• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confirm me being ISFP or disagree completely!

The green spirit

Seriously I had been considering myself as almost any introvert and even some extraverts (ESFP, ENFP, ENTP). I suck at staying with staying long with same type, everytime something seems wrong and I have to reconsider it. I need someone open minded here and someone who could make accurate judgement and prove it to me so good that I won't reconsider my type after 1 month. Plz don't read older posts or my perC account, I need unbiased opinions.

Ask me questions, but I prefer that you would somehow force out me to show my functions to you by writing something now and make me think now, because I tend not to write everything about what happened before or I just focus on something important to me too much, ignoring something that may be crucial in finding out my type. You see I don't really trust what I could write about situations myself (subjectivity doesn't let people be fully objective).

Taibreah

So, just ask you any questions? Hmm ok. Not sure if this question would be type related, but here is one.

1) A close friend of yours that you haven't seen in a while is unexpectedly in town and calls you last minute wanting to hang out and catch up. She/He is only in town for the weekend and is not familiar with the area and asks if you could pick him/her up and show them around the town. What is your first thought? What would you do? How does the last minute thing make you feel? Would you do it? Would you have ideas of where to go? Where would you take them or not take them?

I wouldn't be able to type you as I still have a lot to learn about typing others, but maybe someone else will help you with determining your type. Good luck! :)

The green spirit

So, just ask you any questions? Hmm ok. Not sure if this question would be type related, but here is one.
Well, I wanted to say that I don't want to imagine scenarios in my head (because I think differently than I would, actually, do), but I want to have to think now and don't imagine. I want it to be more realistic and accurate not my imaginatory type. I will do my best with this one anyway.

1) A close friend of yours that you haven't seen in a while is unexpectedly in town and calls you last minute wanting to hang out and catch up. She/He is only in town for the weekend and is not familiar with the area and asks if you could pick him/her up and show them around the town.

What is your first thought?
What the hell are you doing here? Why? Where? For what? Interesting and I didn't expect that. (irl it most likely won't happen because 1) friend wouldn't notice me 2) I don't really care about their current location and even forget their egxistence)

What would you do?
Most likely I would go and meet him, but I wouldn't really know where should we go. We would probably go to where I ive and have long talk. My only friend isn't very interested in exploring town and I'm bad at remembering what are popular destinations or special ones.

How does the last minute thing make you feel?
almost nothing if I don't have anything important already planned, which I almost never have

Would you do it?
yup

Would you have ideas of where to go?
Not really, maybe something on the go, I tend to remember thing when I see objects that I had memories of or with, maybe random memorisation. Less likely I know place where I dream to go and this could be nice opportunity, but this isn't likely. I care more about person.

Where would you take them or not take them?
I already said that I don't know, maybe somewhere to eat.

I wouldn't be able to type you as I still have a lot to learn about typing others, but maybe someone else will help you with determining your type. Good luck! :)
Good that you contributed here, but I don't think that this scenario could reveal much about person. I see some function reveals, but I don't think those will be enough for something reliable. Well, I will observe how it goes.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you value most?

What brings you the most happiness?

How would your describe Fi and Se as functions? How do you use them?

The green spirit

What do you value most?
I don't really know, maybe intensity in my life. My values change as I go in my life and pointing out only one would be just stupid. I wouldn't stay long with it. Thank god there are some more permanent ones, that just change shape over time. Some of them: feeling good, having fun
, having good music to listen to, not being abused, having freedom, not being limited, reaching goals that I feel like I should reach, completing tasks, not being overwhelmed.

What brings you the most happiness?
Moments when I pull out some godlike skills. For example: I got maximum grades from 3 tests same day without any proper studying and lacking sleep, when I was running in PE and it was last lap I increased my speed to the max and overtook everyone and gained lead, in Forza 3 breaking Fujimi Kaido lap time record of 2016 in F class, when I push myself to the limit at playing basketball and then doing lots of useful stuff. You see something dramatic and almost impossible, best word I can find is intense.

How would your describe Fi and Se as functions? How do you use them?
We don't use them, we just have them and they show themselves, we aren't gods. Descriptions will be basic, but i feel like I know them better, just expressing myself with words is hard.

Fi - it's judging function. Decides persons values from within of person. Doesn't require environment to help with judgement. It's just like Ti could be rebelling function of people, but it's different than it. Focus are feelings not logic. In dominant position it's unconscious and it just happens that we judge something, conscious judgements seem to have less worth in decision making than this unconscious one. It should feel natural to use it, while using lower judgement function will interfere with dominant and could make human don't really understand himself and even feel like being it's own enemy (Fi and Te are opposites). Of described as information filter because judges information based on person values fast.

Se - it's observing function. Observes environment just as it is, but isn't responsible for any judgements. Sees what can be seen by anyone and enjoys observations as much as it's possible (or at least notices lots of details, rarely misses something). Often misunderstood that it reacts to environment fast (having fast reaction types). It doesn't because it doesn't judge anything by itself. Not necessarily adrenaline junkie function too, but may enjoy activities that lets person to feel lots of concrete information incoming.

I'm not sure if I even use them so I won't answer how I use them. Usage should be obvious from descriptions.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=29164]The green spirit[/MENTION]

Based on that post response you could certainly be an ISFP. The reason I asked the question about defining the functions is that people do have widely varying ideas about what each function is, and so it can mean something completely different for a person to identify with various functions based on what their assumptions are about those functions. There is also a way that either very accurate or very inaccurate descriptions of functions can reveal some information about what a person's type actually is.

I tend to support whatever conclusions other people draw for themselves because each individual knows more about who they are than anyone else does, and even the occasional mis-typing of oneself can still express truths about the person.

The green spirit

Based on that post response you could certainly be an ISFP. The reason I asked the question about defining the functions is that people do have widely varying ideas about what each function is, and so it can mean something completely different for a person to identify with various functions based on what their assumptions are about those functions. There is also a way that either very accurate or very inaccurate descriptions of functions can reveal some information about what a person's type actually is.
Well, I have experience in typology.

I tend to support whatever conclusions other people draw for themselves because each individual knows more about who they are than anyone else does, and even the occasional mis-typing of oneself can still express truths about the person.
I don't think same here. Help from others to find out your type could be very helpful and relieving. Person itself cannot see himself objectively all the time, so different views from other people could help you see yourself more objectively, but requires skills to filter doubled subjectivity.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think same here. Help from others to find out your type could be very helpful and relieving. Person itself cannot see himself objectively all the time, so different views from other people could help you see yourself more objectively, but requires skills to filter doubled subjectivity.
Okay. Based on the little fragments of information I have from these few posts of yours, my impression is that I get a clear read on your use of Se, but the Fi read is not as clear. You could just as easily be ISTP in my impression. There is a certain way that really strong Fi-doms write and communicate that is not quite as clear to me in these few posts. Seeing typology as having objective, universal definitions also strikes me as somewhat Ti-driven, but there are some Fi-doms who approach it similarly. I'm also accustomed to E4 Fi-doms (specific individuals), so my impression might also be a bit skewed by that as well.

The green spirit

Okay. Based on the little fragments of information I have from these few posts of yours, my impression is that I get a clear read on your use of Se, but the Fi read is not as clear. You could just as easily be ISTP in my impression. There is a certain way that really strong Fi-doms write and communicate that is not quite as clear to me in these few posts. Seeing typology as having objective, universal definitions also strikes me as somewhat Ti-driven, but there are some Fi-doms who approach it similarly. I'm also accustomed to E4 Fi-doms (specific individuals), so my impression might also be a bit skewed by that as well.

Shouldn't your write up mean that I'm Se dom? You saw strong Se and you aren't sure about Ji function, couldn't that indicate stronger Se?

(I feel like I messed up in this statement)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shouldn't your write up mean that I'm Se dom? You saw strong Se and you aren't sure about Ji function, couldn't that indicate stronger Se?

(I feel like I messed up in this statement)
I actually did start typing that out - the suggestion that you could be a Se-dom, but then deleted it. I wrote that response in a hurry and also realized I didn't word it correctly about the "universal definition" business. I'll try to come back and write out thoughts more clearly later. I've lived my entire life with Fi and Ti-doms, and have read Jung primarily, but also some of the more recent MBTI writers.

The green spirit

I'll try to come back and write out thoughts more clearly later. I've lived my entire life with Fi and Ti-doms, and have read Jung primarily, but also some of the more recent MBTI writers.

Instead of judging me from that tiny ammount of info you should gather more data about me or provide some helpful information to me about functions and how to indicate them in yourself. Anyway you can act as you desire, just don't judge me from what I wrote here, it's not enough.

The green spirit

[MENTION=14857]labyrinthine[/MENTION] Plz come back, don't leave me alone. Would you suspect me being an ISFJ?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=14857]labyrinthine[/MENTION] Plz come back, don't leave me alone. Would you suspect me being an ISFJ?
That never crossed my mind based on what you've written. You really don't sound like a J to me so far. Based on what you've written, here are some of my impressions and then I'll ask more questions...

What the hell are you doing here? Why? Where? For what? Interesting and I didn't expect that. (irl it most likely won't happen because 1) friend wouldn't notice me 2) I don't really care about their current location and even forget their egxistence)
See, this struck me as rather TP because it is ready to go with the flow and doesn't express a lot of emotional investment in relationships the way you often see feelers express.

I'm bad at remembering what are popular destinations or special ones.
This is something iNtuitives are more likely to say, but it sounds the least like Si of all the functions and so could be Se.

almost nothing if I don't have anything important already planned, which I almost never have
This is a very Perceiver comment - I don't think a J would say this except in a rare case of possibly Ni-doms, but it would be more rare.

I don't really know, maybe intensity in my life. My values change as I go in my life and pointing out only one would be just stupid. I wouldn't stay long with it. Thank god there are some more permanent ones, that just change shape over time. Some of them: feeling good, having fun
, having good music to listen to, not being abused, having freedom, not being limited, reaching goals that I feel like I should reach, completing tasks, not being overwhelmed.
This reads like pure Se to me and somewhat skirts the Fi value issue.

The strong Fi-doms on the forum would likely expand a lot more on their sense of values and readily know what is important to them, although you do allude to the "more permanent ones" so you might just not have expanded on it here. They tend to be advocates for important issues and can go into great depth and complexity breaking it all down. It may be that ISFP would do this less so in text, but they are still passionate about certain values and will tend to have specific positions on these. My mother is an ISFP and she probably wouldn't write a log monologue about her values, but she does have an intensity about what she values offset with humor in expressing it sometimes.

Moments when I pull out some godlike skills. For example: I got maximum grades from 3 tests same day without any proper studying and lacking sleep, when I was running in PE and it was last lap I increased my speed to the max and overtook everyone and gained lead, in Forza 3 breaking Fujimi Kaido lap time record of 2016 in F class, when I push myself to the limit at playing basketball and then doing lots of useful stuff. You see something dramatic and almost impossible, best word I can find is intense.
This comment also struck me as something a STP would say, but that doesn't mean an FP couldn't also say it. It just encapsulates the TP ideal from how I understand it, but I mostly know INTPs and lived with one for 15 years and another for 6. I grew up with Fi-dom mother and sister and think I'm one myself, so that's where I come from experientially besides reading descriptions.

When I analyze someone's type I often base it on how they resolve conflict in conversation, how they approach and talk about relationships, what they spend their time doing, what they feel is the most important thing in their life. When you hear people talk about what is most important to them and how they go about getting what they want in life, that can be very helpful in getting a sense of what function they are using. So could you talk about the things that are most important to you, why you value those things, how you spend your time with it, and how you go about achieving goals? You can reframe the questions however suits you best.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some other good questions include describing your best and your worst experiences.

Describe a positive relationship and a negative relationship you have had and what made it good or bad (family, friends, or romantic). You could also just describe your favorite and least favorite kind of person you've encountered.

Describe your favorite activity/job and one that was horrible for you and the reasons it was good or bad.

One other question is the billion dollar question - who would you be if no external constraints were placed on you. IOW, how would you live your life, what would you do if you won a billion dollars?

The green spirit

That never crossed my mind based on what you've written. You really don't sound like a J to me so far. Based on what you've written, here are some of my impressions and then I'll ask more questions...
Well, OK

See, this struck me as rather TP because it is ready to go with the flow and doesn't express a lot of emotional investment in relationships the way you often see feelers express.
Couldn't that be bust shocked reaction? Couldn't shocked reaction mean Fi?

This is something iNtuitives are more likely to say, but it sounds the least like Si of all the functions and so could be Se.
Why iNtuitive? Do they have their own special lists?

Shouldn't Se know what's popular or known by society?

Shouldn't Si know their own list of their personal favourites?

What if I don't go out of home and don't really know them?

This is a very Perceiver comment - I don't think a J would say this except in a rare case of possibly Ni-doms, but it would be more rare.
I just expect that I will have free time, because I'm lazy and not really willing to do something. I just don't want to have responsibilities and I expect that I won't have lots of them, so it's just lseem like likely possibility.

This reads like pure Se to me and somewhat skirts the Fi value issue.
I can tell what I value if you ask me something on the moment. Do you value cars? I would answer yes. You see, this is different asking style.

This comment also struck me as something a STP would say, but that doesn't mean an FP couldn't also say it. It just encapsulates the TP ideal from how I understand it, but I mostly know INTPs and lived with one for 15 years and another for 6. I grew up with Fi-dom mother and sister and think I'm one myself, so that's where I come from experientially besides reading descriptions.
Today I'm feeling emotionally bad. Why? Because I'm failing at school and I fail to see how can I fix that. I don't really want to do something, but humilation is real and tommorow is another test which I will fail (I don't understand maths well and always have problems there). My feeling right now are something like I'm failure of human. I fail to see bigger picture, I concentrate more on now. Overall I coul fix this issue maybe next week, but my feels are concentrated on now. It sucks. Also parents aren't happy. I don't get any emotional support neither from me, neither from environment. Plus I failed today two times. Shit. I even had thoughts of not going to school tommorow, but ihave to go and I can't do anything about that.

When I analyze someone's type I often base it on how they resolve conflict in conversation, how they approach and talk about relationships, what they spend their time doing, what they feel is the most important thing in their life. When you hear people talk about what is most important to them and how they go about getting what they want in life, that can be very helpful in getting a sense of what function they are using. So could you talk about the things that are most important to you, why you value those things, how you spend your time with it, and how you go about achieving goals? You can reframe the questions however suits you best.
OK

The green spirit

Some other good questions include describing your best and your worst experiences.
I suck at those.

Describe a positive relationship and a negative relationship you have had and what made it good or bad (family, friends, or romantic). You could also just describe your favorite and least favorite kind of person you've encountered.
Family: It's mostly negative. My mom is ISTJ and dad is IXTP. They both judge me too much. We argue very often. Fool, asshole is in everyday dictionary. They have different word views from me and IMO judge me on not revelant things (example; I should put clothes on hanger as soon as I come back home or I should go to sleep before 1AM). I don't know what else to say, relationship isn't positive, but sometimes it could be productive one if we could use our strengts to help each other, but due to big differences it almost never happens and I don't like to work at all.

Friends: Question hard to answer, I don't really have those now. I have some from past, but that was years ago. We usually talked about video games and other everyday stuff. School, career and something like that. We even had some physical fights, but that didn't end our relationship.

Romantic: Never had those and probably never will, I'm too shy and don't like to express feelings.

Favourite person: INTJs mostly, they have been understanding and extremely fair. No nonsense and good jokes. I liked them all. Pretty fun people overall. Next to them and qually good are ISFPs, they can give me freedom in tasks I should do and they understand feelings good. I like those qualities a lot.

Worst person: INTP and ESTJ. Both of them were full of nonsense, narrow-minded humans. Very manipulative and didn't want any good for me. They were radiating evil around them everywhere against me. Toxic people most likely. They were argumentative, annoying and bitchy. Special and unreachable requirements everywhere. They were teachers and I changed both of them, they had been extremely counterproductive, not even talking about emotionaly humilating me every lesson I had. Lesson learned, I GTFO here.

Describe your favorite activity/job and one that was horrible for you and the reasons it was good or bad.
Favourite: Riding in vehicles that had pedals as fast as I could, including reckeless driving and almost falling into sea. Was fun to me, but scary to ISTJ. I liked to be vandal at school and still do, but it's getting dangerours.

Horrible: Swimming exercises 3 times per week. First month was pretty good, but later I didn't like repetition and cold water. At the end I skipped way too many of them. I wasn't bad at it eitheir. I dislike programming and Russian at school with passion. Programming is way too repetitive and Russian is way too hard for me to ever understand it.

One other question is the billion dollar question - who would you be if no external constraints were placed on you. IOW, how would you live your life, what would you do if you won a billion dollars?
Something similar to now. I would want to eat better food (sushis mostly) and I would want to buy a car. make it a project car and go to race to try out my abilities. Seems like very stereotypical ISTP thing, but I think it's just petrolhead's dream. I would want to move to other country and buy house there, standart yes, but it's just good. I wouldn't give my money to other people, maybe close relatives, but generally I wouldn't. I would want to work in car manufacturing plant and create some good cars (I would want to work in aerodynamical or engine field). Good place to live checked, good career checked, eartly needs satisfied checked = perfect life.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You sound like an ISFP so far. It's possible you're only in ISFP mode because you think you are one though.

Yutopas

The best way is to lay on your bed and see what happens.
This is also something to understand : functions describe preferred cognitive processes therefore material with behaviour descriptions is total BS.
A good question is : what releases your stress the most instantly ?
Being shy is also something very likely to have an effect on the way you behave in life.

The green spirit

The best way is to lay on your bed and see what happens.
Is this a joke or real thing? (I kinda understand why you suggest this. Before you advice I have been into bath for long times (1-2 hours and sometimes 3. All I think about my ideas, why something happened, what I will do later or what happened today.)

This is also something to understand : functions describe preferred cognitive processes therefore material with behaviour descriptions is total BS.
I get this already, I'm having hard time understanding myself.

A good question is : what releases your stress the most instantly?
Typology, youtube (mostly fun videos, music, random PC builds, tech channels, car channels like car throttle, Black Pantha and rarely Green Ham Gaming, because he rarely uploads something), Forza, food and doing something hands on (I'm unsure about this one, it rarely happens), playing piano (one time at school I was alone in music class and went to piano. I didn't knew how to play it. At first I just made random sound, but later I was able to make melodies. It was amazing experience. Some people say that piano is played straight from hearth and I agree. I never understood notes and probably never will, but when I did some free playing I was fascinated by beautiful sounds of it. That was bit magical. I don't have piano myself, so I'm not sure about stable benefits of it.), memes and internet.

Being shy is also something very likely to have an effect on the way you behave in life.
Some people online suspected that I have anxiety of some form. Most likely social anxiety *dying from lack of oxygen*