• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fine Type Me Genius

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="CfnizRqgh5Y"]Warriors of the World[/YOUTUBE]

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Results
Introversion (I): 9 versus Extroversion (E): 14
Sensing (S): 7 versus Intuition (N): 18
Thinking (T): 17 versus Feeling (F): 5
Judging (J): 16 versus Perceiving (P): 5

Making your MBTI code:

E N T J

:cry:

Is it possible to be internally ENTP and externally seen as ENTJ?

I think I am a P when others arent around or people are pushing my J capabilities. I have learned to plan ahead for my P time. I hate having to stop for little details.

Or is it just that people are more governed by their temperments but the character aspects can vary in circumstance?
It's impossible for us to know what you think is the difference between P and J.
Generally speaking Ps prefer to keep their options open as long as possible before making a decision, and Js tend to hate waiting until the last minute to make a decision. They prefer to have things decided ahead of time.

^ I took it, :shock: Not too sure about the validity of this test.

Results
Introversion (I): 14 versus Extroversion (E): 3
Sensing (S): 0 versus Intuition (N): 20
Thinking (T): 9 versus Feeling (F): 3
Judging (J): 2 versus Perceiving (P): 15

Making your MBTI code:

I N T P
That bums me out.

right then, back to ENTP, thanks
Not necessarily. The questions may have been messed up for F and T but they seem fine for J and P.

Why do you want to be ENTP?
Yes. Why? ENTJs are not defective, you know.

You might to take a look at the cognitive functions because I think the difference between ENTJ and ENTP may be significant enough to be helpful.
I'll go check.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Could you elaborate? I can't see your track.

Thats because you're dicking around with dichotomy bullshit nonsense.

Learn function typology before I sic Victor on you.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
ENTP - Ne Ti Fe Si
ENTJ - Te Ni Se Fi

So yeah. Very different

Short descriptions for each of the different cognitive functions is on this page -
Cracking the Personality Type Code

You can click on the links of each one to read even more detail.
There is no longer a test available that I know of.
I never cared for it anyway.
But someone else may know of another one.

T

ThatGirl

I really have to say that I am probably ENTP almost all the time. But, when it comes down to interacting with others or integrating lifestyles, working on projects, I get very ENTJ. I love to finish ahead of the deadline just in case something doesnt go as planned and adjustments must be made there is plenty of time. If I am going out I have to make sure that all plans are set forth in advance. organized free time. Like mentally dropping your brain off at a day care where it will be safe.

If I have to interact with people I make sure that their actions wont hinder me. I am not sure what that means. But inevitably I am called controlling by everyone. People take a stand against me for no reason at all in order to "prove" to me that I cant always get my way, but I am never getting my way only. I come up with plans that bennifit almost everyone in some way and the ones that are not bennifited remain at neutral. People dont trust me because I take control of situations.

On the other hand, I would love to never have to. I would prefer that people take care of their own crap so I am more than satisfied going about my buisness in lala land than having to crac the whip all the time. I like to go off on a tangent and just go. Run with it. I hate having to stop during those moments and focus on details or carrying someone along behind me. I am perfectly fine interacting with people on temporary basis because as soon as we start to get close ENTJ comes out like michael jackson during thriller.

The functions apply as well. Both were accurate to what I described here.

I really do think I am ENTP not because I want to be but because I thought that if people knew I was ENTP they would have a better understanding of my thought process and who I was so I wouldn't have to sit back and explain myself all the time. For some reason I bring out the worst in people. I also thought it would help to understand other types,

but inevitably I find myself disconnected in perception from what others see. usually that doesn't bother me any except that in my current RL situation, being able to precieve myself from the out side could be incredibly advantageous. I thought MBTI was a system but it doesn't really offer any more clarity does it?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yes. That clarifies it completely.
You are an ENTJ. Sorry.
Unless you have a mental/emotional disorder, like OCD.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I agree with INTJMom this totally sounds like ENTJ(in denial)

To tell you the the truth I think that you should be celebrating.

I mean, how many women are ENTJ?

T

ThatGirl

Hold on now, on the flip side, and there is a flip side. I can't stand people who are so far in one direction that they loose their perspective. Extreme Js are so in a box that I don't see much room for growth unless it is personal. Up against the NTJs that I know I seem very P. I give people the bennifit of the doubt beyone the average persons limits, but as I see it if there is a different explination, it should be explored. It is not until all avenues are exausted that I will say, yes this person is such and such. I find people fascinating in their rationality. I love to study them. I hold a very objective view of people as they don't pretain to me. It is not until it gets personal that the J side comes out.

I love the freedom to explore as I see fit without having the standards of accountability. For instance while I may plan the primiter when I go out, I leave enough room in the middle for complete freedom of action. I am usually the life of the party, or you cant find me while I bounce around from person to person to see what makes them tick.

Case and point, I go out with INTJ friend who prefers piano bars and classy stuff. We are at the club and she is miserable. I tell her "Do you know how many stories are floating around this place? If you just allow yourself you can have fun here and find it interesting." To prove my point I pick a random guy from the bar and sit down to talk to him. In under five min I found out that he had spent jail time for buying a cop lunch with counterfiet money. I thought that was hilarious and continued to analyze with INTJ on what would motivate a person to attempt such a thing. He knew the guy was a cop.

I am very easy going if I don't have to get close to you. I am known for being wierd, creative, and "larger than life", motivated, dominating, not trustworthy, funny, not afraid to look like an idiot, objective, and easy going. I can't spell to save my life and I am not a linear thinker. I hate paper work.

I dont understand how I get such mixed reactions.

I don't believe everything is so concrete

Even as a kid I was highly motivated to figure out the things others could do that I could not. I wanted to have all the skill and talent for myself so I could take it apart and understand it.. Not to one up but because I was fascinated and could only really use myself as research,

Is the craving to learn, refine, and master everything, a feeling? Because if it is I am deffinatley a feeler.

I think that is the most accurate discription I have ever given of myself in these last two posts, and I'm done.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Almost everything you have said is about ENT part.

What makes you think that all J like paper work?
Many of them have much smarter things to do.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hold on now, on the flip side, and there is a flip side. I can't stand people who are so far in one direction that they loose their perspective. Extreme Js are so in a box that I don't see much room for growth unless it is personal. Up against the NTJs that I know I seem very P. I give people the bennifit of the doubt beyone the average persons limits, but as I see it if there is a different explination, it should be explored. It is not until all avenues are exausted that I will say, yes this person is such and such. I find people fascinating in their rationality. I love to study them. I hold a very objective view of people as they don't pretain to me. It is not until it gets personal that the J side comes out.

I love the freedom to explore as I see fit without having the standards of accountability. For instance while I may plan the primiter when I go out, I leave enough room in the middle for complete freedom of action. I am usually the life of the party, or you cant find me while I bounce around from person to person to see what makes them tick.

Case and point, I go out with INTJ friend who prefers piano bars and classy stuff. We are at the club and she is miserable. I tell her "Do you know how many stories are floating around this place? If you just allow yourself you can have fun here and find it interesting." To prove my point I pick a random guy from the bar and sit down to talk to him. In under five min I found out that he had spent jail time for buying a cop lunch with counterfiet money. I thought that was hilarious and continued to analyze with INTJ on what would motivate a person to attempt such a thing. He knew the guy was a cop.

I am very easy going if I don't have to get close to you. I am known for being wierd, creative, and "larger than life", motivated, dominating, not trustworthy, funny, not afraid to look like an idiot, objective, and easy going. I can't spell to save my life and I am not a linear thinker. I hate paper work.

I dont understand how I get such mixed reactions.

I don't believe everything is so concrete

Even as a kid I was highly motivated to figure out the things others could do that I could not. I wanted to have all the skill and talent for myself so I could take it apart and understand it.. Not to one up but because I was fascinated and could only really use myself as research,

Is the craving to learn, refine, and master everything, a feeling? Because if it is I am deffinatley a feeler.

I think that is the most accurate discription I have ever given of myself in these last two posts, and I'm done.
You haven't given the kind of information necessary for me to discern if you are a J or a P. Not only that but you are prejudiced against being a J, so you're not being honest with yourself therefore it's impossible for me to discern your type. However the tests you take always say you're an ENTJ. The Discordia test is the only one I know of where you can't skew the results because of your preconceived ideas... or at least it's very difficult.

The other post where your friends accuse you of being a control freak. That's the one that I tend to believe more. Why? Because your friends are feeding back to you how they feel about your personality. ENTJs come across like a steamroller. And that's what they're telling you.

Perhaps you should study more the difference between J and P. There are whole threads on the differences. Also it's important to remember that the preferences are compared to other people. I used to think I was really observant until I met my husband. Now I understand what they mean when they say "observant".

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
...I am somewhat of a perfectionist in that instead of juggling many details, I minimize them so that lesser details works more efficiently for me. Hence the five outfits in my closet. I had a girl at work rearrange my station to be more organized. It took her an hour. In thirty seconds I had it back to where I thought things should be for covinience and use. To the outsider it was madness.
That's not perfectionism. That is J.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have learned to plan ahead for my P time. I hate having to stop for little details.
You plan ahead. That makes you J.
What is "P time"?
What do you mean by stopping for little details?

T

ThatGirl

I am a steam roller by others perspectives, by my own I am an opportunist. It is just sitting there waiting for someone to grab it but no one is paying attention. By the time people come around, they think I haven't played fairly.

I guess I am a J, I really value control over my own life and that includes the external attributions that are introduced by others. But, I would love to meet someone who is equally if not more competent than I so I can revel in my P-ness under their organization. Problem is I almost always discredit others ideas of organization because of holes that have not been filled.

Thank You all.

T

ThatGirl

You plan ahead. That makes you J.
What is "P time"?
What do you mean by stopping for little details?

P time are those times where things dont have to add up or make sense or maybe everything is not so decisivley calculated.

When you just go on a whim. Even if it makes no discernable sense to do so. Who cares if it makes sense at the moment for some reason I want to follow this just to see where it goes.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
You haven't given the kind of information necessary for me to discern if you are a J or a P. Not only that but you are prejudiced against being a J, so you're not being honest with yourself therefore it's impossible for me to discern your type. However the tests you take always say you're an ENTJ. The Discordia test is the only one I know of where you can't skew the results because of your preconceived ideas... or at least it's very difficult.

The other post where your friends accuse you of being a control freak. That's the one that I tend to believe more. Why? Because your friends are feeding back to you how they feel about your personality. ENTJs come across like a steamroller. And that's what they're telling you.

Perhaps you should study more the difference between J and P. There are whole threads on the differences. Also it's important to remember that the preferences are compared to other people. I used to think I was really observant until I met my husband. Now I understand what they mean when they say "observant".

INTJMom speaks the truth.

From your descriptions, I would say J. The thing that really stood out to me was you saying you liked to do things in advance, so you could make sure nothing went wrong, and that you liked to plan your leisure time in advance so you could have a good time while you were there. Both those things are really J, and would drive a P batty.

Perhaps you're just reacting to some of the negative ENTJ stereotypes, so you don't want to identify as that?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hey THATgirl
one thing to remember is that J or P only mean that either the judging function or percieving function is extraverted
and since your are an extravert, that would leave ENTJ or ENTP

by the fact that you drive your friends crazy with your steamrolling and organization or whatever, you are more likely an ENTJ - a Te dom

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
P time are those times where things dont have to add up or make sense or maybe everything is not so decisivley calculated.

This only means that you are an NT that thinks about things.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
ENTJ people use their thinking to run as much of the world as may be theirs to run. They enjoy executive action and long-range planning. Reliance on thinking makes them logical, analytical, objectively critical, and not likely to be convinced by anything but reasoning. They tend to focus on the ideas, not the person behind the ideas.

They like to think ahead, organize plans, situations, and operations related to a project, and make a systematic effort to reach their objectives on schedule. They have little patience with confusion or inefficiency, and can be tough when the situation calls for toughness.

They think conduct should be ruled by logic, and govern their own behavior accordingly. They live by a definite set of rules that embody their basic judgements about the world. Any change in their ways requires a deliberate change in their rules.

They are mainly interested in seeing the possibilities beyond what is present, obvious, or known. Intuition heightens their intellectual interest, curiosity for new ideas, tolerance for theory, and taste for complex problems.

ENTJs are seldom content in jobs that make no demands upon their intuition. They are stimulated by problems and are often found in executive jobs where they can find and implement new solutions. Because their interest is in the big picture, they may overlook the importance of certain details. Since ENTJs tend to team up with like-minded intuitives who may also underestimate the realities of a situation, they usually need a person around with good common sense to bring up overlooked facts and take care of important details.

Like the other decisive types, ENTJs run the risk of deciding too quickly before they have fully examined the situation. They need to stop and listen to the other person's viewpoint, especially with people who are not in a position to talk back. This is seldom easy for them, but if they do not take time to understand, they may judge too quickly, without enough facts or enough regard for what other people think or feel.

ENTJs may need to work at taking feeling values into account. Relying so much on their logical approach, they may overlook feeling values--what they care about and what other people care about. If feeling values are ignored too much, they may build up pressure and expression in inappropriate ways. Although ENTJs are naturally good at seeing what is illogical and inconsistent, they may need to develop the art of appreciation. One positive way to exercise their feelings is though appreciation of other people's merits and ideas. ENTJs who learn to make it a rule to mention what they like, not merely what needs correcting, find the results worthwhile both in their work and in their private lives.

Summary - ENTJ​
Contributions to the Organization

• Bring strong ideals of how organizations should treat people​
  • Enjoy leading and facilitating teams​
  • Enjoy cooperation​
  • Communicate organizational values​
  • Like to bring matters to fruitful conclusions​
Leadership Style

• Lead through personal enthusiasm​
  • Take a participative stance in managing people and projects​
  • Responsive to followers' needs​
  • Challenge the organization to make actions congruent with values​
  • Inspire change​
Preferred Work Environment

• Contains individuals focused on changing things for the betterment of others​
  • People-oriented​
  • Supportive and social​
  • Has a spirit of harmony​
  • Encourages expression of self​
  • Settled​
  • Orderly​
Potential Pitfalls

• May idealize others and suffer from blind loyalty​
  • May sweep problems under the rug when in conflict​
  • May ignore the task in favor of relationship issues​
  • May take criticism personally​
Suggestions for Development

• May need to recognize the limitations of people and guard against unquestioning loyalty​
  • May need to learn to manage conflict productively​
  • May need to pay as much attention to the details of the task as to the people​
  • May need to suspend self-criticism and listen carefully to the objective information contained in feedback​
ENTJ - Murray State

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7

Intuitives, in general, wouldn't call themselves linear thinkers.
They are the kinds of people who can easily go from Step A to Step Z often without knowing how they got there.

Also I don't think anyone seriously likes paper work, ;)

It's hard to say if you are an ENTJ or ENTP but you know better than any of us do, :)