• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confusion about whether to identify as N or S

peter pettishrooms

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
At this point, I'm convinced that I can never be 100% sure of my type even if a number of MBTI professionals have come to the same conclusion as there will always be some skepticism. Nothing to do with giving up on MBTI, but I just have a more "you can never be certain of everything" attitude. Consistently, I test as INTJ and have never gotten another result minus the one time I scored ISTJ. I had also gotten pretty close to an INTP a few years ago that has studied MBTI on a deeper level, even going so far as to reading Jung's works, and he has even thought that INTJ seems like an accurate typing for me. But I often go through short periods a few times a month thinking that I must be an ISFP instead because of how I identify with a good chunk of online ISFP profiles.

I think the reason why I decide to identify as INTJ most of the time is because of the lack of reliable, in-depth resources out there for sensors. I don't necessarily find those sensor descriptions offensive or even biased (at least most of the time when they don't originate from forums), but I do think that most of those profiles are poorly written and show a shallow understanding of sensor types for lack of a better word. A lot of those sensor articles seem to be written primarily by intuitives who can only speculate how a sensor thinks on a theoretical level but do not often have the firsthand experience to describe sensors with a lot of accuracy. Rather the best way to go about finding your type as a sensor is by reaching out to a group of them and seeing if you can relate to some. But even that has its limitations as there are not that many self-proclaimed sensors on these type of forums to begin with.

I've tried immersing myself into ISFP communities online to see if I was a good fit, but even then they had their doubts that I could be one of them. However, I cannot rule out ISFP just yet when the ISFP forum contained a small sample size. I don't ever recall an instance where any NTs questioned my INTJ typing except on a specific INTJ forum that had a significant male population, some within the alt-right. And that was the first time I've felt out of place within a sea of NTs, not so much to do with their questioning but rather the specific demographics that forum attracted. I've even tried changing my type to ISFP on there out of curiosity to see how they would react, and they completely bought it. I still wouldn't rule out INTJ as a potential type either seeing as they never really provided any specific reasons for why they thought I was not an INTJ.

Yeah, these examples I have given will probably not be enough for a stranger to determine my type, but I'm willing to hear some opinions, advice, or anything related to what I just posted.

oceanica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
If anything, I'd recommend figuring out your function stacking as best as you can. You're right, it's odd that there's not a lot of reliable information on sensors when they (supposedly) make up the majority of the population. I was confused as to my type and why I wasn't as ENFP-ish as most of my ENFP friends, but I figured out my function stacking and realized that I had both an almost equally Te and Ti, instead of a noticeable disparity. In addition, my Fi and Te were relatively close, which made me closer to an thinker thanI had realized. I'm also less extroverted than most of the ENFPs I know, and very intuition heavy as opposed to borderline. All of this things helped me really figure out that I was indeed an ENFP, but not like ones I know in real life or like the stereotype. Your enneagram type and tritype could also have something to do with it.

Basically, examine your function stackings and really explore your enneagram type :) Hope I helped!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
what would it change with others for you, if you told them you are S or N