• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Debate my type, I'm unsure.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey guys. Help type me again, please? I'm having doubts about my ENFJ typing. I appreciate all of those who have helped me before, I just need to know.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I'm just not sure if I'm an ENFJ. Maybe I'm having trouble believing it... but I have taken the Jungian function test, or whatever, and I've gotten INFJ multiple times. Maybe I'm lying to myself and denying that I really am an INFJ.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want to do something creative with my life. I just want to do it all, I have so many ideas. I'm not some child prodigy, as my mom likes to say. I don't know if I'm even talented enough, but I cannot see myself doing a desk job for the rest of my life. No offense to anyone who does or enjoys that kind of thing. In the short term, I'm fine doing retail and making money or whatever, but I need to do something creative in the long run. Just being able to live out my dreams would make me happy, I guess.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
It's been a long time since I have felt that way, but I guess when I did dance in high school. There was a showcase -- it was all of the classes, so it wasn't like a big special thing, but I really worked hard and I did really well and my teachers and peers noticed, and I felt really special.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When people insult me or attack me. I'm actually really emotional and naturally defensive. I'm not really guarded, though, but it's like.. if you wrong me I become guarded and suspicious. But It's like, I let people in, then learn, and then proceed to not do the same thing next time, if I can help it. I just don't like being belittled or micromanaged or teased, it just rubs me the wrong way. But I can take a joke and stuff, I try not to be really serious.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
My decisions affect myself and myself alone, for the most part. But I definitely seek other's opinions, even if I have made up my mind... but then I do what I was going to do anyways.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I like to control the outcome. Like if I take on a task or decide to do something, if I don't get it right the first time, I kind of give up. Not all the time... but, yeah. I'm really hard on myself if I don't get something right away. I've always been a perfectionist, I don't know where it comes from.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Fun, for me, is feeling carefree and excited and happy and relaxed. I feel that way when I'm out and about and doing things, I like to do things. Being at home all the time isn't fun.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

I definitely have to physically do the task/new thing, to learn how to do it. Actually doing the task -- a visual/physical learner, I think it is -- helps me retain information and all of that. I've almost always been that way.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Fairly organized. I definitely like to keep a schedule and know when something is happening at a certain time, but if I have to adjust plans, that's fine. I'm good with last minute changes to things, as well. But I like to be on the ball about things, too. I think that there's a specific place for everything, but my nightstand drawers tend to be a free for all sometimes. And my dresser drawers aren't too organized, either.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I'm a mixture of both. I try to understand the principles behind it and look for information to support it so that it does make sense. I like researching stuff, I love learning new things.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I feel much better knowing that everyone is fine and dandy. I'm happy when other people are happy.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before I speak and I prefer one on one discussion. But I have times where I don't think before I speak and make a snap judgement. I also like being around groups, I'm prone to go where the action is, I love hearing gossip/eavesdropping. Not for maliciousness, I'm just curious and I love to know what's going on.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know what's going on before I leap. Actions speak louder than words to me, but they are equal in my mind.. but I prefer actions. Like, showing you care, and things like that. They mean a lot to me because I feel I always give and give and give and I feel like everyone takes from me. But I'm too nice to speak up about it... frustrating.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Invite the friend over to watch said show with me. Not that I'm opposed to going out, but I'd prefer to watch something with someone than be alone, most of the time, I guess. I do like my alone time, but I can get really lonely after awhile. I like talking to people about stuff. And sometimes it's fun to be at home and watch tv/a movie. You're in your home and you can watch whatever you want and talk to your friends.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

When I am stressed out, I freeze up and I avoid the situation and I don't do anything, until I have to do something, at which point I take the reigns and deal with the situation. I'm a bit of a procrastinator and stubborn and it's frustrating for myself and those around me, but it's unfortunately the way I think...

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who are selective assholes. I'm stealing this quote from Emma Stone, but it resonates with me. I don't like it when people treat others one way, and are nice to certain people. It's rude. I don't like being ignored, especially emotionally -- I don't like my feelings not being considered, because I think of myself as a giving, considerate person. Yet I get nothing in return, so it emotionally dries me up. It's tiring and hurtful; like, why am I wasting my time when I get treated like shit? Yet I can't speak up, because I'd be in the wrong. Fucking respect, rolling my eyes. I'm the one who is respectful and I get disrespected.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I really like talking about music and movies with people, as those are two of my favorite things. I also love food and could talk about it. But I'm not like, a foodie person, I just love junk food. I wish there was a deeper answer here, but that's about it. I love hearing what other people like and finding a common ground. It's fun hearing people talk about their interests. And I like sharing mine.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Important stuff. Money, bank stuff, etc. The real adult stuff, as people like to joke. I'm not... oblivous to it, but, I.. sort of am. I'm aware of it, but I don't fully know how I'd really deal with some of those things on my own, fully.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I've been told I'm really kind, caring, selfless, that sort of thing. I don't always feel that, I fear that I'm some bad and manipulative person, but apparently I'm not. So they wouldn't call me manipulative or anything like that.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'd go out and go shopping all day -- shop, have lunch, go somewhere for dinner, maybe even a movie. And then I'd come home and have a bath and wine and indulge in some junk food or something. That sounds really nice to me. Ideally with friends.