• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me?

Taco Pirate

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

My desire to sometimes be around other people, even though I tend to takes long breaks from people afterwards.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Happiness. I've spent most of my life dealing with one terrible situation after another and my reaction to that was always negative. That only complicated things further. In recent years I have changed my outlook on life and judging by my own current mindset and surrounding life pieces, the comfort and happiness I seek may be possible.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

There was a time a few years back that I decided to quit smoking cold turkey, quit drinking for a while and started to get in shape by running. I felt like I was at my finest because I was finally able to set my goals and follow through with them, after years of struggling with it.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Lack of life success. Where I am and have been as far as a job goes and as far as relationships go but at the same time I feel like the grass isn't always greener and notice all the problems other people have even though they appear to have success in those areas.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I think about how it will affect me and anyone else involved. I weigh the pros and cons as well but I feel like even though I am doing the pros and cons, my mind has already been made up beforehand.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

If the project is going to determine how I go about my efforts in the future then I typically like to have control of the outcome. As far as my emphasis, it would be most important that it is done right and sets us up for better future outcomes.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

The final show I played with my band. Even though performing had always given me anxiety, this particular show went great. My memory of it isn't picture perfect but I remember the feeling of the night well.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Understanding the what and why and getting a repetitive feel for it.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I flirt with the edges of sloppy and anal.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

both

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Both, sometimes I am more thoughtful with my words, sometimes not. I do love one-on-one communication if the topic is something I am comfortable communicating about but that applies to group discussions as well if it is a group of people I am comfortable with or relate to.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I tend to know where I am jumping first, but have also jumped into action right away as well. Actions do speak louder than words....but I can appreciate the positive intent behind words as well.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Make it Sunday and 9 times out of 10 I am staying home. Saturday TV tends to suck.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Bothered. Anxious. Focused.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When I can tell they are constantly lying and making no attempt to do something more positive. When I can tell Larry the Cable Guy is their idol. When all I hear out of their mouth is negative things about other people.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Music. Philosophy. Sports. Life Experiences. Their own interests...if I find them interesting.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

not sure.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Different perceptions from different friends, depends the experiences we have had together. I'm not sure what they would/wouldn't say, many of my friends have known me during very different periods of my life.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Listen to music. Run/bike. Binge watch something good. Write. Eat all of the good food. Try new beer.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

My desire to sometimes be around other people, even though I tend to takes long breaks from people afterwards.
Introvert

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Happiness. I've spent most of my life dealing with one terrible situation after another and my reaction to that was always negative. That only complicated things further. In recent years I have changed my outlook on life and judging by my own current mindset and surrounding life pieces, the comfort and happiness I seek may be possible.
Core 6, maybe Sp

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

There was a time a few years back that I decided to quit smoking cold turkey, quit drinking for a while and started to get in shape by running. I felt like I was at my finest because I was finally able to set my goals and follow through with them, after years of struggling with it.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Lack of life success. Where I am and have been as far as a job goes and as far as relationships go but at the same time I feel like the grass isn't always greener and notice all the problems other people have even though they appear to have success in those areas.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I think about how it will affect me and anyone else involved.
Fe I weigh the pros and cons as well but I feel like even though I am doing the pros and cons, my mind has already been made up beforehand. Ti or Si?

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

If the project is going to determine how I go about my efforts in the future then I typically like to have control of the outcome. As far as my emphasis, it would be most important that it is done right and sets us up for better future outcomes.
Te?

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

The final show I played with my band. Even though performing had always given me anxiety, this particular show went great. My memory of it isn't picture perfect but I remember the feeling of the night well.
Si

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Understanding the what and why and getting a repetitive feel for it.
Perhaps Ti and Si?

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I flirt with the edges of sloppy and anal.
INTP :laugh:

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense.
Ti

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

both
Well that clears things up.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Both, sometimes I am more thoughtful with my words, sometimes not.
Fe but maybe tert or inferior? I do love one-on-one communication if the topic is something I am comfortable communicating about (Sx) but that applies to group discussions as well if it is a group of people I am comfortable with or relate to. So-second or last

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I tend to know where I am jumping first, but have also jumped into action right away as well. Actions do speak louder than words....but I can appreciate the positive intent behind words as well.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Make it Sunday and 9 times out of 10 I am staying home. Saturday TV tends to suck.
Introvert or Sp extrovert.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Bothered. Anxious. Focused.
Core 6 disintegrating to 3.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When I can tell they are constantly lying and making no attempt to do something more positive. When I can tell Larry the Cable Guy is their idol. When all I hear out of their mouth is negative things about other people.
Fe?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Music. Philosophy. Sports. Life Experiences. Their own interests...if I find them interesting.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

not sure.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Different perceptions from different friends, depends the experiences we have had together. I'm not sure what they would/wouldn't say, many of my friends have known me during very different periods of my life.
Tert or inferior Fe?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Listen to music. Run/bike. Binge watch something good. Write. Eat all of the good food. Try new beer.
Sp

My best guess is INTP 6w7 Sp/Sx with some counterphobic tendencies and a 4-fix.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Happiness. I've spent most of my life dealing with one terrible situation after another and my reaction to that was always negative. That only complicated things further. In recent years I have changed my outlook on life and judging by my own current mindset and surrounding life pieces, the comfort and happiness I seek may be possible.
Core 6, maybe Sp"

Happiness is a core 7 trait. Security is a core 6 trait.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
"Happiness. I've spent most of my life dealing with one terrible situation after another and my reaction to that was always negative. That only complicated things further. In recent years I have changed my outlook on life and judging by my own current mindset and surrounding life pieces, the comfort and happiness I seek may be possible.
Core 6, maybe Sp"

Happiness is a core 7 trait. Security is a core 6 trait.

Right, but this is eluding to wanting happiness via a comfortable (secure) life void of "one terrible situation after another," and then goes on to say that learning to deal with life's stressors has helped him find happiness (i.e. learning to deal with anxiety/worry/reactivity). So 6w7 in my opinion.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right, but this is eluding to wanting happiness via a comfortable (secure) life void of "one terrible situation after another," and then goes on to say that learning to deal with life's stressors has helped him find happiness (i.e. learning to deal with anxiety/worry/reactivity). So 6w7 in my opinion.

"Happiness. I've spent most of my life dealing with one terrible situation after another and my reaction to that was always negative. That only complicated things further. In recent years I have changed my outlook on life and judging by my own current mindset and surrounding life pieces, the comfort and happiness I seek may be possible."

You're interpreting "comfort" to mean "secure." But comfort and happiness-seeking are type 7 traits.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
"Happiness. I've spent most of my life dealing with one terrible situation after another and my reaction to that was always negative. That only complicated things further. In recent years I have changed my outlook on life and judging by my own current mindset and surrounding life pieces, the comfort and happiness I seek may be possible."

You're interpreting "comfort" to mean "secure." But comfort and happiness-seeking are type 7 traits.

Actually, I'm biased because I know this person irl, but I was looking for neutral opinions so I appreciate your perspective.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I'm biased because I know this person irl, but I was looking for neutral opinions so I appreciate your perspective.

Thanks. I'm just typing based on the material I'm reading above. 5,6, and 7 are the three types most dominated by anxiety. So when referring to anxiety it is necessary to keep in mind that it doesn't automatically mean type 6. The type 6, in the quest for security, rapidly fluctuates between moods. They react strongly against anxiety, worrying and over-thinking matters, often releasing a lot of their pent up anxieties into the outer world of things and other people. They worry about what other people are thinking of them, and can be great readers of people due to the fact that fear of what people think of them leads them to look for clues in people's behaviors.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Thanks. I'm just typing based on the material I'm reading above. 5,6, and 7 are the three types most dominated by anxiety. So when referring to anxiety it is necessary to keep in mind that it doesn't automatically mean type 6. The type 6, in the quest for security, rapidly fluctuates between moods. They react strongly against anxiety, worrying and over-thinking matters, often releasing a lot of their pent up anxieties into the outer world of things and other people. They worry about what other people are thinking of them, and can be great readers of people due to the fact that fear of what people think of them leads them to look for clues in people's behaviors.

I would say that this perfectly describes him. It almost gives him a stronger Fe than you may expect with an INTP because he does pay attention to the moods of others and he does communicate thoroughly in response to anything he picks up on that causes him doubt or anxiety.

INTP stereotypes place them at home, away from the world, willingly. I wouldn't say he is that withdrawn or averse to adventure. He has the wanderlust that you may typically see in INFPs. He was also pretty rebellious as a young man, bit of a troublemaker at times, haha. I definitely see more 7 than 5 in him, but it's fairly clear to me that anxiety and views on authority/security are what motivates him most.

What about the rest of his questions? Did you pick up on anything else? They are pretty vague answers, almost what you may expect from an Sp.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say that this perfectly describes him. It almost gives him a stronger Fe than you may expect with an INTP because he does pay attention to the moods of others and he does communicate thoroughly in response to anything he picks up on that causes him doubt or anxiety.

INTP stereotypes place them at home, away from the world, willingly. I wouldn't say he is that withdrawn or averse to adventure. He has the wanderlust that you may typically see in INFPs. He was also pretty rebellious as a young man, bit of a troublemaker at times, haha. I definitely see more 7 than 5 in him, but it's fairly clear to me that anxiety and views on authority/security are what motivates him most.

What about the rest of his questions? Did you pick up on anything else? They are pretty vague answers, almost what you may expect from an Sp.

The only thing that stands out for me is the duality of saying "both" in a number of answers. That is a core 6 feature.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd go with 6w7 in that case because more of the OP sounds like type 6 than type 7. I work at a helpdesk where I had to sit close to a 6w7. I'm told he came to work one day wearing a white stocking cap which he called a sperm. He took the tail of the "sperm" and started hitting one of our female co-workers over the head with it.

One day he got really pissed off because he thought I broke his computer.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'd go with 6w7 in that case because more of the OP sounds like type 6 than type 7. I work at a helpdesk where I had to sit close to a 6w7. I'm told he came to work one day wearing a white stocking cap which he called a sperm. He took the tail of the "sperm" and started hitting one of our female co-workers over the head with it.

One day he got really pissed off because he thought I broke his computer.

Was he an INTP too? Sounds possible. :laugh:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Was he an INTP too? Sounds possible. :laugh:

6w7s aren't typically INTPs. This chart shows that it is an uncommon correlation:
MBTI-Enneagram-Correlation2.jpg

Of course that doesn't mean it's impossible for a 6w7 to be an INTP type. He doesn't sound like an introvert anyway, he's an ambivert.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
6w7s aren't typically INTPs. This chart shows that it is an uncommon correlation:
MBTI-Enneagram-Correlation2.jpg

Of course that doesn't mean it's impossible for a 6w7 to be an INTP type. He doesn't sound like an introvert anyway, he's an ambivert.

I had initially noticed what I thought was Fe in him. As time grew on and he took more tests, he scored very highly on Fi. Types he has tested as are INTJ, INFJ, INTP, and INFP. I am confident he is a 6, and either Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp. I also considered ENTP but he does seem to filter his Ne through Ti (or I guess possibly Fi), as in it's not necessarily free flowing at all times. It's most obvious in his humor. He also has obvious Si, so I ended up typing him as an INTP 6 with a 4-fix. He is highly concerned with individuality, originality, and authenticity. He is also artistic and was in a band and still records a song here and there and writes his own lyrics. I am not sure what his gut type is yet, I see all 3 types in him so it's really hard to say.

Whatever he is, he is an odd one and I like it.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I just noticed: Type 6 is the only type to not be "very common" amongst any MBTI type. It's also the only typed to span all MBTI types. Interesting. Isn't it also the most common e-type overall?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just noticed: Type 6 is the only type to not be "very common" amongst any MBTI type. It's also the only typed to span all MBTI types. Interesting. Isn't it also the most common e-type overall?

Type 9 is the most common type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the only demographic information I have on commonality of types:
17%: 9
15%: 6
14%: 1
12%: 2 and 8
10%: 5
09%: 4
08%: 7
06%: 3

It is a widespread idea in forums that the 6 is the most common, and some people will even claim that 50% of the population are type 6s. That would be amazing since a straightforward distribution would have all types at 11%. All sources agree that the least common type is the 3.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had initially noticed what I thought was Fe in him. As time grew on and he took more tests, he scored very highly on Fi. Types he has tested as are INTJ, INFJ, INTP, and INFP. I am confident he is a 6, and either Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp. I also considered ENTP but he does seem to filter his Ne through Ti (or I guess possibly Fi), as in it's not necessarily free flowing at all times. It's most obvious in his humor. He also has obvious Si, so I ended up typing him as an INTP 6 with a 4-fix. He is highly concerned with individuality, originality, and authenticity. He is also artistic and was in a band and still records a song here and there and writes his own lyrics. I am not sure what his gut type is yet, I see all 3 types in him so it's really hard to say.

Whatever he is, he is an odd one and I like it.

Have you considered ENFP at all?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Mbti Im not sure of but will throw out INTP for now.

Otherwise 6 and so/sp