• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Don't you already know?

Jeff

Type me please. I am an introverted person who is creative and realistic. I am mostly self confident. I have very deep emotions but make decisions based on reason. I make decisions upfront but can sometimes be indecisive. I am mostly in touch with reality but can be dreamy. I am not very well acquainted with my surroundings and often forget where I left something and run in to things. People don't often realize it, but I'm a sensitive person.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type me please. I am an introverted person who is creative and realistic. I am mostly self confident. I have very deep emotions but make decisions based on reason. I make decisions upfront but can sometimes be indecisive. I am mostly in touch with reality but can be dreamy. I am not very well acquainted with my surroundings and often forget where I left something and run in to things. People don't often realize it, but I'm a sensitive person.

this reads like a bad horoscope. could apply to anyone. take a questionnaire.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Why are you here if you're just going to mock?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Why is this thread titled "Don't you already know?"?

this reads like a bad horoscope. could apply to anyone. take a questionnaire.

Interestingly, I didn't notice this. I have a good grasp of what is occurring but I am often oblivious to the reality of a situation.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why is this thread titled "Don't you already know?"?

Interestingly, I didn't notice this. I have a good grasp of what is occurring but I am often oblivious to the reality of a situation.

What do you think his type is, Legion?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
What do you think his type is, Legion?

Haha, I thought he was describing an INFJ, but maybe that's because of the horoscopey nature so I saw myself in it.

(things like "dreamy", out of touch with surroundings, sensitive)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
The OP used pair of opposites. Just saying. That's how horoscopes are written and how people believe in them. Barnum effect.

Yes, I know - as you can see I used one myself just above. :p

Maybe OP is making a point about typology theories?

As in "don't you already know it's just bullshit?"?

He's incorrect on that. It's already well-known in typology that we have cognition from all dichotomies/functions, but there is nonetheless a hierarchy of considerations.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
"Don't you already know?"

Maybe he's talking about our perceptions of the types. He's laid out a very stereotypical picture of a type and is asking, don't we already know what type this is? In our minds, we've associated these tropes with each type. Possibly even to the unconscious level.

I don't think I'm explaining this well, but that's how I read into this.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
As in "don't you already know it's just bullshit?"?

He's incorrect on that. It's already well-known in typology that we have cognition from all dichotomies/functions, but there is nonetheless a hierarchy of considerations.

I dunno.

You'd have to confirm with the OP. But if the assertion is that it's bullshit due to forer effect or something similar then combating that idea with another idea created from within the forer-effect creating vehicle isn't much of a counter.

The realm of degrees is a foggy place.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I dunno.

You'd have to confirm with the OP. But if the assertion is that it's bullshit due to forer effect or something similar then combating that idea with another idea created from within the forer-effect creating vehicle isn't much of a counter.

The realm of degrees is a foggy place.

It could be debated all day; it won't be accepted until it's actually seen.