• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New here, type me please (questionnaire included)

MKY

MBTI Type
INTP
Hello to everyone. I'm Mert. I wanna skip the introducing step. Because of telling myself more in the answers, I thought that there is no need to introduce I'm this and that and ... By the way, sorry to say that but my English is not perfect, so I may use wrong phrases in wrong places, I apologize for that now. Actually I don't care but you know, anyways.

I met with MBTI in last summer. A friend of mine told me what MBTI is all about. Btw, she is an INFP. I did some tests, there were different outcomes. She said that when we had met first, she had taught that I'm an ENTP. But later, she decided that I'm an INTP. So I wondered what all that means. I searched a lot, as you all people do. Firstly, I focused on the letters. I was impressed, but not that much. But when I discovered the all mighty functions (yeah all mighty) I was really fascinated. So that I am now, too. I searched more and more about types, the people in my surrounding, the famous people that lived or lives, TV characters e.t.c. It became an obsession for me, everything I thought is always relevant with MBTI in someway. So this is the story that I can tell about me and MBTI. I know the functions and types basically, I have created my own ideas after a long process. I explained MBTI to my friends, my family too but they don't seem impressed as me. There is just one person that I can talk to about MBTI, and that's the INFP one who introduced MBTI to me in first place. So I decided to jump here, and share my ideas to the people that can actually care and actually interest in MBTI. Here I am. I wanted to start with and old move, to let you to type me. I know 'let you type me' sounds like I'm god, no of course. But I'm an introvert one, I don't like to share the life of mine easily, because I don't care what anybody thinks about, and I'm too lazy to tell myself so I don't need it. But I have the Ne in theory, so let's do it.

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is simplicity. A simple outcome of a complex idea or object is beautiful, for me. It is that simple. When I solve an over-whelming question, and the answer appears simply, I think that "Wow, that's beautiful". Understanding is beautiful, seeing the facts. Beauty is placed in minds, so it is not about the physical world, it is about what the world brings about in our minds, and things that I understand and things that I figure out is beautiful, always. Love is another subject. Love is the weakness. I don't call is the weakness because I hate it, no I love the idea of "loving". But I just accept the fact that it makes people weaker. It unveils the counter-parts of personality, so that gives harm in a lot of way in a lot of times. But it also fills the space that it stoles. Love is reasonable, I guess. If it makes you happier most of the times, why doesn't it make sense then? That's the logic for me.

2. What are your most important values?

Truth is the most important thing for me. I always tell people the truth no matter what happens, so I expect them to tell the truth too. Intelligence is important. I can't have communication with people who has limited logic about subjects. So most of the time when somebody speaks without logic, I shout my mouth and leave from there mentally. I can't take a mask, I am what I am. So I don't like the fake behaves of people. I think a lot, so I highly value my thoughts, when someone doesn't, then I'm outta here mentally, again.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I was raised a Muslim. I never really believed those things actually, but I didn't care it too when I was in highschool. After graduated highschool (by the way I'm 20) I started to consider about religions. I decided to be objective, so pretended not to be Muslim. I kept searching, asking questions, reading and most importantly thinking. It became the centre subject of my life in quite some time. So I turned out to be an agnostic. I simply deny religions, all spiritual beliefs. I can't simply believe miracles, I can't believe what I couldn't possibly prove. I hardly believe anything, believing is anti-me.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I can call myself an antimilitarist. All the logic in wars are totally bullshit for me. There shouldn't be any war for any purpose. Militaries could continue for just security purpose like cops, but the logic should change. System had been established for wrong values, which I don't have such as nationalism. So I don't support such a thing like that.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I don't like daily conversations a lot. I don't even like to talk about movies or series that I like to watch. I don't know, I think a conversation should be more and more exciting. I could talk about philosophy for hours, it is exciting for me. Arguments, my arguments e.t.c. I like conversations that occurs such as debates. I am an harmonic person but if there is a subject that I am not interested in, I mostly prefer being quite. But when I want to talk to, I really don't stop telling. Ideas come to me, and I disprove them, new ideas come to me, I disprove them too, it goes on and on and on..

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Actually I don't care much about it. But I'm straight edge, so I care about my body. I don't want to harm my body. Sometimes healt related subjects got me. But in long terms, I am not a guy that is so secured and focused about it. Btw I became vegan a couple months ago, it made me more interested about health and my body due to the fact that I stopped doing lot of things (not just eating) that I did before.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

I am not an organized person. I am not too messy, but I don't like a surrounding that is organized always. I don't need it and I don't care about it. Of course there are some activities that I should do properly, especially about directly myself. But I am a lazy guy, sometimes I'm upset about it but mostly I don't care. I don't like the routine of it.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

I like sci-fi, thriller, psychological horror, drama (not too much, with a logic) films. When I was younger I preferred mostly horror films, but when I grow up I don't get the logic in most horrors films so I gave up the genre a little bit. I recently watched "Identity".

Kafka is the author that I like to read mostly. Sometimes I lose myself in his books but the analysis and aphorisms on his books are amazing. I like Russian literature, mostly Dostoyevski and Tolstoy. I recently read "Childhood" and "Possessions" from Tolstoy. I like Agatha Christie books too. I read about 10-15 books of her, I like crime-detective books. Of course I adore Sherlock too, but not a huge fan of it, I started with Poirot and he got me. I started reading Sherlock way after that, I really liked it but don't get the feeling when I read Poirot. Also I prefer reading philosophers books. I am reading now "Meditations" by Descartes.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

I am not a strict person, I have strong emotions actually, But I don't remember when I cried last time, I simply don't cry even if I am too upset. I could be melancholic sometimes but don't cry. But question is not asking if I cry or not, it asks what makes me upset. I get upset just when I feel hopeless. Sometimes I can't find meaning about anything, or I don't want to think about anything. That makes me upset. Especially when I'm in a bad situation with my girlfriend, I just involuntarily think that the only connection between me and the world is gone, and everyhing is meaningless. So I really get upset and can't move on. But if I am good with my gf, I really don't care about anything else emotionally. Something bad happens, I don't get upset, I consider about it but just don't feel bad. What has made me smile is not a good question for me, when I smile is a better one. If I feel relaxed, happy, I can smile.

Evaluation & Behaviour
10. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

I am lazy. They say that you have a really huge potential which you don't use. Sometimes I trust myself so much that I can succeed what I want, turns out to be a disappointing. I am a confused person. I tried to use my logic always, but at the same time I have feelings and I don't ignore them easily too. So I'm neither a solid logical person or nor solid emotional guy. Well that sounds as a strenght, doesn't it? But it doesn't, I always have contradictions, that makes me an uncertain person. I always think what might be the most accurate thing to do. So I can't make judgments easily.
If I love a person so much, I really care about him/her and consider him/her so much. But it happens so rarely, so most of the time I behave people cold, in a distant way. I am an asocial guy, I don't have tons of friends or I don't like social activities so much. I just hang out with my gf all the time. Actually this is the biggest strength of me because I kinda like a man who doesn't live in the world, so my gf connects me, put my foot on the ground. But at the same time, it is the biggest weakness of me because If I lose it, then I lose it all.

11. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I could make arguments really well If I have the subject on my hand. I have the hunger for information, and always try to improve myself. I have empathy for others, if I want to use it I can use it with my logic too. I'm a strong-willed person. I have my own principles, and I follow them. I try to be consistent and that is what makes me stronger.

12. In what areas of your life would you like help?

I am living in my brain, so I have rough times about simple daily things that anybody can do better than me. I couldn't provide basic physical things. I follow my own logic but I couldn't use in practise. I'm always theoretical and that doesn't help me to live my life easier, because I couldn't use it with my hand or something else.

13. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

2 years ago I graduated high school and started studying Architecture. But I was so hopeless, unsuccessful. I was too lazy and clumsy for studying architecture. Ideas came to my mind always but I thought different ways and couldn't apply what I thought because of my talentlessness. So I dropped out. At the same time, I was questioning my beliefs, my life. Who I am, what I think, what is the meaning of life e.t.c. I was really depressed. I was closed to be a suicidal mode, there was no meaning for me. I met a girl, who is my girlfriend now. She was the last hope for me, I tried to do it. I started to do new hobbies, new stuffs to throw the bad mood away. I searched more things, thought about religion deeply and like Descarted said "I think, therefore I am". My gf enthusiasts me to move on, to think, to search for a meaning for it, so I got rid of that mood. Sometimes it takes me into again but the connection always works.

People & Interactions
14. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I actually don't know. I don't really care about other people. So I never thought that I don't like this, I like that bla bla. I don't need people, a few amount is enough. I like the idea of not following anybody or any idea without using logic. I prefer rebels who doesn't care about society and doesn't follow them. One can create his/her life without anybody's interference. I like unique ones. I don't like the melodrama types. I don't like aggressive people, can't stand them. I like to argue, if one can not do that, I can not do anything. I don't like actions, do this, do that, I just want to talk about things that makes me confused. I am a mental guy. I don't like physical activities. I don't like manipulative ones. I can't stand people who pull out all the pathetic stop.

15. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I want my partner to listen to me, that's enough I think. If she can stand when I'm talking, I can be a natural romantic. I don't like the girlfriend-boyfriend stuff, so I don't do romantic things that the others mostly do. I don't buy gifts, or do physical things for romance. But I would say really emotional and romantic things for my partner if I want to. I don't prefer her to express her emotions, because I don't know how to respond it. I'd like to be with her most of the time because she would be the one that connects me to the world. But sometimes I would like to stay with myself. Physicality isn't the first option in a relationship for me. But if I really love her, I could kiss her, hug her most of the time unintentionally, like a reflex. I don't like expressing my love to others physically, but when it comes to my partner, I can exaggerate a little bit too. I am a virgin and also my gf doesn't want to do sex now cause she doesn't feel ready. But it is not a big deal for me, cause i don't really give a damn about it. Sex is not really important, I would like to do it but there are more important things for me now and I can overlook.

16. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I would try to raise the child in a suspicious way, never give the information and tell him/her to use it. I would prefer him/her to solve the world with his own effort. I would try to be objective, wouldn't persuade my ideas to the child. I want him/her to think always and create himself/herself without prejudice.

17. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

If the friend is a person who can argue easily, I would try to argue and tell the idea of mine. Maybe it would last for hours, but I can do it and I won't be bored or upset or disappointed. I give credits to an opinion which is defended with strong arguments. But if the guy has not a logic behind that, I wouldn't bother do it. But I won't be affected emotionally. It's his/her idea, not mine.

18. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I see society as meaningless. Because I don't like the concept of society. I don't like being in society, doing what society does, it destroys the presence of my consciousness. I see them as a herd because mostly they do what they have been told to do. That's their biggest problem. They have prejudice. They cannot change their lives, even their thoughts, routines. They don't think much too, they just act.

19. How do you behave around strangers?

I don't like long conversations with them. If there is a need to say something, I say it. I don't bother to have a really good, kind conversation. I just don't care.

Well, that's me guys. I could have done better, but as I said in the writing, I am a lazy guy. I hope this was OK to read, and understand. Thanks for reading this, and your answers if there will be.

Last edited:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Feeling INTP sp/sx (maaaybe sx/sp) 5w6.

59... 4?

I could see triple withdrawn but Im not super solid on your image type tbh.

MKY

MBTI Type
INTP
Feeling INTP sp/sx (maaaybe sx/sp) 5w6.

59... 4?

I could see triple withdrawn but Im not super solid on your image type tbh.

Thanks for the response. I actually thought same way as you do, but assuming that I am an INTP, I tend to be suspicious about the outcome.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
You sound like a textbook INTP in terms of functions as well as dichotomy MBTI.
Probably e5 sp/sx.

Things that stick out:
- Your love of simplicity (Ti) in aesthetics
- Your love of philosophy and the contemplative life (NT). Descartes in particular (assuming you like his philosophy), seems very Ti friendly.
- Your preoccupation with disproving things and emphasis on logic (Ti)