• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me solve my type

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
soigneerin said:
I have a strong feeling that it will be impossible to accurately place me into a particular personality group, because, possibly, my personality is not fully matured yet. It will probably be easier to do by the time I'm 30 or so.

That's incorrect - even a child's type can be accurately determined if the method used is valid. Unfortunately, due to a general lack of knowledge on how to type people, especially through internet posts, even by 30 it may be no clearer, and if it does become clearer it will be more a case of learning more about the system rather than having matured more.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought INTPs aren't satisfied with just the surface and need to dig deep before making a conclusion.
Anyway, the ENFP type is interesting, and I can relate some of its traits to myself, but those traits are secondary in me - a tool I developed to weasel out of difficult or unpleasant situations, which otherwise my non-ENFP-ish self is constantly creating. Additionally, you're not the first here to give an "E" suggestion, but this is a big mistake. Extroversion drains me in all senses of the word. I can be somewhat extroverted only with my parents and my childhood friend. As for other relatives like my uncle or cousins, or teachers in school and professors in university, or classmates and other people in my environment, I am incredibly introverted, and come out of the shell only when I have an urgency to accomplish something. (or jump into a debate)
As a kid, from around 5 years old till around 13, I was placed into a ballroom dancing school. Me and my dancing partner became the most successful in the class. We took part in countless regional and national dancing competitions, and even once participated in an international competition, earning 2nd place out of hundreds of competitors. You could say I was "trained" to be extroverted, but only through physical movement on the dance floor, since I had to learn to feel comfortable to perform in front of an audience. But that's as far as my extroversion went. After I quit dancing, I became introverted even physically, not just verbally. Although I have since then been making a conscious effort to get rid of physical introversion since it can contribute to clumsiness.
In terms of romantic relationships, I would prefer to just find one proper correct partner for myself, and stick with that person for the rest of time. However, I don't at all make an effort at reaching out to people or to potential partners. All of the dates I've been on happened only because I was invited to them and not the other way around.
ENFPs seems to be extremely people oriented, but I wouldn't say I at all am.
Additionally, this is an online forum board, not a physical round-table meeting. Had it been the second, you wouldn't be able to get much information out of me.

I'm not saying you're an extrovert, I'm saying you are Ne dominant.

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ
Just did this test here: Jungian Cognitive Functions Test

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (75%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods
Ti (Introverted Thinking) (75%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational
Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (60%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli
Ni (Introverted Intuition) (95%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity
Se (Extroverted Sensing) (20%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment
Si (Introverted Sensing) (60%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments
Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (25%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups
Fi (Introverted Feeling) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - intj

I think when I was trying to identify my functions on my own, without tests, I had the biggest difficulty with identifying Se/Si.

I forgot to mention genre and character preference.
As a kid my movie idol was James Bond played by Pierce Brosnan. Often when I became conscious of my external image and behavior, I tried to imitate him. (don't like the other actors)
Today whenever I get invited to a date, and the date suggests going to a cinema, my primary preference is always to pick either a spy thriller (along the lines of Jason Bourne, or Vantage Point) or something a bit more tricky like Inception. I like mystery being mixed into reality, whether the mystery has political or psychological grounds. And I love to see the character survive in a hostile environment by utilizing precise, efficient methods/tools in his environment. (like Jason Bourne for instance, although of course his character is extremely overblown). This preference though seems to be totally uninteresting to all of my dates.

In my academic sphere I had a large selection of subjects to choose from related to international relations and politics, but those I enjoyed the most and scored the best at were:
1. Intelligence Studies (CIA/MI6/FSB/etc), mostly about how intelligence agencies operate, and the difficulties and limits of transparency and power they can have.
2. Nuclear Politics - How the system of international relations impacts the creation, maintenance and dangers of nuclear armaments, and how the world should be restructured politically to reduce the risk of a nuclear disaster.
3. International relations history - how the political order changed in Europe since middle ages, how war was avoided through the maintenance and shifting of alliances, and based on which mutual agreements the states interacted. (I'm particularly fond of Burke here)
4. Political/IR philosophy, with an admiration of Machiavelli - His conviction that politics is disconnected from morality, and to survive in a political environment as a leader, you need to rely on spies to know what's going on around you, to manipulate your own image to remain unpredictable, to improve own virtuosity to limit fortune's control over your success. (and outside of academia, I'm also quite into Sun Tzu since I can see parallels between his approach to warfare and Machiavelli's approach to politics and international relations)

I need to soon make a decision about what master's degree to pursue, and my main preference is leaning towards security studies (warfare, terrorism, geopolitics, intelligence, etc.), but there's doubts whether I'll be able to pursue that direction, and I've been told by savvy people that pursuing international financial security is more prospective in terms of employment.

Brief academic record of how I progressed thus far:
1. In middle school and highschool I didn't put any effort into my studies, almost never did homework, and got into a lot of trouble because of it. But I also was at the top of my class in several subjects, not because I studied them, but because they were part of my life. I participated in every English language competition at school, and once got the chance to represent my school on a national level, taking 4th place. (my native environment is not English-speaking btw)
2. After school I was quickly "inserted" by my parents into a university, studying Visual Design & Media, simply because they knew I had a thing for web-design. However, I failed my first semester and quit uni, regardless of my parents' wishes. When my father asked for my reasons, I couldn't provide any and said I just feel like that subject is wrong for me, and I need to find something that feels right - something that clicks into place.
3. Later I embarked on a language-focused university course, then on a business-focused one, and eventually ended up changing to International Relations focused studies (specifics of the subject are described above), because my friend suggested that it seems to fit me the most. And she was absolutely correct, because that's indeed the subject that I became passionate about and competitive (as well as successful) in.

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ
^ I hope all of that helps, I probably should have mentioned it in the OP.

soigneerin

MBTI Type
INTJ
tumblr_opiukgr5bh1u5fgz5o1_1280.png

This here shows where the confusion comes from I guess. My J and P are incredibly close to each other, with a slight leaning towards J.
I read somewhere that INTJs often mistype themselves as INTPs precisely because they see themselves as too disorganized, than they believe they should be. They are nevertheless still INTJs, just with some parts of their personality under-fulfilled/under-developed.
I think this could be the solution, because I do with an immense passion hate my lack of organisational tendency (not ability). It's not that I can't organize or hate organizing - I love organizing things, I just simply often lack the will to organize important things when it matters the most, and indulge too much in organizing useless things when it matters little. Which in the end causes discomfort and dissatisfaction.