• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my Enneagram type?

Modern Medusa

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
PSTypes

Type One: 20
Type Two: 44
Type Three: 18
Type Four: 46
Type Five: 41
Type Six: 46
Type Seven: 32
Type Eight: 14
Type Nine: 31

The Keirsey/Jung test I didn't finish. I kept ping ponging between answers. Personal Pathways result was ISFP, the S/N was harder to answer. I related to only 2 characteristics each.

The Dario/Keys 2 results:
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************** (29.7)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************* (33.6)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.7)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28.2)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25.1)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.7)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.7)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.7)
excellent use

Results: ISFP

So I guess I might be a ISFP. ;) I guess my main need of help is with being 4w5 or 6w5.

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type? Tests and some reading.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline). I get restless. I need to be doing something, especially with my hands. I feel I need something to grab my attention.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you? A roller coaster. Highs and lows. Never dull but oddly boring. I'm a very serious person but quite silly.
b. What have others said about you? That I'm insightful, funny, quiet, artistic, caring, sensitive, pessimistic.
c. What do you think of yourself? That I'm an awkward, artsy person who indulges my imagination to escape from things.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one. Ugh, personal. Kinda uncomfortable. It's hard for me to trust people after so much distrust, I guess.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt? Being completely selfless or caretaking. I think it takes a special kind of mindset that I don't have. I also lack leadership traits. I just don't like that pressure. It's an incredible weight that makes me fall apart.
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop? Oddly enough leadership qualities. I'm ambitious and being in charge would give me some control and say in things.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
It mostly centers around being too different or being hurt in a way I can't get past.

6. Which types do you identify with most? 4,9, 2, 6
a. How do you relate to these types?
4 - They seem to have a loner quality and seek comfort and self in creative pursuits.
9 - Mediators during fights. Sloth-like when unhealthy.
2 - Seek comfort, love, approval, loves to help people.
6 - Most likely to stress and worry over every little thing.
b. How do you NOT relate to them?
4's seem to enjoy being different. I might too much of a loner to be a 2. I might be too 'airy fairy' to be a 6. I could actually see myself as a 9 yet....

7. Which types are least like you?
8w7
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types? I'm not confrontational if I can help it. I could see a 7 wing since I do side with doing things that bring joy and fun, but not as my core.
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to? When I am confrontational then you need to watch out and 7 got explained above.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love? I crave love and attention more than the average person and love, in various forms, drives me.

9. What is the message your superego tells you? My superego? :huh:

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

Yeah, this is personal and I would answer it via private message if needed. I would say my 'superego' tells me be as civil as possible and not to stir sh** up, that you never know when you may need people as a friend or ally. Which strikes me as very much the opposite of 4 and Fi. :shrug:

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.

- to be "okay", having it together8
- to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause 5
- to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative6
- to be knowlegeable7
- to be powerful, strong, unassailable.9
- to be accomplished and successful 4
- to strive to become/behave like a good person 1
- to be a loveable person 3
- to be loving and benevolent 2

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:
- I must do everything to maintain my world
- I have a sense of being unimportant, insignificant, and underving of attention
- I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
- I have been abandoned and I am inherently flawed
- I'm outside the natural unfoldment of things
- People have wronged and messed with me
- I feel isolated, cut off, and ultimately separate
- I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack
- I've had a sense of being rejectible

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:
- Creating conflict by making myself or my needs too obvious
- Rejection, being needy, and not being loved
- Weak and not being on top of things
- Failure
- Being abandoned, sadness, feeling lost
- Entanglements and losing what I have
- Something is basically wrong with me--I'm not good enough
- Boredom, grunt work, and being exposed as a charlatan
- A lot--everything and everyone to one degree or another. It's very generalized.

PurpleDawn

You strike me as a 6 with 9 and 4 in your tritype.

"2 - Seek comfort, love, approval, loves to help people." - depending on how you meant that, it could also be 6w? and/or 4w3

Modern Medusa

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You strike me as a 6 with 9 and 4 in your tritype.

"2 - Seek comfort, love, approval, loves to help people." - depending on how you meant that, it could also be 6w? and/or 4w3

Sorry for the late reply, there was family drama going on. I think I seek approval from others to validate my worth, which is stupid but I do it nonetheless. I am having a hard time deciding 6w5 or 6w7. I'm so indecisive. :blush:

MBTI wise I'm torn between ISFP and INFJ.