• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confirm me being ISFP or disagree completely!

Yutopas

Thanks.
Last questions before : what is your dream ? your real dream ? have you told me your real dream or have it been filtered ? do you think you miss something ?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
And how to check if I'm into one?

It's unlikely. Actually, a main reason to seem consistently of another type, is if you're interacting with someone of that type, which would not be the case here.

It was only a quick typing, but the way you speak of things like "wants" maps to Fi, and then you are more direct rather than brainstorming, so Se.

The green spirit

It's unlikely. Actually, a main reason to seem consistently of another type, is if you're interacting with someone of that type, which would not be the case here.
but it's still possible, right? maybe too much reading of crappy descriptions? maybe living with two thinkers?

It was only a quick typing, but the way you speak of things like "wants" maps to Fi, and then you are more direct rather than brainstorming, so Se.
Seems like you are saying that I'm either ESFP or ISFP. BTW don't Ti users say "want"? or "I like something"?

The green spirit

what is your dream ?
I dunno

your real dream ?
No real dream, but maybe just have fun, don't be work zombie, try out some cars, go to track once in my life time, don't be poor, actually have dream. You see I live without them. I just live and what I want is often for short durations. If I knew my dream I would be able to reach it quite easely, I would know what to do and dedicate myself to it. Now it's just tryng to find out middle ground in everything, no real goal, no real gains.

have you told me your real dream or have it been filtered ?
First time I told you my initial reaction to it and second time after some thinking

do you think you miss something ?
Where? In dream's description? Or somewhere else?

If in description, I would say not really, I explained it quite well, but I'm pretty sure that after some thinkinking and looking at my favourite stuff I would fing something that I like and what I crave from my life, but it's unconscious, so it's hard to observe it and it's not natural to me. Seems like we are digging into shadow functions here.

Yutopas

Ok man thanks.
Let me begin by this statement : MBTI is just a model of brain interactions and there is no proof it is deterministic. You are the shaper of your life and you decide what you want. You do not need a dream, you need reality. This reality leads to life and opening of perspective.
Still it is interesting to have a rough typing to understand where you are stuck currently.
You seems to me more like a thinker than a feeler. I think you are an ISTP function-wise. Why ? You seem in an identity-seeking/overthinking loop and you want to escape it by immediate sensory experience. You seems not to be a N dom too so actually this stack is the closer I see. Ti Ni do the trick because you are interested in "why ?" every time a question is asked and you seems to use a quite personnal logic which precede the facts.
Anyway, even if you are ISFP, the lessson is : go live the experience you want.

The "miss something" meant "do you have the sensation you miss something to be happier ?"

The green spirit

Ok man thanks.
Let me begin by this statement : MBTI is just a model of brain interactions and there is no proof it is deterministic. You are the shaper of your life and you decide what you want. You do not need a dream, you need reality. This reality leads to life and opening of perspective.
I know that already

Still it is interesting to have a rough typing to understand where you are stuck currently.
It's not really rough one.

You seems to me more like a thinker than a feeler. I think you are an ISTP function-wise. Why ? You seem in an identity-seeking/overthinking loop and you want to escape it by immediate sensory experience.
Overthinking loop? I'm not really into one. What made you think so?

You seems not to be a N dom too so actually this stack is the closer I see. Ti Ni do the trick because you are interested in "why ?" every time a question is asked and you seems to use a quite personnal logic which precede the facts.
Doesn't Te Ni question why?

Plz give me example of that logic and not considering facts first (Ji-Pe).

Anyway, even if you are ISFP, the lessson is : go live the experience you want.
I didn't ask for advice, but whatever, thanks. Problem is that I'm not sure about what I want and my wants are often short duration ones, later they turn out to "would have been stupid if I did that or wanted that". (Inside myself I wanted to say at first: Thanks a lot, your advice isn't helpful. Something prevented me from doing that).

I need someone open minded here and someone who could make accurate judgement and prove it to me so good that I won't reconsider my type after 1 month
Don't underestimate the bolded part, it's very important to this thread.

The "miss something" meant "do you have the sensation you miss something to be happier ?"

Maybe I have it, it's difficult for me to answer that, because I fail to think of anything concrete at the moment and I would need to think about that. Sorry. If you really need this I could engage my brain and think of something (I sense that this exact statement may indicate cog. function stack). I know that my life isn't perfect and I know that there is something I miss in it, but can't really describe that. Maybe it's lack of future vision (I dunno what I'm going to do after high school graduation and don't really have very strong interests that I could dedicate myself fully)?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=14857]labyrinthine[/MENTION] your opinion now?
Se is very consistent in all of your writing, so I would be surprised if you were not a Se-dom or Se-aux. You also have a lot of resistance against "J" external structure, so i would be very surprised if you weren't a perceiver. The business with the hangers, and such is a small example of that external structure that is very difficult for Perceivers.

For some reason it's still not clear to me which judging function you use. You do have a comfort level talking about how you feel, and you have a specific personal background with your family issues. There is definitely a reason you identify more clearly with Fi than Ti, and since I don't know you, I don't know the full reasons. Introverted functions are harder to read sometimes because they are more private by nature.

The clearest Fi-doms online do tend to have passionate feelings about larger issues and talk about the idea of values and morality - like animal rights, various types of rights and freedoms for people, fighting against injustices, and they can also form somewhat detailed judgments and impressions about other people. The values tend to be very core values like "people should have freedom" (which I am reading in your posts). It is a rather private function, and so it can be very difficult to say for certain.

Carl Jung's writing is a bit esoteric, but this is his description of Fi, and since it is the original source of the idea of all of the functions, it may be worth a read.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seems like you are saying that I'm either ESFP or ISFP. BTW don't Ti users say "want"? or "I like something"?
Ti-users have an internal system of logic that attempts to be objective. They avoid personal words like "want" or "I like". They are more likely to to use universal, objective terms with disclaimers of "It is likely", "Most probably", etc. They are careful thinkers that look to reason and "truth" as the way to make a decision, often being unconscious to their own personal feelings about decisions. They tend to be very accurate and careful thinkers.

The green spirit

Se is very consistent in all of your writing, so I would be surprised if you were not a Se-dom or Se-aux. You also have a lot of resistance against "J" external structure, so i would be very surprised if you weren't a perceiver. The business with the hangers, and such is a small example of that external structure that is very difficult for Perceivers.
It's good that you already see something consistent. You are progressing and it's good.

For some reason it's still not clear to me which judging function you use. You do have a comfort level talking about how you feel, and you have a specific personal background with your family issues. There is definitely a reason you identify more clearly with Fi than Ti, and since I don't know you, I don't know the full reasons. Introverted functions are harder to read sometimes because they are more private by nature.
Maybe you will investigate me further? :alttongue:

The clearest Fi-doms online do tend to have passionate feelings about larger issues and talk about the idea of values and morality - like animal rights, various types of rights and freedoms for people, fighting against injustices, and they can also form somewhat detailed judgments and impressions about other people. The values tend to be very core values like "people should have freedom" (which I am reading in your posts). It is a rather private function, and so it can be very difficult to say for certain.
You would rather find me saying to kill all animals, than talking about their rights, lol. Ok, I have fear of them and unfortunate stuff happened to me, so I'm biased as fuck. We need to investigate Ji.

Carl Jung's writing is a bit esoteric, but this is his description of Fi, and since it is the original source of the idea of all of the functions, it may be worth a read.
I have read his book in Lithuanian. Not all, just cognitive function part. I didn't his writing esoteric, I just had to concentrate on reading and understanding everything much more than I usually do when I read. It exhausted me fast. I still have that book. I think I should read other parts of it.

The green spirit

Ti-users have an internal system of logic that attempts to be objective. They avoid personal words like "want" or "I like". They are more likely to to use universal, objective terms with disclaimers of "It is likely", "Most probably", etc. They are careful thinkers that look to reason and "truth" as the way to make a decision, often being unconscious to their own personal feelings about decisions. They tend to be very accurate and careful thinkers.

Thanks for info, I lack understanding of Ti working process and interaction with other functions. How does Ti user react ot emotions? Do they need to find out why they feel in some way? and find details that make them feel that way?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for info, I lack understanding of Ti working process and interaction with other functions. How does Ti user react ot emotions? Do they need to find out why they feel in some way? and find details that make them feel that way?
That would be much more Fi oriented, so if you do that, then that is a strong indication in favor of Fi for you. Also, some other things you have said do make me think you are more likely using Fi.

Ti tends to see emotion as irrelevant, or as an interruption to correct thinking. Some Ti-doms really don't experience much emotion, so they aren't necessarily repressing everything because they simply don't relate to the world with their feelings. I have known Ti-doms with stronger emotional responses that are suppressed because of difficult experiences and even trauma in their life. Their emotions are very compartmentalized to a degree I could never experience. The emotional realm can be completely irrational and disconnected from their regular, analytical, logical way of dealing with the world, but it is rare that they express these or anyone sees it. They are most comfortable making decisions and relating to the world in a rational, non-emotional, clear thinking manner that strives to be accurate. They also like to solve problems in a rational manner, but they do it on their own terms and do not respond well to external structure either. They are also kinda laid back, humorous, and light in their overall persona.

I've been thinking about your type more, and there are a couple of strongly contrasted statements you've made that makes me think that perhaps you could be a Se-dom, and I'll go with ESFP since you tend to identify with Fi, but that your externally structured, J type environment has hampered your full expression of it. My impression (and I don't suggest it's a fact, but just an impression) is that this is the true you when you are in your element doing something improvisatory by nature that most people cannot do because they are too systematic and structured...

Moments when I pull out some godlike skills. For example: I got maximum grades from 3 tests same day without any proper studying and lacking sleep, when I was running in PE and it was last lap I increased my speed to the max and overtook everyone and gained lead, in Forza 3 breaking Fujimi Kaido lap time record of 2016 in F class, when I push myself to the limit at playing basketball and then doing lots of useful stuff. You see something dramatic and almost impossible, best word I can find is intense.

Then this is what happens when your external environment keeps demanding that you be someone you are not - that you be the systematic, structured, careful, person who fulfills the expectations of the school, family, work, etc.
Today I'm feeling emotionally bad. Why? Because I'm failing at school and I fail to see how can I fix that. I don't really want to do something, but humilation is real and tommorow is another test which I will fail (I don't understand maths well and always have problems there). My feeling right now are something like I'm failure of human. I fail to see bigger picture, I concentrate more on now. Overall I coul fix this issue maybe next week, but my feels are concentrated on now. It sucks. Also parents aren't happy. I don't get any emotional support neither from me, neither from environment. Plus I failed today two times. Shit. I even had thoughts of not going to school tommorow, but ihave to go and I can't do anything about that.

I think you will find your element someday, but for right now while you are young, you have to deal with what is demanded of you. There are types of employment from fireman, racecar driver, improvisatory musician, etc. that requires that ability to react to the moment fully, to be in the moment fully. You will be able to excel in something that most people cannot because you do have a special, unique approach to life. It may be that you are an introvert, but whatever your type, I do hope you can eventually find an environment for your life that resonates with your natural strengths rather than trying to change who you are. (I digress from type analysis, but those were just some thoughts I had) :)

The green spirit

That would be much more Fi oriented, so if you do that, then that is a strong indication in favor of Fi for you. Also, some other things you have said do make me think you are more likely using Fi.
Yes, I do.

Ti tends to see emotion as irrelevant, or as an interruption to correct thinking. Some Ti-doms really don't experience much emotion, so they aren't necessarily repressing everything because they simply don't relate to the world with their feelings. I have known Ti-doms with stronger emotional responses that are suppressed because of difficult experiences and even trauma in their life. Their emotions are very compartmentalized to a degree I could never experience. The emotional realm can be completely irrational and disconnected from their regular, analytical, logical way of dealing with the world, but it is rare that they express these or anyone sees it. They are most comfortable making decisions and relating to the world in a rational, non-emotional, clear thinking manner that strives to be accurate. They also like to solve problems in a rational manner, but they do it on their own terms and do not respond well to external structure either. They are also kinda laid back, humorous, and light in their overall persona.
Awkward in society? I have seen one very weird INTP at my school. He's like L, but not cool at all.

I've been thinking about your type more, and there are a couple of strongly contrasted statements you've made that makes me think that perhaps you could be a Se-dom, and I'll go with ESFP since you tend to identify with Fi, but that your externally structured, J type environment has hampered your full expression of it. My impression (and I don't suggest it's a fact, but just an impression) is that this is the true you when you are in your element doing something improvisatory by nature that most people cannot do because they are too systematic and structured...
Now I'm wondering what I wrote so contrasted.

Then this is what happens when your external environment keeps demanding that you be someone you are not - that you be the systematic, structured, careful, person who fulfills the expectations of the school, family, work, etc.
Environment only kept demanding good grades, not at sports and especially not at Forza (environments says that I shouldn't play that much, even if I don't play a lot). Did you meant that "intense" stuff is forced to me? Maybe ennea 3?

I think you will find your element someday, but for right now while you are young, you have to deal with what is demanded of you. There are types of employment from fireman, racecar driver, improvisatory musician, etc. that requires that ability to react to the moment fully, to be in the moment fully. You will be able to excel in something that most people cannot because you do have a special, unique approach to life.
You got me here. I couldn't resist from commenting. Racecar driver isn't really a profession. You must be rich already to start your driving career and then only maybe you get hired to drive in bigger races. It's almost impossible to become one if you don't have lots of cash already, so I don't really want to call it profession. At least this is what I have read about becoming one.

BTW what was so special or unique about me? I wanna hear awesome stuff and bad stuff too, just your opinion :D

It may be that you are an introvert, but whatever your type, I do hope you can eventually find an environment for your life that resonates with your natural strengths rather than trying to change who you are. (I digress from type analysis, but those were just some thoughts I had) :)
For that even thought about emigrating from Lithuania when I end uni (or maybe high school, I'm not sure if I need it.). I can feel winter depression (lack of sunny days).

Yutopas

After having seen your new input I do not type you ISTP anymore.
The things you write express that you are not concerned by holding the methodology to type you yourself. You call it as a savior to figure out your type...inferior Te. You do not seem to be Fe also. I told you about overthinking but it is not type related, it is more introverted-loop related.
Therefore, I think you are ISFP or INFP. Something troubles me : your description of your experience with music which sounded like Si and your desire to know "why". Can you reflect about INFP ?

The green spirit

After having seen your new input I do not type you ISTP anymore.
See even you can't say that I'm ISTP, then it's not surprising that it's hard for me to identify as one. BTW this thread is bit doomed, everyone wants to make conclusions faster than having enough data to base judgements and I said that final judgement must be accurate, very well prooved, so good that I don't have any desire think you all maybe were wrong (not possible, but that's the ideal, so being close it as much as possible is important).

The things you write express that you are not concerned by holding the methodology to type you yourself. You call it as a savior to figure out your type...inferior Te. You do not seem to be Fe also.
And I must ask why it's only inferior Te, there are many threads where people ask what type they are and they could be almost any type. In this case maybe not Fe, but even then why it has to be inferior? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I told you about overthinking but it is not type related, it is more introverted-loop related.
Ok, I agree and agreed from what I remember.

Therefore, I think you are ISFP or INFP.
Nandato! Masaka! lol

Something troubles me : your description of your experience with music which sounded like Si and your desire to know "why".
What exactly was Si of music description?

As to desire about wanting to know why, I guess I'm just curious. Maybe you are right, I can say that I don't understand Ne very well.

Can you reflect about INFP ?
Reflect what? I don't know. I don't really understand what Ne is, Si is less mysterious, but still I don't have required abilitiees to comment about that. It's surprising that you actually saw Ne and SI in me, while labyrinthine saw me as Se aux or dom. Something isn't right, but I'm pretty sure that we will figure out why that happened in future. I'm not sure how often I use my questioning why, so... In perC I typed myself as INFP for one week. In that time while I talked with other INFPs I got exhausted quite fast or just fed up with their feelings (they seriously remind me of that stereotypical definition of loser or cry baby). There was thread this or that. You must choose one of two things and name two of them for other user. It was interesting, but bit too exhausting for me. Also I used environment for inspiration. I was more interested in choosing than coming up with things. Here is that thread: [INFP] This or That . I don't remember now how I revertedd back to ISFP, but it didn't take very long. My latest typing on perC was ESFP and it was very convincing.

Yutopas

Ahah you pointed out the truth, in fact we do not know because bahaviour is a matter of interpretation and is influenced by plenty of other factors. Therefore, you are the only guy who can figure out :p
Let's see this example : someone states "Eminem is better than Lady Diana" and three persons disagree :
FiNe will primarily judge it as wrong because he prefers Lady Diana and Eminem is a douchebag.
NiTe may contradict too because conceptually it sees no matching avatars.
TeNi will disagree because you disturbs the class order
TiNe will contradict too because somewhere this comparison does not match its conscious logic.
(it is here archetype and the most important is the process, not reasons which are imaginary)
Example 2 :
I did not stated your type as a definite answer because I judged so (it would be Ti) but because I saw it as the best course of action to trigger more data to analyze and to support a hunch (Te).
At the end of the day, you will figure out yourself. I said Te because you delegate the process of thinking and you do not seem to be concerned by the logic itself (you are not Ti dom).
I saw Si when you reflected about one of your answer, you told me that music is played for heart of something like that. It can either be Ni (meaning you see in this experience) or Si (the sensation itself in an internal fashion). It does not mean it is in your main stack though, it just means that it is not an inferior function for you based on cognitive framework.

You "why" can also be the result of Ti/Ni/Ne. The diffference is that Ne will have in fact a hunch about it (maybe he asks me because he...), Ti will want to know to have a better understanding of the situation and judge it logically while Ni would like to gain data to feed its conceptual world.

Inferior function is the one which can overwhelm you and which you miss so the one you can unconsciously or consciously envy in other people. For example, a Se inferior may lose control under too much external stimuli and may envy people who can relax and live the present moment for its sake.

The green spirit

Ahah you pointed out the truth, in fact we do not know because bahaviour is a matter of interpretation and is influenced by plenty of other factors. Therefore, you are the only guy who can figure out :p
Sucks because I'm not very good at it.

Let's see this example : someone states "Eminem is better than Lady Diana" and three persons disagree :
FiNe will primarily judge it as wrong because he prefers Lady Diana and Eminem is a douchebag.
NiTe may contradict too because conceptually it sees no matching avatars.
TeNi will disagree because you disturbs the class order
TiNe will contradict too because somewhere this comparison does not match its conscious logic.
(it is here archetype and the most important is the process, not reasons which are imaginary)
I would say: How is Eminem and Diana even related? Comparison just doesn't make sense.

Example 2 :
I did not stated your type as a definite answer because I judged so (it would be Ti) but because I saw it as the best course of action to trigger more data to analyze and to support a hunch (Te).
At the end of the day, you will figure out yourself. I said Te because you delegate the process of thinking and you do not seem to be concerned by the logic itself (you are not Ti dom).
You see, I didn't believed it myself lol.

I saw Si when you reflected about one of your answer, you told me that music is played for heart of something like that. It can either be Ni (meaning you see in this experience) or Si (the sensation itself in an internal fashion). It does not mean it is in your main stack though, it just means that it is not an inferior function for you based on cognitive framework.
I felt that stuff. Fingers just played my mood that day. Not the good mood, rather bad one. I was sad and angry. Are you saying that I'm Fi dom?

You "why" can also be the result of Ti/Ni/Ne. The diffference is that Ne will have in fact a hunch about it (maybe he asks me because he...), Ti will want to know to have a better understanding of the situation and judge it logically while Ni would like to gain data to feed its conceptual world.
For me it's most likely to be some type of N.

Inferior function is the one which can overwhelm you and which you miss so the one you can unconsciously or consciously envy in other people. For example, a Se inferior may lose control under too much external stimuli and may envy people who can relax and live the present moment for its sake.
Thanks for info.

Yutopas

I do not know to be honest, you confused me as well :p
I prefer sharing you a reading I found :
When You ALMOST Know Your Personality Type (aka "Between Two Types") - Personality Type and Personal Growth | Personality Hacker
As for function, you should look for inferior functions description. Like "inferior fi", "inferior ti" and so on. I will just give you what I am sure of about you :

• you have no thinking function as inferior one
  • you have no feeling function as inferior one
  • you do not have inferior Si as inferior one
I dismiss so : ENTP, ENFP, ENFJ, ESFJ, ISFP, INFP
This will not help I guess but it is better than nothing. ISFP is still a good candidate for me.
Dominant function can manifest in something you are really good at without really knowing it since it is just something you do so easily and automatically that you do not see it.

The green spirit

I do not know to be honest, you confused me as well :p
On surface I may seem simple to type, but dig deeper and it's impossibru (imo)

I read everything. I knew all that stuff already, just had to read another one description of positions. It helps a bit.

As for function, you should look for inferior functions description. Like "inferior fi", "inferior ti" and so on. I will just give you what I am sure of about you
Interesting advice, but I will use it tommorow (it's already 2:40 AM).

• you have no thinking function as inferior one
  • you have no feeling function as inferior one
  • you do not have inferior Si as inferior one
I will ask you a lot here (haha I will kill you with questions lol). Why I don't have thinking function as inferior? Why I don't have feeling function as inferior one (I kinda get why, but I want to know your reasoning here, just seems like you may have something interesting to say)? Why I don't have Si as inferior function? Are you suggesting that I may be Si dom? You see nothing else fits with your observations, unless Si can be in the shadow functions. Then we get more possibilities. Then I'm not Ne dom, T or F dom, but Ni, Se or Si dom. Anyway, you didn't really had any consistent observations from me in this thread, so I should doubt accuracy of current ones and wait for your next reply. Also your observations disagree with labyrinthine's and I notice that. Overall that makes you both less accurate, but less risky (less possibilities of radical mistype)

I dismiss so : ENTP, ENFP, ENFJ, ESFJ, ISFP, INFP
This will not help I guess but it is better than nothing.
maybe

ISFP is still a good candidate for me.
You are having to see me from many perspectives? Seems like it.

Dominant function can manifest in something you are really good at without really knowing it since it is just something you do so easily and automatically that you do not see it.
I know that and that makes things hard here.

BTW what does your username mean?

You seem very knowledgeable and maybe too much for just beginer. Were you banned from other typology forum? or have you just read a lot of information about MBTI and then made account? You are interesting member.