• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type a friend

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
My best friend has previously typed as an INFJ but I'm skeptical. I, myself (with the help of others), have determined to be closer to INFJ though I have also typed as INTJ. I wanted to describe her briefly and see if anyone has a guess as to what type she sounds like. I feel like she is definitely using Fi instead of Fe more often. But since I'm still new to typing, a little help deciphering would be greatly appreciated.

She is a hopeless romantic. She completely loses herself in relationships. She will lose contact with friends and family and completely enmesh herself within a relationship. She has been in 2 previously abusive relationships and both times, the man had to leave her. She is loyal as hell. She stayed with those two men despite one of them beating the crap out of her, not working and cheating. She literally is scared to death to be single it seems. She used to be scared to do things alone. Live alone, dine alone, etc. But because her last relationship left her, she was forced to do those things for 2 years. She became used to them and accepted them. She HATES change. Is scared to death of it. She does not take risks, EVER. I had to convince her to take a month long photography road trip that she said she wished she could do and I pushed her to do it. She complained the entire time about how she didn't have money, nothing was going right, yet afterwards reflects back on it as if it was the greatest thing she'd ever accomplished. Though, I see it differently having had to be the one to counsel her the entire trip.

She is an authoritarian at her jobs. Natural leader. She is a super hard worker, but judges the performance of all of her co-workers. They are never up to par. She can be super charming and funny, but is prone to frequent freak outs. If something isn't going her way, she will overreact and express a lot of outward aggression. She over analyzes everything. For instance, her new relationship lives about 2.5 hours away from her and she will not make the move to him (though it makes perfect sense to do so, she isn't held down by a good job, mortgage, etc.) and keeps saying "I need God to show me a definite sign". She seems uncomfortable making big decisions. She almost needs someone to push her to take the risk. She needs to know how things are going to be, where she's going to work, where she's going to live, how much money she will have. Definitely a J trait for sure.

She is very guarded with money. Does not like to gift to people. Is very frugal about her own spending. Doesn't sugarcoat anything to anyone. Tells people harsh truths without regard to their feelings, but is THE MOST SENSITIVE person. She CANNOT handle criticism. It's gotten to the point that I wont even give her honest advice anymore because when I see her doing something I deem destructive or stagnant, she will defend her actions in order to argue against your advice. She is punctual. Gets to everything on time. Organized in her head I think. She's really good at driving directions and remembering how to get around places after only visiting once. More technical than creative. I think she overthinks things more than following her gut. I have a hard time believing she's very intuitive because she seems to make bad decisions a lot and doesn't trust her own motives to do things. Like move to another city to be closer to her boyfriend. She needs logic and facts to base decisions on.

Woo. That was a lot. But hopefully it's insightful enough to help determine a type. I keep thinking maybe ISTJish, but the hopeless romantic thing throws me off. So I'm not sure. Help please!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My best friend has previously typed as an INFJ but I'm skeptical. I, myself (with the help of others), have determined to be closer to INFJ though I have also typed as INTJ. I wanted to describe her briefly and see if anyone has a guess as to what type she sounds like. I feel like she is definitely using Fi instead of Fe more often. But since I'm still new to typing, a little help deciphering would be greatly appreciated.

She is a hopeless romantic. She completely loses herself in relationships. She will lose contact with friends and family and completely enmesh herself within a relationship. She has been in 2 previously abusive relationships and both times, the man had to leave her. She is loyal as hell. She stayed with those two men despite one of them beating the crap out of her, not working and cheating. She literally is scared to death to be single it seems. She used to be scared to do things alone. Live alone, dine alone, etc. But because her last relationship left her, she was forced to do those things for 2 years. She became used to them and accepted them. She HATES change. Is scared to death of it. She does not take risks, EVER. I had to convince her to take a month long photography road trip that she said she wished she could do and I pushed her to do it. She complained the entire time about how she didn't have money, nothing was going right, yet afterwards reflects back on it as if it was the greatest thing she'd ever accomplished. Though, I see it differently having had to be the one to counsel her the entire trip.

She is an authoritarian at her jobs. Natural leader. She is a super hard worker, but judges the performance of all of her co-workers. They are never up to par. She can be super charming and funny, but is prone to frequent freak outs. If something isn't going her way, she will overreact and express a lot of outward aggression. She over analyzes everything. For instance, her new relationship lives about 2.5 hours away from her and she will not make the move to him (though it makes perfect sense to do so, she isn't held down by a good job, mortgage, etc.) and keeps saying "I need God to show me a definite sign". She seems uncomfortable making big decisions. She almost needs someone to push her to take the risk. She needs to know how things are going to be, where she's going to work, where she's going to live, how much money she will have. Definitely a J trait for sure.

She is very guarded with money. Does not like to gift to people. Is very frugal about her own spending. Doesn't sugarcoat anything to anyone. Tells people harsh truths without regard to their feelings, but is THE MOST SENSITIVE person. She CANNOT handle criticism. It's gotten to the point that I wont even give her honest advice anymore because when I see her doing something I deem destructive or stagnant, she will defend her actions in order to argue against your advice. She is punctual. Gets to everything on time. Organized in her head I think. She's really good at driving directions and remembering how to get around places after only visiting once. More technical than creative. I think she overthinks things more than following her gut. I have a hard time believing she's very intuitive because she seems to make bad decisions a lot and doesn't trust her own motives to do things. Like move to another city to be closer to her boyfriend. She needs logic and facts to base decisions on.

Woo. That was a lot. But hopefully it's insightful enough to help determine a type. I keep thinking maybe ISTJish, but the hopeless romantic thing throws me off. So I'm not sure. Help please!

That was a very nice description. I think ISTJ is right on the money. The first paragraph of your description, as well as some other things, point to Borderline Personality Disorder.

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
That was a very nice description. I think ISTJ is right on the money. The first paragraph of your description, as well as some other things, point to Borderline Personality Disorder.

Can you elaborate on the Borderline Personality Disorder?

EDIT: nevermind. I just looked it up on google. Yikes. You may be right. I started this thread because her personality has spiraled over the years to someone I'm starting to feel like I don't know anymore and possibly don't have much interest in furthering the friendship. I've always been there for her through her horrible relationships and when things are going good, it's as if she doesn't have time for me.