• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

anyone willing to type me? (confused xNxP)

ryecatcher5

hey! i posed an earlier thread on here, but it kind of got buried, and plus i think the fact that it was kind of a wall of text scared people off lol. but anyway i'm confused about my type (i've gotten infp, enfp, entp, and my friend who knows mbti says i'm an intp) so i'm not really sure which one i am lmao. so if anyone could help me out, it would be much appreciated!

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
i'm not terribly religious or spiritual. i don't really think about that kind of stuff much, to be honest. it simply doesn't strike me as that important. i am, oddly, superstitious, but i have an uneasy sort of approach to things like that– i'll look for patterns, etc in happenings and try to predict an outcome, but it's more a skeptical sort of humoring of my hopes for the future than anything else.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
war is an ugly thing, but it's impossible to avoid– there's always going to be someone who screws things up for everybody and starts conflict. and it's unrealistic to expect everyone to get along all the time, or even some of the time. it's a nice idea, but it can't happen. power, simply, is control over something or someone. the amount of power you hold is the extent of your influence over others' actions, lives, thoughts, beliefs, etc.

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself? What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
+intelligent, empathetic, creative, gentle/supportive, tactful, energetic/friendly with people i know, laid-back/easygoing, non-confrontational, generous with friends
- quiet/reserved at times, can be emotionally distant, can be afraid to show affection, scattered/disorganized, thoughtless, can be selfish, can be a loner, overly passive
my friends have described me as contemplative, kind, distracted, analytical but not logical, funny in a self-deprecating way

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
my longest deepest conversations have been at 11 pm when i text my infj friend (who has insomnia) with random, improbable ideas. but seriously, i can't really remember? i talk a lot about theories and things. lots of stuff about people i know, trying to figure them out. also about the government (trying to figure it out). i talk a lot about politics. but it's most fun for me to talk about science. idk haha i can't remember.
my interests right now include: chemistry, pathology/virology, running, drawing, writing (i want to write a book someday), and playing flute. i've always been interested in the sciences. i also like to psychoanalyze people, is that an interest?

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
yes! i'm fascinated with the study of pathology/virology and so i'm very interested in that. i can talk your ear off for hours about it. it's kind of a fear-driven interest, because i'm terrified of infectious disease and yet would love to study it. i can become paranoid about germs/parasites but in general i'm pretty calm, though. i'm not so much a health nut, but i do like to stay in shape and i run and swim. i also watch what i eat to make sure i'm not eating too much junk but i won't count calories obsessively or anything.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
i don't cry that easily at all. if i'm crying, it's really, really gotten to me. especially if i'm letting someone else see me cry. it's not that i'm unaware of my emotions, but i tend to bottle the negative ones as much as possible. my friends always make me smile! i love a good joke and hanging out with them is always a great time. also dogs. dogs will always make me smile, 10/10.

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

i like intelligence, above all; i don't mind people who are unintelligent but i really, really would prefer to carry an intellectual/deep conversation with you. i'm pretty chill with most people. people who are witty and funny are the best. i especially admire comedians– i wish i was like them (i'm not un-funny, but my jokes are kind of hit-or-miss lol). i also admire creativity.
i cannot stand annoyingness, clinginess, or people who are melodramatic though. it just gets on my nerves. i like my space. i also don't like nagging.

my best friends are an istj, entj, and infj. i have a group of really close friends as well, and in those are several entps (like 3, which i'm thinking is a lot of them for such a supposedly rare type?) and a few enfps, among others.