• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NF?

madhats42

MBTI Type
XNFX
Enneagram
2w3
I've done a post before but that was around 9 months ago and I still have no clue what my type is.

A. Age, gender, and nationality

19, Male, American

B. What kind of things do you remember easily? What kind of things do you usually forget?

I remember social details most easily. I remember relationships, conversations, personal details, etc., pretty easily. Those are what interest me so they stick. I also remember quotes pretty will. I'm not good at remembering strings of numbers and also sometimes when someone tells me to do something, I'll go into the room and totally forget what they said for me to do.

C. What kind of people do you feel most comfortable around? What kind of people make you feel awkward or uncomfortable? What kind of people annoy you the most?

I feel most comfortable around people that are really open and friendly, and usually kind of extroverted. I don't mind bitter or cynical people but I generally don't feel comfortable around them--I'm not very good at dark/angry humor and don't really like it. Generally I get along better with people who are more easygoing and positive.

People who annoy me more are attention-seeking or self-centered. I remember reading that what we find annoying in others reflects our insecurities more than anything, and I think this is true here. My biggest insecurity is that others perceive me as selfish or narcissistic, so it annoys me when other people exhibit those traits because it reminds me of my insecurities.

D. How do you usually handle interpersonal conflict or confrontation? How do you wish you handled it - what would you change about your usual approach if you wanted to improve?

I'm not great at interpersonal conflict. Unless I have to pursue it, I'll perpetually avoid it. The exception is if someone is hurt because of the conflict--at that point, I'll try to handle it as tactfully as possible. If I could, I'd want to be more confident and I guess more perceptive of people. Sometimes I'm not sure how much of a conflict is the other person's feelings and how much I'm just projecting my feelings onto them.

E. What is your demeanor like?

It depends on the situation. With strangers, I'm a little more restrained and not as emotionally expressive. I don't mean to, but my friends say I have a very academic and formal vibe. Generally, I also have a vibe that I'm worried about something constantly (which I am). One time a person I met at a party said that I was the most polite person she'd ever met, and I think that's because I can get kind of obsessive about making sure that other peoples needs are being met (and that they like me).

Among friends/family, I'm a little more comfortable and exhibit more of a sense of humor but still a little worried most of the time. Sometimes I'm kind of flamboyant. I seem to have a compassionate vibe and apparently have a calming effect (particularly in my voice)? A couple people have commented on that, which I find weird.

F. Think about your energy, interest level, and skill doing various activities. What energizes you, relaxes you, bores you, or stresses you out? What do you do well, okay, or poorly?

Exercise and being productive energizes me. Reading or listening to music relaxes me, as does yoga. Deadlines and people angry at me stresses me out, and I usually react to that by procrastinating (which makes things worse) or stress eating (which makes things even worse because it adds more stress--I'm also super obsessive about calorie counting).

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
First read through SFJ. Leaning ISFJ. 9. Sp/so. 962. Slightly unhealthy.

But its hard to tell over this- and if you think NF then yeah thats fine too.