• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

my gut tells me i'm a certain type but I need outside opinion to confirm...

spaceynyc

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I'm not sure, I just feel like i can relate to many different types and functions. I believe i'm an intuitive... I'm very stuck in a mental space and the physical realm doesnt interest me much. I've pretty much got it narrowed down that I am 100% introverted and 100% feeling.. not so sure about whether I value Ne over Ni or vice versa but I definitely value Se over Si. Si is actually something that kind of repulses me lol. I hate tradition and everytime I think of the past its a negative feeling for me

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
growing up i've always yearned for a soulmate. i always felt like I could never be complete without finding "the one"... part of me feel like music is my calling but I just havent had the inspiration to keep at it. I don't force myself to do anything I only go by instinct and inner voice. I yearn to understand who I am and my place in the world

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I felt like I was at my finest when I was active physically going to the gym being in shape, being social and making friends. this was me in about 2009-2010 but i havent been the same ever since then. i'm very lazy but I found the love of my life and that has lifted my depression for a long time now. depression is something ive been fighting since I was 13

4) What makes you feel inferior?
not knowing how to navigate in the world, not being able to live in the moment, not having energy to get things done, not having strength to get over failures

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
when I make a decision I tend to think long term. how will this affect me in a week/month/year... then I think about how will this affect others.. it makes me more comfortable when everyone is in agreement with a decision. i'm pretty self sacrificing. I feel more comofrtable if YOU like the decision, I tend not to think about how I feel most times unless its something i'm strongly against

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
not really a fan of projects, I try to avoid them..but when it comes to a project I really like to work alone. I'm not a big fan of depending on other people in general.. also not great at brainstorming among others, much prefer to do that in my head. I hate doing projects but if i have to do one I try to get it done ASAP because if I push it to the side it irks me until I finish it. and when I get started on one I will not stop until its finished and I hate being distracted

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
i'm really not good with memories.. i know i've had fun in the past but I cant recall enough details of it to type it out.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I like to read about it as much but I prefer watching someone do it than reading.. I am very much a visual type learner. I hate instruction manuals and I dont have patience to do things step by step. when I purchase a product I learn by trial and error rather than reading manuals. and I dont have the patience to learn new things unless i'm genuinely interested otherwise its like pulling teeth for me

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
i'm a big planner, I always feel more comfortable knowing what i'm doing next. i've never been a go with the flow kind of person. my room is always messy but its the messiness that I know where everything is but from an outsider's perspective it may look like a junkyard. but its a junkyard that makes sense to me. but I do like when things are organized and clean, just hate doing it myself it takes a lot of energy for me to organize physical spaces. i'm much more organized mentally than physically

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
definitely try to understand the principles behind it. I need to know the context of the idea, and how/if it can be set in reality. they have to make sense to me

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
i'm definitely more attuned to other people's feelings more than my own. i dont ever really know how I personally feel about most things. i'm satisfied when YOURE satisfied.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
definitely think before speaking, I take a lot of pauses to search for the correct words. and i much prefer one on one.. group discussions can trigger anxiety for me

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I definitely prefer to strategize before leaping into action. i want the best outcome and I visualize things in my mind first then act accordingly. yes actions definitely speak louder than words. words can be a lot more easily fabricated then actions can

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
make up an excuse that I cant make it

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get moody, I become critical, and when i'm very stressed i'm become impulsive.. I drive faster, blast music, turn to drugs etc

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
not a fan of people that are closed minded, ingenuine, people who take advantage of weaker people, people that are over bearing, needy, clean freaks, and people who only think about themselves only

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
love talking about music and people's personalities

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
gossip, news, my appearance

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
my friends see me as a hermit, weird, intelligent.. wouldnt say theyre wrong about about their perception of me. they would never say i'm fake, mean, stupid

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
watch youtube, read about mbti, spend time with my girlfriend, go see a movie i'm interested in, go to a nice waterfront kind of the place to sit and reflect, look at the night sky

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Welcome [MENTION=32325]spaceynyc[/MENTION]

I think INFJ is a possibility. Introversion (I) and Intuition (N) are pretty obvious. You also said that you are more in tune with others' emotions than your own. This could point towards Extraverted Feeling (Fe). Plus this:

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get moody, I become critical, and when i'm very stressed i'm become impulsive.. I drive faster, blast music, turn to drugs etc

I'm thinking maybe INFJ with ESTP shadow.

What do you think?

spaceynyc

Welcome [MENTION=32325]spaceynyc[/MENTION]

I think INFJ is a possibility. Introversion (I) and Intuition (N) are pretty obvious. You also said that you are more in tune with others' emotions than your own. This could point towards Extraverted Feeling (Fe). Plus this:

I'm thinking maybe INFJ with ESTP shadow.

What do you think?

Thanks for the welcome :)

I completely agree with what you're saying. I do always feel like I had an ESTP shadow. I become much more aggressive under stress and I analyze things a lot less than normal and am much more physically impulsive.

I just find a little hard to believe i'm an Ni dominant even though all signs point to me being one. I dont feel like i'm some kind of grand visionary like I see a lot of INFJs are. That and I know how rare it is to have dominant Ni in your stack. I definitely utilize Ni because I cant sit well with juggling multiple possibilities... I'm always on the hunt for the one final most likely way for things to turn out.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont feel like i'm some kind of grand visionary like I see a lot of INFJs are.

Are these people that you actually know, or are you basing this on profiles of well-known INFJs?

Because if you look at the famous examples of any type, it's tough for any of us to measure up.

Your visions don't have to be 'grand' to be an INFJ, any more than I have to be a world-renowned leader to be an ENTJ.

spaceynyc

Are these people that you actually know, or are you basing this on profiles of well-known INFJs?

Because if you look at the famous examples of any type, it's tough for any of us to measure up.

Your visions don't have to be 'grand' to be an INFJ, any more than I have to be a world-renowned leader to be an ENTJ.

yup youre absolutely right.. the profiles out there do romanticize the types greatly