• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me solve my type

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've so far spent a week on researching MBTI and cognitive functions, and even though I seem to have hunches on who I am, I will keep it a secret and let you decide. The main reason I want to get a final answer on my type is so that I could confidently choose which aspects of my personality should I emphasize on when improving myself. I tend to be slightly obsessed with power, and power comes from proper actions and decisions, but those depend on knowledge and confidence. I hope you'll help me solve the knowledge and confidence part of my self-improvement chain here. Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is long, but I tried to make it as functional as possible.

Information and reality: I tend to intake as much information that surrounds me as possible, but I never dig too deep into it. I’m more comfortable with seeing reality as a “web” of interconnected symbols, pictures, objects, smells, colors, shapes, etc. For me it does not matter much what arcane truths are hidden beneath the surface, what matters to me is whether my reality “web” has taken an authentic enough form to guide me in life, whether that reality “web” is fleshed-out and reliable enough to help me make the right decisions and understand every situation.

Knowledge: I tend to have rather strange interests for my age (politics, philosophy, psychology, military, religion), and due to this I tend to more often succeed in holding a conversation with people usually 20 years older than me, and quite enjoy it. Conversations within my age group either don’t start at all, or end awkwardly and abruptly, but conversations with older people can last up to 3-4 hours until I have physical pain in my throat.

Making up my mind: I tend to come to conclusions about many things on my own. It takes an enormous amount of time for me to arrive at a solid conclusion even in the simplest of topics, but once I do, I am ready to defend that conclusion to death, with a sword in one hand and a flag in the other. I cannot say that my conclusions are very empirical. I refer to solid facts and data at the start of the process, but I finalize it mostly based on what my intuition decides. I’m so dependent on intuition in my life, that I’ve come to consciously delegate to it decision almost on a daily basis. Even in things as stupid as deciding whether I should walk on the right or left side of the road, which is “safer” and “more efficient in the end”.
Since I tend to defend my conclusions so rigorously, that is why I don’t take “concluding” very lightly. My life depends on the “correct” conclusion, or what I perceive as correct. And in order for that conclusion to be “correct”, both my logic and my intuition need to agree with it. (after lengthy internal battles)

Debates: Once I have arrived at my “correct” conclusion, I maintain confidence in it based on how much effort I’ve put into it, and based on how much my “correct” answer defines me (even if I’m factually incorrect), because I don’t feel like betraying my intuition nor my logic, in favor of someone else’s. So ultimately, I enter debates with what seems to be logical empirical data, but as the debate progresses, I start caring less about the truth, and more about domination. I need to subject people to my reality, because I believe that if we all learn to live by my rules and my visions, we will become more efficient as a collective. The weird thing is, I actually always regret entering debates, but that happens only after the debate ended. When I realized I ended up hurting the person even though it wasn’t my intention, I was merely passionate about my theory or my conclusion.

Skills and competence: Whenever I talk to a “smart” person, and by “smart” I mean someone who’s eloquent and seems to possess knowledge on many subjects, if that person mentions a topic or fact which I have never heard of before, I will feel intimidated by it. If that person knows about more things than I know, it means I’m weaker, and I can’t stand being weak. As soon as I understand that the person is definitely more knowledgeable and “savvy” than me, I will become less active in the conversation and more worried about being perceived as stupid. My strategy is “the less I say the less likely will I reveal my ignorance to him”. Once our, now one-sided conversation ends, and we part ways - as soon as I will become alone - my first knee-jerk reaction will be to look up the topics he spoke of, and include that knowledge into my “reality web”, so that next time we speak, I will be at least half-prepared to take the “challenge” of the conversation.

My external image: Until around 18 years old I didn’t care much about what I was wearing. Both of my parents were however quite “elegant” and “smart”, not too many colors, with a heavy leaning towards classical styles, cold, smart, aristocratic. So even though I didn’t care about my attire, the clothes they bought me met mediocre standards. After 20 years old however, I dove head-deep into experimenting with different elegant styles that would fit me, I picked a strict pattern of colors (beige, black, white), and developed an “efficient” style which would make my clothes appropriate for a business meeting, a romantic date in the city, or a general stroll outside. The clothes I wear are mostly strict, but with a slight playful flare. I tend to spend a lot of money and time on buying the right item to wear (I spent 2 months searching for the right jacket last summer), but I don’t have a large selection of clothes, as I tend to wear the same ensembles.
My demands are: I don’t want to waste too much time deciding what to wear everyday, so I need something I can wear everyday, but at the same time it must look elegant and of good quality fabric. (most of my clothes tend to be quite expensive, but my overall wardrobe is extremely small)

Concentration and problem solving I: I cannot solve a problem unless I have a passion for it, or unless I’m challenged to it.
The passion part is simple - if I like the subject the problem relates to, I can spend endless time, sleepless nights, neglecting my health and my surroundings, just to solve it. As an example, I spent 2 years solving a problem related to one of my passions, and I thought about it everyday, although with different intensity.
The challenge part is as follows - I tend to avoid problems that don’t interest me, but if my competence is challenged (i.e. if my reputation is of that IT guy, and I need to maintain that reputation), then if someone approaches me with an IT-related problem, I will spend 12 hours sitting on the chair, not going to the bathroom, not eating, until that problem is solved. In this situation, I am less interested in finding the solution for solution’s sake, but more in finding the solution to prove my competence, that I live up to my name as “that IT guy”. Sometimes I spent weeks on such problems, and if I would fail to solve it, I would be completely devastated inside, and feel unworthy.

Problem solving II: Usually I prefer to solve problems in a comfortable environment with no stress nor rush. However I often end up finding myself in situations when I’m pressing my assignments too close to the deadline, or am in general just ambushed by responsibility out of nowhere. My first response is silent panic and loss, but my second response is always the same: I know I must solve the problem no matter what, and the best way to do it is to use efficient methods: tables, structures, charts, hierarchies. If the problem is related to a broken laptop, then I quickly brainstorm everything that could be potentially wrong with it, put all those “potential problems” into a list, sort the list into a hierarchy based either by likelihood, or by risk/danger criteria. And start trouble-shooting based on that list. If the task however isn’t to fix a broken machine, but to write an essay, I would take as many sources relevant to my topic, dump bits and pieces I find important into one very ugly salad, then pull that salad apart piece by piece into separate categories based on context or relevance, then put those categories into a hierarchy, and then by the time I am writing my first draft, all I really have to do is rephrase my hierarchical-salad, because the essay is kinda already done, without me actually “writing” it.

Final notes:

Fights: I was always the introverted silent guy in school, but I was never subject to bullying unlike other silent/withdrawn types. In junior school I actually enjoyed physical fights, because they allowed me to unleash my “creative” potential in making “cool kicks” and “cool punches”. And internally I am even today quite excited about it, it’s very ecstatic to feel the freedom a fight provides. But despite my desire to experience violence, today when I am faced with a potential fight scenario, I usually don’t do it and try to resolve the situation peacefully. Mainly because I know as an adult I won’t be efficient in a fight due to lack of training, and lack of efficiency can cause problems. I might hurt myself unnecessarily, or hurt my opponent in a way that might land me in jail. So no matter how much I desire to “release” physically, I never do it due to fear of incompetence.

Socializing: closer to high-school and college years, people often referred to me as “the james-bond villain”, and my favorite phrase in one of my language classes was “I want to conquer the world.” I used to overuse that phrase to compensate for my lack of knowledge of the language, since I was kinda bored with that particular class (even though I am multilingual since childhood and constantly try to tackle new languages on my own)
People know that approaching me is difficult, because (1) I hate small-talk, as there simply isn’t anything more inefficient and time-wasteful than small-talk, and (2) if someone manages to drag me into a conversation, it will soon transform into a debate, and the debate will soon transform into a game of domination, with me desiring the throne against all odds.
The most recent response I get from people when we touch upon complicated subjects is this:
- “Okay, I know you’re studying this in university or otherwise have learned it elsewhere, I know the depth of your knowledge on this topic is greater than mine, and I frankly don’t want to talk about that with you. Can’t we just mingle and socialize?”
To which the inner-voice inside my head responds:
- “But socializing for the sake of socializing, is a waste of time. It’s inefficient. Imagine how much of that time I could actually devote to improving myself. Instead of talking 2 hours to you about nothing, I could spend 2 hours learning French verb tenses.”
I don’t respond this way out-loud however. My pronounced external response to him is just “Okay.” And then I withdraw from the conversation, and let him take the lead, after which things become awkward.

The reason I dislike small-talk is also the reason why I’ve recently stopped playing games or watching movies. If these things cannot improve me directly, then I am spending my life away on emptiness, and thinking of that horrifies me.

Emotions: I usually tend to stay somewhat in touch with my emotions, although I do have a love-hate relationship with them. I know they’re there, and in most cases I know why they behave the way they do, but more often I tend to either suppress them or pretend like the cause is something else. I don’t want to waste my time on them, because I find them useless in the long term.
Regarding other peoples’ emotions, since I have high standards of “emotional durability” for myself, I end up projecting those standards on others as well. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve unintentionally hurt a person. But I tend to understand their pain only post-factum. My friends aside, the greatest victim of my external coldness is my father. So far 3 times in my life, my insensitivity destroyed my relationship with him. Sometimes we didn’t talk for 2-3 years just because I refused to acknowledge that there is a logical reason for him to feel hurt.

Obsession with structures: When I was 14 years old, I started writing my own improvised “constitution” for a “secret society” I came up with for reasons unknown. I took great care and interest in writing what seemed like a very precise legal document, defining the groups, the responsibilities, the sanctions, the ideals, the functions, and interconnections between different members of that “secret society”. In my late teens, during the global MMORPG craze, I spent 5 years managing a guild of 200 people, and later ascending to the position of an “advisor” that had to behave as a mediator between the gaming community and the server admins. My primary contribution in both of these positions was structuring and restructuring hierarchy and interconnections between different members, probably for efficiency purposes, although I could happily do it all day for no reason whatsoever. I was often nominated to different leadership positions, but preferred to give that position away to a more extroverted person, while staying close to him and influencing his decisions.

isn't anything

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
either intentionally immature intj or trying very hard to seem intj but not, maybe unhealthy exfp or just a really immature entp

case in point:
So ultimately, I enter debates with what seems to be logical empirical data, but as the debate progresses, I start caring less about the truth, and more about domination. I need to subject people to my reality, because I believe that if we all learn to live by my rules and my visions, we will become more efficient as a collective.

knew pretty early on where this was headed but stopped reading immediately after that
either way you would find yourself very at home on /pol/

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ
either intentionally immature intj or trying very hard to seem intj but probably istj

Any other guesses? I remember doing an MBTI test few years ago and scoring as INTJ.
I re-discovered MBTI few weeks ago and started scoring INTP about 60% of my attempts and INTJ the other 40%.
I also attempted a Socionics test and scored as ILI-1Ni (INTp) "Intuitive Logical Introvert - The Critic"

I don't mind being not-an-INTP and not-an-INTJ, but briefly looking into ISTJ, I don't really see how it fits me. Even though I like building hierarchies, I'm not really fond of playing their roles. As a close relative of mine said who spent most of his life in the military bureaucracy: "I simply can't imagine you as a (commissioned) officer." I like structure and organization, when it's mine. If it isn't however, I'm more likely to seek shortcuts or bypasses when possible. (I don't have the patience for an existing framework, especially if I find it excessively bureaucratic)
I also don't see much emphasis being put on intuition in the ISTJ. Intuition has saved my backside way too many times in life in order for me to disregard it. You know that sudden very powerful "something's off" feeling, even though everything doesn't appear to be out of the ordinary? Those sudden "off" things are extremely effective and central in my life, and I'm not overblowing it here.
I also haven't found much emphasis on self-improvement and learning in the ISTJ type. If I had the liberty to do so, I'd love to attend classes for the rest of my life to cover all the subjects available to create a bigger picture of the world.
Lastly, it seems ISTJ is given the "Tactical and bold problem solver. Not strong with concepts and theories." aspect. It's true that I'm often more tactical than strategic, but I absolutely love theories, especially abstract ones, and produce them on a daily basis on absolutely every subject. I'm quite horrible at precision, which is why I avoid subjects like maths, accounting, or anything that has a lot to do with excessive numbers. I actually had to take accounting courses, and failed my exams without being able to figure out what's happening.

So the lack of priority to intuition and abstract concepts in the ISTJ kind of disappoints me. Any other suggestions?

knew pretty early on where this was headed but stopped reading immediately after that
either way you would find yourself very at home on /pol/

I would but it took me about a month to get bored of it. I didn't really engage in discussions there, just checked in for some laughs.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Classic INTJ with strong ego and desire to control and dominate, IMO. May you grow more mature as you age.

isn't anything

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
ngl you seem to love talking like you're getting paid per word
i changed my mind while you were responding
i'm probably gonna settle on immature entp. no offense, taking this at face value you seem grossly narcissistic, arrogant, and overly sure of yourself, but clearly there's some underlying self esteem issues going on there as you pointed out yourself
you're definitely e vs. i because you talk about yourself mostly in relation to how other people see you, which really doesn't come off as i to me
also you "do" "this" a "lot" which just seems very entp to me
i am no expert

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ
Classic INTJ with strong ego and desire to control and dominate, IMO.

Thanks for the input. I agree with your assessment of my ego and domination tendencies, I am fully aware of them. Although these tend to come out in very specific situations and around very specific people. I'm struggling to put a leash on myself, but at times it feels like the dangerous parts of my personality are always leaking through the cracks. Some love it, some hate it. But creating a systematized structure inside myself is among my top priorities. Which is why I seek to understand my psyche better first.

May you grow more mature as you age.

Eventually we all do. Well, most of us.

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ
ngl you seem to love talking like you're getting paid per word
i changed my mind while you were responding
i'm probably gonna settle on immature entp. no offense, taking this at face value you seem grossly narcissistic, arrogant, and overly sure of yourself
you're definitely e vs. i because you talk about yourself mostly in relation to how other people see you, which really doesn't come off as i to me
also you "do" "this" a "lot" which just seems very entp to me
i am no expert

When I expect other people to analyze my personality, of course I am going to put some emphasis on how others see me. It's like looking into a mirror as opposed to looking at your photo. The mirror image is distorted, because it is flipped sideways. I want a reliable result, which is why I'm throwing everything I can into the blender. I usually tend to score quite low on narcissism, although I won't deny some of it is present. The problem is that I tend to set out very high standards for myself and others, and me failing to meet my own overblown standards creates problems.

The reason I use quotation marks a lot is because I like structure. I tend to write a lot of texts both for hobby reasons and academic reasons, and every piece of text I produce is a system of layers for me. Different parts of the texts, different words in the sentence may hold a value that is incompatible with the rest of the text. For instance, if the paragraph is constructed using entirely academic language and style, but I need to throw-in a few pieces of terminology I came up with myself to aid a narrative, I will highlight that distinction between the professional and unprofessional by using some form of punctuation.

As for ENTP. The "E" in part is kind of worrying.
I have never been an E my entire life, and whenever I attempted doing so, I burned myself out within minutes.

isn't anything

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
When I expect other people to analyze my personality, of course I am going to put some emphasis on how others see me. It's like looking into a mirror as opposed to looking at your photo. The mirror image is distorted, because it is flipped sideways. I want a reliable result, which is why I'm throwing everything I can into the blender. I usually tend to score quite low on narcissism, although I won't deny some of it is present. The problem is that I tend to set out very high standards for myself and others, and me failing to meet my own overblown standards creates problems.

The reason I use quotation marks a lot is because I like structure. I tend to write a lot of texts both for hobby reasons and academic reasons, and every piece of text I produce is a system of layers for me. Different parts of the texts, different words in the sentence may hold a value that is incompatible with the rest of the text. For instance, if the paragraph is constructed using entirely academic language and style, but I need to throw-in a few pieces of terminology I came up with myself to aid a narrative, I will highlight that distinction between the professional and unprofessional by using some form of punctuation.

ok i'm throwing my hat in the ring for immature XNTJ final offer
when you describe yourself in an attempt to get typed you're going to talk about yourself, how you talk about yourself is pretty much wedded to how you see yourself, whether it be based off of internal or external factors, you talk about yourself mostly in relation to how you come off to other people. if you were introverted/introspective your analysis of self would in my opinion be more internally directed. at least that's how i see it

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ
ok i'm throwing my hat in the ring for immature XNTJ final offer
when you describe yourself in an attempt to get typed you're going to talk about yourself, how you talk about yourself is pretty much wedded to how you see yourself, whether it be based off of internal or external factors, you talk about yourself mostly in relation to how you come off to other people. if you were introverted/introspective your analysis of self would in my opinion be more internally directed. at least that's how i see it

It is logical to assume that introverts should talk about how they see themselves. But if my main purpose here is to determine my personality type, what category I fit into, then that logically already implies that I do not fully understand myself, which is why I'm seeking help. If I would begin to speak strictly from an introverted point of view, then your assessment would be vulnerable to every single mistake and misconception I may have about myself. Which is why I put more faith into how others see me, as their perception is less clouded and less biased than mine.

Nevertheless, of course both introverted and extroverted perspectives need to work in conjunction. I apologize if I provided insufficient information on one of them.

isn't anything

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
It is logical to assume that introverts should talk about how they see themselves. But if my main purpose here is to determine my personality type, what category I fit into, then that logically already implies that I do not fully understand myself, which is why I'm seeking help. If I would begin to speak strictly from an introverted point of view, then your assessment would be vulnerable to every single mistake and misconception I may have about myself. Which is why I put more faith into how others see me, as their perception is less clouded and less biased than mine.

Nevertheless, of course both introverted and extroverted perspectives need to work in conjunction. I apologize if I provided insufficient information on one of them.

Okay I'm gonna get pretty serious here. I finally figured out which personality type I was by A) taking a cognitive function test (and it only works if you're completely honest), and then B) plucking habits of mine and specific occurrences and defining them in terms of the cognitive functions. For painstaking example, I find it incredibly difficult to form lasting relationships with potential partners because: Ni causes me to qualify the person in terms of how they will function in my life, rigidly so, with often unrealistic expectations. Te causes me to pursue this relationship rampantly and analytically, cripplingly so, and often times without consideration for how I may be coming off to that person. Fi causes me to question why my emotions aren't aligning with how I expected them to, as well as question why the other individual is pushing away and not understanding where I'm coming from. Finally, my Se causes me to conclude that my immediate surroundings are unrewarding and unfulfilling and therefore I return to my Ni. I'm ultimately cautiously optimistic about this because I'm still a teenager and haven't fully developed my Te. This is one of the problems with being a Turbulent INTJ with high Fi.

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay I'm gonna get pretty serious here. I finally figured out which personality type I was by A) taking a cognitive function test (and it only works if you're completely honest), and then B) plucking habits of mine and specific occurrences and defining them in terms of the cognitive functions. For painstaking example, I find it incredibly difficult to form lasting relationships with potential partners because: Ni causes me to qualify the person in terms of how they will function in my life, rigidly so, with often unrealistic expectations. Te causes me to pursue this relationship rampantly and analytically, cripplingly so, and often times without consideration for how I may be coming off to that person. Fi causes me to question why my emotions aren't aligning with how I expected them to, as well as question why the other individual is pushing away and not understanding where I'm coming from. Finally, my Se causes me to conclude that my immediate surroundings are unrewarding and unfulfilling and therefore I return to my Ni. I'm ultimately cautiously optimistic about this because I'm still a teenager and haven't fully developed my Te. This is one of the problems with being a Turbulent INTJ with high Fi.

I tried working out cognitive functions myself as well. The problem for me is not my lack of honesty, but my lack of consistency and certainty. Whenever I'm faced with questions or whenever I must put myself into a particular category, I often struggle greatly, because my imagination instantly puts me into the shoes of absolutely any personality that's being suggested. If I would be a film director or a fiction writer, I would quite easily be able to place myself into the shoes of every single character, and act out the story accordingly. And I do sometimes tend to indulge in such role-play because I'm interested in seeing how these characters would behave when they're put in particular situations, how would their abilities and traits fare against an unexpected challenge they never faced before. And for whatever reason, this role-play system keeps flipping itself on very often either when I take tests or when I try to assess my own behavior and thought-process. This causes me to fluctuate between traits. I constantly imagine a particular scenario and context for a particular question, in order to play it all out in my head to see the outcome and give an answer. Without a doubt, that tends to sabotage my results very often, but I don't have a different way of approaching these questions. It is always all very context based, very scene based, and my brain keeps generating those scenes.
Who knows maybe I have split personalities or something. But even if that's the case, I need to figure out the dominant one.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only read 1/4 of the OP and decided on ENFP. Right or wrong?

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ
I only read 1/4 of the OP and decided on ENFP. Right or wrong?

I thought INTPs aren't satisfied with just the surface and need to dig deep before making a conclusion.
Anyway, the ENFP type is interesting, and I can relate some of its traits to myself, but those traits are secondary in me - a tool I developed to weasel out of difficult or unpleasant situations, which otherwise my non-ENFP-ish self is constantly creating. Additionally, you're not the first here to give an "E" suggestion, but this is a big mistake. Extroversion drains me in all senses of the word. I can be somewhat extroverted only with my parents and my childhood friend. As for other relatives like my uncle or cousins, or teachers in school and professors in university, or classmates and other people in my environment, I am incredibly introverted, and come out of the shell only when I have an urgency to accomplish something. (or jump into a debate)
As a kid, from around 5 years old till around 13, I was placed into a ballroom dancing school. Me and my dancing partner became the most successful in the class. We took part in countless regional and national dancing competitions, and even once participated in an international competition, earning 2nd place out of hundreds of competitors. You could say I was "trained" to be extroverted, but only through physical movement on the dance floor, since I had to learn to feel comfortable to perform in front of an audience. But that's as far as my extroversion went. After I quit dancing, I became introverted even physically, not just verbally. Although I have since then been making a conscious effort to get rid of physical introversion since it can contribute to clumsiness.
In terms of romantic relationships, I would prefer to just find one proper correct partner for myself, and stick with that person for the rest of time. However, I don't at all make an effort at reaching out to people or to potential partners. All of the dates I've been on happened only because I was invited to them and not the other way around.
ENFPs seems to be extremely people oriented, but I wouldn't say I at all am.
Additionally, this is an online forum board, not a physical round-table meeting. Had it been the second, you wouldn't be able to get much information out of me.

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ

Thanks for your input, although now I'm starting to think a typology forum is no different from an online MBTI test questionnaire. At least those tests gave inconsistent results between INTJ and INTP, and I had to decide between the two. The answers on this forum though seem to be scattered all over the place, soon I'll become half of the personalities available in the MBTI system.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Thanks for your input, although now I'm starting to think a typology forum is no different from an online MBTI test questionnaire. At least those tests gave inconsistent results between INTJ and INTP, and I had to decide between the two. The answers on this forum though seem to be scattered all over the place, soon I'll become half of the personalities available in the MBTI system.

Yeah but I actually have a method for typing people ; ) (even though it's still quite new and experimental and subject to errors)

But what I'm seeing is that in your post, up until the point about "Debates" you seem to be using logical propositions - that is, judgements that put something into a category based on impersonal criteria, in this case yourself. In the Debates section you mention more about processes (I'm not sure why it's Ne specifically, although it does sound quite abstract in expression, and the descriptive nature rather than judgement based nature implies a perception process). In the My external image part, you mention the past, which indicates Si to me in this case, or rather fits with the function order that goes Ti->Ne->Si->Fe. I didn't read the full post unfortunately, so I can't point to the Fe, although hypothetically it starts when the Si ends (depending on how you constructed the OP that is - i.e. if you wrote it from start to finish, then the Fe comes after the Si).

So, I'm not sure if that made too much sense, but now you have my general reasoning as to why you are INTP (and not INTJ - I don't see you starting your post with Ni, it fits much better to my mind with Ti).

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah but I actually have a method for typing people ; ) (even though it's still quite new and experimental and subject to errors)

But what I'm seeing is that in your post, up until the point about "Debates" you seem to be using logical propositions - that is, judgements that put something into a category based on impersonal criteria, in this case yourself. In the Debates section you mention more about processes (I'm not sure why it's Ne specifically, although it does sound quite abstract in expression, and the descriptive nature rather than judgement based nature implies a perception process). In the My external image part, you mention the past, which indicates Si to me in this case, or rather fits with the function order that goes Ti->Ne->Si->Fe. I didn't read the full post unfortunately, so I can't point to the Fe, although hypothetically it starts when the Si ends (depending on how you constructed the OP that is - i.e. if you wrote it from start to finish, then the Fe comes after the Si).

So, I'm not sure if that made too much sense, but now you have my general reasoning as to why you are INTP (and not INTJ - I don't see you starting your post with Ni, it fits much better to my mind with Ti).

My post originally contained several categories, no introduction. I wrote it for a different community. But then decided to share it here as well, after which I decided to add an introduction to clarify the purpose rather than throwing raw descriptions of myself out there. Then I've read through my OP several more times, improved the description, and later added several more categories I realized could be relevant at the bottom.

Now that you know about the processes behind the OP post, how should this affect your formula?
And just to clarify, the process of how I created the OP post resembles many of the things I make/produce in life. I start off with a somewhat raw skeleton, but then I proceed to refine it by adding additional flesh on top and bottom, improving the middle.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
My post originally contained several categories, no introduction. I wrote it for a different community. But then decided to share it here as well, after which I decided to add an introduction to clarify the purpose rather than throwing raw descriptions of myself out there. Then I've read through my OP several more times, improved the description, and later added several more categories I realized could be relevant at the bottom.

Now that you know about the processes behind the OP post, how should this affect your formula?
And just to clarify, the process of how I created the OP post resembles many of the things I make/produce in life. I start off with a somewhat raw skeleton, but then I proceed to refine it by adding additional flesh on top and bottom, improving the middle.

Well, it would explain why I had trouble seeing the full function order, but it wouldn't change that I am perceiving Ti as the predominant function used.

(and I'll reiterate again that I'm still learning how to apply this method, so my typing is far from foolproof)

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks, Legion. And thanks everybody else for the effort.
I have a strong feeling that it will be impossible to accurately place me into a particular personality group, because, possibly, my personality is not fully matured yet. It will probably be easier to do by the time I'm 30 or so. For now I know I'm confidently wedged in between an INTJ, INTP, and ENFP. That's a bit broad of a spread, but also narrow enough to experiment with and test goals/priorities, and how they work out for me in the end. (P.S. just did a test to identify whether I'm J or P, got: You are 80% Judging and 20% Perceiving)