• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

953 or 963...

Ayuhime

Okay, so I feel a bit uncertain about if I have 5w6 or 6w5. See, I often get 5 as highest or in-tie with 9 in any test I take, as well as can see their way of seeing things easily but... I also do ask for confirmation a bit too much/like to learn about typologies to see where I agree and disagree then sort of synthetize whatever I know about different ones but I am not sure if it is really in a 5 fashion...

I searched many forum posts on different forums, as well as own a Riso-Hudson book (Understanding The Enneagram) but...

I sometimes worry if I mistyped my 5w6-fix since it is really easy for a Ti-dom to mistype as one. Though, I don't really relate to 6 either and can't say that I am in an exactly healthy level of 9- so it might be going towards disintegration making me question it now and then, especially when I feel stressed in general. I don't really have the doubt and expecting being hurt by people as a core 9, though I put an emotional distance in-between silently. I often research and get really frustrated if I have no idea how to handle a person- and once I find a possible explanation for it, even if theoretical, I immediately start to calm down and it clicks. Once I know what is happening, I feel safe as I know what I would be and wouldn't be able to do, as well as how to protect myself or how to emotionally cut myself off from said thing-

For example, since now I am learning more about Socionics (even if I am sort of skeptical towards it), I read about Benefit relations and it just clicked why I had such a push-pull relationship with my INFJ/IEI friend. Before, I would worry about if one or both of us were harmful to each other since we ended up exploding to each other at times, as well as some resentment building up before an explosion. I was once again going the typical 9 way of ignoring it but when I read and learned more about Benefit dynamics and how much it fit the situation, I now started to assert my own boundaries more and told her that I would disappear for a while (which I never did with her, as she is pretty sensitive to abandonment as well). If I didn't find that particular information, I would have most likely continued that cycle.

I am not sure if anything I said could be really tied to 6 or 5, or how much really, so I am finally asking for opinions I suppose?