• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help!

Megatron

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is my MBTI?

Okay.. So I am having a hard time deciding my type because I see myself in most types/ functions. Plus it doesn't help that I constantly second guess myself on just about everything I do. So any specific insights would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!

• What got you interested in Personality Type?

I first found out about it in my psychology class in high school. I’ve always been interested in human behavior and taking those personality quizzes like “What color are you?” in teen magazines, so to have a personality quiz to determine who I truly am and not just some superficial quiz was very exciting for me.

Over time though I became interested in it because I realized it could (hopefully) help me better understand myself and those around me; especially when it comes to my immediate family because we all seem to clash a lot.

• What kind of work do you do for a living?

That is still undetermined. In the past I’ve enjoyed management, but it was in retail so it was never steady enough. Right now I work at my dad’s business running the office so that he can focus on being out in the shop with his employees. I don’t like it, but I’m good at it. My degree is in accounting and I have no intensions of using it for accounting. I prefer a job where I’m not stuck behind a desk all day, but I don’t want to be out of “the office” either. If you’ve ever seen the show The Office, if I had to pick someone’s job to have it would be Darryl’s because he has to manage his people and shipments, he has physical tasks to complete, but still has times at his desk to do some paperwork, and it’s a casual environment. (Not that I want to work in a warehouse, this is just the best example I could think of to describe my ideal work environment)

• What would constitute a perfect day for you?

It would start out with a pot of coffee talking to a loved one (mom, boyfriend, best friend, etc.) about life, religion, maybe gossip. Just really have a down to earth conversation about things that are important to us.

After that I would like to go burn my energy by doing some random shopping. Not window shopping or clothes shopping, but more like shopping for my home. I love TJ Maxx, Home Goods, and Marshalls. (In my perfect day I have the budget to buy new accessories/ decorations for my home lol)

Once I’ve used up my energy, I’d go home, put out my new decorations while listening to music, and enjoy being home alone for a while.

For the evening, I’d make dinner for me and my boyfriend, have a few beers while watching our TV show, and then go to bed.

It’s a simple perfect day, but it’s nice to be able to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. I don’t currently have any of this, but I’d give anything to have it again :)

• What are you most grateful for in your life?
I’m grateful that despite my depression I still have a healthy relationship with God, I have a steady moral compass, and I have the strength to get up every day to go to work and accomplish what I need to in order to be a functioning member of society.

• If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

Ha. My mom and dad were always fighting. My sister always had crying/ screaming fits and my mom allowed it because she believed that my dad didn’t love her. So I spent most of my childhood ignoring my family by hanging out with a friend of mine. I guess I would change the way my parents communicated with each other and with my sister and I. Other than that mom always made sure my sister and I had whatever we needed or wanted like clothes, toys, play dates, etc. We were definitely spoiled, but that was my mom’s way of trying to make up for all the emotional drama that we had.

• Share an embarrassing moment in your life.

I’m always embarrassed when people ask me what I do for a living. I don’t like my answer because I feel like it’s not good to society’s standards. Also, because I am struggling financially, I don’t do a lot in my spare time so I feel I sound boring when people ask what I’ve been up to.

Logically, I know I am doing fine as a young adult with no help from my parents or the government, but it still sucks to feel like people see me as struggling, unproductive, or boring.

• Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?

Yes I do. I have a bad habit of tripping on my words so I like to have it planned out so I don’t sound incompetent.

• If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?

I would love the ability to stay at my desired weight no matter what. My weight goes up and down a lot and when I’m at my thinnest I have so much more confidence in everything I do.

• Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
I honestly don’t like or trust anyone enough to pick someone. If I had a boyfriend I’d probably pick him though.

• How would your friends describe you?

Caring, generous, kind of a Negative Nancy/ grumpy, the mom friend, smart, care too much about whatever job I have at the time, stubborn when it comes to morals/ beliefs, but easy-going when it comes to day to day activities, spicy (instead of sassy because we like spicy food lol), and too hard on myself and others.

Last edited: