• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Just feeling unsure.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sigh, yet another typing thread from myself. I don't know why I questioned my type again, but I guess, I just, I don't know. I did.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I really don't know. I always question my type. Like I'm not enough of my type because I am a certain way, or something.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
You know the movie La La Land? I dream of that. I dream of Old Hollywood, I dream of the glamor, I dream of the red carpets... all of that. I've dreamt of it since I was a teenager, and I don't know why, but it's one of those things that kind of just, strikes you and doesn't leave. But nobody's ever really believed in my dreams, so right now I'm kind of lost in life and I just want to be happy and be on my own. Who knows what I'll achieve, I don't know.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I was all dressed up for a class party and I felt great. But then a friend said I was showing off and I ended up feeling like crap because of what she said. People have always made me feel like shit when I'm just trying to be myself.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
The feeling that I'm not enough. Pretty, funny, smart, whatever, enough. Enough.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I definitely go by how I feel. I'm a very stubborn person and if I don't want to do something, I don't. And then like, months later decide I want to do something. I do look to people' opinions on things for what I should do -- like maybe a haircut, or something. But usually with big decisions, I sort of go those alone.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I do. Like, if it's a personal project; that's how I interpret this question. I can be a bit of a controlling person, but I'm not really anal, it's only if I'm really passionate about something.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
My memory of that time is just.. freedom. Going out late, staying up late, shopping, having fun. Not worrying about everything, being out and about and doing something.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I try and study up on the subject if I can. I nearly absorb everything about it, I'm like a sponge.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Not very organized. It depends on the situation. I can be on top of things, but I can easily fall off and let everything kind of crumble under me.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I tend to look for both, with an emphasis if things make sense and then finding information. I definitely like to dig and look for information.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I follow harmony and I like to keep harmony with how everyone is doing fine.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I sometimes think before I speak, but sometimes that doesn't happen for me. I do prefer one on one discussions, but I like being in a group and being around people -- I'm like a moth to a flame, being around everybody, I like knowing what's going on, being apart of something.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Actions speak louder than words; I look before I leap. I'm a hesitant, anxious person.. who is very slow to do things.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I would want to go out with friends, if I had them. My show can wait. I imagine we'd maybe even wind up at my place watching something too, after being out and enjoying ourselves.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I think I internalize it a lot. I don't really like to do anything, stress makes me stop what I'm doing and I worry about it and stuff.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who make mountains out of molehills, or make environments emotionally unstable. It's really uncomfortable to be around that, and it's fucking annoying. I don't like people who are bigoted and homophobic and claim that their beliefs are right, when hateful beliefs are really, really not.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I'll talk about anything with anybody. I especially love reality television and films.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Hmm. I try to be healthy and work out and be hygenic, and I am a clean person, but sometimes it doesn't always happen for me. I'm a bit of a lazy person. I'm not always focused on others, I'm kind of focused on myself and how things will effect me.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Hm. I guess I'm kind, nice, funny... stuff like that. I don't think I'm that funny but I've been told I am. I don't really know.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'd do nothing. Maybe go shopping if it was suggested, but I'd be more happy to binge-watch some reality television. That being said, it's not that I wouldn't want to go and do something, but I'd really just want to relax and treat myself.

Asame

MBTI Type
INFP
Take a look at ESFP or ESFJ.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who make mountains out of molehills, or make environments emotionally unstable. It's really uncomfortable to be around that, and it's fucking annoying. I don't like people who are bigoted and homophobic and claim that their beliefs are right, when hateful beliefs are really, really not.

This is mainly where I pulled S out of instead of your N.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Take a look at ESFP or ESFJ.

This is mainly where I pulled S out of instead of your N.

Can you explain your line of thought regarding this?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

My line of thought, or theirs? I'm just a really liberal person, I've never had any issue with gay marriage or anything. I've just grown up open-minded, I think. I never gave it a second thought.

Asame

MBTI Type
INFP

"People who make mountains out of molehills, or make environments emotionally unstable" is what used interpreted as Sensing as opposed to Intuitive. It seemed grounded to reality and emotional and logical security.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My line of thought, or theirs? I'm just a really liberal person, I've never had any issue with gay marriage or anything. I've just grown up open-minded, I think. I never gave it a second thought.

Theirs. I'm curious how their definition of sensing fits into what you said.

- - - Updated - - -

"People who make mountains out of molehills, or make environments emotionally unstable" is what used interpreted as Sensing as opposed to Intuitive. It seemed grounded to reality and emotional and logical security.

That's very interesting.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Theirs. I'm curious how their definition of sensing fits into what you said.

- - - Updated - - -

That's very interesting.

I find that interesting, too. I do find I.. need security and stuff. Maybe more intensely than I realize. I don't know.

Gone

I have a very hard time imagining that anybody jumps with joy when they see someone making mountains out of molehills. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I wouldn't say this is a sensor trait, or in any way related to type. I see you type as INFP, do you have no problems with that? Please don't take this as an attack or something, I'm genuinely curious.
The second part of your quote I'd attribute to Fe, that has nothing to do with perception.

As for [MENTION=29143]Thirteenly[/MENTION], I see strong Fe. Concerning your perceiving functions, I'd be inclined to say Se rather than Si. So ENFJ or ESTP.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have a very hard time imagining that anybody jumps with joy when they see someone making mountains out of molehills. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I wouldn't say this is a sensor trait, or in any way related to type. I see you type as INFP, do you have no problems with that? Please don't take this as an attack or something, I'm genuinely curious.
The second part of your quote I'd attribute to Fe, that has nothing to do with perception.

As for [MENTION=29143]Thirteenly[/MENTION], I see strong Fe. Concerning your perceiving functions, I'd be inclined to say Se rather than Si. So ENFJ or ESTP.

Thank you, duck.

Asame

MBTI Type
INFP

I was thinking someone with strong extroverted sensing function would be more inclined to put someone's outward behavior as a reason for disliking someone's personality (the point of the question). I guess that could also be translated to Fe but I thought of Se first.

I myself would put something more like someone's beliefs as for a reason for disliking another's personality; I'd be a bit more empathetic to reasons on why people exaggerate a problem. I wouldn't appreciate it at all, but I wouldn't use that to fuel my thinking about someone.

I thought about the functions a bit more after the criticism and reread some of her questions - I'm putting her at Fi instead of Fe due to some of the other questions she put in. ESFP and ISFP would give her a strong Se and Fi.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was thinking someone with strong extroverted sensing function would be more inclined to put someone's outward behavior as a reason for disliking someone's personality (the point of the question). I guess that could also be translated to Fe but I thought of Se first.

I myself would put something more like someone's beliefs as for a reason for disliking another's personality; I'd be a bit more empathetic to reasons on why people exaggerate a problem. I wouldn't appreciate it at all, but I wouldn't use that to fuel my thinking about someone.

I thought about the functions a bit more after the criticism and reread some of her questions - I'm putting her at Fi instead of Fe due to some of the other questions she put in. ESFP and ISFP would give her a strong Se and Fi.

Thanks for your input! I find if someone has beliefs I don't agree with, I tend to not like them. This sounds very black and white of me, but by example I mean like, political beliefs/etc. I'm pretty liberal and.. well.. conservatives... nah, man. :dry:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If you ever wouldnt feel unsure, that would be ... I dont know what that would be, I have never been there.

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The vibe I'm getting from you is ESFJ, although it's a little bit conflicted. I'm not entirely settled on extraversion.

Your answer to Question 2 makes me think you have strong Si, paired with ethics.

You know the movie La La Land? I dream of that. I dream of Old Hollywood, I dream of the glamor, I dream of the red carpets... all of that. I've dreamt of it since I was a teenager, and I don't know why, but it's one of those things that kind of just, strikes you and doesn't leave. But nobody's ever really believed in my dreams, so right now I'm kind of lost in life and I just want to be happy and be on my own. Who knows what I'll achieve, I don't know.

It's the first part of this that really makes me think of Si. I think Si has a very strong attachment and an intense impression of sensory data. What you've taken here is a sensory world that is an ideal to you. It's subjectified to your interpretations, and this is absolutely something I associate with FeSi valuing.

There is an element of Fe throughout. You seem to value emotional atmospheres as well as being shaped by them. Particularly your answer to Question 16 is a good example of this.

The whole thing about "Absorbing information like a sponge" made me think Extraversion. You are more in your head than the stereotype of an extravert, but this could be attributed to you being a head type in the Enneagram. Regardless, this doesn't make me think of the kind of disconnections I experience from the outside world. I'd suggest possibly 7w6 is worth looking into as an Enneagram type, though I'm not confident on it at all.

I've said it.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The vibe I'm getting from you is ESFJ, although it's a little bit conflicted. I'm not entirely settled on extraversion.

Your answer to Question 2 makes me think you have strong Si, paired with ethics.

It's the first part of this that really makes me think of Si. I think Si has a very strong attachment and an intense impression of sensory data. What you've taken here is a sensory world that is an ideal to you. It's subjectified to your interpretations, and this is absolutely something I associate with FeSi valuing.

There is an element of Fe throughout. You seem to value emotional atmospheres as well as being shaped by them. Particularly your answer to Question 16 is a good example of this.

The whole thing about "Absorbing information like a sponge" made me think Extraversion. You are more in your head than the stereotype of an extravert, but this could be attributed to you being a head type in the Enneagram. Regardless, this doesn't make me think of the kind of disconnections I experience from the outside world. I'd suggest possibly 7w6 is worth looking into as an Enneagram type, though I'm not confident on it at all.

I've said it.

Hmm, thank you. This is interesting. I agree with 7w6 on my enneagram.