.
All in all, I feel I’m more so extraverted on a function technicality than my sociability or interactions with other people.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
1. Meaning, Independence, Adventure. 2. Because I feel (and have always felt) like I’m an odd one out by default, Because I fear being controlled, Because awesome things (especially ideas) energize me.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Coming up with cool new ideas usually gets me going. I also tend to feel really empowered when doing interesting things and adventuring alone. If it’s with other people I feel they’re helping and I get annoyed. When I’m in a bad mood, I tend to be a hermit and brood way too much

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Quite a bit, although some of this is theoretical though since I try to avoid it:
• Myself, something I care about or something in my identity being categorized as something I’m not or that I hate (an example would be if someone referred to ENFPs as any of those things I listed before, which happens a lot, what a shock!) (Unavoidable and a huge problem for me)
• Not being able to choose who I am
• A lack of independence and control
• Being made to conform
• Feeling misunderstood
• Having no meaning
• Being made act by someone/thing else’s rules
• Needing help or guidance, having someone do things for me (Was an issue even as a young kid. My mother (ESFJ) was very altruistic, protective, and helpful which I tended to resist in favor of doing things alone. I suppose I kind of spited myself in this regard.)
• Being controlled in any way, physically, mentally, spiritually by anyone/thing else

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Personal beliefs, Self-Image, Ideas and reasoning, Independence

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
1. I like to be directly in charge of it and get most of it done myself. 2. Yes, I like control of the outcome.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Nothing in particular comes to mind. But probably playing a game where I don’t have to worry about stats or achievements.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Generally becoming obsessed with it, trying to do as much research as I can, and finding out as much as I can before it becomes mastered, therefore getting old. However, there are many things that I stick with, and I don’t care if they get old or not.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
In terms of projects, getting something done, or morality, I’m very organized. In terms of physical objects, I’m not.

10) How do you judge new ideas/information? Do you try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I think of various ways in which the new idea can work, and I look for information to support it. However, this changes if it’s something that infringes upon a strong personal belief. In which case I will hold a stern framework and try my best to tweak the information before allowing it in. In cases where this just plain cannot be done, I tend to either try to do something about it, or just get depressed and wish it were different. In extreme cases, I may go into denial, but this is quite rare.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Second one all the way. If I try the first one, it feels unnatural and causes major problems within me. (Such as trying to categorize myself in the MBTI and related things. TBH I wish I’d never heard of it, it would save me hours to days of brooding, researching, and perfecting, as well as making my world view a bit brighter. It’s kind of soured me a bit.)

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
1. Very situational, it’s a tough call. 2. One on one, it’s easier and most importantly more real that way

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speak more than words?
1. I generally like to know where I’m leaping 2. It depends, but generally no.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If it’s with trusted friends, and there is no Alcohol, drugs, sex, partying, murder, or people I don’t like/would not like, then the night out all the way, I’ll catch the show later. However, if any of the aforementioned rules are broken, the show wins by a landslide. (To give a better idea, in a perfect world, it’d be the night out)

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Annoyed, cold, perfectionistic, dreading, paranoid

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Mostly listed above in the first question. Just know if you’re an egotistical sex crazed jackass, a bimbo/airhead/rich/party girl or fashionista type, or a whore (both in sex or attention), then I will most certainly hate you.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Literally any theory or topic I’ve been obsessively contemplating or researching lately.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Social status, my physical surroundings and possessions, subjects that don’t peak my interest

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
1. Outgoing, Funny, Quick Witted, Discerning, Intelligent, talks about theories too much. 2. I’m not as outgoing as close friends would likely see me. 3. That I’m airheaded or dim-witted.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Play video games or Go for a walk. On certain days, start some sort of project spawned from a random idea.