• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type me!

ryecatcher5

btw i'm pretty sure i'm an NP but I'm not so sure about the other letters; but i'm open to any type suggestions, really. so here's me, personality wise:

as an individual:

→ i'm very intellectual. i love to learn. i'm creative, too. i'm always reading, writing, drawing, and teaching myself new things. i like to examine how people think and act, their cultures and mannerisms, but almost in a scientific way. i like analyzing things. i especially enjoy psychoanalysis. i'll examine people's words and behavior and pick it apart to find a deeper meaning– what does it tell me about how they think? what they feel? who they are? how do they work? what may have caused this viewpoint or that action? i also like examining the "other side" of issues. i'm always open to hearing another person's point of view, even if it doesn't change my own, because it keys into the way they think and respond to their surroundings (this is also why i like MBTI so much. i know my friends' types and then can analyze their actions or opinions and draw it back to their type lol). i'm very intuitive as well. sometimes i get a feeling about a person or thing, without being able to tell why i think or feel that way; most of the time this is due to me unconsciously analyzing them.

→ my friends have described me as "contemplative, reflective, kind, energetic, overly nice, scattered, very smart, funny in a very self-depreciating way, easily distracted, a loner, shy." i've also been described as "analytical, but not logical"

emotionally, i'm kind of cold; i'm not extremely expressive of negative emotions, especially around strangers. i rarely cry and i'm not "sensitive" in the sense that i'll break down if you give me constructive criticism. what i will do is dwell on things– feelings like guilt– and internalize them, replaying the situation over and over in my head and beating myself up about it. however i wouldn't outwardly show it if i was upset by something like criticism. i rarely outwardly show whether i'm upset by anything, in fact. i'm very good at playing my own feelings off and maintaining a sort of calm exterior. in fact, i can't stand emotional outbursts in fights (when in an argument, i tend to separate my feelings from what's going on and i generally try to look objectively at what happened and understand why the person is upset. i will try to search for a common ground in these situations, unless i feel that they're without a doubt in the wrong or incorrect, and then i'll stick to my guns. but that pretty much only happens when i'm in a verbal spar with someone who believes something different than me, ie political or moral issues). i also can't handle clinginess or annoyingness. i'm independent and like my space. if people encroach on that too much, then i'll generally try to find some subtle way to wriggle out of the situation. i dislike conflict, however, and will go to great deals to avoid it; i generally don't stand up for myself even when i should because i don't like offending others or fighting (i don't mind a good debate though, and i can be quite good at them as long as i have a solid standpoint to defend).

that's not to say that i'm a brick wall, however. i love to hang out with my friends and i certainly don't have any trouble expressing happiness or enthusiasm. i enjoy just hanging out and joking around– i love love love humor and and comedy. i'm very quick on the uptake. i love sarcasm. in general, i'm pretty quiet and won't approach people if they don't approach me first, but once you do i can be perfectly friendly and outgoing. i don't really like small talk but i can be fine with it most days. sometimes (especially around my crush) i can be shy and a little stiff or cold because i'm afraid to talk to them. it can take me a while to warm up to people and it can take a long time for someone to be considered a close friend of mine. when i first join a group (unless i know people in the group), i prefer to listen and watch to get a vibe from them and see how they interact so i can best fit in as well, as opposed to immediately jumping in and being the life of the party. i'm rarely the center of attention in my groups but i'm perfectly fine that way. i'm also generally not the leader in my groups but i'm no follower, either. once i get to know people i'm very outgoing and fun-loving.

i'm a good listener and very generous and empathetic. i care about how the people around me are feeling and i don't really like to hurt others. when making a decision i tend to get caught between the most logical course of action and the one that makes the most people happy. although when presented with a choice i will choose the one supported by facts rather than feeling (like recently i became vegetarian, not because i felt sad about eating animals but because of the facts i knew about it being environmentally dangerous.) i'm impulsive and like to make decisions on a whim; i jump into things and can get fixated on things rather easily. but other times i can be incredibly indecisive and i'll tend to "window shop" for viewpoints, seeking others opinions on matters in order to make up my own.

→ i love to Make Plans. oh boy, am i about Making Plans. i love to imagine hypothetical future situations and then play them out in my head, and then do research on ways to make that plan, that idea a reality. for example, i'm very much into living in new york when i'm older, and i'll do research on various aspects of this vision (like places i would live in nyc, what i would do there) to make the vision more realistic for me, i guess? i'll also look up ways i could achieve this vision and make it a reality, but at the end of the day i'm a theorist and not a doer; it takes a lot more than a bunch of intense ideation to actually get me to try and make something a reality. and also i hate actually carrying out things– i.e. i'll suggest to a friendgroup that we should go see a movie or something, but i hate to be the one to set the time and actually make sure everyone gets there; i hate the "doing" aspect of the plan.

→ man y'all i'm really scattered. like i don't know if you've noticed but this has pretty much all been a tangent lmao. but anyway i'm like, super disorganized. as much as i like the Making of a Plan, i can never keep on one tangent for long– there's always a better, brighter story, idea, fantasy, etc and as soon as i latch onto that one the previous one drops. i'd love to write a book someday, but i can never keep with one story for very long or i'll get bored. i prefer being flexible to being set in stone. if i can't even decide on what frappucino to get at starbucks (god, my friends just keep saying "get whatever you feel like" but i want caramel and peppermint mocha equally, oh god i just don't knooooow) then how can i expect myself to keep on something as important as a book? also, procrastination is like, my middle name. as of right now i have a math packet i still haven't done and it's due tomorrow. rip me. (i'll just chug caf tea and get it done tonight amirite folks)

however, i don't "switch" everything that i do. when it comes to relationships, including friendships and romantic relationships, i'm extremely loyal and i won't abandon you if i deem you close to me. i have (and prefer to have) a large group of close friends who are almost like family to me; we each have each other's back. i prefer that sort of tight-knit group to having a ton of friends who are primarily just surface, because i like depth in my relationships with people, although it also doesn't mean i don't have friends who are primarily surface. i just prefer closer friendships. in a relationship, i'm very much attached to the other person, but i'm not clingy and won't demand that they alter themselves or their schedules to suit me or my whims. i'm extremely easygoing and just like to have fun. something i could work on is showing more affection, however. when i have a crush i can be afraid to show the other person that i like them, and so i may act cold or awkward as a result.

→ i'm also very calm as a person. it's extremely difficult to offend me, or get on my bad side. i just... am not that affected. i also don't get stressed easily. i can usually think clearly and weasel my way out of a situation.

→ although i love hanging out around my friends, i like my alone time as well. i'm not super social. i'd either be an introverted extrovert or an extraverted introvert

→ i'm not observant at all and i like ideas over the concrete so we can just throw S out the window lol.

that's all i can think of for now. if you have any other info you'd want or need to be able to type me correctly, absolutely ask! i'm happy to answer all your questions :>