• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP says I'm not INTP, but an INTJ? Please Help.

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uh, I tend to do better in direct conversation...I did try to read the long opening post of this thread but I didnt manage to concentrate all the way through it, and I didn't see the other two, as I skipped to the end and read backwards for a few posts, maybe a page or two, and then I decided to reply to your post which seemed the most relevant to me.

I'm not an INTP going to track down and reference every detail of my argument. I don't work that way. Ni is just something which jumps to conclusions by forming patterns from data. So I just thought you sounded like you were like the same functions as me and then I arrived into your thread at top speed and quite noisily, as I was excited and that's how I show it.

Happy to chat, how about I ask you one question at once? And you can ask one back when you answer, if you like.

Mine is...why don't you know which of the wings you have on that Enneagram Eight? You can elaborate around the subject of how you deal with anger if you like...don't let me inhibit the length of your reply.

I used to think my gut fix was 8w7 before, but I thought so simply because I was reading general stuff or summaries and I used to believe my mom's perception on me (ex. it's very warped to the point I talk less with my dad, yet he gets I'm introverted but my mom believes I'm an extrovert with too many friends. I only talk to 2-3 people at most and it's always been like that?)

How I deal with anger generally is, it really hits me hard and makes me want to react, but my first step is to rationalize my anger? People do the dumbest things or can make a fool out of themselves cause of their rage and have big regrets, and I've felt a few regrets myself in the past (nothing too big), so when I channel my anger, I want to use it effectively and not just casually. When someone's actually done something to intentionally hurt you or mess with you, that's when I want to use my anger. However, I can't seem to really control my anger when it comes to people who're really pushing my limits. However, I've reacted more 8w7-ish and self-destructive in certain extremes and when I've had some really terrible arguments with my parents, but afterwards it always came back to me as a bad move and made me feel frustrated for losing my cool. I don't mind being angry, feeling anger, being direct, intense or controversial. It's when I lose my power over my anger manipulation and the ability to control myself.

I feel like in the past I've been vulnerable to taking on too much risk and overextending myself in terms of goal setting, planning and executing. That's a mess I'm still cleaning up now and I strive to be a person who's more grounded and unmovable but can get aggressive in and not be a person who's easily messed with.

Overall, this is why I'm confused about my third gut fix. I had a false perception on myself for years, so trying to be objective is a bit tricky. If you'd like, we can chat through the messaging system too, in-case there are some details one of us would like to discuss that slightly ventures off topic or loosely related to this or/and etc.

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to think my gut fix was 8w7 before, but I thought so simply because I was reading general stuff or summaries and I used to believe my mom's perception on me (ex. it's very warped to the point I talk less with my dad, yet he gets I'm introverted but my mom believes I'm an extrovert with too many friends. I only talk to 2-3 people at most and it's always been like that?)

How I deal with anger generally is, it really hits me hard and makes me want to react, but my first step is to rationalize my anger? People do the dumbest things or can make a fool out of themselves cause of their rage and have big regrets, and I've felt a few regrets myself in the past (nothing too big), so when I channel my anger, I want to use it effectively and not just casually. When someone's actually done something to intentionally hurt you or mess with you, that's when I want to use my anger. However, I can't seem to really control my anger when it comes to people who're really pushing my limits. However, I've reacted more 8w7-ish and self-destructive in certain extremes and when I've had some really terrible arguments with my parents, but afterwards it always came back to me as a bad move and made me feel frustrated for losing my cool. I don't mind being angry, feeling anger, being direct, intense or controversial. It's when I lose my power over my anger manipulation and the ability to control myself.

I feel like in the past I've been vulnerable to taking on too much risk and overextending myself in terms of goal setting, planning and executing. That's a mess I'm still cleaning up now and I strive to be a person who's more grounded and unmovable but can get aggressive in and not be a person who's easily messed with.

Overall, this is why I'm confused about my third gut fix. I had a false perception on myself for years, so trying to be objective is a bit tricky. If you'd like, we can chat through the messaging system too, in-case there are some details one of us would like to discuss that slightly ventures off topic or loosely related to this or/and etc.

Okay I read through the entire thread (at least, up to the start of page eight), see, making a special effort for you.

I reckon you're an INTJ, but what is going on is that in some kind of self defence way you've actually had to operate in life much more like some kind of F-type, which has been a protective mechanism for you. While underneath that is the slow formation of the Ni and whatever F-N looping you've mentioned. See, INTJ can look quite similar to something like INFP if trying to people-please, or can mimic Fe behaviour (deferential, polite external behaviours) but that really messes up the internal authenticity of the INTJ (the Enneagram 3 problem emerges)...

I think your Te is now questioning everything about yourself, and that's a healthy move. Where it will lead you I don't know, but it's an interesting journey.

Hope this helps...

AGameOfChance

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Use of biased internal logic tainted proeminently by feeling. => Ti

Extrapolating a conclusion from a single point of data. (Ti)

Use of socially prescribed idioms (#).
Again missing the global picture by focalizing on single arguments individually (Si or Ti)
Considering their friend as messiah because they "have a blog" (a proven competence is trough professional practice and trough large peer efficiency statements but discarding people data for emotional reason.. I am not Einstein because I open a blog about physics ==> Biased and low logic.
Hypocrit and self-validating thought (holding INTJ label in your profile but still stating you do not know, typical Ti-user pratice)

Going back to grammar (of a German guy, speak about context) because of being under pressure.
"Everyone can see", relying on peer feeling judgement (Fe)

Self-centered biased logic, wanting more theoritical background but acting like you were able to judge my knowledge from the void. (Ti)

Dismissing data which do not fit your judgement (just to recall, I stated that "I think you..." ;) ), again taking morality of the crowd (Ti Fe).

I do not know how you can act serious by having such a lack of control and logic.
You want references ? It is called empirical evidence.

Again, what have tou achieved in concrete matters ? These are proofs of competency.
To my point of view, your attachement to logic as an identity is a concrete proof you are more a Ti user than a Te one. You can cry like a baby but this will change nothing to the matter. ;)

Dude, what the hell is your problem?